themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I feel like this is a joke.

themusicman500
Wicked Girl discussion 09 Sep 06:00
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I see people bashing on Sensei for being awful for having feelings like that. Honestly I can't blame her because she didn't know it would turns out that way. She even said she'll stay with Maho even after the realization. I for once understand Sensei's feeling because people tend to have expectations for others people to behave a certain way based on how they look or act.

We don't take kindly to thought crimes here at Dynasty.

I don't take kindly to fetishizing the suffering of a child.

I am not trying to start a squabble here, and I do see how I may have suspended my disbelief to too great of an extent in regards to Maho's age (It didn't click with me what age exactly she was supposed to be on the first reading). However some people really are romantically attracted to very troubled people. These relationships often have very unfortunate results, but that doesn't mean the feelings exchanged were worthless, or that the person in question is "wicked."

themusicman500
Wicked Girl discussion 09 Sep 00:45
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I see people bashing on Sensei for being awful for having feelings like that. Honestly I can't blame her because she didn't know it would turns out that way. She even said she'll stay with Maho even after the realization. I for once understand Sensei's feeling because people tend to have expectations for others people to behave a certain way based on how they look or act.

We don't take kindly to thought crimes here at Dynasty.

last edited at Sep 9, 2016 1:50AM

themusicman500
Image Comments 08 Sep 21:57
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
Tumblr_nt9r76ehr41sezfhfo1_1280

wtf lol

themusicman500
Wicked Girl discussion 08 Sep 19:05
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Attraction is not something that can be controlled, and Sensei's honest thoughts do not make her a bad person. This is a sad story, but hopefully Sensei can look within herself and find a way to renew her love for Maho.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Oh wow, the author is still doing more. That's awesome! With stories like these it seems like they usually end on a confession and that's it.

also I sincerely apologize in advance if this is considered rude, but one particular font used in these two chapters was a bit hard to read. it MIGHT just be me, and if it is then you can completely ignore this. i'm not even sure if the scanlators are on the forums, but in case they are i figured i'd point it out anyway.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/dear_my_teacher_ch5_8#8
^ the font used by the black haired student kind of threw me off and I had to re-read the speech bubbles a few times because it felt like words kind of blurred together

thank you scanlators for your hard work though \uvu/ you're great, i'm glad to see this series get worked on again.

I concur. Actually I really missed the larger font size of the earlier chapters, but I can't complain and I'm really grateful that these are on here.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

The series needs to continue

You do realize that the more there is of this series the more Homura will suffer, right?
Good idea, let it continue!

The end of rebellion has her suffering possibly forever. I don't believe for a second she just left her situation to fate after the end of rebellion, she would try to change things no matter what she had to do, even if it made matters even worse.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I watched and liked mermaid, but I don't have a clue what's going on here.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Rival!!
Milk Morinaga is so fluffy with sprinkles on teen angst. I feel like some of this is like other series, yet with a nice spin to still keep things interesting? Maybe I'm just biased to love Milk Morinaga works even when I'm like "I've technically read this elsewhere" because I got into her works young, lol. I just like Morinaga's particular flair to things - but I still haven't really identified what that is. Could just be art.

Her art is nice and an important part of what makes her works good. What makes her special to me is that she paces her stories well, with a defined beginning, middle, and end, and she understands the importance of friendship in romance better than almost any writer I've seen. She shows you how and why two people come to love each other, and she sells it believably even using very standard tropes, which most love stories, at least for me, fail to do.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Sweet story. Facial expressions don't have the delicate care we normally see from Sakamoto Mano though.

themusicman500
Cocytus discussion 02 Sep 06:10
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Yeah, definetely the worst personality possible.

She didn't do anything bad to her friend in this chapter. Are you condemning her for thought crimes?

I think what OP meant was that she was kind of leading her on. She was blatantly flirting with her even though she had no romantic feelings towards Itsuki, yet she wanted to monopolize her. Thats kind of messed up. Its one thing to want to keep your best friend but its another thing to take advantage of her romantic attraction towards you to keep them tied down. Well, at least thats how I see it.

That's how her inner monologue framed what she did. However in practice all she did from what I remember was invite her friend on a trip. A lot of people have inner lives that are much more screwy than their outward behavior suggests. My point here is that I don't think the MC is necessarily an abusive person based on this chapter alone; it looks far more to me like she's going through a phase in her life where she's struggling with intrusive negative thoughts, and she has a crush on her best friend which she projects onto her out of denial. I think for the time being it would be rash to write off this story as "edgy and annoying like the author's other works."

One chapter wasn't enough, you're right, but I still think that Mao's way of thinking was somewhat manipulative. She MIGHT have been developing romantic attraction (w/o the sexual attraction possibly?) but her way of thinking doesnt seem healthy. But it might still be denial. And i dont know if you were talking about me saying this was "edgy and annoying like the author's other works" but this author has grown on me so, i dont think that lol, i actually enjoy these once in a while.

Yeah the last bit wasn't about you at all, I think you have a very reasonable point of view on this manga and the author. After reading this second chapter, I still think that Mao is not a horrible person. Her thinking is indeed "somewhat manipulative," but not extremely, and not much different than many people who have a best friend. Again, she is highly insecure and thinking inner thoughts that she herself is ashamed of, but her actions consist of just spending time with her best friend in what I think is a nice way. We don't even know if Itsuki is really quite as obsessed with Mao as Mao thinks she is, and common sense tells me she likely isn't. In conclusion (yes I use that phrase and I don't care that writing instructors despise it), I see hope in the ending to this story, and I see value in its themes. I would urge those who don't to maybe take a second look, though my interpretation is by no means superior to that of anyone else.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Hippie side talking, but why did the guy need to confront the girls and correct their "manners"? He could have just minded his own business.

last edited at Sep 2, 2016 1:03AM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Nya-chan posted:

themusicman500 posted:

I love this work so much. The author's mind is incredibly beautiful.

I wouldn't go as far as this.

I think she has issues and she was able to put them into words and drawings, probably as some kind of self-therapy for her.

I wouldn't describe the mind of someone struggling with depression and all kinds of disorders, as "beautiful". She's (or was) obviously very ill.

Her mind is more like "a wreck" and hopefully, "trying to rebuild itself" and get better.

To add just a bit more to this, i'd say her method of expressing her struggles through her passion of art, plus the resolve she built to get this out is definitely what i'd describe as "beautiful", plus her art style can be ridiculously cute,(look for her drawing of a bunch of mini versions of herself snuggling with cough-drops as an example)

That is what I meant, thank you. I don't believe that something that is flawed or even abominable cannot be beautiful, because beauty is not necessarily a holistic trait. The mind of the author has caused pain and it is clearly tremendously flawed in terms of how it has served its owner's happiness, yet it has also given birth to wonderful art. My mother and my sister are artists also, and they too suffer from mental illness, yet in the ways that they enrich others' lives with their personal kindness and in the beauty of the art they produce, I simply cannot describe their minds as anything other than beautiful. Please don't think I am honoring the author's pain and loneliness as a "good" thing when I say that.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Hmm, i guess i just don't believe the whole idea of all children being %100 non-corrupt until the "magic" of adolescence, that there couldn't possibly be a child who would become "corrupt" without it being the effect of actions directly caused by an adult, i have the feeling i'm reading too much into this stuff now, thanks Yuzumori-san.

That is sort of the big question of Lolita as I understand it. Whether there really is a possibility, no matter how small, that Humbert is actually correct and the child really is seducing him. But the sensible conclusion is that it doesn't matter because the adult has an obligation regardless of the circumstances to protect the child from potential danger, including himself or herself, "true love" or not. And in my opinion no one in this comment section is reading too deeply into the story, because as consumers of art we have no choice but to accept the feelings we experience during the story as the intentions of the artist.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

This is on the cusp of yuri greatness and I know I'll probably end up reading this again dozens of times in the future, but the lack of consent at the beginning really irks me. A sequel would be absolutely fantastic.

themusicman500
Image Comments 24 Aug 14:55
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
Asymmetry_by_lolisoup-d8kb3ls

Sad though it may be, a more likely scenario is that Madoka requested to be killed, then handed Homura her glove and kissed her after Homura hesitated. I just can't see this configuration happening otherwise, nor do I think Homura would ever try to attack Madoka.

themusicman500
Image Comments 24 Aug 06:00
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
Asymmetry_by_lolisoup-d8kb3ls

I've dreamed of them having an epic hollywood kiss for a while now, but did anyone notice that Homura is pointing a gun directly at Madoka's soul gem? That her finger is on the trigger? And they appear to be inside a witch's barrier?

last edited at Aug 24, 2016 6:16AM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Add alcoholism and its the life story of a good portion of my family.

themusicman500
Cocytus discussion 20 Aug 18:28
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

She didn't do anything bad to her friend in this chapter. Are you condemning her for thought crimes?

I think what OP meant was that she was kind of leading her on. She was blatantly flirting with her even though she had no romantic feelings towards Itsuki, yet she wanted to monopolize her. Thats kind of messed up. Its one thing to want to keep your best friend but its another thing to take advantage of her romantic attraction towards you to keep them tied down. Well, at least thats how I see it.

That's how her inner monologue framed what she did. However in practice all she did from what I remember was invite her friend on a trip. A lot of people have inner lives that are much more screwy than their outward behavior suggests. My point here is that I don't think the MC is necessarily an abusive person based on this chapter alone; it looks far more to me like she's going through a phase in her life where she's struggling with intrusive negative thoughts, and she has a crush on her best friend which she projects onto her out of denial. I think for the time being it would be rash to write off this story as "edgy and annoying like the author's other works."

themusicman500
Cocytus discussion 20 Aug 02:12
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

themusicman500
Image Comments 20 Aug 00:22
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
Tumblr_nxfnaera7t1qfv2fjo1_1280

I love it. Madoka is making such a nice expression.

last edited at Aug 20, 2016 12:47AM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I think I'm gonna hurl

themusicman500
Cocytus discussion 19 Aug 19:02
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I think people are really missing that the reason the dark haired girl seems so fucked up is because we're seeing directly into her thoughts. To me, she is confused and and obviously projecting her imagination onto her friend. If you look at what physically took place compared to what took place in MC's mind, none of the characters treated her each other cruelly and horribly like they did in some of the author's other works. I think it's an interesting portrayal of how a seemingly nice friendship can have doubt and uncertainty in the mind of one of the friends.