Forum › Posts by Altair

Altair Uploader
Image Comments 24 Feb 10:01
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016
En-1097161675159945216

If I know this author's other work well, this is just the beginning of a decades long battle

Altair Uploader
Image Comments 23 Feb 11:37
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016
Dz2xvmfv4ayxpri-orig

They were the only ship option in Pokémon. You couldn't really ship Misty and no one ever paid attention to Lorelei

last edited at Feb 23, 2019 11:38AM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Hello! First, help Stan. He has so many great yuri projects underway!

I'm looking for a lead translator to take on translating all of the remaining stories in the out-of-print anthology Tsubomi (https://dynasty-scans.com/search?q=Tsubomi). The ideal candidate would be a decently competent translator and would recognize that translating fiction is an act of creative writing and representing an author's text in English as if they were a native speaker themselves. Would this author demand a direct, stiff, and awkward translation? Does the dialogue sound like something someone would say?* We prefer to translate meaning and intent rather than text.**

On the flip side, we're looking for any and all translators passionate about the project. This is a big undertaking, first approached by Phyis, and we'll mainly be copying her methods, so we're looking for anyone that may want to help out. We have a project board, workflow, and progress tracking spreadsheet (maybe eventually with charts?!) Also, if you're looking for a place to level up your skills and become a more formidable translator, that option is available with us as well.

We see ourselves as something of cultural yuri archivers, and our purpose is to see all of Tsubomi localized as part of an effort to preserve it from being lost to the halls of yuri past. Pedantry be damned.

Ideally, we'll take on Hirari and Comic Rakuen at some point as well, though for now we are acquiring and scanning in new versions of the missing/old Tsubomi raws.

*Unless the work is Touhou fanfiction. Then (unless it was Rireba) you BETTER BELIEVE it was written stiffly and awkwardly, and we'd be doing the work a disservice by introducing well-formed and distinct dialogue.

**I for one love Roland Barthes and Stanley Fish and would be very down to discuss the particulars of the death of the author, authorial intent, and what makes a postmodern, late-capital text. Come at me Blastaar.

Contact me at Altair#5203 on Discord

last edited at Feb 19, 2019 6:56PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Yeah I'm getting the feeling that Hime is gonna come out as trans too. It'll be cute and interesting to have a manga that has both transfem and transmasc characters

Like Wandering Son, but without the surprise switch toward the end? That was actually pretty sad when Takatsuki was essentially pushed out of the manga

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I accidentally suggested yuri for chapter 25 and now I can't undo it, my bad. 23 and 26 though, thems the yuri. What with the gal pals and all.

last edited at Feb 14, 2019 11:40PM

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Yessssss. It's sooooo good! So many new Sachi voice scenes. I haven't checked the ten drama CDs though. Anyone else been playing it?

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

The witch reminds me of Lina Inverse.

... I wonder if there's Slayers yuri...

I'm sure there's a bunch of Lina/Naga out there, but it's probably not any good unfortunately.

last edited at Jan 25, 2019 9:34PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I also miss the old RPGs, I'm pretty sick of the parade of WoW wannabes. But yessssss, non-futa Xenosaga~

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Apart from buying this as an ebook on Amazon.jp, they now ship internationally, so you can buy the physical copy if you want

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

RIP Chloe: may she rest peacfully in yuri heaven among sachi san and megumi ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

I see you're not reading the official comics. You should check them out on Amazon

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

It takes a lot of integrity to resist the temptation to borrow money from your friends, and just have them pay you for sex instead.

I never had that much integrity.

I lost it

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

...I'm still thinking about the story made by the Girl's Last Tour author.

.This is a sweeter sculpting of the same substance.

Which one? Can you give the link?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/flan_wants_to_die

It's great, really

Altair Uploader
Chata Maru discussion 05 Jan 09:38
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Where might they be found? Send them our way and maybe we can deliver

last edited at Jan 6, 2019 12:15AM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Dunno, I feel as if the author just gave up and just wanted to get it over with in the last three chapters.

The series was likely canceled in yuri hime and the mangaka given a few chapters to wrap it up. If the shift in story quality is any indication, they were either devastated or just gave up and treated it like an annoying homework assignment until it was over. They had a really interesting idea that just unraveled.

The grammar is all over the place in these last 3 chapters.

I feel like that adds to the authenticity of it. I can't tell you how many doujinshi I've read where the English has to have been waaaaaay better than the original Japanese fan fiction. I mean, shit, think about it. Fan fiction written by visual artists. Regular fan fiction is atrocious, what secrets does our new dialogue obscure?

last edited at Jan 4, 2019 1:26AM

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

When Nakatani is referring to colors across languages, she's pulling on an anecdote from a linguistics class, which is in the note at the end. Which maybe their work was the subject of that particular day.

Most importantly, Nakatani Nio knows semiotics! That's exciting, and makes sense. Weirdly, I also thought Sassure and Yukari would get along (probably from reading about them both at the same time). Yukari x Sassure tag when?

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Oh no! The plot of Infinite Jest has passed the border of illusion and migrated to Gensokyo! This is... Not all that surprising.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Hegemony. The word y'all are looking for is hegemony. Normal is subjective and relative, a theme that may or may not be explored, bildungsroman pending.

last edited at Dec 30, 2018 2:13AM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Unrelated, but I miss the Dynasty Discord server :c

Did you get kicked? It's still here

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Vivit Gray, Karaagetarou, Poprication, Yohane, and Millet Soup might be down your alley in that case.

Not sure I'd group yohane with the others in regards to the style of art, but great artists nonetheless.

The grouping was more about less dramatic/less high stakes romance, they tend to be fluffier.

last edited at Dec 24, 2018 10:44PM

Altair Uploader
DAI HARD discussion 22 Dec 01:17
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Merry Christmas! Proving once again that Die Hard is the superior Christmas movie.

last edited at Dec 24, 2020 10:09AM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Vivit Gray, Karaagetarou, Poprication, Yohane, and Millet Soup might be down your alley in that case.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Why my pp hard?

'cause puberty's a right bitch.

last edited at Dec 20, 2018 11:42PM

Altair Uploader
Ayakashiko discussion 20 Dec 21:00
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Is that just me or does Kii somewhat resemble indoors (chibi) Umaru? :o
Either way, this series is really nice.

She's much more of an Akarin in terms of facial expressions.

Altair Uploader
Citrus + discussion 19 Dec 01:34
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

The vice president reminds me that DUDES LOVE DRILLS AND DRILLS ARE POWER!!

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

https://twitter.com/mesdorei/status/1018512437706817536

I have it on the authority of someone who can actually read this that Husky proposed to Medley.

Edit: Damn, sniped... ;_;

The power of the GET is real