Forum › Posts by applejuice

applejuice
Inko-sensei discussion 01 Dec 19:16
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

NcDoMild

McDonald's already tastes like oily cardboard, why would you make it even MILDER

last edited at Dec 1, 2022 7:17PM

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

[...] I think the only genre where teen sex happens consistently and is presented in an unjudging way is the horror genre... too bad the slasher always comes and kills them in the middle of it, lmao.

Ignoring the question of how we got to this topic, teenagers having sex should not be presented in any way. It's one of those things where you should tell not show. It's really damn creepy how some media, including horror movies, will establish their characters as underage (or barely not underage) and then show the characters have sex. Especially considering that most sex scenes, regardless of age, serve no purpose and are just there to grab the viewer's attention.

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Almost nobody over 30 is going to be offended by a person referring to themselves as "decaying" because we all feel it everyday.

You do? That's pretty sad tbh. 30s seem like a pretty great time. But then again most people's idea of normal ageing and maturing is a pretty foreign concept to me so maybe I'm the outlier here

applejuice
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

That guy was definitely involved in her death! He's dangerous, but so far he's just feeling the MC out and trying to gaslight her.

He wouldn't just hand the script to her if he hadn't actually been reciting it, that'd be straight up begging to be found out

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

You don't get to decide where to draw the lines, noone does.

https://iili.io/yrRzdP.jpg

Y'all semantically-challenged folks remind me of a post I saw on one of the queer forums I use that completely flabbergasted me: this girl came in asking if she can still call herself a lesbian even tho she finds one femboy really hot. That's the sort of astoundingly silly question one asks when they use merriam-webster as gospel. No reasonable person goes through a taxonomic process to determine the right words for sexuality and gender. It's about the vibe, not what an editor at oxford university press thought up, sorry

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

“Lesbian” is an adjective, not a club. If you say people that aren’t homosexual women (cis or trans!) can be lesbians, then the word becomes pointless.

So this is gonna blow your mind, but listen: turns out that out in the real world you cannot neatly place people into boxes and both "woman" and "homosexual" are reductive categories. We're not sims.
You don't get to decide where to draw the lines, noone does. "lesbian" is an identity, not just an adjective

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

So all that buildup is just over? They've made up inbetween chapters or something? Feels a little weak to me

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Insurance for ruining a funeral by fulfilling the dead person's request????

applejuice
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

You really need to touch some grass.
I dont even want to know how you took that but better look at yourself before u point at others.

I never once had a problem with telling kids apart from grown women but I'm the one out of touch with the world...

I've been 14 and I've been 21, people look and behave completely differently at those ages. The gap is literally 1/3 of a person's life at that point

applejuice
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

age of 14 up to 21 are almost indistinguishable. woman just mature earlier

...holy fucking shit

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

FluffyCow posted:
"We're all ghosts now" -Soldier 76

"Excuse me for dropping in" - Winston Overwatch

"pew pew, check out my butt" - Tracer
Sorry, haven't played it, guessing lines here

applejuice
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

"Peachtown" sounds like an animal crossing save name

applejuice
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Take a shot every time they say "love"

applejuice
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Wow, Ami's eureka bulb is LED, how eco-friendly!

applejuice
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

"grrr that white pale skin thats gotta be under the black skin make me horny ggrr"

huff take off your skin huff

last edited at Oct 16, 2022 6:44PM

applejuice
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

You think of the girl and right away she shows up with flowers in her hair. It's called a sign, Xingyuan, a SIGN!

applejuice
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Mom overhears "I'm your first" and just goes "I'll be out till NIGHT, you two have FUN"
Wingmomwingmomwingmom

applejuice
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

^^if they are, that's quite the reach. I made a joke about the homophobia theme showing up, like it does in most queer fiction I've read. My reaction to this chapter was "oh, there it is" and I wanted to share that

applejuice
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Enter [obligatory homophobia arc]

applejuice
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

This is just misery for misery's sake

applejuice
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

With this much build up you better do something slightly non platonic, Matsuri

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022
applejuice
Hanabi discussion 25 Sep 21:34
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

She didn't get an answer. According to the prologue, they simply moved on with their lives.

I feel really dumb right now, what was the question? I either missed it or she never asked her out and they just had this vague thing going, no?

applejuice
Hanabi discussion 25 Sep 21:28
Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Damn, she never got an answer. Only a silent rejection.

What answer, when?

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Weren't the stick people all supposed to get one box in the first panel of that drawing and then the whole point was about redistributing the boxes equitably? Like, where did the boxes come from teach?

What are you even talking about?

I'm talking about the original image, which was much better at showing the difference between equality and equity, since it actually had everyone get an equal amount of help (boxes) at first and THEN showed that some people need more help and some need none.