Forum › Posts by flowsthead

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Cute chapter, but this one moves so slow I would have rather had something more plot or character based. Nothing new happened here.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Wow, everyone really just blurting out every thought they have this chapter. Prez was saying some absolutely wild shit in front of the whole class.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

So is the implication that Aya called Kanna or that Mitsuki called Kanna?

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Ch 63
If that ending means that Sumika is going to try to get over Kanoko I think I will cheer. But it's ambiguous enough that it's not clear it means anything yet.

Ch 64
Oh fuck yes. Sumika doing what's necessary. God I hope they're not endgame and get back together later because this is the best decision Sumika has made lately. Kanoko still sucks of course and has learned nothing. Big surprise.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I like sadists in fiction a lot of the time. They at least always keep things interesting, even when it becomes messy as hell.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I don't know. It looks like Erika took everything from Aya for the last seven years. Took her roles and took her place at Koto's side.

I wonder if Erika made a wish on Tanabata for Aya to disappear and that led to the current situation. And at the end of a cycle of seven years, the wish expired and Aya came back. I think Erika isn't blameless in all this.

Even if Erika made a wish on Tanabata for Aya to disappear, I would hardly call that blame. No one expects a wish like that to come true. And she's still Koto's friend, so "taking her place at Koto's side" is a really nefarious way to put "being a friend". Unless she knowingly did something to send Aya to the future which doesn't seem likely as she's just as confused as the others, blaming Erika seems really weird.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I have to admit, I am hardcore shipping Kaguhara and Mikamo. I really hope they're the end game.

I kinda hope that being around Kaguhara, Shitori has her own fetishes with Akishita unlocked.

The end of chapter 8 implies it's not going to be Mikamo with that flashforward about her staring into the abyss that is Kaguhara, especially since Mikamo mentions that they're not batting for the same team.

But also good luck in your ship.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Hirose sustained some significant damage, and she's in denial. Big fucking oof for our girl here. Man, the way she just fucking died on page 10; painfully relatable. She will obviously play an important role, but I don't think I've seen the way this sort of "role" she'll have is built before, and I like it. I also think the other friend, I believe her name is Hatori, who I now promote over Hirose to be the perceptive one of the trio, will play an important role. I'm inclined to believe she might have feelings for Hirose.

But more importantly, I'm excited like a little kid before Christmas or something for the movie date. As Serenata's comment above very accurately describes, I've been grinning on and off and giggling like a gremlin. Page 17 was the fucking cutest with the "see you tomorrow" transition. So, so good. I'm loving it. This is definitely one of my most anticipated series right now, and I'm very, very much looking forward to the next chapters and seeing how things shape out.

Hinata and Hatori read as straight for me, although it's early enough that it's possible one of them will have feelings for Hirose for extra "drama".

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

This was mentioned in another comment section, but I hope they show nude sketching involving people that are not just young pretty girls.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Ch 63
If that ending means that Sumika is going to try to get over Kanoko I think I will cheer. But it's ambiguous enough that it's not clear it means anything yet.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

To me the "I don't like girls, I just happen to like [name] because she is [name]" trope is just a big red flag that the writer is approaching the story from the angle of yuri as a romantic fantasy rather than homosexuality as a reality.
It's not that they're necessarily trying to be homophobic, but...

There's no need for a "but".
Indifference towards the gender of your own or someone else's love interest used to be an ideal, an aspiration. It certainly doesn't represent societal reality at large, but I still see it as an ideal. If you're in a monogamous relationship, you're effectively "monosexual" anyway.

That would imply that your sexuality only exists when you're acting upon it. You can still find other people attractive in a healthy, stable, monogamous relationship.

Anyway, this manga has really fallen for me, which is unfortunate. It was getting translated around the same time as "Our Yuri Started With Me Getting Rejected in a Dream", but the difference in execution feels much better in that one, not because anything has happened in that one either, but at least we get both people's perspectives like someone else said. I still have no clue what Yuzu's deal is. And it's weird because this manga started out with Yuzu being confessed to. It would be easy enough for someone, anyone, to start a conversation with Yuzu about what if anything she's feeling. I don't know, I'll keep reading this till the end probably, but I don't look forward to it in the same way anymore.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

enjoy your crippling oxytocin addiction flowsthead :')

Hahahaha well what can I do? I'm going to end up hurt and crying either way, at least it will be fun in the meantime.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Good idea, because everyone knows that going friends with benefits when you're in love with someone is the most healthy idea possible

Sometimes you need to get it out of your system (literally in that situation right now myself). It's not necessarily the best idea, but if you're mature about it and communicate well with the other person then it can work out fine.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I thought the implication of Chapter 3 Page 30 is that both Fuyuki and Senpai are in an unrequited love situation, but senpai's is not with Fuyuki but someone else. Them dating without Fuyuki being in love with senpai doesn't seem an issue to me since I don't think senpai is in love with Fuyuki either. At least based on what we've seen.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Considering how little Mitsuki blushes or shows her feelings, I thought the implication was that she wasn't there yet with Aya, But maybe she's just private about it and is aware of what's happening between them, cause that handholding at the end there suggested as much. Which is just lovely.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Screaming crying dying on the floor AUGH THESE TWO. SO CUTE.

Also apparently I somehow missed an entire volume and then some(apparently the recent majority of Toudou's character development??????? oops??????????) so I will be rectifying that mistake by rereading the whole thing and basking in the glory of Mochi's writing.

This manga has actually been updating regularly on Mangadex over the last few months. It's just that all those new chapters never made it onto Dynasty until they were all uploaded at once on June 20. This is why I often follow/subscribe the same manga on both sites, in case one site gets an update first.

Though I am curious, why does Dynasty often fall behind Mangadex on uploads?

It just depends on the uploader. There are a bunch of groups that update to Dynasty way before they update to MD. I think it's also partly because MD has more groups working on all kinds of things so groups that pick up a yuri manga/manhwa there aren't necessarily even aware of this site.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

That coworker Kumi is a real one. I love allies like her. I had no doubts about Yuuya either, he always seemed like a good egg, but I like Kumi's anger.

Also, the bisexual woman that approached Ayaka alone also didn't seem to have any bad intentions, at least from that short conversation, I'm not sure why that was treated the same as everything else.

Kumi seems so cool.

And I think with the bi person - they're acting as if this is Ayaka's first time experiencing the emotional rush of finding out you're queer. "I've dated a few women, I settled for men, I know what to expect and can tell you." And from their POV that's what this might be. But we as the audience know that's not true, so their intentions seem more genuine than Ayaka assumes.

I think you're reading into it. I don't think she said she's settled for men, nor did she imply it. I agree that from Ayaka's POV it's not useful or helpful, but it felt like the manga chapter was putting it in line with the other examples that were genuinely bad. I mean, first, she approached Ayaka one-on-one which is already better than 99% of other people, and she approached her from the perspective of support, as in she's in the community and accepts her for who she is. Even if she got it wrong about Ayaka, I still think that was a genuinely sweet thing.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

That coworker Kumi is a real one. I love allies like her. I had no doubts about Yuuya either, he always seemed like a good egg, but I like Kumi's anger.

Also, the bisexual woman that approached Ayaka alone also didn't seem to have any bad intentions, at least from that short conversation, I'm not sure why that was treated the same as everything else.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

As far as I can tell the raws haven't updated since April which is a huge bummer cause this was a huge chapter.

A new chapter with a whopping 86 black/white pages just dropped yesterday, sooo ;)

Omg! Best news I've heard in a while. So excited.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

So far,
Toudou with the younger tsundere
Prez with yakuza girl
Sporty tomboy with R
Kamisada with Hachou, yakuza girl's big sis(?).

It seems like Toudou isn't getting every one in her harem. The pairings are perfect so far.

I don't think it's as simple as all that. For one, chapter 17 (here: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sorry_but_im_not_into_yuri_ch17#32 ) Pres says to Toudou "Under no circumstances will I hand you over to anyone else. Ever." Based on that and the Rin chapters I think poly is more likely than Toudou not ending up with Pres.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Both perspectives are really understandable. I love the body language in this chapter. I'm curious if Xiaoen will let Xingyuan figure things out for herself, or if Xiaoen will get more aggressive in pursuing her.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

As far as I can tell the raws haven't updated since April which is a huge bummer cause this was a huge chapter.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

People have a lot of really strong opinions about side characters in their first introduction. I tend to think of all of this as just more information and nice expansion of the world. Of course Takamine has friends. And so of course those friends are going to care about her. We found out some interesting things here:

A) At least two of Takamine's friends are straight, while it seems Takamine might be aware she isn't.
B) Takamine's friends view her as someone that goes with the flow, or rather someone that is really accommodating.
C) To at least one friend, Takamine is giving the impression that she's changing. She read the mood between Takamine and Sakura accurately.

That's actually pretty important information, and information that wouldn't have been gleaned as easily without other people getting involved.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Ughhhh Yurika is sooo cute, but with Himawari coming back into the picture I see nothing but drama on the horizons.

Called it. We going into drama territory.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

It is kind of funny that they're trying to 4D chess this when the answer is right there.
"What could be the reason for her strange actions? All I know is the girlfriend is the key."
Yeah, maybe she's the key, or maybe she's the reason.