Forum › Posts by Xyeed

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I love how we have moved onto the experience of a new girl and not Asumi and I love it. I really like her and I am so curious how long it will take for either both Asumi and her to do it or do a join request for two or one girls.

I also wonder about endgame and if Asumi chan will have a harem of black haired girls lol.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Wow I expected this to be real studying lol. Those faces at the end are pretty funny.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

That page with the characters recreating the meme was good lol. I am curious how this 3 way battle as I wonder if the MC will realize the other two will probably fight each other more intensely and so she can sit back and just wait.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Omg that last page got me right in the heart lol. It's just so cute.

last edited at Sep 25, 2022 5:36PM

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Couples confirmed and I find it weird she is so defensive over being touched. Like not wanting to be touched is fair but this is an extreme level.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

God hasn't updated since March. Guess the translator isn't going to continue it so I thank them for what they have done. Hope somebody else picks this up eventually as it's hilarious.

last edited at Sep 19, 2022 5:34PM

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I love how protective she is of her now and won't let any home wrecking demon arrive.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

God the artist is really good at drawing as the characters look adorable and I love the little feet shot to show how nervous she is. Talking through text was interesting and I liked how she made mistakes. I am curious to how awkward this first time will be lol.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Pretty good chapter. Puppets were adorable. Love how the MC called out the plot of the manga lol. She's also a complete dumbass that broke the glass and will probably have spent her bribe money on fixing her messes before the plan is even done lmao.

I don't know how these two will get together as they are both idiots.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I like Manaria but feel like she doesn't really make sense within the otome setting.

Why are we not following her and why is she not the protagonist? (this is a joke btw in case someone took that seriously). I just feel there is way too much of a gap in her abilities compared to everyone else and that's almost impossible to bridge. As you said, Rei seemed overpowered before and I am pretty sure if I am remembering correctly is meant to be special as a saint or something but she just looks like a mob character compared to Manaria.

Revolution does not follow a 'defeat the big bad' otome plot; the MC is not a prophesied saintess or anything like that. Within the game plot, the purpose of the MC's power is to overcome social barriers. She doesn't need to be the most powerful, just powerful enough to make princes consider dating a commoner, and simply being strong enough to kill people can't solve the social upheaval the plot centers around.

(That said, I also don't particularly like Manaria as a character or a plot device)

I have read so many Villainess stories and the releases of translated chapters are so sporadic, they are all fusing together in my head lol. Cool, she isn't a saintess, thanks for clarifying. Then Manaria seems even more op than she needs to be imo. Being able to use 4 elements would put her way above the mc and enough to beat her with a big power gap. This just feels like an adult pummeling a toddler now.

last edited at Sep 15, 2022 6:39PM

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I like Manaria but feel like she doesn't really make sense within the otome setting.

If this were just a story about a commoner in love with a noble, then it would make sense for a character introduced as the stock rival-from-the-love-interest's-past to be comically overpowered compared to Rei - she's supposed to seem insuperably better than the main character.

Rei's already the comically-overpowered protagonist of a completely different story, though, and in that story Manaria's just a minor supporting character, so it's kind of odd that she's also just coincidentally the Avatar.

I do find the power scaling in this really odd. The Princes, Claire and Rei I think are all meant to be the top students and all have exceptional ability we have seen demonstrated with I think 3 (I think it's 3) magical elements being really special. Plus from the magic we have seen a lot of skills involve mixing the elements together.

Manaria just really feels broken for no reason. She has 4 magic circles out of nowhere which I would have been fine with since that doesn't seem too much stronger but then has extra abilities like being able to stop magic, use extremely high level spells that no other previously seen spells can compare to like teleportation and then whatever dominator does.

Why are we not following her and why is she not the protagonist? (this is a joke btw in case someone took that seriously). I just feel there is way too much of a gap in her abilities compared to everyone else and that's almost impossible to bridge. As you said, Rei seemed overpowered before and I am pretty sure if I am remembering correctly is meant to be special as a saint or something but she just looks like a mob character compared to Manaria.

Considering how the there is meant to be an evil church, I am hoping the author get's better at the power system and actually shows why Rei special becuase Manaria should be able to solve problems as she is way more of a standard Iseaki protagonist than Rei is.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I don´t really like manaria as a character but i can understand her inclusion and even if it´s a little force i can appreciate the fact she´s moving the story foward

agreed. Though I admit she’s not the most likeable character, I feel that she’s a much needed push for Rei and Claire.

I personally like manaria though i see why people don’t like her lol

I disagree with this idea though. Rei I don't think has been doing a bad job. She helped Claire a lot last arc and she clearly has some feeling of appreciation for her considering the necklace. They've only known each other for less than a year, what's the rush? If she went more aggressive, that might start pushing Claire away. Plus another thing is why does Rei have to be the one to make all the moves? I think a better way of getting them closer and getting Claire to realize more about her feelings is maybe if there was a scenario where Rei had to leave for a while and then Claire might start feeling a bit lonely and might appreciate her presence a bit more. Another idea maybe if she spent more time with the prince she likes. She might realize that she's not as interested in him as she thought and then this could lead to more development with Rei. Majority of Yuri's I find are always 1 person carrying most of the relationship development. How this we have the other confront their feelings in a non forced way.

My point is that I think what this character is way too forceful and feels like Rei and Claire are being pushed together for plot reasons rather than getting into a relationship naturally. What this character is doing is as natural as getting a brick to the face.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

2 things about this chapter:
1. I always find it stupid how characters say you clearly don't love someone enough even though you are respecting their boundaries and space and not constantly harassing them especially after they have told you they aren't into you yet. I think Rei has been doing a good job with her approach to Claire
2. Yeah I don't like this new character but not because of her personality but morely because she feels like a plot device to me. Her place in the story feels unnatural to me as she just showed up and beat the main character in 2 chapters. Would have preferred to see her for more time earlier or even hear about her before by multiple characters to hype her up. She seems really overpowered as well. She can teleport, stop magic and seems to be able to force people to cough up blood and faint. Who needs the protagonist Rei? She's meant to be a saint right? What's that good for, this new character can beat any villain with her strength. I know she is probably like this because I say author isn't really interested in doing fights as this isn't a battle manga, but the one the chimera in the last arc was pretty cool and creative. Would have preferred if their fight lasted way longer, like if it was an entire chapter so the battle was bit more strategic and Rei actually showed off her magic better as early on she was hiding it but now I don't feel she is that good anymore and had no reason to hide it as it ain't that special. Hopefully this character isn't just here for the arc and actually does something interesting. I feel she is trying to setup Claire and Rei as I don't feel like she is meant to be villain with the looks she keeps giving Rei so I hope that isn't just what her character's purpose in the story is.

For the translator, thank you for doing this and take your time. Life is more important than translating manga lol. Also, I am glad you translated this and didn't skip this as I felt the other person's translations were close but in parts a bit off and I found yours a lot clearer (also helps not be missing a page lol).

last edited at Sep 13, 2022 3:47PM

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

That joke of the succubus trying to sneak up on her at night but she's staying up reading her phone was gold.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Wow the chapter got the rape tag added. I think it was good move so people can know what the chapter will be like.

With the announcement of adaptation has ended pretty fast imo I am mixed on it. I really enjoyed the early chapters and the idea of someone who dismisses homosexual relationships learning and understanding it better and appreciating it. On the other hand though there is the most recent chapter which while isn't a dropping offense for me, really made the manga go down imo and if there were further chapters like it then I wouldn't be surprised if more dropped it and stopped reading.

I will just ignore chapter's 8 existence and enjoy what we have to read when it is finished.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I sure hope Aya has a good explanation. She's gonna need it. lol

Aya: It's just a Prank Bro (Gone Wrong) (Gone Sexual)

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

The issue here isn't even that Aya did this. It's that there is no commentary from the author. It wouldn't be the first relationship that has had a terrible moment that can be salvaged, but it's treated both in the manga and the LNs as just another event between them. I'm not asking for moralizing from author, but some kind of acknowledgement that that was really fucked up.

Honestly, I don't believe this is worse than your standard shoujo smut fare.
There is a scene in vol. 4 which I thought was kinda bad though, so be warned

I think the problem though is this manga (at least for me) didn't seem like it was going to do something like this. While having a unique reason for the two to act like they are dating, at the start, it didn't seem to be smutty.

I personally really love Gushing Over Magical Girls where the MC does some pretty awful stuff to the other magical girls but the series from the start was about that and uses it to do exaggerated things so I think it's fine in that manga.

Again with Citrus. Personally I really don't like Citrus but that's not for some of the more arguably sexual assaulting scenes because I kinda expected those when I heard of a premise of step sisters falling in love.

This seemed to me to be going as a pretty nice relationship. Over the last few chapters I did feel it was crossing a line but this one just stands out as we just had two awful lines to hear which is Marika telling her to stop multiple times and Aya not caring because she says she enjoys it.

I just feel that this scene feels out of place for this manga.

last edited at Sep 7, 2022 4:04PM

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I sincerely ask this not to be contentious with other people (because I found it pretty uncomfortable too), but to the people that were saying this scene was Rapey, how do you coincide that with her suddenly wanting to pleasure Aya?

My two cents is that regardless of Marika's internally conflicted feelings, she told Aya in absolutely no uncertain terms that she didn't want to, and it's not Aya's position to attempt to read Marika's mind, let alone make the decision about her conflicted feelings for her. It is extremely not okay to initiate sex with someone who firmly, repeatedly says no on the off-chance they might get into it after the fact.

Very much this, but then there's also the fact that we're not sitting on the jury for a rape trial, but reading a story here. So rather than passing judgement on the people, it is more about looking at the story itself and in this context, I think it's especially bad that the story mixed what should have been an important moment (Marika becoming honest enough in her attraction to actively reciprocate sexually) with a beginning to the sex scene that is just by all means rape because until that point Aya has no way of knowing that Marika wants to have sex, quite the opposite with her repeatedly saying no and that she's scared, etc.

So my main problem with this is not even that Aya did a shitty thing (which she did), but that after a revelation that should make her more likeable she does this and thus essentially spoils what could otherwise have been a beautiful moment in this manga. In all honesty, that's just tonal inconsistency and bad writing in what is supposed to be a romance story

It's all straight from the LNs, this is how it plays out. Luckily, there are no other rapey scenes in the 3 volumes I've read, but even one is enough.

The issue here isn't even that Aya did this. It's that there is no commentary from the author. It wouldn't be the first relationship that has had a terrible moment that can be salvaged, but it's treated both in the manga and the LNs as just another event between them. I'm not asking for moralizing from author, but some kind of acknowledgement that that was really fucked up.

"but it's treated both in the manga and the LNs as just another event between them"
So many yuri manga which seem to be trying do a nice normal relationships seem to throw in a random at best sexual harassment and at worst sexual assault scenes in and just never bring it up again. It's just treated as an intimate moment or that the pleasure they feel makes them realize their feelings even though a few pages before they were begging for them to stop.

As you said, some kind of acknowledgement I think would be great. Could build it into the story where the character has to look into themselves realize what they did was wrong and how it has caused a rift between the two have to work through it. A possibility for good conflict but no, I still have yet to find a yuri manga that does this which is just a waste. I find it funny how I just kinda expect it at this point when reading a yuri manga. I don't like it but I am just oh here we go again.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Me four, this would be one of my favourites if it didn't go the hentai route with the whole "rape is okay as long as she felt good in the end" schtick. It's especially annoying because in one of the first chapters Aya explicitly says "I'm not like those gross old geezers, I won't force you to do anything you're uncomfortable with" and then... does.

Seems like me and the Author forgot she said that lol. Aya's a hypocrite now.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Man, I found this chapter awful even though it had good parts. She just flat out raped her. She multiple times ignored her pleads for her to stop and she even said no, multiple times. Clearly she has never heard No, means No. Just switch one of the genders and imagine if Aya was a guy. People would want him crucificdd for holding her down and stripping her and rightfully so.

It just kills the chapter as I liked that we are getting more Aya now. We found out why she puts up walls, another character she has a history with that could get pretty funny in the next chapter and find out why she went to her house. If it didn't have the rape I would have really liked this chapter.

I'll be honest, I have forgotten most of the previous chapters as it has been so long since I read most of them and I am pretty sure most of them were probably pretty forceful but I can have some tolerance to a point if it's manga or if it's for outlandish gags like Gushing Over Magical Girls where there is fantastical stuff like magical girls. This though is just set in a normal world and I am pretty sure their relationship is meant to be nice as they will get together at the end so it really kills the relationship for me if one of the character's is forcing themselves on the other.

Also, on the note of she enjoyed it though. It's still not okay. Having those thoughts is even worse. Enjoying something does not mean you are okay with it. You could pleasure me while having a gun to my head and while yeah I might feelings of joy, that does not mean I am okay with a gun being pointed to my head. Pleasure is not consent.

I really do hope this doesn't continue. I swear if she rapes her again I will really be questioning what the author is thinking. Now though, if this does get brought up later and is actually a plot point and Aya will be called out for her disgusting behavior then I would be more fine with as I have yet to find a manga that does that he rape occurs (normally it is just brushed over as they enjoyed it so it's fine) and we could have a very interesting story. Highly doubt this will happen though.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Aw they are so close now being okay with sleeping in the same bed and hugging each other.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Another chapter out faster than I thought, thanks.

Satou 100% is going to get her to study as it's only an hour and oh boy she isn't listening at all and will need it.

NGL if this new girl is like the last girl and is using the health service as well I am going to find that boring as it is just repeating.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Was not expecting the nun to be a demon and I like we are going deeper into the world and other races now. We stayed entirely in the school for ages which was nice but I do wonder if we will see a ML lead soon just to see Yvonne try and fail at paring Elsa off.

Edit: Omg it just clicked in my mind that Elsa has red eyes and so is probably a half demon since she has red hair. This is one of the few times I am confident in guessing something like this. Would be funny if nah she is just a human with red eyes and so looks like a demon.

last edited at Aug 29, 2022 4:59PM

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

It was nice to have chapter where nobody transforms and we get to a side of them we don't often see. I also did find it really funny that Sulfur was so interested in the two of them after what was said.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I think this is getting better now that it is introducing new characters and exploring the world more.