Polka has some good taste polmao

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Chad moves

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Damn, is it true this is ending with volume 3? We didn't even get proper focus on Takkun and Yozora yet in this iteration of the manga...

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

I can easily see this as one of those situations where they skipped to the domestic part of their relationship so quickly they forgot to confess to each other lol

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Damn, that tail holding though.

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

The opening of the 1st chapter was quite in-your-face with the bullying but I'm interested in the direction the story's taking. I'm not sure if this will actually end up with the age-gap romance but I do like how the dynamic is being played out so far with Kairou-sensei being very aware of Ayu being a kid and Ayu having all this sad and horny teenage energy. With the way the story is being told and Ayu's character design this manga has an interesting mix of retro and modern vibes.

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Well, with Run Away With Me Girl and this, I think I've come to the realization that I love Battan's art but her stories are just steeped in a type of drama that's not my cup of tea. I quite like lesbian drama more along the lines of So Do You Want To Go Out where there are other female love interests and maturity/communication issues creating conflict, and not so much lesbian drama that relies so much on men to provide a background for the drama (cheating, divorce, "settling" on straight relationships, etc) like Battan's works have so far. I could see how this could be entertaining for other readers, though.

last edited at Nov 9, 2021 10:55AM

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Huh, was there a page or two missing between the moment Miwa breaks down and then playing in the water?

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Oh my god, that was so precious.

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

I love how the roommate unconsciously knows Kase's as straight as a rainbow lol

last edited at Oct 3, 2021 10:33AM

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Damn I almost didn't catch those two toothbrushes at the end...I don't mind how it ended but I'm a little bummed we didn't get more payoff for the slowburn - like a good 5 pages of them in the future instead of just one would have been nice.

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Love the art! I actually liked the first half when it was less about idols better than the second half. Either way I always love it when gyaru characters have a hidden brainy/super competent side lol

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

God I love how positive Tamamusi's works tend to be. First it was an amnesia plotline with no angst whatsoever and now a harem where our lead gets her gay wishes fulfilled on the first day of classes lol. I have a feeling even the girls who "lose" in this manga will end up quite happy with other women.

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

I love the expression of the sun lmao

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Hm, I don't know if I would consider this non-moe art. It looks like what would be considered the staple "cute" artstyle a few decades ago. Either way I like what I'm reading so far.

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

What the hell, people. I also thought she was a guy at first, but the proper reaction to discovering she's not isn't "ew what the hell why is she drawn like a MAN" it's "oh, I guess I was wrong."

Some ladies are pretty masculine, by birth or choice, and that's OK.

This, it's honestly just the artstyle. It's simplified and sketchy and since she was drawn in a looser blazer waist up in the first two pages, her sex was ambiguous. I wouldn't go as far as saying this artist has a "this person draws yaoi all the time and can't draw two girls without it looking like two dudes" problem though.

last edited at Aug 13, 2021 1:32PM

cookiecutter
"Yeah." discussion 13 Aug 13:25
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Just a couple gals bein' pals

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Noooooo what an abrupt ending, I wanted an explanation as to why the lady could afford to open and close a bunch of different stores at the same building.

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

It's happening...!! It's a shame arrows are pointing towards a poly ending (no pun intended) - I personally think Sayo and Mei enough chemistry by themselves to carry the manga.

last edited at Aug 6, 2021 1:22AM

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Dunno, I kinda dislike Sayo's attitude towards mc, I mean, I know she's fragile or sick and everything but c'mon, she's not a baby that needs surveillance 24/7! I got the feeling that her attitude would turn from cute to annoying in matter of days.

Yeah there's definitely a line where past it you can become overbearing/controlling, but it honestly feels like Sayo's protectiveness of Mei is more healthy (and warranted, considering how sickly Mei was as a kid). Her love arrow is a good representation of it actually, the whole chapter it's lightly wrapping around Mei but in a protective and playful way, not in a constricting way. Compare it to that one chapter where Sayo's arrows became more violent in response to her jealously when the StudCo Pres confessed to Mei.

last edited at Aug 2, 2021 7:13PM

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Man, am I glad that the jealousy/miscommunication arc is over! I'm looking forward to how Yamada and Kase's relationship grows from here on out.

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Wow, what a great start to a story. It definitely took more of a grotesque/unnerving turn with the finger in a jar but I'm super interested in how the narrative will play out.

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Hmm, signs are pointing towards a Yozora/Takkun arc after Nekozaki stops running away from Mikoto's feelings - I'm looking forward to it!

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Ame unconsciously skipping the courting and confession to go straight into the foreplay lmao

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Well, I've got to give it to tmfly to bringing some variety into yuri.....