Forum › Posts by Meursault

Official%20beidou%20cropped
joined May 22, 2016

A lot of people conflate their subjective feelings on a subject with objective qualities of that subject.

Disliking something doesn't automatically mean that thing is bad.

Myeah, I think that sucks :/
Not being interested in something cus it doesn't match your interests, sure. I just don't find it legit to decide on something's worth based on what genres you were looking for.
Like giving a sea food restaurant a bad review cus you actually wanted steak and walked in the wrong place. This wasn't steak, so it's shit.

joined May 22, 2016

The series is obviously more than just its ships. If that's all you see and let yourself be disappointed by, then isn't it really your expectations that let you down? Let's just ignore absolutely everything else about the series and focus on how it isn't yuri?
If I started watching cgdct expecting mainstream harem but am disappointed that there's no male self insert, then that show must be shite, right?
Like when people tried watched Soul Eater NOT or Hidan no Aria AA, expecting the spin offs to be like the original series and were disappointed by how it heavily focused on girls and their relationships. Ah man, I thought this cgdct spin off was shonen het, it wasn't, what a shitty anime.
It's not yuri, so it's queerbaiting garbage. Hibike Euphonium: Not Yuri. 0/10.

joined May 22, 2016

They are, because it is not yuri.

Yes, right, these two factors entirely correlate, 100% related, of course
Whenever a series gets movies, it's indeed because it's not yuri, no other merits whatsoever

She didn't say they're getting movies because they aren't Yuri, She said their stories are over because it's not Yuri. That should've been pretty easy to understand.

And thankfully that still really makes sense?
It's not yuri, so it's over, sure. There's 2 more movies but nah, their stories are over. I'm glad you find it as easy to understand as I do

last edited at Jun 4, 2017 5:54PM

joined May 22, 2016

They are, because it is not yuri.

Yes, right, these two factors entirely correlate, 100% related, of course
Whenever a series gets movies, it's indeed because it's not yuri, no other merits whatsoever

joined May 22, 2016

That chapter 2 credit page. This is pretty good though. I was a bit confused when she said "the boy or girl part of me", does that mean she's nonbinary? I hope that's the right term.

I thought about it too
I wonder if she's genderfluid/genderqueer

Comments like this just make me shake my head. She's female and is a lesbian. It's all pretty obvious.

What do you mean? What's wrong with possibly being genderqueer? You say that like it's a bad thing

I don't think they're stating its bad at all, your interpretation is surprisingly negative.

Their interpretation of others' speculation wasn't all that cheery either, leaves a rather bad taste in my mouth

joined May 22, 2016

That chapter 2 credit page. This is pretty good though. I was a bit confused when she said "the boy or girl part of me", does that mean she's nonbinary? I hope that's the right term.

I thought about it too

Comments like this just make me shake my head. She's female and is a lesbian. It's all pretty obvious.

What do you mean? What's wrong with possibly being genderqueer? You say that like it's a bad thing

last edited at May 28, 2017 11:50AM

joined May 22, 2016

I thought about it too

joined May 22, 2016

Side note, why is it that feminism's credibility is always so heavily attacked? When someone speaks up, or tries to speak up, so many people rush to silent them, making fun of them, acting as if they're delusional or somehow claiming threatening shit. Why is advocating for equality made to be synonymous to unfounded hysteria?

last edited at May 24, 2017 12:15PM

joined May 22, 2016

I agree with you, but the problem is majority of those feminist don't bother specifying which feminist ideology they talk about. They just say feminism, because there is only 1 definition of feminism. Equality for women.

Only feminism I ever heard about is everything is sexist and misogynist. Men are lower being and should have no rights and all the power in the world should be given to women. Men are scum and assholes by default and they should do everything every women tells them. They should get ride of their toxic masculinity because it is oppressive to women. And women are oppressed in every single aspect of their life by male patriarchy that day and night work to make life of every women on earth into hell and we need to fight it. Not to mention habit of making up facts or twisting stuff in order to fit their agenda, like saying that women get paid less on average than men which is not true. Also of course ignoring or dismissing any problems or inequalities men have because they are privilege sex. So basically equality for women, means to them more rights even if the stuff is already equal between sexes and they have no problem demanding more and making it unequal for men, because they are women so they deserve it and men had their fun already. At least all of it apply to feminist activist in America that focus on America, because those are the ones I only heard about, probably since they seems to be the loudest.

...?
But you do know that feminism is (mainly?) about equality.
What you're supposedly describing isn't feminism. It's like when someone completely twists around a concept. The problem isn't the concept, but the people doing bullshit in its name. I don't get why you'd put down feminism as a whole because of that.
You seem to disagree with what feminism shouldn't be used as an excuse to justify, but have cultivated this weird prejudiced bias against it to entirely invalidate and mock feminism as a whole, as if inequality between genders doesn't exist, it's all a myth people have made up in their heads, and those protesting and standing up for women are a bunch of greedy selfish liars. There's something very... "blind", in denial and insulting about what you claim it to be.

last edited at May 24, 2017 12:06PM

joined May 22, 2016

Who's "they"?

Your salty ass i guess?

And it's funny how you talk about making a "big deal" out of the title when not only are you wrong, you're the one who refuses to let it go.

?
Bruh?
Do you not know the difference between 昨日 and 明日?
Idk what you're going on about man, this isn't even something you can argue, the definition of these words isn't subjective õ_ò
I don't need google translate to tell you this much, but perhaps you do

last edited at May 18, 2017 12:25PM

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

random, baseless and uninformed thing to say.

Because no series ever was made to be remove after it got licensed just from english speaking sites. It didn't happen countless time before hence I have no reason to assume that was also the case here.

They were removed because the scanlators decided it on their own, afaik
The red tag dynasty has to describe those series don't reflect what happened behind those decisions.
But yeah that's basically it. You assumed. Strange how assuming things can lead us to be wrong sometimes.
But no worries, you can't possible be wrong. You've just made an educated guess.
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/130538

last edited at May 10, 2017 8:10PM

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/after_hours

Got licensed so american's denies everyone. Sexy Akiba Detectives should still tl it but I'm not sure.

The legal threat was prior to the licensing as I recall, and covered a number of sites. If someone is translating it, please do not link to them here.

Yeah, no, definitely not cus of Americans. It got licensed (Oct 2016) like a year or so after chapters were demanded to be taken down (late 2015), so that's kind of a random, baseless and uninformed thing to say.

Meursault
Citrus discussion 10 Apr 20:18
joined May 22, 2016

The age started ages ago.

Hehe

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

Happy Sugar Life
Notes from the Garden of Lilies maybe too, one girl is pretty manipulative, or mischievous

last edited at Feb 26, 2017 5:57PM

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

So yeah, having male characters is also good because it shows that these girls don't do it because they have no other choice for partner.
I mean, look at how harems work. There are gay undertones in a lot of them, and as soon as a male character enters, they all act like crazy to get him.

?????

Bruh, that doesn't make any sense

They're talking about the classic excuse of "oh they're only hooking up with each other because there aren't any boys around, they're obviously just compensating for the lack of men by treating each other as a replacement, they're just practicing, soon they'll graduate and seek real relationship with men, no worries, they're not really gay". The presence of guys in yuri would be to remove that "excuse", and say "look, there are men, but they still choose another girl, they still pick each other, their "current" sexuality is neither temporary nor dependent on their environment".

last edited at Feb 26, 2017 11:56AM

Meursault
Username 16 Feb 20:05
joined May 22, 2016

You can log in with your email address too

Meursault
Alien Girl discussion 04 Feb 22:57
joined May 22, 2016

That's amazing.

+1

joined May 22, 2016

Othello maybe? Just a bit of drama

joined May 22, 2016

I really liked the main character, 10/10 reaction and attitude, felt quite refreshing

Meursault
Opapagoto discussion 07 Jan 13:34
joined May 22, 2016

How do you make the black cover bar and the tag bar?

Have a guide to all kinds of forum stuff

joined May 22, 2016

I dunno why it bothered me, maybe because she didn't spent all of her thirties with the person she wanted. Whatever, i still loved the ending. I think this, Steps and Pure Water Adolescence are the best Student x teacher stories in this site.

FTFY

Lol don't be so fucking rude

Meursault
Renai Kowai discussion 04 Jan 18:16
joined May 22, 2016

Dropped, well, this is awkward. Did the translator know what they were getting into before starting to work on this?

joined May 22, 2016

On the paper it's definitely different, but we're in the yuri world so they're right to ask; when, in the yuri you're reading, MC's love interest turns out to be bi and leaves mc for a man it's no different than het ! Brrr, just imagining it makes me shiver. This fucking shitty yuribait is a good example, and not even tagged bisexual.

Sounds like you were upset about this one shot with a disappointing, perhaps even unpleasant ending. I wonder where your 'yuribait' link leads.

last edited at Dec 21, 2016 7:30PM

joined May 22, 2016

Honey Crush
Cotton
Bridesmaid
The wife to be
Shiroi heya no futari
The promised finger to end with a very fluffy one !

Just browse the directory.

http://dynasty-scans.com/tags/aaaaaangst?view=groupings

I believe if they asked here it's precisely because a lot of angst works have bad endings .. hence the tag itself.

If y'all are looking for the same kind of stories as OP, you should all ignore Utoptia's post.
That's my contribution to this thread, a warning

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

Aha, wow. I like that Yuzumori made all these different faces, from being angry to angrily flustered lol,
but the very end: "Are you...?" ._.