Forum › Posts by Lyendith

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

For those interested, Mushoku to JK chaptres are gonna be compiled in a volume!

https://twitter.com/_canno/status/1288429814798405632

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

We got no chapter this month, but we got an official English title and a cover.

And the cover is false advertising if I’ve seen it. XD

cover

Oh, and we got the cover for Mushoku to JK too.

cover

Which I much prefer, I must say.

last edited at Aug 2, 2020 12:25PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Well, her thoughts are bad, but what she says out loud is still reasonable enough. Until the last page. XD

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

As we all know, this ends up being the recipe for eons of Aaaaaangst.

Dunno, it could also be the recipe for some comedy. That was my first reaction when the last page hit, honestly − that came so out of left field I almost spit my drink in laughter (with Akira’s face making it funnier).

Also, someone here said that Akira only liked Rin because of her superficial "mature" appearance, but I don’t quite think that’s the case. Sure, she has that cool beauty vibe, but much like Mayuki, Rin also has that clumsy side to her, and I think that’s part of what attracts Akira (hence the "Thank you Rin, for sucking at sports!") The "gap moe", if you will. X)

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

It’ll certainly be interesting to see how Mayuki handles her own growing feelings for Rin in the meanwhile… I think that bed scene after the lesson is the first one where her thoughts were entirely about Rin, not Akira.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Oof, Akira's ego needs to be cut down to size which is ironic since between the 3 of them she is by far the least interesting or likeable.

Funny, before this chap I actually found her the most likeable of the three. Now she’s become less likeable, but also a lot more interesting.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

edit: I've seen the expression "(going) on the offensive" in different stories here. What's the Japanese phrase it translates? 押せ押せ? 攻撃? 攻勢?

The last one! "Kakugo no kousei" (覚悟の攻勢)

And yeah, when you think about it, all three of them are being immature in their own ways − Rin by giving in to her attraction without considering the consequences, Mayuki by causing a messy situation because of her selfish motivation, and Akira through her poisonous superiority complex and entitlement. It’s interesting.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I like how we see Akira’s "dark side" in this chap in a way that’s… understandable. She has integrated that role of "cool girl that everyone loves", so it doesn’t make sense to her that Rin would find one of her fans more attractive than herself. As if one piece of the puzzle was suddenly out of place.

Also I love that look of "ugh, I don’t wanna do this shit" she gives at the end. XD

And interesting little detail, their argument takes place under the "tree of love" mentioned earlier…

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Yup, she's definitely polished her craft in that department.

Speaking of the art, Canno did a livestreaming on Youtube recently! We don't see her, though. =(
Seems like the official abreviation for the series is "YasaKan", as I expected.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…Well, in my country the only schools with entrance exams are the elite schools for rich kids, and they're usually high schools or higher. It can also happen for some of the high-level university courses (like my translation masters). Outside of that kids go to whichever school is the closest to where they live −although derogations are possible− and they can enter any university they want as long as they've successfully graduated high school. So yeah, it's a bit different from Japan.

last edited at Jun 24, 2020 7:57PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Then again, this is Japan, where they have entrance exams for freaking middle school. I wouldn't be surprised about anything.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

That's not what I took away from it, I think what's more likely is that she appreciates how Mayuki is willing to keep Akira in her life even if Akira chooses someone else because she wants her to be happy.

Hm… I gues that's a valid take if we consider that Rin is tired of jealousy and selfishness ruining her relationships.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I also think Rin is getting slightly ahead of herself here… Mayuki only said "I don't mind if Akira acknowledges the existence of people other than me", but Rin's conclusion is "Oh yeah, she's totally poly!"

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Touko: I French-kissed my kouhai when we weren't even dating yet!
Rin: Hold my saliva.

…Seriously though, I think Canno might have learned a thing or two from her pal Kawauchi there. That kiss was… whew.

Akira learned the truth a bit sooner than I expected indeed. Unless she somehow comes to the wrong conclusion but that would be pushing it. ò.Ô

And I must say I chuckled when Mayuki said "Why would she pay attention to me when there are girls like you around?" If only she knew. XD

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…Welp, Nega's gonna Nega I guess. XD This is (relatively) more uplifting than most of her stories though. But still with that bittersweet touch.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^^ I can buy that Akira hasn't put 2 and 2 together yet − it's not like Mayuki is the only girl in Japan who has a private teacher, and Rin pretended she was talking about a different girl this time around; what's more uncanny is that Rin has managed to speak about her pupil several times without ever saying her name.

Speaking of which, notice how the dress Mayuki wears on her "date" is the one Rin wears in Akira's fantasy. I guess only Rin could activate that dress' active skill effectively. :þ

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I'm not sure "sexy" is what it's supposed to be. >.>

@Shawn − No info on how long the series will be at the moment. 5 volumes seems like a fair bet, but who knows.

last edited at May 9, 2020 4:23PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I can't tell if Muzuguchi is playing fair or dirty here…

It sure would be nice if Himari flat-out told Yori "nah, I don't love you that way" after the concert and Mizuguchi was there at the rebound. =þ

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015
Lyendith
UNOs 2 discussion 27 Apr 18:28
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Maybe Nega wants to counterbalance the sweet of her two pals with some sour. If she were actually lesbian in real life that would put her stories in a different perspective, but that's none of our business.

Otherwise, am I the only one who'd like Kawauchi's fake kidnapping story in "Top Secret" to be an actual series? There's definitely potential there. =O

Lyendith
UNOs 2 discussion 24 Apr 20:24
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Sure sure UNOs 2 is great but where's UNOs 1?

I'd like to know myself…

Lyendith
UNOs 2 discussion 24 Apr 18:46
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Like where?

Lyendith
UNOs 2 discussion 24 Apr 16:26
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Gacha games, ruining relationships since 2010.

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Oooooh, I didn't know this one. Definitely bittersweet.

But gosh, why are so many of Nega's stories about girls getting dumped or having unrequited loves?

Lyendith
Gemini discussion 24 Apr 14:35
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Only in Japan would you find an official twincest anthology…