Forum › Posts by MacySan

MacySan
C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Such a classic move, a flashback chapter after a big cliffhanger.
Well, I can't say I didn't like it at all, because it gives us a new perspective about how Kurokawa feels and thinks. I just think this chapter was too short and I expected to see that scene where she bumped into Fujishiro and her boyfriend, and shows us how she felt about that encounter.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

The world building is a little weird, because when Rei got in, there wasn't magic and there weren't any signs of these element monsters being around. Adding them 8 chapters later feels like the author wasn't sure about how they wanted the world to be from the start. Anyway, the magic part is not bad though.

I don't think chapter 2 counts as adding magic 8 chapters later

What I meant was, the magic felt out of place because they only started developing it pretty later. That part you posted was like "yeah there's this challenge you can play in the game" and that's it. You don't see the magic around the school much or at all before the whole Water slime monster.

joined Dec 9, 2014

The main idea of this story is interesting, but it's not something super original either, since isekai is not an uncommon theme in manga. The pacing, if you read all the chapters together is good.
The world building is a little weird, because when Rei got in, there wasn't magic and there weren't any signs of these element monsters being around. Adding them 8 chapters later feels like the author wasn't sure about how they wanted the world to be from the start. Anyway, the magic part is not bad though.
The overall plot is interesting, but the weak spots are the main character and her (lack of) chemistry with Claire.
I liked that chapter where they were talking about mc's sexuality, because we got a glimpse of how she actually was in real life. This gave her more depth, because other than that, I find her character cartoonish. She's just an idiot and it doesn't make any sense why she likes Claire that much. I mean, it was just a character from a game...I know this is supposed to be for comedic reasons and the only way to make Claire warm up around Rei, but Rei enjoying getting bullied by her is a bit cringey and makes her look like an idiot.
And now we are at the point of getting a development between Claire and Sein lol. I was like, yeah start dating, I don't care. Because the chemistry between Claire and Rei is almost zero. I know it makes sense regarding Claire's character and how she is "destined" to dislike Rei, but so far I don't care much about shipping them. Also I can't say I like Claire much either, because she is behaving like that typical kinda idiot villain too. Other than showing signs that she doesn't want to really bully the mc, she gives off that typical spoiled brat vibe. But I'm sure there will be a development regarding the characters, so I will wait to see my overall opinions until later.

I'm really curious to see if we will get an explanation about why Rei got Isekai'd, if she will reveal it to Claire once they get closer, if she will go back to her world, or even if Claire would go back with her.
These are the main attractions to the story for me right now, and I want to see them getting addressed until the end. I think it will be shallow and a waste of potential otherwise, to just have Rei stay in that world forever and pretend the getting transferred into a game was normal.

MacySan
joined Dec 9, 2014

Generally we would very strongly encourage people not to go anime-only on this, because the anime does not do a very good job of adapting this series.

I will read the manga too at some point, probably when I'm out of anime this season. But generally I like anime more even if they don't adapt mangas well, because there's motion and sound and it makes the scenes more intense and realistic. For example, the sound effects add a whole another perspective to the scary factor. Also the colors.
If I read the manga I then lose the will to watch the anime, and I feel like I'm missing out from the experience. But also I can't wait every week for an episode, so oftentimes I switch to manga which ends up being the same regarding the waiting lol

MacySan
joined Dec 9, 2014

I'm currently anime-only following this, but from the first few pages I've seen in the manga, it seems they've toned down the yuri in the anime.
The story is pretty interesting and bizarre and it's inspired by a book called "Roadside Picnic" written in 1971. It's actually scary at some parts, which I didn't expect to feel like since I've never been scared in anime (I've been disgusted, but that's different). I think the sound effects in the "scary scenes" is one of the reasons.
On the other hand, there seems to be a lack of a main plot or goal, and I don't think the yuri is strong enough to be the main reason someone will follow this if they are not interested in its world and story.
Despite that, there are so many theories you can make about who Satsuki is or what the Otherside is, which is why I'm watching it.

MacySan
joined Dec 9, 2014

This is awful...that we have to wait a whole month now for an update

joined Dec 9, 2014

Egh, I know all the characters here are supposed to be sick one way or another, but Haruki doing the deed while Aya quickly crawled like a spider to her room to catch her in action is just ridiculous and hilarious. It removed that knot in the stomach feeling I usually have when reading this story.
The characters have sunk so low, that the story feels like the Scary Movie version of a horror movie.

last edited at Feb 22, 2021 11:36AM

joined Dec 9, 2014

I've read the first chapters all together again, and I liked the story better. All characters are likable and the story flows naturally without any forced plots or drama.
Too bad this got licensed, but I'll still keep my eyes on this regardless

MacySan
joined Dec 9, 2014

AHH FUCK...

Such a roller coaster chapter, but in the end I didn't like how the confession was made because Kurokawa didn't seem to like it and looked terrified. Plus the Fujishiro's ex friends behind them....
Agh. I don't like the forcefully being outed tropes. Also there's probably drama coming to their relationship because they don't seem ready. Especially Kurokawa.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Honey-san is pretty hot, ngl. Hayate sleeping right next to her naked, holding hands etc and only now realizing her feelings are "weird". Is this level of density even realistic?

Also it's funny how Hayate gets all flustered at hearing "their daughter". Pretty sure having a daughter with Honey is what first crossed her mind.
I'd like to see chapters of just Hayate and Honey doing stuff together like the first pages here and not always having a battle. The battles and that storyline are weak.

last edited at Nov 16, 2020 8:56PM

MacySan
joined Dec 9, 2014

Lol is this chapter two different years? The first part is Uta in college and then it seems like another time skip after she graduates and works.
In the first part it seems like she has moved on, but then goes back to living with Kaoru.

I guess all three of them still live as a family in the end again, with Reiichi living next to them.
Is Uta dating Kaoru now? Personally to me it feels like they're still in a "family relationship" and not romantic, and Uta is content with that. I think the author realized it would be hard to have them date after all the building around Kaoru not being interested in Uta this way. So an open ending was the closest to a "happy ending". This was a bit anti climactic, although I think we needed more chapters to make a proper Uta moving on ending too. Therefore the only ending the author could have pulled given the situation.

The story developed some deep themes about unrequited love, but in the last two chapters it was rushed and we couldn't even have a satisfying ending regarding the theme of moving on to begin with. The author didn't have the guts to go full everyone has moved on but this is just life ending.

MacySan
joined Dec 9, 2014

it's hurtfully obvious that Kurokawa knows she's in love with Fujishiro

Yeah, that's a very interesting part of their development that I want to see more. Like get ire scenes with Kurokawa acting conscious about her liking for Fujishiro, and Fujishiro getting angsty.

Also wish this manga updated more often

last edited at Oct 14, 2020 12:29PM

MacySan
Mage and Demon Queen 23 Sep 11:51
joined Dec 9, 2014

Latest chapter's plot twist was something no one expected. I give credits to the author for that, but tbh I'm not too happy about it

MacySan
Citrus + discussion 21 Sep 13:49
joined Dec 9, 2014

I will prefer if Harumi hits her sister instead who is better and hotter than Matsuri but sure is complicated that why she got for the blondie instead

I kinda cringe with incest but I feel like she even has a better chemistry with her sister than Matsuri.
Harumin's words about Matsuri didn't make any sense, and it feels like Saburuta was trying to make it seem like something deep, but it turned out to have no consistency and be more random.
It just seems like author wants to find an excuse to extend the story as much as possible, because she never had any development between them to begin with. Saburuta isn't very strong with chemistry developing, like we can see with Mei and Yuzu, but Harumin and Matsuri don't just have zero chemistry, but negative. At least in my eyes.

MacySan
Citrus + discussion 21 Sep 10:25
joined Dec 9, 2014

This is weird. I clicked on that link ^ and it took me to the new chapter that was uploaded in September 21st, but when I click on the Citrus + title it doesn't show it to me. The last chapter showing is from August.
Anyone else has that problem?

last edited at Sep 21, 2020 10:26AM

MacySan
Citrus + discussion 21 Sep 08:55
joined Dec 9, 2014

Where do you guys read these new chapters from?

MacySan
joined Dec 9, 2014

Can't we do without it tho ? We already had the Izumi arc for that and she only manage to pull off the "Best friends" cards.

It takes time to develop a character. You can't have everything very fast. I personally like slow burns, so little steps like that and the angst that come with it are exactly the reason why I read these stories.
Now there are also stories like Hana Ni Arashi where the mains start to date very fast, and that's another category. But the whole point of drama like this is because some readers actually like it this way.

MacySan
joined Dec 9, 2014

This manga is getting better and better. Yeah, this is guy arc is cliche, but it helps us see the first step of Fujishiro realizing her feelings for Kurokawa.
I also feel sorry for her because she seemed very off tbh. Wonder if a crazy inside her awakens now, just like it did with Izumi and Kurokawa.

I just hate how we have to wait for a month again. I can't exactly pinpoint the reason why, but this manga has the ability to pass through real emotions to the reader. It's probably one of the situations where the author is actually feeling while writing it.

last edited at Sep 19, 2020 7:52PM

MacySan
joined Dec 9, 2014

When I think of yuri fans, old men with mustaches is the first on the list. Lmao, that was actually creative and funny. Should have been a series.

last edited at Sep 19, 2020 9:01AM

MacySan
Citrus + discussion 17 Sep 17:07
joined Dec 9, 2014

Well, these covers are the reason why I read Citrus. It's striking how better a story can automatically become when the art is great.
The past few years yuri stories lack both plot and art. I could read an average at best story if the art this awesome.

Wowa. Hopefully not with Matsuri! :)

Hehehe

Mei as a devil, Yuzu as an Angel and Harumin as Queen. What is Sabu trying to say?

She is aware.

last edited at Sep 17, 2020 5:09PM

MacySan
joined Dec 9, 2014

But her being a tree is such a big reason why Chishiro is attracted to her, though. And it's only really a problem for Kisaki because people are jerks.

I don't think she is attracted to her because she's a tree hybrid. I think she embraces that side of her because Kisaki saved her because of her tree "powers".
But in the last panel where she has normal hands, Chishiro seems infatuated by looking at her, which means she would be attracted to her without the tree hands too. (whether that scene was Kisaki actually getting human hands, or simply Chishiro imagining her that way)

MacySan
joined Dec 9, 2014

I kinda want her to get human hands because of the power of yuri. Maybe the last panel of chapter 4 was that?
Something like the plot of the beast who needs someone to love him truly and he turns human again.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Yeah...there's definitely something supernatural going on here.
My guesses a) Shinonome is literally a god and she doesn't even know it. The cafe girl is someone from the dark side and that's why she knows her true identity.
b) Shinonome is manipulating all the readers through her manga in order for them to go out and blow up things exactly like how it happened in the manga.

It's just bizarre because we haven't been introduced to the genre from the beginning, which is what happens at least 99% of the time. This story could work as a drama/stalker type only, without feeling like something's missing.

last edited at Sep 4, 2020 9:23PM

joined Dec 9, 2014

Personally I've literally never seen anyone using the word top/bottom in a yuri work in the rigid way. Most people know the nature of the yuri dynamic is more versatile and use them accordingly, or in a humorous way like "wow surprised Ookuma toped Kanda! She was such a bottom"
The only times where it becomes more absolute is in yaoi, where the nature of the act does indeed require more rigid roles to begin with.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Labels are not evil. Top and bottom is a very common descriptive word for gay couples and most have no problem using them. Unless someone specifically asks you to, then why make an issue about it? Especially with fictional characters like here.

In yuri, top/bottom can be more blurred, so their use is more general. Like when someone gets called a top, that's used to describe their typical or most common behavior, it doesn't mean they have to be a top literally all the time.