Forum › Posts by Kazu-kun

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Um, hang on a moment. Evie's currently rescuing Elsa from imminent death from exposure. Which, the previous version wouldn't have done, would she? Would she have even been on the scene? So, why was Elsa alive in the original timeline?

I know, I know, don't sweat the small time paradoxes.

It has been stated they're in a stable time loop. Meaning Evie had already done this. She does it every time. That's why Elsa considered Evie her destined soulmate from the start. Evie just didn't remember because from her point of view, it still hadn't happened.

last edited at May 1, 2023 4:06PM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

60 chapters in and there isn't even a single pairing that works. What a waste of time.

last edited at Apr 30, 2023 2:59AM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

There are three chapters in this series and only the first and the third (last) one are translated. The second one is not.

To make it more clear:

1) 突然何となく隣の席の同僚とセックスしたくなりました (translated)

2) 突然何となく隣の席の同僚とイチャつきたくなりました (not translated)

3) 突然何となく隣の席の同僚とキスしたくなりました (translated)

Here's an amazon link to the middle chapter is anyone is interested in translating it:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0BL3V8B71

last edited at Apr 29, 2023 3:35PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I actually preferred it when it was just a one-gag manga. Now that the author is trying to develop the relationship a bit I can't help to notice they have very little chemistry and I don't dig the pairing.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

So Linda is an elf. I wasn't expecting that. I didn't even think there were elves in this game.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Diana seems pretty jealous there at the end, but I don't think Diana is as far behind Lapis in Natori's heart as she thinks. For starters, Lapis' words about "valuing oneself" echoed Diana's words from chapter 6, and Natori did notice the similarity. Of course, Diana has no way of knowing that. lol

In any case, it's an interesting love triangle. The point of contention is still the fact that Natori has low self-esteem. Both Diana and Lapis try to encourage her and boost her self-esteem but ultimately Natori has to find her own worth on her own.

On the other hand, I feel that Lapis trying to get Natori to serve the prince and Diana is a not too subtle attempt to put some distance between herself and Natori. I think Lapis wants to stay committed to her plan against the commoners and keeping Natori around is making it hard to do so.

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 2:25PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I don't see it that way. Natori's feelings for Lapis come from her necessity for external approval. There's a reason every time Natori goes doki-doki for Lapis is when the latter acknowledges her efforts. But that need for approval is unhealthy. What Natori actually needs is to get a boost on self-esteem, and she can't get that from Lapis. It has to come from withing. Only then she will be ready to have a real relationship (be it with Lapis or Diana).

Basically what I'm trying to say is that despite appearances, I think neither Lapis nor Diana has broken Natori's shell just yet. Which means both of them have equal chances right now.

This got a bit long. Sorry.

Too long, to be honest. It's hard to read and even harder to pick up your points to discuss. I would appreciate it if you could summarize the main points so we can have a proper discussion.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Yes, Natori, the plot proceeds as intended... now that the Heroine has unlocked the Villainess' Familiar route. :D

I wonder if the intended result of this chapter was for the entire readerbase to fall in love with Diana.

It definitely was. Chapter 6 is the opening of volume 2, and if you recall, Diana has been a rather flat and bland character in volume 1 (compared to Lapis), who suddenly started acting inconsistently and violently in chapter 5. I am pretty sure that the author and their editor received feedback from the first volume about it and went back to the drawing board on how they present Diana, effectively removing Lapis for an entire chapter to give Diana enough time to shine and to establish her as a credible rival to Lapis for Natori's heart. And I say they've achieved their goal admirably.

If they want Diana to truly feel like a rival they need to have Natori acknowledge and feel similarly for Diana as she does for Lapis. Right now Diana follows along and crushes on Natori but Natori hasn't really reciprocated. The fact that Diana is so upfront with her crush is becoming a hindrance to her being a true rival because, even with that constant affection from Diana, Natori still treats Lapis as a completely different entity compared to Diana. Natori's meaningfully touching moments have all come with Lapis and it seems Lapis is able to touch her heart with comparatively fewer words than Diana, implying that Lapis has a connection and understanding of what Natori wants to hear more than Diana (at this point). This works both ways, since Lapis also seems to have been greatly touched by Natori, even within their short time together.

If Lapis weren't busy with her schemes and forced to be away, would Diana even have a chance? It doesn't seem so. And Lapis won't be away forever. As of now, Diana has more been positioned as a 3rd wheel who desperately wants what Lapis seems to have--even with Lapis's limited presence--while maybe not fully understanding what makes Lapis stand out and affect Natori so much in the first place.

I don't see it that way. Natori's feelings for Lapis come from her necessity for external approval. There's a reason every time Natori goes doki-doki for Lapis is when the latter acknowledges her efforts. But that need for approval is unhealthy. What Natori actually needs is to get a boost on self-esteem, and she can't get that from Lapis. It has to come from withing. Only then she will be ready to have a real relationship (be it with Lapis or Diana).

Basically what I'm trying to say is that despite appearances, I think neither Lapis nor Diana has broken Natori's shell just yet. Which means both of them have equal chances right now.

last edited at Apr 14, 2023 12:34PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Diana is so cute, and her love for Natori is pretty solid.

EDIT: is it me or Diana unlocked the kabedon event before Lapis? lol

last edited at Apr 13, 2023 9:36PM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

The one who decides who gets the sword is the god, Sylph. So far the sword had always been inherited by people from the royal family, but this time the god picked a nun instead of the queen. I hope we get a proper answer as to why. Did Natalia lack some qualification? I want to know.

I don't think that's it. The exact phrasing Sara used in chapter 1 was "The real sword is here rooted in me" and not something like "I had been granted the sword" or similar. If I had to guess it's a ploy by Slyph to give Natalia someone she can rely on and keep by her side.

This is only a guess of course, but if it's correct it's definitely working.

It's not correct. The sword is rooted in its host. Natalia's brother, the previous king, called himself the host in chapter 1. But after his death, the nun became the new host. Natalia wasn't chosen as the host for whatever reason.

But that doesn’t mean Natalia ain’t queen because only the next in line can use the sword, just because the sword is hosted in Sara doesn’t mean Natalia is lacking in being queen or Sara is supposed to use the sword insted of Natalia

Natalia is the queen. No one is putting that in doubt. But the sword is not just a symbol, it's very much a weapon the king uses to protect the kingdom from monsters and other dangers. After all, there's a reason her father and brother are dead, right? And we already saw hints of this in the monster that attacked the towns in chapter 2 or 3. What if more powerful monsters attack though? Natalia's power can only do so much without the sword.

That's why it's very strange that the god didn't let Natalia become the host of the sword like her brother and her father before herself. They had the means to protect the kingdom (and still died, mind you) while she does not.

Meanwhile, Sara, someone who doesn't even have the magical power to beat a minor monster, became the host the sword instead of Natalia. It's very strange.

One thing for sure, I don't think Sara can let Natalia use the sword. The sword only responds to its host. That's what Natalia's brother told her in chapter 1. And now the host is Sara.

last edited at Mar 27, 2023 1:29PM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

The one who decides who gets the sword is the god, Sylph. So far the sword had always been inherited by people from the royal family, but this time the god picked a nun instead of the queen. I hope we get a proper answer as to why. Did Natalia lack some qualification? I want to know.

I don't think that's it. The exact phrasing Sara used in chapter 1 was "The real sword is here rooted in me" and not something like "I had been granted the sword" or similar. If I had to guess it's a ploy by Slyph to give Natalia someone she can rely on and keep by her side.

This is only a guess of course, but if it's correct it's definitely working.

It's not correct. The sword is rooted in its host. Natalia's brother, the previous king, called himself the host in chapter 1. But after his death, the nun became the new host. Natalia wasn't chosen as the host for whatever reason.

last edited at Mar 26, 2023 11:54PM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I thought it made sense not to bring up that the sword was a fake because Princess Natalia would be unlikely believe it. Sister Sara has no proof as far as we know, so I think she might also be trying to earn the trust of Natalia so that she will be more likely to consider trying to pull the sword out of Sara.

I don't think that's how things work. I think they said the sword can only be used by the host who inherited it (Sara in this case) so I don't think Natalia can use it.

The one who decides who is the host for the sword is the god, Sylph. So far the sword had always been inherited by people from the royal family, but this time the god picked a nun instead of the queen. I hope we get a proper answer as to why. Did Natalia lack some qualification? I want to know.

last edited at Mar 26, 2023 11:40PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I'm sure this will be the dumbest question's to ask. Out of all the girl's at there school that fuuko could have dated. Why did she choose yuni? Is it because she love's yuni or is it for some other reason?

Wasn't it simply because she knew that Yuni was gay? Fuuko had already experienced an unrequited love for a straight girl. I'm sure she didn't want to go through that shit again so when she found out Yuni was gay (through her social media) it was like a gift from heaven, I would assume.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Fuko's personal dilemma is all about not being "number one" in the eyes of the girl she loved.

Now she tells Yuni she's fine with being her "second girlfriend / side chick" but that's not true. She's not fine with it at all. She wants to be Yuni's "number one." And we see she can get really jealous when Yuni is thinking about Nanase or talking about her. So I don't think polyamory is an option here.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Both perspectives are factually accurate

Or maybe not. People think there's gonna be some romance between Fuyuki and Eri because that's usually what you get from this sort of setup. But I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Fuyuki ends up with her senpai at the end and Eri ends up all alone.

I actually like this outcome. Not necessary Eri ends up all alone, but for once I want the protagonist to be able to move on and find her own happiness. Yes, losing your first love for a long time is really hurt, but there are many fishes in the ocean and you can find someone that will love you as much as you love them, and drama-free lol.

But given the brief timeskip in the first chapter, it probably won't happen. Or maybe it can, and that's actually the wedding between Fuyuki and someone else (could be the senpai), while Eri and Kyou did indeed break up, and just attend it separately.

The woman with the wedding dress in the first page of chapter 1 looks like Eri to me, not Fuyuki. If I had to guess, I'd say Eri is marrying an unknown person that is neither Kyo nor Fuyuki.

last edited at Mar 22, 2023 1:56PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Okay lemme guess, Fuyuki tries to fuck around with her mysterious senpai to get over Eri, Eri gets jealous and tries to get Fuyuki back, Kyou is the mystery in this scenario

This would be the expected outcome if the author wasn't Murasakino. If there's one thing Murasakino is not afraid of is going against expectations.

Personally, I think Fuyuki will indeed try something with her senpai, but I don't think Eri's reaction would be what people expect. I don't think Eri is in love with Fuyuki. I think she's deeply possessive of Fuyuki, maybe to an obsessive degree, but I don't think her feelings are romantic.

All in all, I'm expecting Eri to do something drastic to keep Fuyuki around, but that's probably gonna bite her in the ass. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Fuyuki ends up with her senpai at the end and Eri ends up all alone.

last edited at Mar 21, 2023 8:03PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I don't understand the complains. A flashback arc using time travel as plot device is just fine. It's not like anything will change between Evy and Elsa. This arc's actual purpose is to learn about Evy and Elsa's past. Remember that it was foreshadowed since way back that they had met as kids and Evy just couldn't remember? Now we're getting to see that.

I see no problems with this.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Of course it matters. If Shiho was planned from the start, then all the more reason you should make an effort to see what the author is trying to tell with her, instead of acting like she sabotaged your fluffy romance. Pretending to know what is better for a story than its own author (and calling it "objectivity") is just too pretentious.

If Shiho's arc was planned from the start and still comes off as tacked on, I'd say it's a failure from the author all the same.

On top of that, Shiho's character just doesn't make any sense. Shiho is a deeply selfish and self-centered character; there's nothing wrong with that. What's strange is how the story doesn't acknowledge this. We are shown how she hurts the people around her and make herself miserable all on her own too, yet the story bends all over itself to blame anyone but herself for this. How does that make any sense? And let me be clear I'm not talking about lack of accountability. Accountability is not necessary to make a good story. But there's lack of accountability and there's outright contradicting what you show your readers.

This is not about preference or taste. It's not something subjective. When something doesn't make sense, it doesn't make sense. You can like it all the same, and that's fine, but it doesn't change the fact it doesn't make sense.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Where did the actual child Evie go then?

Probably went to the same place the adult Evie went to when the player took over her body at the beginning of the story. Let's not forget "Evie" wasn't truly Evie but an isekai'd otaku woman from Earth.

last edited at Feb 27, 2023 9:18AM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I don't think Eri was looking for a different answer. Eri was just looking for reassurance that Fuyuki would not leave her even if she started dating. And that's exactly the reason Eri gave Kyo for keeping their relationship a secret so this reasoning checks out at least.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Not to be a contrarian but I think Eri genuinely likes the guy. If she was using him just to test Fuyuki, keeping the relationship a secret from Fuyuki wouldn't make any sense.

At the same time, the fact Eri thinks Fuyuki would try to distance herself from them if she knew they're dating is kinda suspicious. It makes me think Eri actually knows of Fuyuki's feelings for her. But she wants to have her pie and eat it too. She wants to date the guy but keep Fuyuki at her side as well. In simple terms, I think she's really selfish. But like I said before, I don't have a lot of evidence for this yet. It's just the impression I got.

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

But I'm confident the story will play out the same.

I sure hope it won't though. Things got way too bleak towards the end for my taste so I hope the serialization changes things a bit.

last edited at Feb 13, 2023 5:06PM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I took a look at the web comic and this gets pretty dark. I hope the serialization doesn't follow the web comic that closely. I'd prefer a little less suffering.

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

The truth of the matter is that someone who can't bear seeing their loved one with another person can't possibly get involved in a polyamory relationship. Contrary to what lesser manga want you to believe, those kind of feelings don't change. You can't just switch off your jealousy. Human beings don't work like that. This is why a polyamory relationship was never in the cards for Kashiwai and I'm glad Akiyama respected that.

Anyway, this was a great ending. It was the only possible ending. Anything else would have felt like a cop out.

last edited at Dec 27, 2022 4:08PM