Forum › Posts by Green Melon

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

^That's true. If it was written with a male protagonist instead of a female one it'd easily turn into another one of those romcom anime with cookie-cutter type execution despite having a unique plot :/ but let's believe in Tamamusi. Hopefully she's meta enough about how the tropes work and pull an Ejima Eri on them. I mean look at Mononoke Sharing, it got shat on quite a tad in the beginning but it turned out alright in the end

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Oh man this was confusing at first but once I got the general idea; building your harem in the form of a care collecting game? Sign me the fck up Tamamusi! The execution might've been conveyed better within, say an anime format. With all the jingles and sound effects to mimic a real mobage. I hope N girls such as Moto-chan are able to go through upgrades and reach R level, she really does have potential!

Edit: *card not care

last edited at Jul 30, 2017 1:55AM

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Ahh i like seeing Miko as the Dad who dotes on her daughtee but likes to come up with nonsensical ideas to instill good values. Then there's soccer Mom Byakuren

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

I laughed a whole lot, teared up a little, and then laughed again. Nevermind Aya's tv show, Karaagetarou-sensei's works are worse for the heart than that

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

WHAT IN SNOW HALATION WAS THAT. THAT KYOOTNESS, THE DIABETUS, GODOKA HAS BLESSED US ALL

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

This has been the umpteenth time i commented on this manga to sing praises for it. I can't believe it transformed from being sort of a gag-like joke with Mimika trying to control her urges and Yuzumori-san with her distant kuudere persona, to an adolescent who takes responsibility for her actions and thinks sensibly and a child who is trying to expand her views on the world and its people. It managed to evade every trope so far, I hope the mangaka manages to execute the develolment of this new threat flawlessly as well.

Green Melon
Kaenbyou discussion 26 Jun 21:40
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

My, this was actually a pretty solid read from start to finish. Poor Kokoro, i think she learned the harshest lesson out of all. Suggesting the Drama and Kokoro x Rin tag, anyone?

EDIT: also now that i think about it, isn't Rin relatively strong as a youkai compared to humans?

last edited at Jun 26, 2017 9:42PM

Green Melon
Nutmeg discussion 09 Jun 04:10
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Ahh I so feel Natsume-san's reasoning about being alone. Its one thing to like having some alone time, but having alone time in class...that uncomfortable feeling of possible isolation and ostracism just can't be shaken off! People are probably gonna look at you funny too when you're daydreaming rather than talking like a normie to a bunch of friends in class.

Green Melon
Image Comments 31 May 00:05
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014
Pium5yq

Miserable because she has no where to run and is fully exposed to Cocona in full tsundere glory?

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Unpopular opinion, but I actually
Really really loved it. Yes, I found the ending dissapointing, yes I felt like the resolution for Tsukasa should have been stronger and yes I'm well aware of all the rushed material and flaws. But in the end, it's the kind of love that transcends the flaws of the manga itself well because, it's simply very unique. Towards the end the quality dropped but I can't completely blame the artist since the series got canceled. Putting that aside, we had an extremely well-written manga about unrequited love, finding one's own identitiy, overcoming insecurities and the troubles of teenage friendships- all told very befittingly from the perspective of realistic middle schoolers. An added bonus are the male characters who aren't actual dicks and are not used as the "homophobic straight male" trope or as the antagonists, but as actual proper characters who made the story flourish. I for one, was more bothered by how the author decided to retcon Asakura's growing feelings towards Subaru to play it out as a gag where Subaru is now "crossdresser with a sister complex". It's a rare thing for me to care about bl more than gl but Kobayashi-sensei managed to pull it off. Hats off to you, my time reading this was well spent.

Green Melon
Ochikano discussion 15 May 04:39
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Tbh This was Maitake2's weakest Doujin. It's not bad, but it just lack's the substance and magic that usually come's with the other Doujin's Maitake2 has made.

This time it seems Maitake lacks the many overarching themes filled with unique punchlines and dialogues from different povs, instead opting to try out something new out of his usual field of expertise and recycling the "Pathethic Devil" schtick. Either that or you've been so enamoured with the onslaught of Maitake that its magic has already lost it touch

Green Melon
Image Comments 14 May 00:53
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014
C6emegbu4aasomc

?!?!?! Actual osomatsu-san genderbent yuri¿¿¿¿ What has the world gloriously come to

Green Melon
Image Comments 14 May 00:52
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014
72w01qt

@mayb please do, the amount of actual yuri in it will not disappoint!

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Those character dynamics and that ending are so good, many thanks to the scanslators for finishing it! The third couple tho, felt a little bit like it had no resolution. Tall-and-awkward learned to be a little more brave but short-and-menacing was never shown to have regretted her actions that made tall-and-awkward well...akward. I guess that magic kiss managed to avert character-developing couple fights. My fav panel tho had to be "The G-string people heh heh heh"

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Yes!!! More wholesome flirty yuri! I have this dislike for tropes where its "we're a new awkward couple and we gotta have sex even tho neither party is entirely ready because of plot" when it's so much better when its "let's take it one step at a time until both of us feel up to it after we're fully acquainttaned with each other's anatomies"
Throw in some fluffy and subtext-ty l00ds and boom a masterpiece!

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Such a shame about mitsuboshi-kun. I liked his character a lot especially how he tried to save himself from the trauma he suffered, that was pretty touching.......until the author turned him into a fking pervert paedophile

Green Melon
Image Comments 03 May 05:56
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014
Thankyou

@Super High School Level Artist i don't think its ever stated anywhere that we couldn't debate but if i recall one convo had the moderators settle it down since it was clogging up something. (I could be wrong tho, sry for the bad memory)

@Cannibal would love to stay and chat further but it seems this is going around in circles (i hope that pun got through)

Green Melon
Image Comments 03 May 01:55
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014
Thankyou

I know this is pretty late but @cannibal in the new world didn't Homura rewrite the world to erase the existance of magical girls and need for entropy to somehow be taken care of by the Incubators?
(Also i have the feeling Nezchan will come soon telling us to transfer this debate to a forum thread. Sorry about this mess Nezchan...)

Green Melon
Image Comments 02 May 22:48
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014
Thankyou

^not exactly. If Homura did ONE thing wrong as AkuHomu it was by selfishly disrespecting Madoka's wish. Don't get me wrong i love Homura as a whole but i also accept the "human" aspects of her. In the end she felt she knew better what Madoka really "needs" and chose to force her ideals of Madoka's "perfect world" on her. In a sense its like someone gave you a hugeass papercut with a stack of money but proceeds to give you the money anyway. You'd still be happily rich afterwards but i'd be angry as heck since it'll probably hurt a shitton.

Modoka killing Homura isn't entirely ruled out given that Akiyuki Shinbo's managed Urobochi to become Urobutcher and HomuHomu was last seen being way in too deep beyond salvation

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

I refuse to ship yayacoco when papikacoco is cannon

Your lips say no but your posting here says yes.

@polycell your comment is pure win

Green Melon
Image Comments 27 Apr 23:18
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014
Cmonandslamandwelcometojapan

@SF You can find alot of info about the Director's intentions to incorporate yuri into the show based on his interview. (You can just google Oshiyama Kiyotaka's infamous interview).

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Sees date published -2014. (=_=)/ please, please make more Maitake-sensei.
Another great work again but this time im rather confused. When Homura rewrote the universe didn't she also remove the need and existence of magical girls? The panel where she says that Godoka is out leading the magical girls. To Homu's knowledge isn't Sayaka the only one who recovered her memories and is able to transform, if so doesn't Sayaka have no purpose to since the world has no witches nor wraiths to fight anymore. And whatever happened to Godoka at the end?

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

The influx of post-rebellion madoka doujins lately make me extremely delighted. I somehow like it a lot when they potray Devilmura and Sayaka with this sort of "buddies that go way back" sort of feel where they make jabs at each other with Sayaka the only one out of the rest to remember the past and Homura still being the socially awkward emo dork. Go forth Sayaka with your new position as the Devil's wingman!

EDIT: Forgot to include that Nagisa is da real MVP here

last edited at Apr 19, 2017 12:08PM

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

I am all about more PaCoYa, so this makes my hazy-region-between-days. I just hope the prediction of more from C92 pans out. If Flip Flappers gets even one dedicated artist who really loves it and does great work -- a maitake2, a Yohane, a Hakka-ya -- I'll be pleased.

Maybe not to the level of doing full-length doujinshi but there is one artist on Tumblr called Angeban who dedicates a lot of her work to FliFla fanart and short comics. I suggest you check her out if you'd like to satisfy your cravings
On a side note this doujin was wonderful, Madobless the artist

Green Melon
Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Love love LOVE so much how the author is taking the story progression relatively slowly now. I like stories that get the whole "im in love with you" hurdle cleared first and then focus on building up the characters' relationship from there. Makes it seem like there're infinite possibilities to how the characters can grow without assuming that the "big confession" scene is the endgame.

Also Mimika goofy grinning is the
most adorable thing ever.