Forum › Posts by Faust

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

EDIT: This is kind of lost in translation, but Sei sometimes regresses to the speech pattern of a little girl whenever she and Aya does the dirty. As the translator, it's really hard to get those nuances carried over to English. This is also the reason why I believe that Sei is much, much more attached to Aya than it seems like when just reading the translations. I'm sorry I couldn't bring these nuances out, but that's pretty much impossible to do without making Sei sound like an idiot.

Maybe you could leave a TL note at the end of the chapter for stuff like that. Like idk, "in x panel or x page, Sei says stuff like this, but the tone couldn't be carried over", and such
I think it'd be really interesting to know/think about

joined Sep 21, 2014

Followed it as it got updated, glad to see it became less about the skirts, and more about their relationships

joined Sep 21, 2014

Hm hm, quite the chapter
1. Aya's frustration converted into top energy and lust
2. Sei is most emotionally vulnerable when it concerns Yoru and Aya doesn't know how to deal with the baggage, she'd rather avoid avoid an emotional connection
3. Aya recognises that physical intimacy isn't enough, whoops
4. Aya was clearly disgruntled when she abruptly left and Sei didn't really care or think much of it, even though she noticed tbh
5. Aya's always the one running to meet her. When they first met at Sei's apartment. When she returned Sei's clothes. When Aya went to look for her at her school. When she went to find her when Sei wanted to peace out from drinking with the math teacher
But the moment Sei got that text she went running to meet Yoru. No one can ever replace the emotional damage Yoru has on Sei tbh
6. The kindergarten extras are cute, Aya is such a good kid

Ah no i mean literally, the same comment was posted by Faust, both on Mangadex and Dynasty.

Wrote it on Mangadex first, but DS discussions tend to be more lively, so I wanted in on that. No way was I gonna rewrite that lmao

Am I the only one who likes this story?? I find it quite interesting to read ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Same same, it's erotic and the moral ambiguity is fuuun

last edited at Apr 25, 2020 2:59PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Hm, I didn't give Haruki much thought because I don't really like her, but if I take a step back and consider what she's done so far...
Haruki is the friendly, sociable childhood friend. She invites Aya to hang out with her friend group as an attempt to include her, but only because its a controlled environment, a space that's under her supervision, people she knows and approved of. Not to mention that Aya isn't up for those offers, so it's not like there's really any chance that Aya would've created meaningful relationships with those girls. In other words, there's no chance Haruki would've lost her position as the only one who's relatively close to her. Haruki knows "everything" about Aya, and she's pretty proud about it. Likely because she's the only one.
The reason why I'm thinking that Haruki doesn't actually care for her to make friends, despite her (half assed) attempts at integrating Aya into her social circle, is because the moment it seems like she's made an online friend, Haruki grows immediately uncomfortable about it.
A person she doesn't know. A part of Aya she doesn't know. Something outside her control. Someone else Aya may become close to. In theory she should be rooting for it, but in reality she doesn't like it.
The actions she takes feel like they're about reestablishing the control she has been losing. She tries to find out who Kuro is, what their relationship is and even tries to get on equal footing as Kuro by trying to reach physical intimacy (cough, assault) with Aya too. When it doesn't work, when Aya's behaviour is outside of her control, she tells Kuro to fuck off instead, the last remaining factor she can try for.
Haruki's goal may be good (to protect Aya from an online predator), but she's doing it all for the wrong reasons. It'd be like someone being upset about an item being stolen, but only they have been wanting to steal it themselves. Her love for Aya is rather selfish and controlling, but she doesn't realise it yet.

Also I feel kinda bad for Aya. From what i understand about her, I don't really see why she's sometimes seen as someone as awful as the other two.
She seems like she's trapped. She's cautious and Kuro realised that, so Kuro toned back the aggro and started making her feel like she has a safe space instead. Because if Aya believes that she has still control over the situation, if Kuro lets her think she has a choice in the matter, then she might just do it of her own accord.
It's now to the extent that to escape the awkwardness of dealing with Haruki, she rather go to Kuro's apartment instead.
I don't think Kuro even realises the extent of Aya's current attachment to her. She looked utterly shocked to see her in her home, to have even cooked for her too.

Lastly, Kuro has a very gentle and heartwarming smile. If I had to describe it in other words, I'd say that she smiles like she wants you to lower your guard. It's very hard to tell which might be calculated and which might really be from genuine happiness.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Yoru's eyes are so... cold and indifferent at times. It feels like she'd throw you away once she's done with what she wanted from you
I think I get Kuro's deal. She was helpless in her situation back then, and she's helpless at her job/public life now. But she has so much power over Aya, and from that gains so much power over Haruki too. It must feel really satisfying for her, to finally get her way, and look down on Haruki, who's in a similar position as she once was.

I'm not sure how she truly feels about Aya, but by being "honest" with her about being Yoru's replacement, she is in fact also putting her in a similar position as her teenage self: "This isn't what I really want, but I'm okay with it." Actually it might fit in pretty well with what Aya wants, she just doesn't acknowledge it. Aya's trading physical intimacy against 'friendship' after all, because she wants to be close to someone. Even if she doesn't state it (I don't remember actually), she enjoyed how it felt, when they were first texting each other, having someone care about her. Kuro is pretty much treating her like a girlfriend right now, and even if it isn't explicitly what Aya is looking for, that sense of closeness and intimacy she wants still comes along with it.

Idk how much she really likes Aya, but she definitely manipulates her hard huh. On one hand she tells her that if she won't do it, she'll just find someone else (you are disposable), but she also makes her feel like she needs her, and that she wants to keep her around. She makes a lot of gestures that outside of their context are actually very affectionate and often gives Aya words of affirmation (that she likes her, cares about her, is happy to see her, etc), but I don't know to what extent she might mean them, if they're just tactics to make Aya feel wanted, to give her a place to belong.

I'm not surprised Kuro didn't think Aya would have a "best friend", because she wouldn't have reached out online and maintained such an alarming relationship if she didn't feel lonely or isolated. Aya is such a vulnerable target with her low self esteem and lack of social support that it's no wonder that it doesn't sound like she would have such a uh concerned friend.
Anyway, uh, Kuro is taunting tf out of Haruki, and deeply enjoying rubbing it in her face. Rather than being ntr'd, she's the one netoraring someone else for once.

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

Saw a description of a manga on another thread that i didn't recognise, does anyone know what this is?

"Reminds me of a Manga I read where two girls started going out with each other and were known as the most popular. Except you started noticing how they both would nitpick each other or talk about one another then soon one of them got scared. So they made a pack to commit suicide together and then couldn't do it in the end because they really didn't love each other"

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

I'm trying to find an age gap one-shot where if I remember right the younger girl keeps pushing her older GF that they should become sexually active, but the older (and wiser) one shows her how that could be dangerous that could be by kissing her in such a way that the younger girl feels helpless to stop her

it could be a teacher/student thing but I'm really not sure?

Is it this?
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/because_im_an_adult

Faust
Still Sick discussion 17 Jan 02:51
joined Sep 21, 2014

Relationship drama aside, it's (bitter)sweet that they're missing each other. So close, yet so far. Hopefully Shimizu uses the good ol' communication tactics she's usually applied to get Maekawa to open up and tackle their issues, and opens up about her worries to get the ball going. Rather than, yknow, misunderstanding, and like, getting into a fight and all.

Also, thinking back on Shimizu saying that she believes in the integrity of her boys, I understand now. Same, I believe in them too, they're such good boys yo

joined Sep 21, 2014

Rather than dense, I think Shimamura's actually really perceptive. She picks up on a lot of stuff and understand most of the fine details of social interactions, but what actually might be the issue is whenever the behaviour Shimamura picks up are directed towards her. I think Shimamura is her own blind spot.

In general, she doesn't particularly perceive others nor herself as special, and just goes with the flow of these relationships being naturally created because the time and space allowed them to, and then the same relationships naturally fading away when people separate when they're no longer convenient.
Adachi and Taru don't fall into these categories of a natural flow, however.
She kinda gets that Taru and Adachi are gravitating towards her for some reason, but she doesn't know and wouldn't understand those reasons. I feel like she has a hard time pinpointing what her gut feelings and her intuition are telling her exactly because she doesn't relate to them, and finds those actions/desires strange. At best, she dissects the behaviour she observes and leaves them at that, without attributing a meaning to them if it's beyond her understanding of it.

The closest she can relate most of Adachi's actions to is her sister, and after meeting Adachi's mother, she's come to the conclusion that Adachi lacks affection and wants to be treated like a younger sister because she comes from an emotionally distant/broken home. Ever since she's settled on this explanation, I think it's further hindered her understanding of Adachi's actions, because she attributes most of her suspicious behaviour to this reason and generally falls back on it.
Other than that, when it escapes her understanding and she can't use any other experiences to explain it, in a very Shimamura-like fashion, she just accepts that Adachi/Taru are doing this and that, and just lets those things happen. Because even without understanding the specificities, it doesn't particularly bother her anyway, so there's no point in going against the flow.
"Well, whatever."

joined Sep 21, 2014

I'm feeling nervous because Shimamura's birthday is April 10th and it's stated that they're two weeks into the semester, which started in the beginning of April. I wonder if it'll get skipped or it'll be another event flag, because personally I definitely want to see Adachi make a big deal about it and try to do something special for her

I can't remember if it was mentioned in volume 4. But I know that there's a short story about it on Iruma-sensei's blog

It'd be great if that could be translated too!

Good news is that since Adachi is clearly finally trying to be more assertive--what is it with her and fortune tellers/shaman being her impetus??--it's inevitable that she's going to get her meaning AND her feelings across to Shimamura, probably sooner rather than later at this point. I am looking forward to that time, so I can sit over here and giggle to myself a few days earlier than the rest of you. ~_^

Lol I thought the same about the fortune telling, but then realised that Adachi has literally no one else to talk to, so receiving outside input is super rare for her. She literally had to pay someone to get solid advice and realise she needs to keep moving forward and actually ask for what she wants to have a chance to get it. It's kinda goofy, but I'm thankful for those random moments of clarity she gets from them, when she feels lost and doesn't know what to do

last edited at Jan 7, 2020 4:55PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Anyone else find the use of "sama" and "sensei" odd, I feel like those should have been translated.

Uh what ? I assume that isn't your first reading a manga on the site so i don't quite understand why you ask. If the honorifics are here then i suposs they were here in the raws so there is no reason to translate them. Even so, in the context the -sama used is not really translatable.

The manga clearly takes place outside of Japan, in this case leaving those very Japanese terms in place is pretty odd.

You know that the author is Japanese right ? And the original version is in Japanese too ?With probably the sama and sensei use. We don't even know where it is since there is no indication of space, so yeah it could be no in Japan as it can totally be and even if it's not in Japan, i don't think that even a reason to translate the honorifics as,again, in the context, sama don't have a real translation who can fit.

I don't mind the honorifics even if it's outside of Japan, but ay no need to be so defensive about it.
Besides, the witch hunts/executions involving burning at the stake, there being kings, the architecture, the German words, more foreign words, the majority of the cast having western names such as Alice, Dolly and Miriam contrasting with the main girl's name being Muguruma Mari, the clothes of the villagers turning against witches (not to mention the fear and accusations of heresy), etc., are pretty blatant indicators lol
There may not be any explicit indication of where the school is, but I think the reader(s) you're replying to have more than a few good reasons for suspecting the setting to not be set in Japan, so you probably shouldn't be in such a rush to brush them off.

last edited at Dec 8, 2019 12:37PM

Faust
Teardrops discussion 30 Nov 05:22
joined Sep 21, 2014
  1. Cute as heck, wish it was longer
  2. Holy shit, this anthology came out yesterday, this was done so fast

where do you get to see updates?

Hm? What do you mean? You may have misunderstood what I meant so in return I'm not sure what you're asking either

Faust
Teardrops discussion 28 Nov 01:44
joined Sep 21, 2014
  1. Cute as heck, wish it was longer
  2. Holy shit, this anthology came out yesterday, this was done so fast
joined Sep 21, 2014

I'm feeling nervous because Shimamura's birthday is April 10th and it's stated that they're two weeks into the semester, which started in the beginning of April. I wonder if it'll get skipped or it'll be another event flag, because personally I definitely want to see Adachi make a big deal about it and try to do something special for her

They skipped Adachi's birthday too in their first year.

Yeah but to be fair we didn't know her birthday yet
Would be kinda disappointing to let us know Shima's bday was going to be in two months (when we found out in February) and then not address it

joined Sep 21, 2014

Faust
Sazanka discussion 14 Nov 01:28
joined Sep 21, 2014

Enjoyed the extras and afterword. Was really interesting to see what the author thought about and part of their process.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Every chapter update when I refresh the site is like a smack in the face of pure bliss and extra motivation to get my shit done so I can read it

Hino looks super goofy from other ppl's pov but she sounds pretty down to earth/kinda savage when it's just her and Nagafuji, nearly always self conscious of Nagafuji's behaviour too. It's an interesting gap

I liked the first narrator but I also felt kinda bad for her

Imagine being Adachi's Adachi. Poor girl.

I don‘t know if it‘s the tiredness but I don‘t get it

Adachi -> very fixated on another girl
Adachi's Adachi -> someome unfortunately very fixated on ice cold Adachi

Pretty interesting to see how the tables have turned too, that Adachi's pretty much in the same position now

last edited at Oct 29, 2019 4:37PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

P248, "We got to the second floor, and as I bought tickets from the machine there, I was reminded of Adachi.
I could more or less guess how she would react if she was to see me with another friend. And I didn’t want that to happen.
Not again."

Hm? "Not again"? I can only recall this happening when she was with Nagafuji, but Shimamura doesn't know Adachi saw them or how she felt. Did I miss or am forgetting something?

joined Sep 21, 2014

I'm dead
I just binged everything in 3 weeks and was missing this terribly for the past few days when this triple update just blew me away, like winning the lottery not once but three times
You guys are wonderful

joined Sep 21, 2014

I dont know ANYONE, who married through an arranged or "gold digger/reputation" marriage, so I just cant relate to it, why you should do it. Whats the percentage in Japan for "no love" marriages btw?

A lot of then, the way Japanese see marriage is pretty diferente, is not good for you to marry someone who is broke, even though you love the person. I just don't think is very common for the person just to quit their job.

Isn't it fairly common (perhaps even expected?) for Japanese women getting married to quit their jobs/careers and start a family

joined Sep 21, 2014

Suspicious foreshadowing aside, I think it's really cute and sweet that Tsutsuji bought her a flower

Faust
Oddman 11 discussion 22 Aug 01:08
joined Sep 21, 2014

Nipple drilling

That was a nice twist, and now I need more of how sister Itami expresses her love

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

There are some parts I gave up on translating from the loli like

here and here

"Stomach empty" and "outside play"
Though idk what the Koggo part of Koggonio is

last edited at Jul 22, 2019 5:14AM

Faust
Still Sick discussion 03 Jul 02:08
joined Sep 21, 2014

There is quite a bit of evidence that Maekawa is both attracted to Shimizu and is even starting to really care for her which is likely why we saw her pause in a moment of conflicted reflection when Shimuzu reminded her, "you already made it clear you don't like me." I think Maekawa really does love her back but she is very aware and fearful of the possible repercussions of admitting it.

The simple fact Maekawa refuses to use Shimizu like she has others in the past is proof she really does care a great deal about her and the bond they share.

I'm not sure Maekawa refuses to use Shimizu exactly, since she's definitely lonely and feeling empty right now and tried real hard to get Shimizu to stay with her in this chapter, even offering herself to her to cater to her feelings.
What I think is proof is that she's consciously trying to not let her habits get in the way and ruining her relationship with Shimizu, a bond she does care for and wants to last. But yes, even if she's conscious of her habits, her efforts vary in degrees of success, because she still wants to be loved, and can't stand the loneliness.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Why is the other version dead?

Wasn't popular, I guess. It's pretty old, unless I'm very mistaken, ran years ago alongside the LNs.

It started serialisation in 2016, so it's not especially old