Forum › Posts by MZH

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Not just any twin kingdom. Girl's at least gotta do better than Austria-Hungary.

Not exactly putting the bar high, are we?

Hey! My ancestors were from Austria-Hungary and ... uh ... well, they left for America a year before it ceased to exist. ... I forget what my point was.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

I don't think I quite get what happened here? Can someone explain for the dummies in the crowd? =w=

The director knew she was hoping for an offer about a future project, to further her carrier. So he gave her advice to keep focused on her current project, but also still keep an eye out for future projects/work openings.

More than that, the director said he noticed a change in Sakuma's writing. There's a difference in the result between writing the best script you can and writing a script to show you can do something more. The first is a work of art; the second is a résumé. The first serves the audience; the second serves the author.

MZH
Pancake discussion 07 Mar 21:55
Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Lots of bopping

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

An English translation of that German spoken in latest chapter would be nice.

One more page past the credits.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Thanks for the translation. Isn't it "That is not dead, which can eternal lie" on page 31/i-118?

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

From the epilogue:

When angry, she's the type to cry when she can't throw things.

Umm ... quite the catch there ...

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Funny for Tazune to say "high school is high school, but you're adults now," when he is clearly not over what happened to him back then.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Ramunes posted:

So this maiden thing, is that the term that the older girls use to pick a clueless virgin girl in order to deflower her? I seem to get that feeling. What a bunch of asholes if that happens to be the case.

Sorta.

Unfortunaly it's seem that the wiki link have lost the part on military.

The military section was incorporated into the Monastic section ("chigo" definition in first paragraph, military section starts in the third paragraph)..

MZH
Yuri discussion 04 Apr 00:04
Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014
  1. A highschool girl hooks up with a housewife on board a ferry.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/unfinished_prologue

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

L̴̢̨͓͓̳̙̫̦̫͔̟͇̹͕͕̼̩̮̻̩̗̺̘̝̘̜͆͑̊̿̈͑͘Ơ̶̢̢̢̡͍̻̬͚͍̼̥͔̯͚̟̳̹͇̳̤̖̣̞͉͎͈̟̗̦̠̠̠̖̑̔͊̾͑̈̑̏̈̽͒͐̈́̾̂̀̓́̿͒̓̐̌̊̆͌̎̓̅́̓͌͗̔̚͜͜͜͝͝ͅͅO̶͙̐͐̀̌͊͑̇̈̃͘͠K̶̛̛̙̮̫̓͗̄͋̿̾́͋̈̂̌̊̈́̅̀̊̽̇̓̍͐̃̇̆͌̇͗̍̒͘̕͘S̵̢̨̛͕̖̙̲̖̖̟͔̞̗̘̥̤͍̯̠̤̜̰̥̍̔̎̽̇̽͊̓͊̽̌̈́̽̄̕̚͜͝ ̶̨̰̻̫̥̠̦̻̲̟̦̲̩̠̞͕̞̟̯̲͈̬̖̪̼͐ͅͅF̴̡̢̨̨̡̼̝͎̟̻̰͇͖̜̺̘̮̫̠̩̝̩̻̗̜̱̼̻̥̻̞̉̈̒̏́̍̉̎̑̒̎͐̆̆͌͊̈̉̓͋̽́̒̓͊̏̐͌͌̍̄̍̓̏̕̚͘͜͝Ḭ̷̧͙̙̤̯̻̫̩̤̰͍͈̗̰̜̩͕̬̳̹̈́̈́́̚̚͜N̵̨̢̛͖̦͕͎͍̱̞͇̺͓͇̬̣͔̰̟͎̱̣͍̥̞͓̯̙̝̝̜͒̑́̏̄̀̔̆̇̄̽̎̏̌͒̓́͋̈̎̆̌̽̔́̏̈͘͘̕̚͠Ê̷̿͊̆̌̋̃̆͛͐͑͒͊̿̿͋̂͠ͅ ̸̡̧͇̭̳̹̜̙̞̥̟̰̪̮̤̪͍͈̝̝̰͕̭̭̰͖̣̠͔̞̼̲̼̫͇̘̖̎̃̓͌̓̀͒̇͜T̸̨̢̧̛̬͉̠̼̪̜͙̖̰͎̘̬̻͈͍͕̠̈́͐̽̇̀̔͗̔̔̈́̈̀͒̇̀̀̀̅͑̿́́̂̏̒̽͆̊̕Ớ̸̧̧̛̟̜̦͈̠̫̻̣̠̼̟̖̫̹͉̪̭̻̫͚͈̳͓̼̲̙̞͎̜̫͖̤͙͙́̑̎̃͑̃͆͐́̅̅̇̇̒͌͗̃͘͘̚̚͘͜͠͝ͅ ̵̨̨̧̢̱͔͔̱͎̤̯͚̳͈̣̬̝͍̞̬̳̝̺̭̹̙͇͌͜͜ͅM̴̡̢̧̟̙͕͕̦̗̥̯̺̣̜̻͕̝̤̞͖̻̖̻̭̬̥̊̈́͜E̸͈͎͖̳̽̽̾̀̎̀̌͌͆̋̐͗͆̀͛̂̈̒́͗̒̒̽̎̈́͌̒̃̂̎̌͘͘͘͝͠!̵̨̢̛̛̮̀͂̓̉̍̾́͛̎̄̃̔̓̒̂̑̽̂̅̄͗̐̑͛̈́͒̂̅̆̾͑̚͝͝͝

last edited at Mar 25, 2020 9:47PM

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Speaking of bangers and booze, Dropkick Murphy's are streaming their annual Boston concert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j06g0TE_Ao

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Frankly, I don't think he was even that good a writer, given how overwrought his prose invariably was.

It's funny how overwrought his writing can be while also somehow not being descriptive enough: "The horrible thing is so horrible that I cannot describe its horribleness in words!"

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

The solution, as always, is jazz fusion.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Chapter 9 was released on Mangadex.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Huh. If the japanese phrase translates to "The scales have fallen (from my eyes)," why not use that? It seems closer to the original meaning and preserves the snake pun.

I've never actually seen that phrase used in English and wasn't really sure how well its meaning would come across. I was completely unaware it even existed in English.

It's very common in English--biblical, even.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Also manga is really gay.

I see there isn't a yuri tag, though.

Shouldn't there be a yuri tag thou?

Or perhaps a SCIENCE! tag.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

@Admins: The chapters are out of order.

Edit: It's been fixed. Thanks!

last edited at Aug 24, 2019 4:52PM

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

I choose to mix up the localisation style based on the series and also the audience who might be reading it!

I appreciate the thought and effort that go into these translations. I'm reminded of what a professional translator said: "You translate ideas, not words." The writing for Rika in Go Out was especially great in the last few chapters.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Chapter 32 is out of order.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Ayari's first thought on the bear warning is to cook and eat it?

what a monster

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

All I can say is that I'm glad this wasn't about physics.

Speak for yourself! I was about to suggest a new tag.

MZH
Image Comments 29 Apr 03:49
Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014
Gjckclzr6bs21

This is just payback for Earth-chan trying to sneak a picture: https://www.eso.org/public/usa/news/eso1907/

MZH
Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

These are various little single-panel comics by shimmer (from their pixiv) featuring their Angel x Demon couple. Chapters are in order of release date, and they've been grouped into a series because...same couple, same basic concepts, etc.

Cute stuff! Also does anyone know what's going on in chapter 4...? There's some soda, and...confused.

"Soda" is 8% alcohol by volume.

I don't know why this is all spoilered, but the demon needed the "liquid courage" to confess her true nature after the two had already been together for a while. Notice that the horns and tail are invisible at the beginning of the chapter.

MZH
Their Story discussion 11 Mar 21:46