Forum › Posts by Mai88

Qndkfwtexmw51%20-%20kopie
joined May 20, 2014

One crucial error: it's not high schooler but middle schooler. JK = high schooler, JC = middle schooler.

joined May 20, 2014

http://imgur.com/a/njNBx I forgot to add the credit page :/

joined May 20, 2014

@wooberjig

Where's the Ashita kimi ni Aetara 3 & 4 translations/by who? Seems like great potential but chaossteam has that Manga on very low priority.

On /u/ (go to the translation thread), I could request an upload if dynasty scans wants to see it here.

Please wait until our friend posts in the thread again :).

Sorry if this goes off-topic, but out of curiousity, could it be that you're the anon translator? ;)

joined May 20, 2014

@wooberjig

Where's the Ashita kimi ni Aetara 3 & 4 translations/by who? Seems like great potential but chaossteam has that Manga on very low priority.

On /u/ (go to the translation thread), I could request an upload if dynasty scans wants to see it here.

joined May 20, 2014

"Secret Crush on My Sister"

It's sub-title

1st version of title translation was "This Love That Won't Reach" (even google translate says "Even if it does not stall you" so I think unrequited love sounds pretty accurate)

I'd rather go for "Even if this love doesn't reach you" to be honest but I don't want to start a fight so whatever.

joined May 20, 2014

I'd like to see the first one happen. Even though this is called My Unrequited Love, it doesn't mean that it won't become requited.

It's not really called My Unrequited Love, the Engrish title is "Secret Crush on My Sister".

Mai88
PAX-1 discussion 27 May 03:08
joined May 20, 2014

Well... its name is PAX -1- for a reason, part 2 is a bit longer. The Japanese is very vague and we were already discussing a few things. I personally think Sachi lives with a smoker and is probably abused by them (that's why she likes the rooftop because she can stay away from that person during these times). I didn't quite get the last page but since there's a sequel, I'm waiting for that one first to draw any conclusions. I tried to find any useful comments by the author by looking at their tumblr/pixiv:
新刊「PAX -1-」は上巻となります。下巻(成人向け)は夏コミ発行予定。
「依存」「拒否」が交わる、女の子2人のお話。よろしくお願い致します。
It connects "dependence" and "rejection".
But maybe Arashura knows more.

last edited at May 27, 2017 3:12AM

joined May 20, 2014

Noice I heard We will get to buy this authors work in Germany
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

May I ask how? Like licensed or something?

Yes we have 5 publishing company in Germany who lincens really a lot manga! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) (◕‿◕✿)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_manga_publishers#German lol I know at least 4 of them (Tokyopop doing a good job on licensing more yuri manga btw).
But seriously, I haven't heard any news about Takano Saku stuff coming to Germany. Especially since this one runs in a magazine, it needs at least one tankobon release to be licensed.

joined May 20, 2014

So a couple of things, the translation seems to have a lot of English editing issues and also why does the scan quality drop severely after the first few pages? It also looks like the later pages were upscaled which is frowned upon.

English editing wise, what doesn't seem up to par? We can keep it in mind for next time and future releases.

Generally we try to run a pretty tight ship and are possibly one of the only groups that uses both a house style guide and a standard manual of style. I'm blind to image editing though, so I can't help there.

We're pretty committed to improving our work and greatly appreciate all feedback, so please keep it coming!

Ah, and as opposed to our normal releases, which have about 13 to 20 word document pages of text, this one had 50. So, it was quite a bear to keep straight.

I was the editor in this project and I'd like to add that none of our releases are upscaled. I merely used digital magazine raws which usually should be superior to physical scans because there's no dust to clean or levels to adjust. As for the dimensions, they're below our standard 2000px release (1920px to be precise). I understand why people might think it's upscaled or blurry, I can see it too with my eyes, but that's how the scans are. I can't be picky here because ebooks are much faster, cheaper and easier to get. In fact, there were quite a few jpeg artifacts in the raws which I tried to fix by leveling, though I didn't want to change the levels too much from the intended levels.
As for typesetting, aside from a small bubble on p18 which I forgot to add (it's only "..." though, hope people will forgive me), I gave my best with varying between fonts while still staying true to the original fonts.
So, if you can add any constructive critism, I'll remember it for the next time.

joined May 20, 2014

Noice I heard We will get to buy this authors work in Germany
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

May I ask how? Like licensed or something?

Mai88
joined May 20, 2014

It's completed and not ongoing btw, all 6 chapters has been scanlated. There is a new edition out (Perfect Edition?) https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4758075832 which has one more story (Cubic Starship, キュービックスターシップ) and an "after story" 4koma (don't know from which story though).

joined May 20, 2014

https://mega.nz/#!EUh3XAhA!sPAmM5xAf2mist0zT63s2vR9AjZV5JHFdhV3jW8NBAg we've uploaded a v2, fixing some issues with the editing.

Mai88
Kawai Roh discussion 13 Apr 07:44
joined May 20, 2014

Together with Haru (陽) and Yukiko (雪子) they formed the group Happy Yellow Rabbit and published five yuri anthology books so far (named Chouchou1, 2, 2.5, 3 and 4).
Sadly it doesn't look like they're active anymore and three of the books are not available anywhere (only found 2 and 4, and 3 with Chinese scans but RIP).
Each of these books have a certain theme, 4=>Food, 3=>Dark (Mental Illness?), 2.5=>4koma, 2=>SF, (can't find anything about the first book).
Especially the 3rd book looked interesting (http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=48420451), Yukiko's story from that one got republished again in this anthology: https://dynasty-scans.com/anthologies/onedari_shite_mite though.
I hope that someday someone will resell their books so we can enjoy their stories too.

last edited at Apr 13, 2017 7:49AM

Mai88
joined May 20, 2014

Omega Deuse said:
I know it's supposed to be cure and trope based, but I can't stand Ayano. She would not make for a good friend in the slightest. [...]

Most of what Ayano to do seems to be like that. There's definitely a level of concern for Yuki, but it's very haphazard and mostly a mater of considering what Ayano wants (a cute friend and making said friend cuter, in her opinion) or things that would appeal to Ayano (working the front of the cafee, with no real instruction given).

I know how you feel but you won't like the future chapters either then. The café scene was a bit...mean imo.

I don't really like the idea of a yuri harem (I didn't know I'd say this some day) of cat girls which comes in future chapters since I really sympathize with Yuki and wish her to be happy with Ayano. It's probably the first manga I read shown from the perspective of someone in a harem of someone else (haremette?), but I feel sad somehow. The other cat girls introduced later are somewhat annoying, getting in the way of the OTP Ayano x Yuki in my opinion.

joined May 20, 2014

We've opened a discord server: https://discord.gg/rpdhdhn in case anyone wants to meet the staff or just chat about yuri. Everyone is welcome!

Mai88
joined May 20, 2014

I never knew there was a sequel. And now it's getting an anime.
https://myanimelist.net/news/50090803
https://myanimelist.net/manga/93399/

joined May 20, 2014

How is Aya a God girl? She is a normal Tengu last I knew.

Well her theme is Wind God Girl

It should have been translated as Wind God Girl in the title as well. No clue why the first word was omitted.

Yeah sorry, translator didn't see it. It should be of course Wind God Girl.

joined May 20, 2014

We're still looking for a [b]2nd Ja->En translator[/b] but now also a [b]proofreader[/b] (must be Native English speaker).
We're focusing on doujinshi and original manga and would also tackle down a new yuri vampire series by Waterfall (Takano Saku) if possible.
Generally, you can expect fluffy SFW and NSFW manga/doujinshi as well as comedy, though we don't shy away from drama or angst. What we won't do is horror/violence.

Please contact me under https://mai88eternalscarlet.wordpress.com/contact/ if you're interested. Skype and/or discord is used for communication and Google Drive for proofreading work.

Our website: http://mai88eternalscarlet.wordpress.com/

edit: recruitment for the proofreader position is closed.

last edited at Mar 23, 2017 5:34AM

Mai88
Image Comments 08 Mar 15:34
joined May 20, 2014
Upanre3

since someone asked me before, "Sie sind so süß" means "You're so cute". Ich liebe dich, meine Liebe." means "I love you, my love/dear".

Mai88
Mai88
joined May 20, 2014

Hello,

The Zärtlichkeit du Yuri here.

We figured we should say something briefly as it may not be too hard to connect the dots that we’re the mentioned scanlation group.

First, I apologize that things did not go well between us and for the number of misunderstandings and miscommunications. We didn’t know what you were going through at the time, nor did we know what you did and did not have translated.

Normally, there is an etiquette to avoid stepping on each other’s toes in claiming releases, but it was hard to interpret your prolonged silence mid-scanlation. Though, we know now you were busy with your job. This etiquette is followed so that groups are not doubling up on work and releasing the same projects, thus wasting ours and the community’s time. When it seemed you were gone from the project, we went ahead with it.

The etiquette, which I must stress is a vaguely defined and unspoken rule, is NOT in place to protect a group’s or individual’s ownership of a scan. While we respected your general wishes, we do not feel we did anything wrong nor did we need your permission to make the release or upload of what became a shared project. Save for some particular instances, like with Yuri-ism and Three Musqueerteers, we do not have permission to be working on them and none of us own these releases.

To be clear, DMT had not been worked on in over a year and we were asked to continue it. So we did. If a collaboration does not seem to be going well, for absolutely any reason, “convenient” or otherwise, we reserve the right to immediately terminate it.
I also apologize that we cannot reconcile our different viewpoints, as I believe our personal philosophies on scanlation ultimately render us irreconcilable. We, TZdY, view scanlation as a by the community, for the community process which we also happen to enjoy participating in. We do not try to claim rigid ownership or control over our releases.

That being said Arc, may we release DMT and our Ajiichi doujins here? We are still unclear as to exactly why these releases are not allowed. We may continue working on DMT, depending on our own workloads, goals, and what the readers want, and for the sake of those who wish to see the remainder. These releases will be on the main TZdY blog and in a few other standard channels for anyone interested. It would be better, for the community, to peaceably resolve this and ideally get more yuri to more people. I understand if you would prefer not to, though.

Finally, I would like to apologize to Dynasty for getting wrapped up in the middle of our dispute and our miscommunications and for having to play referee in what does and does not get uploaded. We respect your decision not to upload DMT, though we would like it to reach as many readers as possible.

We felt it would be better to handle this publicly so everyone is civil and on the same page.

joined May 20, 2014

This is actually age gap as well because they're 18 & 31. Though, we don't know how their relationship will evolve since we don't have the time to work on vol.2+ yet. There's still a "part 2" of vol.1 (so chapter 1.5) which is currently being worked on.

Mai88
Syrupy Love discussion 16 Jan 13:58
joined May 20, 2014

Many fonts are used here, could you tell me which page/frame/bubble?
The main speech font, 1st bubble of 1st page in chapter 2.

Chinacat [regular] http://www.dafont.com/chinacat.font

and yes as Altair already said, we updated ch1 too.

last edited at Jan 16, 2017 1:59PM

Mai88
Syrupy Love discussion 14 Jan 08:06
joined May 20, 2014

Rather like the font. Anyone know which one it is?

Many fonts are used here, could you tell me which page/frame/bubble?

joined May 20, 2014

The Zärtlichkeit du Yuri is looking for a second translator (doesn't need to be Native speaker) for our many projects. We have a lot of untouched raws for: Akuma no Riddle, Love Live, Idolmaster, Kantai Collection, Touhou and original works (like Momono Moto's) and would like to tackle these projects. We also have reliable raw providers so you can request some (even rare) mangas/doujinshis from other series as well.
Currently we have one translator, two editors and two proofreaders, but we'd be glad about any reinforcement in any position. Experience is needed for the editor position since I don't have the time to teach from scratch, though for translator you should be motivated and knowledged about Japanese/English of course. As for proofreader, you should be Native speaker.

About our group: we're a fairly open and friendly group, everyone just works on the projects they're interested in and we're always looking for new challenges/yuri books to work on. Despite the lack of a fixed deadline, our working speed is rather fast I'd say. Though there is no pressure at all, everyone is working when they have time and feel like it! We love yuri and wish to spread it around the world!

Please contact me under https://mai88eternalscarlet.wordpress.com/contact/ if you're interested. Skype and/or discord is used for group chat.