Forum › Posts by Doctor_Hoot

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I wouldn't bet on Kisaragi station being forgotten; my wild guess is that File 3 will be merged into File 5, perhaps with flashbacks giving context for the rescue mission.

last edited at Jan 18, 2021 3:12PM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

he's a little confused but he's got the spirit

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

still a better hamster than this abomination

I feel old now

Doctor_Hoot
School Zone discussion 11 Jan 12:02
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

hang in there yokoe

last edited at Jan 11, 2021 12:03PM

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Not NSFW, maybe Ecchi at worst

Still a cute work.

Telling my boss I'm only looking at half naked middle school girls for research

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

A thread was opened recently where the LN and anime can be discussed separately; I'll link it here just in case:

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/17881-otherside-picnic-ln-manga-anime

Doctor_Hoot
Mizuno Eita discussion 07 Jan 09:56
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Oh I didn't know the artist has been around for this long. It seems she debuted in 2000.

Doctor_Hoot
Image Comments 06 Jan 10:36
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017
Eqb604tw4aafcn6-orig

flushed emoji honker

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

As a follower of the LN, the anime got me to read the manga finally. The most disturbing image I keep remembering is the photo Sorawo found on her phone with a twisted version of herself staring at Toriko. I love the novel where I have to rely on Sorawo's dry narration, but the manga is also really good, especially by making some of the weird parts more intense

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

A child or adolescent trying an image change to be noticed isn't that different from, say, picking up a hobby, for similarly "superficial" reasons. It doubles as experimentation with what kind of a person she wants to be. With moderation, I think this is pretty harmless. This kind of negotiation between wanting to be something that others like, and wanting to be authentic, is something everyone has to deal with, and a 3-page Twitter mini manga should not be expected to unpack all of this.

I would add that Kaho's girlfriend calls her cute in the present. Whether this is the same girl from Kaho's childhood, or not, this implies that she doesn't just see Kaho as a prince-replacement (though the chapters before should have proved this), so the whole relationship doesn't entirely hinge on Kaho's looks.

last edited at Jan 11, 2021 1:31PM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Astonishing.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Ajisai is also (kinda) in the mix from late vol 1 of LN, but I don't think that it has harem/love triangle tones. It's more like MC is really, really traumatized by her middle school experience and has a very hard time denying people, which seems to lead to people both, taking advantage (that's what I'm guessing will happen in vol 2 /w Satsuki, looking at illustrations) and misunderstanding stuff (Ajisai - although that's even more of a guess, since vol 3 is not even out yet, so not even illustrations, just read that it will be focused on her).

Honestly, the whole dynamic IMO is a bit similar to the experience described in The Private Report on My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness - she barely learned how to walk, socially, and she is thrown into very advanced social dynamics involving all kinds of difficult people, that completely overheat her circuits. She also loves to put herself down and overthink stuff. Add gay panic on top of that and it's a total mess.

The vol 1 LN experience is like watching a trainwreck - it doesn't even feel good most of the time, yet it's somehow hard to avert your eyes. It's really hard to call it a romcom IMO - it's 70% drama/angst/assault/confusion, 20% more heartwarming stuff, and 10% comedy, if that.

I know you were talking about this manga's source but it sounds like a totally different story lol

last edited at Dec 22, 2020 1:41PM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I've read this chapter a few times now and the end still makes me say "bruh"

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

It's a metaphor, see? You put the thing that does the killing right between your teeth, but you never give it the power to kill you. A metaphor.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I'm confused... Does Mirei know that Kyouko likes her?

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

"if anyone is a good person here, it has to be her"

no Adachi is just simping

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

the chapters feel a bit short for this sort of a story

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

This was kind of foreshadowed in chapter 3.1, it's a good twist

last edited at Dec 9, 2020 9:21AM

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

around chapter 300 these two will probably roleplay a full BL bedroom scene "for research" and say no homo afterwards

last edited at Dec 9, 2020 8:38AM

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

HR paying a home visit when a lowly office drone goes absent without leave and offline. How considerate

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I'm always amused by tags on this site. "Het on page 19 and 20" as a tag as if some sort of trigger warning...

It's almost like tags also serve to enable people to avoid things they don't want to see

last edited at Dec 5, 2020 3:15PM

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Of course Hibiki's approach isn't generally applicable, it just happened to be effective with Minato, and only to a point. The pressure exerted by Hibiki has been building up inside Minato this whole time, and it reached critical levels in chapter 11, with the "you're just like your father" comment being the explosion. At least now Hibiki is starting to catch on that good intentions are not enough; she needs to respect Minato

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Riku's commitment to traditional family values is truly inspiring

Doctor_Hoot
Image Comments 01 Dec 05:56
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017
82205691_p0

I wonder what could have led to this

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017