Forum › Posts by Ropponmatsu

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Ooh~, thanks for the tip!

Ropponmatsu
MyAnimeList 13 May 12:58
joined Jan 11, 2015

So you're saying that Bible Black english dub is not the best thing ever?

Ropponmatsu
MyAnimeList 13 May 12:51
joined Jan 11, 2015

I avoid English voices where I can, but you can't deny Lord Yupa is 31 flavours of badass, and hasn't lost his humanity in achieving that.

True nerds watch with Japanese voices and no subtitles! It doesn't matter if you understand Japanese or not!

Nah but seriously, I think watching dubbed/subtitled is mostly a matter of what you're used to. Most people I know whose first language is not one of the "big" languages, prefer watching the original version with subtitles, because that's what they grew up with. Myself included.

last edited at May 13, 2016 12:53PM

Ropponmatsu
MyAnimeList 12 May 20:29
joined Jan 11, 2015

As for the stupidity... Well... Let's just say that even something stupid can be pretty much the best thing ever

That sounds like the tagline for Gokujo

Ropponmatsu
MyAnimeList 12 May 20:15
joined Jan 11, 2015

I... kinda liked Kämpfer... At least gender bend romance is better than het romance... .__.

Also, Macross is all based around turning aggressive aliens into fangirls! ;D
Yeah it's stupid but look, on the other hand... transforming mecha jets! Hmm~?

Ropponmatsu
MyAnimeList 12 May 19:32
joined Jan 11, 2015

@Kyonne

Macross Frontier 1/10, harsh!

Ropponmatsu
MyAnimeList 12 May 19:03
joined Jan 11, 2015

Ahah, I remember My Anime List from like, maaany years ago. I never used it myself, however, since I personally find it easy to remember what I've seen and how I liked it.

joined Jan 11, 2015

I just bought Starlight Vega on steam, and played/read for 3 hours so far. It's SO good! I definitely recommend it if you like the Visual Novel format.

Ropponmatsu
joined Jan 11, 2015

Having read up until the current chapter (ch131), I can with confidence say that it just keeps getting better! No spoilers, but my god, it's soo good!

I'm also impressed that the author manages to keep the new characters and dynamics he introduces interesting.

Ahh, me too!!! It's really really really good!!! Wait for it y'all!!! This manga is the best!

I know right~♪

The next chapter to be uploaded here (ch71) is amazing... Ufufu

joined Jan 11, 2015

It's just that asians in general, and japanese in particular, dislike the open display of this kind of preferences.

They are aware it exists, they don't think anything of it, except when it's openly displayed. Then, they feel compelled to conform and voice the common view that it's "disgusting".

You can be gay as much as you like, but if you display your difference, then you're a nail that sticks out.

Western societies are not that far ahead. Many states in the U.S. criminalized (and still do?) sodomy until recently.

Hopefully, the new generations will eventually learn to accept these differences as same-sex unions become more common.

To be fair, the U.S. isn't the exactly the best example of the "progressive western society".

Ropponmatsu
joined Jan 11, 2015

Thank you! Really happy that you like it!

Deviantart is definitely a good idea, although I would think that similarly to Pixiv, most of the decent artists are probably busy with comissions and stuff.

I just have to find someone who's bored... Ufufu

joined Jan 11, 2015

I really do find it hard to wrap my head around how "Who's attracted to who", is such an issue across the globe, both historically and nowadays... =_=

Ropponmatsu
joined Jan 11, 2015

Incidentally, I'd love to try making a manga! Are there any budding artists around these parts, that would be interested in collaborating?

I can't draw, you can't come up with a story, it's the perfect combination! Mezase, Koushien! Uooooh!!

joined Jan 11, 2015

That's what's called an export-culture. They ship out all the great stuff and bury all the creepy scary shit under it.

I know what you mean, but I still can't resist...

I think we get a fair share of creepy shit from Japan too... ufufu ;D

joined Jan 11, 2015

At this point, I'm unsure if we're discussing grammar, translations, or proverbs... I do think there was some human rights issue being discussed as well... ;x

joined Jan 11, 2015

gwennie-chan posted:

Well it's not just foreigners. The old saying "the nail that sticks out is hammered down" applies.

FTFY

Also I'm sure it was even quoted in this article.

And in this case, the proverbial nail would be the minor missquote? ;D

joined Jan 11, 2015

The irony of Japan's pop culture "anything and everything goes", compared to the conservative reality, is rather depressing.

joined Jan 11, 2015

I was aware of the two-faced attitudes surrounding LGBT in Japan ("Yeah, play around when you're a kid, but make sure you get educated, married, and have kids"), but I didn't know it was this bad for younger people.

While Japan certainly is most wonderful in many ways, it is about time people are allowed to be people, and not so heavily pressured to conform to antiquated ideas of "how it should be".

I get that this is a serious issue and all, but there's one thing I just can't get out of my head. "Since I was three, I knew I was gay." This guy's a fast learner.

It is actually very common for both trans and gay people to feel like that, although personally I didn't realize/accept it until I was around 20... Guess I'm a bit dull... x)

last edited at May 7, 2016 11:05AM

Ropponmatsu
joined Jan 11, 2015

Spoilers totally wreck my day, although in most cases, I only have myself to blame because I was being too nosy... ;;

You could try hitting me up on Pixiv if you're able (also, shameless self plug).
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=9427601

Ropponmatsu
joined Jan 11, 2015

If there was some kind of private messaging system I would totally be willing to listen.

And spoil the whole thing for yourself?! x)

Ropponmatsu
joined Jan 11, 2015

Ugh you are killing me with anticipation.

I know right? If it makes you feel any better, the urge to gush about it is killing me as well.

Ropponmatsu
joined Jan 11, 2015

Having read up until the current chapter (ch131), I can with confidence say that it just keeps getting better! No spoilers, but my god, it's soo good!

I'm also impressed that the author manages to keep the new characters and dynamics he introduces interesting.

Ropponmatsu
joined Jan 11, 2015

Thanks for the tip!

I'm so bloody happy about the English release of Kindred Spirits on the Roof (though I'm not sure if the name is more or less dorky than the original...)!

I never expected an English release of straight up yuri VN, so I thought I'd never get to gush about it with anyone else. I should probably buy the English version too, to show my support...

Ropponmatsu
joined Jan 11, 2015

Hello!

I just added some short stories I wrote to my Pixiv page. Most of them are yuri themed, and in English.
I would be really happy if anyone would give them a chance!

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=9427601

I'd happy to recieve any comments or feedback, here or on Pixiv!

Ropponmatsu
joined Jan 11, 2015

Hello!

I wonder if any of y'all know of any japanese magazine, or such, that publishes short stories / anthologies, etc., preferably in the yuri genre, but any info would be useful.

To clarify; I'm referring to stories in text, i.e. not manga.

I tried mailing Yuri Hime, and a few other places, for ideas, however they won't reply even with some standardized copypasta...

Cheers for any help!