Forum › Posts by zokoi

zokoi
Image Comments 02 Nov 21:32
joined Jun 11, 2016
Fdb2u64agaa_t9r-orig

@LaPucelleOnGirls: while Love Live girls tend to act very gay to each other, there's no official source about any canon couple. Please refrain from forcing your opinion on other ships.

joined Jun 11, 2016

ngl if there is a maid yuri cult, Zanka would be the head of it while I'm one of his/her loyal follower.

I enjoy these every time, but they do make me wonder how many times a person can draw the same exact thing.

Ikr? It's part of the fun of reading these, wondering when will Zanka run out of idea for these maid yuri stories.

joined Jun 11, 2016

The art style does remind me of Dowman Sayman but the tone of the story is much more upbeat, I like it.

joined Jun 11, 2016

question: aren't vampires technically undead? Do they even have blood to suck on?

Anw, what a cute oneshot, I wish it had a scene where Kokoro was the one doing the sucking though.

joined Jun 11, 2016

...I don't get this. Couldn't she just, like, make her username "Small Adult Woman"??

...you think people take username seriously online?

anw, well said @Linterdiction. I hope people will read your comment before asking any more question about the morality of this one shot.

joined Jun 11, 2016

'Completed' as of Ch 13? Cancelled?

Gallete and Galette meets are mostly indie publishing magazines and meets in particular doesn't have consistently running series. As such, I don't think there are editors who control, axe, and provide detailed feedback on series. It seems more like they collect content and publish what they can based on funds available. They probably haven't asked the author for another chapter on these two, but based on the author commentary at the end it seems pretty possible there could be more in the future. And that would largely depend on...

You, dear reader! Galette's funding comes from its subscribers on fantia, so you can help them by subbing!

Even this tankobon looks like it was a collection of the chapters and stories published originally in different places and then self-published by the author (which if anyone happens to know where chapters 12 and 13 were published, please give me a heads up so I can tag them)

Thanks for the info, I never knew this before.

Also, lol when I saw "mother-daughter yuri" all I could think of is that Taiyaki has managed to convert another one XD

joined Jun 11, 2016

ah yes once again Dynasty Readers astound me, finding faults with everything.

Anw, thanks for the translation and the credits page, it made me smile XD

joined Jun 11, 2016

reading this last chapter made me cry so damn hard. I haven't come out ot my family yet so I'm so very afraid of how they will react.

Thank you scanlation team for doing these series of Tokuwo Tsumu, they're amazing!! I'm gonna go re-read Ise-san to Shima-san now to lift my mood.

zokoi
HUG discussion 29 Oct 05:53
joined Jun 11, 2016

so cute!! what were they talking about on this page though?

Also lol poor P-san.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Ugh if this was gonna be the sole chapter for a while I wished it ended with a clearer ending for a chapter. It kinda just cut off....but I am interested and I hope the author will create more in the future.

I believe the word you are looking for is cliffhanger. And ending chapters with cliffhanger is the norm lol, gotta makes people want to read more for them to come back.

Also, I hope the author is just taking some time to prepare for this series instead of dropping it.
Or maybe this is just a teaser for a novel, and not a series at all?

joined Jun 11, 2016

see, here's the thing I dislike about Chinese manhua: the logic progression of the story is just, ehhh at times. It's like they expected the readers to understand the information all of the sudden but without in-depth explanation. It's kinda like info-dumping but not. I suspect it's something to do with all the random jumping between scenes, it just feels so abrupt.
Well, luckily this story is still more coherent than plenty other manhua I've read, so it's fine.

Anw, if the blue-haired girl is just an avatar for the player in the real world, then what's with the memory of the past in ch11? Did she play as the blue-haired girl all the way from her childhood?

zokoi
Image Comments 26 Oct 11:43
joined Jun 11, 2016
Likedaughter

a little context for people who don't watch LL: Director and Ren's mom (Hana) were friends in high school and Ren's mom died a few years after she established the school.

zokoi
Image Comments 26 Oct 11:36
joined Jun 11, 2016
9094830_p0

just searched for and read reviews of this series on MAL. Seems like a fun chaotic show, I will probably watch it.

joined Jun 11, 2016

^ oh ok ouch, I'm sad now. Thanks for the explanation though!

joined Jun 11, 2016

I try not to think too hard about the implication of "you saved me" because it's probably something along the lines of "you were in a videogame I liked when my life was miserable", and that just strikes me as stupid, but I guess this sort of thing comes with the genre. I can't seem to be able to fully ignore it though :P

I do not think it is stupid to latch on a person, even a fictional one, as a beacon of hope when you are on the edge of just giving up on life. Whatever helps you get away from that edge and starting to feel alive again is fine by me. I personally have never experienced such attachment to a character, but I imagine that if I did and then got to meet them in person, I'd feel pretty much the same way as Rei.

That's not the part that feels stupid to me, it's just... you usually don't get to meet fictional characters. But I get it, it's the whole point of the story, feels dumb to complain about such an integral element. It's just that this part reminded me strongly about it.

I don't understand your point? What does getting to meet someone matters here? I know people who feels that they were saved by their idols, and the chances of them meeting said idols is 0%.

joined Jun 11, 2016

this feels like it's the prequel(?) to the other oneshot also from this author.

It's the Part2 of it. The first part is Chisato and Kanon going out but Chisato cheating on her with Ren, while this part is how it was from Ren's PoV.

I'd like to disagree about "Chisato and Kanon going out but Chisato cheating". In the previous part, Chisato wasn't brave enough to "stand next to"/date Kanon so she kinda settled for Ren, without knowing that Kanon also loves her romantically.

joined Jun 11, 2016

this feels like it's the prequel(?) to the other oneshot also from this author.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Thanks you guys for answering my question! I'm not a Chisato x Ren shipper, but I might ship the seiyuu XD

zokoi
School Zone discussion 24 Oct 06:42
joined Jun 11, 2016

Yokoe's slightly improved self isnt exactly a normie either. She is still quirky, creepy and whiny. But you could actually tell that she had some rational thought and a motive for self improvement. This isnt just about their relationships. It is about Yokoe's self worth as an individual. Girl is a disaster as a friend, as a student, as a person.

Kei was just afraid that she would have to change herself along with Yokoe to keep their relationship going because their dynamic was obviously changing due to Yokoe's baby steps. She isnt ready for that as other comments pointed out

Yeah I whole-heartedly agree with your analysis.

joined Jun 11, 2016

ouch :(

quick question though, why is Chisato x Ren a thing? They don't even interact much in the series?
I think Chisato was using Ren as a way to get her feelings for Kanon out.

No I meant in general, not this doujin specifically. The Chisato x Ren ship is pretty popular in pixiv, and I honestly don't know why.

joined Jun 11, 2016

ouch :(

quick question though, why is Chisato x Ren a thing? They don't even interact much in the series?

joined Jun 11, 2016

my fcking god that credit page XD

also yeah, those last few pages were kinda ominous but eh it's cute

joined Jun 11, 2016

Gouma-den will probably get to it, but author did a lil short of them on a date on their pixiv

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/82887648

Thanks for the link! I understand most of it thanks to DeepL.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/81061150
^ this one is about what if Tanaka and Toda were friends from primary school, and gosh it's adorable. I hope that it will get translated!

joined Jun 11, 2016

omfg the entire workplace ship them XD
ngl I spent literally 5 minutes just laughing at that part!
Also that kiss!!!!!! It's just, so wonderful I can't describe how happy I was seeing it!!!
And lol it seems like that kiss gives this series the yuri tag huh XD

zokoi
joined Jun 11, 2016

I'm sorry but wtf happened on page 15 and page 16?????

From what I understand, the upper part of that "snack bar" bunny was a man?? That just made the "eating snack" interaction fucking creepy now.