Forum › Posts by karp

karp
joined May 1, 2013

Needs more Akira.

joined May 1, 2013

^It does indeed seem like Jing Xiu is a little bit triggered by some behaviour from before, maybe Ji Youyan wasn't only drinking, but also did not really express her actual thoughts and feelings well, which might cause Jing Xiu to make that "businesslike" comment.

I think that buisinesslike comment might reference her being too accommodating and caring too much about what others think. Jing Xiu finds a way to block the alcohol from the start. She's very smooth about it, but it might be potentially a little annoying to the director. Ji Youyan doesn't even try.

It makes sense she's pointing out flaws directly related to the break-up. She's overly focused on her reputation within the industry, and she also doesn't take care of herself.

joined May 1, 2013

Ohhhh, HERE'S the actual love interest. Ren's an ex, and Chen's just a touchy friend. CaiCai's mom has a crush on Youzi's mom, or they're tentatively dating.

joined May 1, 2013

If you go back to Chapter One, and you see the page where you see the gears breaking apart and that Komachi head disappearing, maybe it led to the consequences we see now. Maybe Komachi should have died then. Not to mention the fact that she looked suspicious to me from the beginning

That's kind of a Steins;Gate paradigm when you think about it. If someone is fated to die and you save them from their fate, that will cause someone else to have to die in their place, possibly even them for a second time. By Satsuki constantly subverting fate, someone else will have to die and she keeps subverting this over and over and over

I mean, thematically this makes perfect sense, but this isn't a Final Destination thing. Someone's definitely a serial killer. There's huge shenanigans going around for most of these deaths.

joined May 1, 2013

...huh. The assistant seemed really concerned about her not drinking too much. Could she somehow be aware of the resurrection and alternate history?

joined May 1, 2013

alright yeah this went exactly as I was hoping, a carcrash can't happen quietly after all and now sensei's gonna come help Satsuki. Gotta ask though Satsuki are you really so determined to tell the truth that you'd jump to your death to not tell a lie, yes evidently she is.

also Komachi what was that, what was with that, what were you doing you sly little snake. The prez talked about how there have been a truly staggering amount of premonitory corpses since Satsuki enrolled and you know what I think Komachi is killing people or at least attempting to.

Okay here are my real thoughts, I think Komachi takes what people say at complete utter face value and if she hears someone say they'd wish someone else was dead she puts into motion a plan to kill them because she genuinely thinks it would help them. As evidenced by her "helping Satsuki" by almost getting her to fall to her death, after the last thing Satsuki said was "I'm going to jump" so Komachi is just helping her out you know

How much you wanna bet that before Komachi's head got cut off and she got burned to death, Shiina said something like "You should just die"? Thematically it works very very well: Satsuki can't lie, and Komachi can't perceive lies (or maybe, she relishes in twisting around the white lies and exaggerations people say in order to kill.)

Also, do we know for absolute 100% certain the president has special eyes? Komachi was involved with that weird thing in chapter 11 where Satsuki died and then history changed and she was alive again and she glimpsed a corpse disappearing. Could it be that KOMACHI has the special eyes, and she's been dutifully reporting everything to her boss on the student council?

joined May 1, 2013

This series absolutely rules. I'm baffled it's not more popular. Maybe the yuri's too subtextual.

It really does just make too much sense: Satsuki suddenly realizes that almost all these deaths were caused by Komachi, and if she hadn't saved her from the president's two attempted murders, they could have been avoided. Creating this moment has been the president's whole plan for a long time, because he thinks it's the best way to get her on his side.

Satsuki/Akira is tops, but I think Shiina's gonna end up with Michiru, who's much more pleasant when not manipulated into psychoticism.

joined May 1, 2013

I'm kinda baffled by this series more than anything, because even though there are hints the mom is actually gay (her flop sweat when the kid doesn't buy her explanation, her insistence that getting remarried is impossible), and it'd be weird considering the audience this is going for if no one was gay, the entire joke seems to hinge on the mom not actually being gay, and she definitely isn't really into Chen or Ren.

joined May 1, 2013

I mean, this series DID have plots that went along as plots; it was just sometimes really confusing what was happening.

Like, look at chapter 71. SOME kind of plotline is definitely moving forward there, but it's completely incomprehensible. "Let me know if you want to play again" is extremely ambiguous, and the imagery is baffling. But then you look at chapter 78 (which is I think the last time we see them?) and... SOMETHING happened, because of chapter 71. It was a meaningful, dynamic change in... something. But I certainly could not tell you if they're dating now or what.

joined May 1, 2013

I am just completely stymied, looking at these montage panels. I guess we can think Wanko's friend made it for real as a voice actor, and the bunny lady is... still there being a bunny lady. But what are Nemori and Oumi doing? Are we supposed to infer anything from that image, there? Did anyone ever figure out what "Let me know if you want to play again" actually means?

And there's something both hilarious and extremely sad about the fact that Ataru's ending is "She's still just so incredibly miserable, I mean christ, look at her."

last edited at Mar 1, 2022 7:59PM

joined May 1, 2013

I rarely get upset at the forums, but I feel like I'm seeing only the worst possible interpretation for that exchange, and it's quite saddening. Yes, Wanko is a little bundle of jealousy and insecurity at times, but I see her as being genuinely concerned for Kita-kun's well-being in this chapter.

People are referring to a different line, the "things could turn violent" one.

The dialogue in this chapter is kind of baffling in general. I thiiiiink Wanko isn't even thinking of the kid as trans at all, and she's super-threatened by him because she sees him as a dude and assumes Elly would be into him because of that?

And yeah, Elly having to remind herself that women can be attracted to women is one of the most bizarre things I've read in a comic.

karp
Image Comments 01 Jan 19:03
joined May 1, 2013
Yu_tsugirls-1460605134308724741-img1

It's definitely not semi-platonic, but calling it an eroge seems like an exaggeration. The sex scenes are very much not the main focus, compared to the romance.

But this ain't "meaningful looks" or "even though it's another girl" yuri. They's gay.

joined May 1, 2013

"And that's when I discovered my girlfriend's family were all dangerously stupid."

joined May 1, 2013

I hope/expect that there is a sort of final antagonist responsible for at least several of the murders, and I gotta admit Komachi's looking pretty sus, but. I think the Stuco President is really the ideological foil to Satsuki, because as people here have theorized, he represents the antithesis of the message the manga is developing. The people who die because of preventable causes must "deserve" it somehow. I know I'm probably bringing my own personal ideology in here, but I look forward to seeing how this develops if I'm even halfway right, and if he does have the Sight, I hope seeing his own future!Corpse in some coming chapter messes him up GOOD.

I mean, it's been verrrrrry strongly implied that class prez is out to kill Shiina, or he is protecting someone else who's trying to kill people (vice prez or Komachi maybe). I think they're deemed bad first (because they have obnoxious personalities, etc) and then killed, not that he sees them dead and assumes they must be bad.

Bringing the themes back, the killer/president might specifically be targeting people they think are dishonest or two-faced. Which is why it's important we see there's a nugget of goodness in Shiina's "two-facedness," that she tolerates people that others would write off completely.

joined May 1, 2013

Ehhh okay okay, if the serial killer is the class president, then he could have kicked the soccer ball at that window, since we see boys playing soccer earlier.

I also really like Shiina in this chapter. She's clearly got a lot of growing up she has to do, but there's ways she's much wiser than Satsuki. Satsuki's been denied her father's love because he refused to accept whatever flaw in her led to his wife's death, so it's really good for her to learn to be tolerant of other people's bad parts.

joined May 1, 2013

Ok, Ive got the gist of this: There are two major humanly created things going on:

1. Komachi is the serial killer, trying to get rid of Shiina and Seo (It was Komachi that lead Seo to the store room). Her change in attitude was due to the fact she did not die. (1)

2. There is essentially a time police involved, starring council pres guy. He too apparently sees these corpses but chooses not to deal with them, as they change the future unpredictably. Or rather, that must be his guess since he shouldnt have done it in the first place.

(1) Is strengthened by the fact that the first chapter stated in overdramatic fashion: Komachi should have died. Indeed, it is noticeable that each time a "major" corpse gets erased, seemingly parts of character personality get stripped away. E.g. the stalker girl becomes literally obsessed, Satsuki being more and more obsessed with saving everyone. I think the author is gonna pull a "Steins gate" where Satsuki must undo her changes at some point since this will end in disaster otherwise, by killing necessary people herself.

I dont think its a coincidence either that Komachi had to die twice consecutively, that was the world trying to fix itself.

I think the president is trying to save the world right now, rather than being an evil antagonist.

Lastly, according to the story, even before this manga started, MC saved a lot of people - successfully. Otherwise people would believe her by now. Why then has there been no complications before?

It'd be very straightforward for Komachi to be the serial killer... there's bodies everywhere now not because Satsuki is saving people, but because she happened to save a psycho murderer. And she seems so sweet and kind, it makes sense she could be indirectly inspiring things too behind the scenes: feeding Michiru's obsession, poking at the class president's insecurities in just the right ways.

But some of these deaths really do not seem to plausibly be murders. Like I guess it's possssssiiiiiible she greased up the gymnastics equipment, but I don't think the soccer ball through the window could be anything but an accident. (Though that one had the whole weird Satsuki death scene that I can't really figure out.) So while I do think the class president is trying to avoid some kind of cascading butterfly effect or something, I don't think it's because people's personalities get ore extreme.

I also just reaaaaaallly suspect that blonde teacher guy. She goes to him and talks about the murder methods, in detail, the day before each murder!

joined May 1, 2013

As to the Prez, I see it as a "justice at any cost" situation, where the cost has no limit, including and especially killing people so they can't do wrong again. Unsure why he went after Seo, though.

I suspect every time Satsuki saves someone, it makes a death more likely down the line somehow... which is why her school is a death trap now. Depressed people get more likely to take the last step to suicide, unbalanced people are more likely to take the last step to murder, accidents are more likely, etc.

Also there's pretty clearly like an actual serial killer going around, right? Someone switched out Michiru's oil and set up the gas in the storage room and probably other things.

joined May 1, 2013

I absolutely love this manga, but seriously why does that one girl have little horns?

I know they're setting up Class President to be the big bad with maaayyyybe horn-girl as a dark horse, but I very strongly have my eyes on that counselor guy. He keeps popping up often enough, and they keep giving him information.

joined May 1, 2013

The ones who sexually harrassed you? Not love.

joined May 1, 2013

I love everything about these two.

joined May 1, 2013

I think every single person reading this prefers kyouko/kaede and kazuki/louko. It's just if the author realizes that or not.

joined May 1, 2013

Yeah, still not into this manga roommate at all. 100% supporter of Kazuki with Annoying Work Friend.

joined May 1, 2013

Oh right, like Miu wouldn't be totally into this whole thing.

joined May 1, 2013

Wow, yes, that makes sense, but how on earth did you figure that out?

It helps if you've had sex at some point.

Maybe I've been doing it wrong? I have never once, when having sex, said "Fuu." I'll try it next time.

UPDATE: I said "fuu" while having sex. My wife did not respond with "afun," she responded with "What?" I said "fuu" louder, and she said, "Are you okay? Why are you saying that?" I said, "I'm blowing in your ear." Then she stopped having sex with me. :(

joined May 1, 2013

Anyone who understands what the fuck is going on in this chapter please let us know.

Basically a lot of anime host radio shows to promote them, which often feature the cast, sometimes acting in character. One of the notable examples is the Hidamari Sketch radio show, which sparked the whole Terry Asumi meme. As for this chapter in particular, Kyouko seems to be trying to do her job properly while Mirei is messing with her (that, or they're both intentionally putting the yuri business into practise), while Wanko is being Wanko, flubbing up as per usual but getting her act together at the end.

But what are those sounds they keep making?

Blowing air into someone's ear (I think) is apparently erotic.

Wow, yes, that makes sense, but how on earth did you figure that out?