Forum › Posts by BlurredExistence

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

The MahiMahi getting recognised makes me swell with pride... we all knew them before they were famous after all. ;)

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

Wasn't expecting an epilogue, but damn glad we got one! = D

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

Yeeeeeeeessssssss! It's back, it's back, it's finally back! I've been waiting so long to see how their story continues!

I know that feel! Why does this take soooooo long between chapters?!! = (

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

I don't think i understood the ending :(

The ending was a flashback to the second chapter, showing that for all this time Nako has been hoping she can stay here with her friends.

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

I really like this, tho i can't help but feel that the author missed a trick by having one of the girls telepathically know the others thoughts. I feel like this could've been a much more powerful story about two girls overcoming the language barrier and becoming close to one another. Tho i do suppose that there have been others who've done such (tho i can't think of such a yuri off the top of my head) and the telepathy does make this somewhat unique.

It's not exactly a normal girl understanding a mute girl, but there is a manga that is entirely "silent". As in no speech bubbles and the reader has to understand the context from what's going on in each panel. Called Joshikausei .

I've come across a few mangas like that and they can be quite interesting so i'll check it out. = )

"I feel like the author made a mistake because I wanted a serious, emotional romance story but instead they drew a fluffy comedy, they really messed up by not writing a completely different plot just for me"

Yeah, you're right that's basically what i'm sayin' ain't it? I do like the cute stuff but frankly i find series and emotional explorations of these relationships far more satisfying so i'm probably just yearning for such a series that explores this issue.

There are stories sort of similar to that. https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/spring_a_minuet comes to mind, and also https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/present#2

Or Koe no Katachi, though that's not yuri.

I forgot about "Spring, a Minuet", which is a lovely, cute but also serious exploration of such two girls overcoming such a communication barrier. "Present" is one of my favourites but it doesn't really explore communication as an obstacle, this blindness of one of the girls is rather used as a means for the other to come to terms with her self-loathing over the disparity between her outward appearance and her inner thoughts and feelings.

I haven't read Koe no Katachi... but then i don't really read non-yuri romance (i have a lot of hang-ups about the male gender).

last edited at Dec 18, 2019 3:31PM

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

I really like this, tho i can't help but feel that the author missed a trick by having one of the girls telepathically know the others thoughts. I feel like this could've been a much more powerful story about two girls overcoming the language barrier and becoming close to one another. Tho i do suppose that there have been others who've done such (tho i can't think of such a yuri off the top of my head) and the telepathy does make this somewhat unique.

This is very cute tho.

last edited at Dec 17, 2019 2:18PM

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

Yeah, this really did feel like it just rushed itself to the end in the final chapter. A perfectly acceptable ending but it is frustrating to see a story that had so much more potential end this way.

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

I find myself constantly thinking these days that this is the best manga that i am currently reading.

There are others with much deeper stories or better art but ultimately this is the one that's always guaranteed to put a smile on my face and making me feel good about life. Even simply seeing that there's a new chapter to read is enough to make me feel ecstatic! = D

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

Another great example of a manga i was really really getting into... that then stops suddenly!

Nothing wrong with the end itself but rather the story is so short that it doesn't feel like there's much to it. And that is such a shame because i truly believe we have the beginnings of a great slice of life yuri story with so much left to explore. We just won't get too... . = (

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

Neat story but I think it needed more visual distinctiveness between the characters in the story and the characters in reality.

I think the lack of distinctiveness is on purpose what with the MC's blatant denial of her own feelings/desires.

Yeah, it's intended to both show that and to intentionally confuse you. If they didn't make them identical, the twist wouldn't be as sudden when they say the names,

Exactly.

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

Neat story but I think it needed more visual distinctiveness between the characters in the story and the characters in reality.

I think the lack of distinctiveness is on purpose what with the MC's blatant denial of her own feelings/desires.

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

Its 2019 we don't have to make yuri like this anymore guys

Whether or not general attitudes have changed (in many countries it has not) people are still going to struggle with these sorts of issues.

Confessing your love can be hard enough when you are sure that your sexuality and theirs align. LGBTQ people have the added concern that not only they may not align but the other party may completely reject them for that being who they are.

BlurredExistence
Amanchu! discussion 16 Apr 17:27
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

What characters are being shipped by the fans should be neither here nor there. Fans will always ship characters they like any-which-way they so choose and damn the canon! Besides subtext to me is more about hope than certainty, the hope of something more wonderful being hidden just out of sight, and so does not need to be addressed in any way. For as long as it remains ambiguous it both is and isn't (is for those who want it and not for those who don't) allowing us all to be happy readers and authors.

The unfortunate thing here is that in (we assume) reacting to this issue the author has upturned the dynamic of the manga in a rather serious way, introducing a range of elements that up until this point had not existed. As a result it has created a slight sense of distance between Pikari and Dotty, where none had existed before, and in contrast to what the story had been about; the growing depth of their friendship with each other. It is extremely jarring!

This was also done in a rather brutal manner so i am unsurprised why people are reacting to it the way they are or how it has been interpreted the way it has. To me it's a shame because the focus here has been so forced that it feels the story has jumped tracks entirely and now going onwards i'll no longer be reading a heart warming tale of this wonderful friendship but now instead it seems it'll be random school and diving stuff with some sort of mediocre romance tacked on.

last edited at Apr 16, 2018 5:50PM

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

I'm gonna be soo sad when it's over! This has been a brilliant manga, so funny, so different and (chapter 8-9) so touching. This is definitely one of those that'll leave me feelin' like there's a void in my life once it's over.

last edited at Aug 11, 2015 6:51PM

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

I bloody love Takemiya Jin's work! However, with how negative many of her stuff's been lately you've gotta wonder if maybe she's been thru some sort of messy breakup or something?

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

This has such powerful imagery it's impossible not to feel something when reading it, and i'm saying that still after having done so so many many many times. Definitely one of my all time favourite love stories.

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

Well that ending just jumped out of the bushes and scared the shit out of me! Seriously i was just walkin' along enjoying the latest chapter and then suddenly: TIMESKIP! O.o

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

This is one of the best written things i've ever come across. Not only does it broach on really complicated ideas and theorems but it manages to blend them so well into the story that it all becomes incredibly compelling and never feels like exposition.

This gripped me in a way that i've rarely been gripped by any form of media entertainment, a damn fine manga!

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

"From now on we walk holding hands."

A great way to end a Yuri. = )

BlurredExistence
Gamma discussion 04 Feb 23:35
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

I'm starting to feel like this may be the kind of manga I want to let finish before I read it all at once.

I think i know what you mean. Like getting stuck on a particularly harsh chapter for a couple of months yearnin' for the next one to come along and take the bad feels away.

BlurredExistence
Stretch discussion 04 Feb 23:32
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

As much as i'm lovin' and enjoying this manga i am starting to wonder when exactly is it going to get to the point? Be it yuri or not, an romance manga or not, it does currently feel like it's just turning over without actually doing much. Again, don't get me wrong, i'm loving getting to know these characters but when is something actually going to happen to them?

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

^I used to agree with that sentinment entirely until i watched ef: A Tale of Memories for the first time. The love triangle in that is resolved so wonderfully that it absolutely proved to me, a hardened cynic, that such a situation could end for the better.

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

I thought i was managing to follow this and then chapter 8 was released. O.o

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

3 simple words: MORE. OF. THIS!

BlurredExistence
Love DNA XX discussion 21 Nov 16:41
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

I also don't buy this world's setting, why the heck would you so religiously stick to gender division when it no longer exists? Why limit the possibilities for social growth by arbitrarily deciding that someone will take on one role or another without waiting to find out what sort of person they shall become upon reaching adulthood (seriously this would be a stupid idea in THIS day and age for crying out loud, let alone in one where physical and mental differences between genders no longer exist!).

You say that as if our world is free from the same divisions? Well it certainly isnt, id say the world in the manga is a reflection of this world just distorted a bit here and there.... anything and everything you do in life wether your gay straight or trans, people always want to assign some sort of label...its because these old systems of roles a person must take on are in place, wether embedded in our culture, and yes even our pop culture, or if the tradition off teaching is still being practiced...id say right now a change is happening, but there will still be opposition protests and possibly centuries before people realize that the necessity of this system is no longer necessary

Err no, that's not how i said it at all, i would've thought the words "let alone" would have made it clear that i am more than aware of the existence of such divisions within our world.

I get what the Mangaka's trying to say with this Manga, it's not hard to figure it out, but i just don't buy it's setting and that's where i have the problem. I don't buy that should one of the genders be completely eliminated from our world then the other will willingly take it upon itself to decide itself in half and impose all the discrimination and prejudices that had been based upon the physical and mental differences between two diverse genders upon themselves. You can say it's the way of the world now but we ain't talking about the way the world is now, the cultural significance you're talking about is based on a world in which both genders exist and would have to go thru a fundamental change should one or the other cease to be (to the point where it would make more sense to discard many of them rather than try to force illogical change). Just as much as human nature has it's irrational emotional side it also has a logical practical and this makes absolutely no logical nor practical sense.