Forum › Posts by The Red Dart

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

Whaaaat no poly ending!? No way! That makes me so unsatisfied! Apparently there’s one chapter left, but I don’t see how it can have a satisfying conclusion now. The introduction of the teachers being poly was clear foreshadowing, otherwise those parts of the series would be COMPLETELY POINTLESS. I will be very disappointed if the author doesn’t fix this, because it’s what the series has teased the entire time. You don’t introduce the concept into the story and not use it at all. It’s poor writing to take time and use pages go emphasize a potential plot point then do nothing with it. It’s bad storytelling

Also this feels SO RUSHED, like the pacing has been terrible the last 4 chapters

last edited at Jan 13, 2022 7:21AM

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

Nice

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

You know something I've always found strange about these school mangas is the supreme power the student council seems to wield. Like back when I went to high school I know we had one but I don't think I ever knew who they were.

Pretty sure it’s cultural differences, Japan’s schools give student councils more power. I was in the student council for my high school and all we did was host school spirit events and stuff.

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

HOLY SHIIIII
That was fantastic! I’ve been wanting that president to get his ass beat for months now! But omg where is the series going now! I’m so hyped! I really hope Akita’s dad and the prez both actually die by the end of the series, the author has done a fantastic job of portraying them as true monsters!

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

Can’t say I enjoyed it. Run away with me girl was great but this wasn’t nearly as good. It wasn’t even depressing, just made me feel bummed. The ending was a let down for me, although it is appropriate. Don’t like Nacchan at all, she pretty much dug her own grave. Kyouko was fine, her part in the story was pretty sad but I’m glad she’s moving on. The sister was kinda meh, didn’t like how she led the guy on but at least she’s cool now. I think I’m just gonna try and flush it from my memory and find something better

last edited at Nov 11, 2021 5:16AM

joined Apr 6, 2021

laughs in universal healthcare

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

Dammit why’d they have to spoil this series with cross dressing?

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

i know lots of people dislike shiho and probably feel no sympathy towards her but i’ve always liked her and after this extra i feel kind of awful.. shiho was already clearly torn after finding out himari was dating yori this whole time once she confided in her so i can only imagine what her reaction would be once she finds out momoka and haji are close with kyou.

i wish the storytelling of this manga was paced better and it was less throwing things in randomly, maybe then it would be more appealing to others

i also wish that they would allow more chances for shiho to show Some redeeming qualities because at this rate they’re throwing her into situations where Anyone would react badly but it just seems worse coming from her because she was already an ass to people in the past, which leads to people disliking her even more.

I can’t find any sympathy for Shiho because I’m pretty much every scene she appears in, she is incredibly antagonist, conflictive and unlikeable. She is rude to everyone except her new band mates and Hima. Her backstory did nothing for me at all, she realized she wasn’t the best at violin and grew to hate her best friend because she was better than her. She clearly has low self esteem, but the way she acted to her friend just made me feel nothing towards her. I think what makes people dislike her so much is her narcissism and refusal to compromise. The author is going to have to make some serious changes if they want the majority of the audience to see Shiho in a positive light by the end of the story.

i’m not sure where this manga is even going anymore but all i’m hoping for is that it won’t be resolved with some “shiho was doing all of this because she loved aki” thing because that would be incredibly disappointing. i’d like to see a situation where shiho is forced to come to terms with her actions and not just brush it off with some cheesy tsundere rivals to lovers plot

I think this is one thing that almost EVERYONE can agree on. It would be the most predictable and boring way to take things. Your suggestion would be a much better, more refreshing, and more satisfying way to take things. But the way the story feels like it’s going, it seems like the author is taking the easy way out. And that is just so disappointing:(

last edited at Oct 22, 2021 9:49PM

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

I’m not happy with how the story is taking things. Hima just sitting there and accepting all of this is ridiculous, and Shiho is still a terribly unlikeable character. Hima doesn’t even consider what her girlfriend thinks. I get she’s trying to resolve the conflicts, but at this point it just makes me angry with every new chapter. I get Hima is a good person trying to help her friends, but it just is not going to work, and it makes Hima’s airheadedness come off like she is actually an idiot. And why does Hima agree to be the manager for the team that goes against her girlfriend!? Does she not see that Shiho is using her as a bargaining chip!? The last four chapters have completely taken me out of the story, Hima trying to make Shiho and Aki get along, Shiho’s unsympathetic backstory, and Shiho taking advantage of Hima’s idiocy are all terrible developments to the story. I pray the author can bring it back, because in just four chapters, this story has gone off the rails and I even removed it from my favourites list.

And if it actually turns out that Shiho left the band because she was in love with Aki, but was unrequited because Aki was in love with Yori, I will be INCREDIBLY PISSED. That is such a predictable and boring scenario that it completely brings down the story for me. In that scenario, the biggest conflict could literally be resolved if Shiho says “I like you.” That’s just bad storytelling. And if Shiho and Aki somehow get together in the end, then that would just be a slap in the face.

last edited at Oct 21, 2021 1:51AM

joined Apr 6, 2021

Wait is she heartbroken because she can’t have Kurumi or because she can have Yoroizuka? The way it’s presented seems a little unclear

last edited at Oct 3, 2021 2:14AM

The Red Dart
Hitwomen discussion 16 Sep 19:11
joined Apr 6, 2021

This would be an amazing series if it could get serialized

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

I like where this is going….

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

Huh… that was a lot to take in lol. I think I like it? Not a fan of the cross dressing dude, and after reading one chapter I think part of my brain has definitely melted… but it’s certainly got potential

last edited at Sep 8, 2021 3:18AM

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

Wait what? Is it really over? That kinda came out of nowhere, especially considering the original series had 18 chapters. I mean I loved every page and this I’m glad we got a sequel series at all, but what? I can’t believe this is the end. It just feels like there was a lot more story that was supposed to be told here. Like there was more planned but the series got cut short? Unless Morishima Akiko is a genius and plans to do ANOTHER SEQUEL!? That’d be amazing lol. But I still wish we got more of this

Talk about some bad timing on our part. I'll definitely be reconsidering this tagging in the near future, especially given that the series doesn't appear to be ending anytime soon?

Also this comment didn’t age very well lol, only 4 months later

last edited at Sep 2, 2021 10:49PM

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

I didn’t expect to love this series so much when I first came across it a couple months ago. But the characters were just so charming that I just wanted to see more of their every day lives. I’m sad it’s over, but those 21 chapters we got were something special. I can definitely say this one is a new favourite of mine, and they definitely deserve that single bedroom

joined Apr 6, 2021

Aweeeee man I love these two, this series does an amazing job expressing its characters especially in this chapter. I think this series really is gonna be one of my favourites

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

This felt like it's been going on for long time... Then you realise, IT'S ONLY ON CHAPTER TWENTY! This is actually a pretty short series but because of chapter release rate, it feels triple the length. Probably ending soon but it has been good.

Ahhhh no don’t jinx it! I want this one to make it to at least 40 chapters!

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

Ahhhhh my heart! That confession was too painfully bittersweet for me. Thank god yuina is there to pick up the pieces!

last edited at Aug 25, 2021 10:33PM

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

Ohsawa Yayoi is probably my favourite yuri author, all of her one shots are amazing and Hello Melancholic is probably my favourite yuri series. Shame it was cancelled but I’d love to see a full series of this!

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

Glad to know I’m not the only one whose been traumatized by piano teachers lmao

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

Her resolution could just as well be her succeeding. Shiho has failed in the past which is why she's like now, so all I think her failing would do is cause her to double down on the mentality she has right now; but having her win but still not get what she really wants might actually challenge the views.

That’s also a plausible way things could go. Having her win may actually have the same effect, as I believe that winning would be what causes her to double down. A major arc of hers is learning it’s okay not to be the best, so one could say losing would help her grow, while winning could tech her that her stance is correct. However I believe it could go either way. I suspect that no matter what, her actions are going to lead to everyone alienating her, because that would be the the most effective development to show her how wrong her viewpoint truly is. And for the reader, based on my experience with this story and the vast majority of of the commenters on this forum, it would be the most satisfying conclusion to her part in the story

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

I honestly can’t stand Shiho. Her personality and egotism is just unbearable. If she has feelings for Aki like the comment above me suggests, and which I am inclined to believe, she should not end up with her or anyone else at the end. I can’t understand why Hima would even want to remain friends with her after the way she acted this chapter.

Bit of a writing lesson here, but bear with me: To make an effective antagonist in any story there must be stakes, tension and resolution. Shiho takes Hima from Yori and makes her their new manager if they win, raising the stakes. Shiho’s band is objectively the better band and is more likely to win, aka tension. Finally we will need resolution to her character, which is the downfall. Shiho must fail, and lose something significant. It is the only way an antagonist can have a satisfying conclusion, otherwise the reader is left thinking “that it?” or “what was the point of that?” That’s why Shiho must not get her way.

joined Apr 6, 2021

A yuri OL X Android!? Holy shit sign me up right now!

The Red Dart
joined Apr 6, 2021

Poor Micchan, what a trash first love of her. I don’t know why Kiyo-chan is so shameless showing her face and go on trips, killing the mood of telling she had sex with her fiancé and unknowingly got pregnant. Fucking slut. But well, she got what she deserves choosing an asshole husband fucking with a long time affair and while she sulking in pain of her wrong decision.

I mean, I don’t know if I would use the word “slut”, that seems a little exaggerated and uncalled for. Weak-willed, self hating coward would be a much more accurate description. This series is doing an amazing job portraying the challenges of homosexuality in that time period, but Kiyo still could have done more if she tried. Micchan definitely should’ve cut ties and moved on from her, because everything she said to Kiyo was nothing but the truth: she made her decision. And She has to bear with the well deserved consequences of her actions. She absolutely got what she deserved

last edited at Aug 17, 2021 10:50PM

The Red Dart
Liberty discussion 15 Aug 18:33
joined Apr 6, 2021

The comments are genuinely the most entertaining part of this series. Seeing literally everyone here this terrible series warms my heart like nothing else.

Now as for this chapter specifically, I lagged out loud when Liz stopped that slap. I expected a lot of things after last chapter’s cliffhanger, but that completely exceeded my expectations in the most underwhelming way. Author dangled just a bit of hope that Maki would stand up for herself and snatched it away from us in the worst way possible.
Liz is still blind to the shit she’s putting Maki through, but it looks like she’s gonna get her heart broken by her ex again. I can only hope that when she goes running to Maki that she gets the door shut in her face. But after this chapter, I think a lot of us can guess where it goes from here.

I want nothing more than for Liz to have a “bad ending” as penance for the egotism, selfishness, and arrogance that have been her only character traits throughout the story. It would also be amazing if Sumire actually faces major repercussions for her shittyness but who knows at this point? There was an excellent comment by Blastaar a few hour ago about how it could not be more clear what the author wants the reader to feel, while the reader does not feel that way at all. And that is the truest part of this manga.

It is not possible to hope for a decent ending to this story, and all we can do is laugh as it fails to meet its mark, struggles to reach an ending, and slowly fades into obscurity as one of the most poorly written romance mangas ever put to page

See you all in 2 months when we come back to shit on this series again!

last edited at Aug 15, 2021 6:40PM