Forum › Posts by sir.AnGer

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

I don't think this is just the price for the pizza itself. The flyer called it a "gourmet set", so it's likely more akin to a dinner combo deal you'd get at a chain restaurant with additional dishes on the side. It's also for an L-sized menu item.

sir.AnGer
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

I know this is four years old, but it's always nice to see NanoFate.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

So Dahlia is in on whatever is going on behind the scenes? Is she secretly the demon lord from another timeline or something?

Spoilers from the manhua:
No, the demon lord is an entirely different person from Dahlia altogether and her role overall seems still unexplained. The actual demon lord should show up in the next chapter or two of the novel.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

That description of the dream was way hornier than in the manhua.

Also it seems the EN translation of the novel is slowly catching up to the manhua and now I'm curious about how it will handle the next plot line.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Ooooh, more Kamen Rider references:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/after_school_re_reincarnation_ch10#5

That card gun is VERY similar to KR Diend's Diendriver from KR Decade. Also the Spirit Golem is clearly inspired by old-school mecha anime (and more modern revivals of that like SSSS.Gridman which this specifically reminds me of).

Huh. I figured that was supposed to be a Yu-Gi-Oh reference.

Cards are how the Riders in Decade (aired in 2009) transform and also activate their powers. Tsukasa Kadoya, the main rider uses a belt called "Decadriver", and Daiki Kaito, the secondary Rider uses a gun-shaped tool named "Diendriver". By loading cards collected from other Riders, both can utilize their powers, which for Diend includes summoning monsters.

Another KR series involving a card motif is Kamen Rider Blade (aired 2004) and it also features a gun with cards, the Garren Rouzer used by Kamen Rider Garren, but since the function here is closer to the Diendriver's, I think this is what sometime was referencing.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Ooooh, more Kamen Rider references:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/after_school_re_reincarnation_ch10#5

That card gun is VERY similar to KR Diend's Diendriver from KR Decade. Also the Spirit Golem is clearly inspired by old-school mecha anime (and more modern revivals of that like SSSS.Gridman which this specifically reminds me of).

sir.AnGer
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/alcohol_and_ogre_girls_ch12#8

Small correction: The spirits in a classic martini are Gin and Dry Vermouth, for some reason it says "Dry Belmont" here?

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Didn't expect the demon nun to use holy magic, though if this is the sort of world where that's just inherently inimical to them, that's dumb.

Could very well be that demons are, for the most part, just a humanoid species within the game's world and I suspect that Dahlia may not be a full demon (in the chapter where her demonic nature is revealed, special attention is given to the full moon which influences her appearance), so she's possibly more tolerant of casting holy magic than a full-fledged demon.

sir.AnGer
Yurikon discussion 27 Sep 23:44
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

so like either I've read this multiple times before somehow and don't remember or more yuri oneshots like making cats look like tiny children to symbolize their place in the household than I thought. Either way this was fun. Sure did suspect she was a cat the moment she notably scratched her onee-chan.

There's at least three of these here on the site:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/me_and_you_and_her_sofa

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kanon_sans_little_cutie

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/chaako_sans_little_cuties

(If you haven't read any of these, the first is part of an anthology, while the latter two are prequel (Kanon) and sequel (Chaako))

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Wait no one is questioning the fact the company only had one brand new plate, or that the one plate costs the rough equivalent of 10,000 dollars? Who buys a freaken 10G plate and just lends it to the company staff to use? Lol

My guess is that it was some sort of ornamental plate. Like, sometimes people will just buy nice-looking stuff and prop it up and if that's some nice, rare or even one-of-a-kind plate from some master craftsman... 10k is probably still unreasonable, but closer to the ballpark of what it'd actually cost.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Maybe it's just a cultural thing, but if Michiru doesn't want to be thought of as cute, why doesn't she do things to make herself not seem cute? Hair length, for one. Mannerisms can be learned/changed. From what we've been told she doesn't go along with it for any specific reason or maybe I missed it, so why not just out and say as such? I guess she just needs to learn to assert herself more, and this leader role in dancing is just the first step.

I think most of it is outside pressure and it's supposed to mirror Kiki's personal conflict as someone who wants to be "cute/feminine" but due to their physical features is pegged into roles that are perceived as "masculine" by their larger social circle.

In Michiru's case, she's been overly sheltered from anything that could potentially cause her harm, even if it is minor (see the incident with the ball game in this chapter) and while she probably understands some of the measures taken to protect her, her desire to be more "masculine" clashes with the perception her social circle (and possibly society) has of her.

Or, as a tl;dr, this manga is pretty much the phrase "gender is a construct" as a work of fiction.

sir.AnGer
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Oh, their poipiku is active again? Lovely, good thing I followed them when they still posted to Twitter.

sir.AnGer
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

I miss this artist. They made some great NozoEli stuff (including their NSFW futa works), but asshats had to bully them off the web.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

I expected the general theme of Michiru's background, but uh... almost getting kidnapped and then becoming more sheltered isn't what I had on my books.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

In the left side of the layout of the house, is that the bathroom? the way I see it, first you enter the laundry area and the bath is behind, but that window is really big and low for a bath! I am in confusion, someone guide me through this house, the right side seems all fine but I don't get the labyrinth of the left, it's also really cramped.

The door with the big window right next to it is the main door, from there you enter some entryway which then leads to the main room, to the left there's bathroom prefab and the two adjacent rooms are probably a separate room for the toilet and the shower/bathtub respectively. So yeah, it's a bathroom but separated into three parts (for ease of access while also maintaining some level of privacy if more than one person lives there).

EDIT: If you look at the pieces of the floor plan on the last page of the bonus chapter, the one on the upper left shows the exact make-up of that space. The bit with the tiled floor in the back is where the bathtub and shower are located, the L-shaped room is the main bit of the bathroom and the small separate area is likely where the toilet is.

last edited at Sep 10, 2022 4:40PM

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Also scumbag's parents are wealthy from what we've seen, I wouldn't be shocked if they pulled some strings to try and secure a future place of employment for her.

Guess I was a little further off but not too far.

Kinda feel for Makino here, having no real ideas for the future but having nagging parents who want to push you into stuff for... whatever reason isn't something I'm personally unfamiliar with.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Shipper is about to be on deck. I repeat, shipper is about to be on deck.

sir.AnGer
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021
4457m01ywhl91

Too much pink energy is dangerous!

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Isn't Scummy-chan supposed to study to get into a good college?
Then what the hell is this about a job?

If her asshole parents want her to start working immediately at a full-time job, then there's no point in all this preparation for college exams that she won't have a chance to take! Something is very wrong here. I don't think it's a matter of translation nuance, so it has to be some implied meaning that we won't catch until next chp.

Going by what I've seen in other Japanese media, high school pupils fill out a future career survey form by year 2 which I suppose is used to help them pick a college and from there on out, possible future places of employment, maybe even in combination with an internship?

Also scumbag's parents are wealthy from what we've seen, I wouldn't be shocked if they pulled some strings to try and secure a future place of employment for her.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Another side couple that is likely getting brought together by the main couple advancing before them?

Not saying this looks like a trend, but after reading Hello Melancholic, Can't Defy The Lonely Girl and Anemone is in Heat, this kinda looks like a trend.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

I suspect Michiru's dislike for cutesy is the same as Kiki's dislike for being the leader at dance - they're essentially pigeonholed into their roles in life due to their respective height without concern for what interests them as people.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Love me some manga/anime set in the Taisho era. Staying for this, even though it's probably going to stay subtextual.

sir.AnGer
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021
Luuxiriver-1548104367404122112-img1

For a series that has gender-bending yuri baked right into its DNA, I'm mildly surprised at how little (explicit) yuri material there is for Ranma.

sir.AnGer
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

At this point, Tongtong's mom needs to take a verbal sledgehammer and bring it down on Lin Luxi's mom's thick skull.

Like, just tell her their daughters are going out, you support them no matter what and if she doesn't want to alienate literally everyone in her life (seeing how things are going with her husband) she'd better cut it out with the goddamn homophobia.