Forum › Posts by Ju Lilac

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

Tickle play is really cruel, no wonder it is/was used as torture tool. But it's fun when it's between two consenting adults (or people who know what they're doing).

Ju Lilac
Sister Play discussion 08 Nov 05:43
Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

Marimite in 2021. Yup, this year's totally weird. (Not that I disliked the doujin, though.)

I literally had ZERO interest in yuri anything before reading Marimite. Interestingly, after I heard of it, I couldn't find it in English and I didn't want to spend a couple months painstakingly reading the Japanese original. Then I found a version in French. So all the soeur stuff was literally like "Soeur in French is Soeur" which is amusing, or "Your little sister, which means little sister." But anyway, Marimite was so well-written I looked for other stuff like it and it was all manga and doujins I think Strawberry Panic was next and then Oneesama E and Utena and then Sailor Moon (to understand the doujins) and so on. Then I found people like Morinaga Milk, etc.

I discovered a French version of Welcome to the NHK about that time and it was well-written too, but for some reason I got the idea fixed in my head that the yuri writers tended to be extraordinarily talented. And the writers from Morinaga Milk going forward really were.

I have watched and rewatched Maria-sama ga Miteru the series, and the live action version was the very first movie in Japanese that I watched without any subtitles and understood the whole movie. My conviction that Japanese yuri writers are amazing hasn't changed, although it's been tempered.

I'm not debating if Marimite is good or not, just saying it's pretty dated. Same with Strawberry Panic! and many others from early 2000's. But I'm not saying they don't have their relevance/importance/impact, so I think you misinterpreted what I said.

We still have a lot of clichés and tropes in a lot of GL/BL media, so I wouldn't say these authors are "amazing." Of course, I'm not saying they aren't good either, just that I have other opinion regarding their works.

(Plus, for NHK ni Youkoso!, I think it's still pretty actual and relevant nowadays, even for a series from the early 2000's.)

Ju Lilac
Sister Play discussion 07 Nov 20:54
Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

Marimite in 2021. Yup, this year's totally weird. (Not that I disliked the doujin, though.)

Ju Lilac
School Zone discussion 25 Oct 14:10
Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

Decided to read this in a moment of boredom, now I've bingeread it. Rooting for Kaname x Tsubaki x Hiroko poly route.

Ju Lilac
Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

Why is considered cute to speak in third person?? I don't think it's cute or childish (tbh I have never seen a child speak like in that way) But I think it's confused lol
Is it something cultural? or am I the only one who thinks like this?

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThirdPersonPerson

Useful information that covers more than Wikipedia's article on illeism.

Ju Lilac
By My Side discussion 24 Sep 16:41
Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

I love me some tragedy.

Ju Lilac
Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

I think they missed the "what" before "the act," but "the act" is pretty much sex. So, in other words, we have a girl who doesn't know what sex is and her girlfriend who made her feel good.

But yeah, this title is a bit confusing.

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

it´s this a josei yuri manga, isn´t?

No, this is a hentai.

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

A while ago I said,

damn, I really asked too much from this hentai.

But now it seems we're going somewhere -- at least I hope we are. Nonetheless, I'm starting to doubt my previous statements regarding the plot. lol

Also, is this my impression or are we going from "lots of sex" to "moderate amounts of sex?" Not that I complain, though.

last edited at Sep 9, 2021 9:48AM

Ju Lilac
Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

When you like the art, the tropes, and even the plot, but sex is too much it makes all go to waste. Welp.

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

Sometimes I can't help but think what the fuck do these kids eat to be that strong. This, or the adults are too squishy.

Nonetheless, I don't know why I read this...

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

I didn't expect that

Ju Lilac
Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

Unsubscribed. I don't mind some fanservice here and there, but I do mind cheap, poorly executed, forced fanservice.

At first I was like, "alright, this much I can bear," but then the author crossed the line. Yeah, not following this anymore.

Ju Lilac
Semelparous discussion 19 Aug 06:44
Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

Unsubscribed. I thought it was "okay-ish," but turns out it's worse than a lot of mangas I've already read. The tags didn't really bother me, but the lack of consistency in the (supposed) story killed the mood. Yeah, ta-ta.

Ju Lilac
Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

While i agree that bisexual with cheating is way overdone, the 'i thought i was het before meeting X" can be quite cute when done well and without the cheating.

Yeah, you're not wrong at all. The only problem with this is the author crossing the "I'm gay for you" line. Writers (not only mangakas) have to be really careful when trying this approach, otherwise we're leaving a trope to enter another.

last edited at Aug 15, 2021 10:23PM

Ju Lilac
Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

isn't the group translating this called "what's in a name scans" ? it says "no group" for the moment

anyways, read Her Pet by Pito for more ridiculous and weird pet play

Pito's works are utterly shit, and I (unfortunately) have read them all. But this is not the right place to discuss about them.

Ju Lilac
Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

Why does most of the material with bisexual tag ends up having a cheating tag.
Besides that.. I'm on the NYA team hahaha I love this mangaka.

T_T

Maybe it's because bisexual comes with the trope "I thought I was het before meeting her/him," and usually has some kind of cheating before the main character comes out to their lover and says, "oh, I realized I love this girl/boy, sorry, let's break up." I don't like it either, to be honest, and I've seen it in both GL and BL stories.

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

I always like when I see Brazilian references in other works.

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

It’s always nice to see something from Mira, but I don’t think I’ll EVER understand S&M

Please don't take this story, or really most yuri bdsm stories, as what an actual bdsm or S&M relationship looks like. If you want to read something that shows, as close as possible(everyone's "bdsm" is different), what an actual BDSM relationship is like read Sunstone by Stjepan Sejic. This has been my public service announcement.

Or Lilith by SIRIUS, though it costs money.

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

Oh? It seems I didn't understand what you were saying then, apologies. I thought you were saying the main problem with this comic was that it doesn't have a plot. Which I simply think the basic plot services this little series just fine. I know I'm a bit wordy and over think things, but no need to go "sheesh" with me haha, I wasn't trying to be serious or anything, and I was only making some what I thought was casual conversation about it.

"Sheesh" is my way of swearing, since I don't usually say "jeez," "my god," etc. in any context. Anyway, my point was the lack of plot besides the basic plot you explained. I owe you an apology as well, I sounded kinda rude without any reason.

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

A basic plot is still a plot. "A niece comes out to her aunt, and they have a lot of sex", it's not a lot but it's still a basic plot. If the author just wants to write a bit of drama, and a lot of sex, I don't see why they'd need to do more than that. The very simple plot services the main goal of "tons of sex" just fine imo.

Goodness me, you got my point. Sheesh.

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

;-; Why am I still reading this again?

Because

as a hentai it at least does a great job.

Just kidding(?). The setting is actually nice -- even though I'm not a fan of incest I have to admit it -- but it lacks a plot. And you know, plot is the last thing you're going to find in a hentai.

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

Previously I said,

Maybe I'm asking too much of this hentai, but I still wish Titiduki won't get this derailed. Maybe a drama arc comes as a fresh start in this series, who knows.

But now it comes to,

Ah, the Stockholm syndrome route.

I wouldn't call it "Stockholm syndrome" per se, but damn, I really asked too much from this hentai. If we had a chapter with conflict + resolution, it'd be the same as putting chapters 5 and 6 together.

Oh well, as a hentai it at least does a great job. Looking forward to seeing the excuse for "lots of sex" in the next chapter.

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

Let's put things this way and make this ordeal easier to understand: If not for Doona, Gyerin wouldn't even have gotten this GL side story. The end.

If you guys want to believe anything others said instead of trying to see things with your own eyes and have your own opinion regarding the matter, once again it's your choice. No one here is trying to coerce or force you to believe the other way around, but as I stated previously you're just helping to spread the hate seed -- and believe me, indirectly contributing to even more serious stuff.

Please give Mari a break, would you, and at least try to take into consideration what she's saying before deciding whether or not you're going to agree or dissgree with her. If anything, I'm siding with her now because I've never known someone as passionate as her regarding Korean comics.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm outta here. The topic has derailled a lot already.

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

There are certain things that I have been told about Gyerin in Sadistic Beauty and that is that the protagonist of that story has treated her badly, even forced her to participate in a threesome with a man when she is clearly a lesbian and even knowing that Gyerin had feelings for her, she continued using her like a sex toy and gave her hope for a future together.

This is such bullshit. Y’all should really read the whole comic before shitting on a character you don’t even know.

First of all, Doona NEVER treated Gyerin badly; in fact, her relationship with Gyerin was the healthiest one.

Secondly, Doona also NEVER forced Gyerin to participate in that threesome - Gyerin was the one who fucking suggested it! What happens in that chapter is that Haesol shows up to talk with Doona, who had just finished having sex with Gyerin. Doona tells Gyerin to go home, Gyerin gets jealous and refuses to leave, so in order to stay with her she suggests the threesome.

Thirdly, Gyerin herself didn’t know that she was a lesbian until she fell in love with Doona. There’s even a scene where Gyerin is telling herself “I’m not a lesbian, I’m not a lesbian, I’m not a lesbian”. It was only confirmed by the author that she was indeed a lesbian and not bisexual on their Q&A in chapter 100.

Finally, Doona NEVER gave Gyerin false hope. From the very beginning, Doona made it very clear to ALL of her partners that she was not interested in being in a serious relationship and Gyerin agreed to being her sex partner in spite of that. Eventually Gyerin confessed that she had feelings for her, Doona reiterated that she only wanted to be friends with benefits, but that didn’t make Gyerin happy anymore so she left. That’s all.

For some reason people love to shit on Doona, who is indeed a flawed character, but not for the actual mistakes that she made. It’s always the “I’ve heard this and that” bullshit. And since no one bothers to read the comic anyway, people buy it. As someone who’s been following this series for practically 5 years now, I’m seriously sick of this. Don’t believe everything people tell you, especially those who never bothered reading the whole thing.

EDIT: I also forgot to add, but after Gyerin confessed her feelings and Doona rejected her, Doona never contacted her again precisely because she didn’t want to take advantage of her feelings. They eventually meet up at some point by coincidence, Gyerin gives her a piece of her mind, Doona feels bad for not being able to give Gyerin what she really wanted (but it’s not like she could choose who she falls in love with), and if I remember correctly, she apologizes for hurting Gyerin, and they both move on.

I second everything Mari said. If you don't want to read the comic, okay, it's your choice. But if you chose not to read it and have your own opinion about its contents, please don't encourage this kind of behavior -- especially when you have absolute no idea about what you're agreeing with.