Forum › Posts by Yuriribs

joined Mar 6, 2018

I could have gotten that sort of plot anywhere, but more cute fooling around with the werewolf girlfriend was only hypothetically available here. And the one-shot didn't deliver. And that's a crime.

It's kind of weird for me. The plot is definitely weak, but the on the other hand most characters were characterized pretty well. I mean, Umi actually gets some growth, going from superficial to fighting to get back together. Ayaka, her friend, also comes over strongly and it makes you believe that she would stick with Umi through the harassment.
On the werewolf side, Asa's heel face turn also seems quite believable. I'm not a big fan of the troublemaker-type of character, but here it fits. The weakest link was Riku for me. She came off quite strong with her talk about forging your own fate, but the twist where she runs away seems to come out of nowhere. Her sister is the one that has to explain it AND it's Umi moving forward again. Riku is just too caught up in the mysterious pretty face trope, which is sad.

On another note, really, what's up with the actual author and their twitter? Can anybody shed some light on that? I mean, it's kind of duplicitous to say this from someone that is leeching this stuff for free, but I think credit should be where credit is due.

Yuriribs
joined Mar 6, 2018

The last page makes it seem like they will adress the Nio - Maou - Mom triangle soon. Really interested how that would turn out. I think the Mom is actually topping Maou, which in turn makes her want to top Nio, but Nio will find a way to reverse that (maybe with the help of her mom)

Yuriribs
joined Mar 6, 2018

This train has never known brakes. It's actually hilarious how fast this moves - somehow makes me think the author is doing satire.

i dont get this, can someoje explain please? I feel like becoming dyslexic while reading this.

Girl has multiple personalities, doctor tries to cure her. It works, but because one personality kills the others. Upon realizing this, doctor has first breakdown, believing herself responsible for the murder of 100 people. Nevertheless the doctor keeps on treating the final personality. After finishing treatment, the parents want her child back and doctor relents because of aforementioned imagined guilt. However due to coping via drug abuse, the doctor gets in an accident which sends her into a coma.
At this point, the evil doctor takes in the girl, who also wants to become a doctor. Setting up an arranged marriage, the girl gets the necessary funds to study. Years pass and coma doctor and girl meet again. Turns out coma doctor has amnesia and doesn't remember her girl. Through the power of punchship (a special kind of friendship which occurs when you punch people) they get back together and then they fuck.

last edited at Oct 31, 2018 2:10PM

joined Mar 6, 2018

Man when I opened this chapter I thought "Oh look, it's those two, time for my monthly dose of depression.". At page 26-28 I almost fell out of my chair. Pretty good ending overall

joined Mar 6, 2018

This is tearing me apart. The second chapter was really great and they just get along so well. However, now I'm even more scared of them breaking up. This simultaneously amazing and terrible.

joined Mar 6, 2018

Reading this comment section was like reading a treatise on conspiracy theories, pretty hilarious. One thing I didn't really see mentioned:
What a great main character Chitose is. Bold, determined but not over the top, which is quite fresh. She really carried my interest through these first few chapters. I think it's also a smart move to go at it like her - see where this takes me.
Let's hope Touka gets a better character than mysterious senpai though, otherwise it would be a real bummer, because Rikako has already been kind of pingeonholed into the "never tells her true feelings"-camp. Which is also kind of a bummer, because Chitose managed to avoid most tropes and cliche pitfalls as of yet. Would be a shame if this were dragged down because of the weak side-characters/love interests

last edited at Aug 28, 2018 5:36PM

joined Mar 6, 2018

That unadultered dorkiness these characters have is just way too amazing. I mean, what is this even, the confession is all messed up, but that just makes it way better. It's a way more "realistic" awkwardness than the often times forced or tripe anxiety you can read in works with younger characters. Amano Shuninta delivers yet again

Yuriribs
joined Mar 6, 2018

The Kodoma-ing in these extra chapters is getting out of hand. It's also extremely hilarious

The explanation that it's written like a battle manga was pretty insightful, and with that in mind a few scenes are more understandable.

joined Mar 6, 2018

Upon rereading chapter 5, I once more notice the detail on the scarf. It's insane how the structure and surface is depicted. It's actually kind of distracting, especially on pages 4 and 6

Yuriribs
Candy Trap discussion 21 Jul 10:09
joined Mar 6, 2018

Man that last page, it just seems like the author screwed up with the pages and his editor didn't really care and both of them agreed to just put whatever on the bottom half of the page

joined Mar 6, 2018

Someones is definitely playing the long game here

joined Mar 6, 2018

The worst way this could go is that it switches to Asukas point of view when Mikaze already has a new girlfriend and it turns into bitter regret that she couldn't speak up back then. Hate those kind of storylines

Yuriribs
joined Mar 6, 2018

Badpanda

Oh yes! friendship for the win!.... yuri friendship that is.

It's called girlship and this is definitely one

Yuriribs
joined Mar 6, 2018

Finally the story starts moving somewhere. I just wish it would be cut down to around 5 characters. These last few chapters which were actually focused on Kohane, Rekka and Aoi had kind of decent writing. There's a concept now that goes beyond "How can I cram the most melodrama into a single chapter".
However, the afterword made it quite clear to me, that the author had little to no idea what he was doing going into it, so I hope this focus keeps up going forward and not get lost again in a mire of overdetailed worldbuilding and shallow sidecharacters.

Yuriribs
joined Mar 6, 2018

I feel like Mari is just a third wheel here tho... They were hitting it on the two alone and when Mari came Dia stopped being 'in the mood'...

Going to agree here, but it's mostly because the other two got most of the pages before. I still like it though, but just because the three of them together are just great

Yuriribs
Your Warmth discussion 08 Jun 14:36
joined Mar 6, 2018

After rereading it today, I realized something that really stands out to me, but which I hadn't realized before. Both characters have distinct personalities without using the typical male/aggressive trope. They're both women and it reads like that. Another thing that is very typical, the size difference, is also handled much more subtly, which makes it feel more realistic

Yuriribs
joined Mar 6, 2018

Wait, ch 24 is supposed to before ch 23, right? Then how did he get the picture?

Yuriribs
joined Mar 6, 2018

I love how all these characters are off the rails and way too far gone