Forum › Posts by 1992marigold

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Rubyfruit Jungle by Rita Mae Brown. A coming of age story. Incredible when it was written. It was like a dope slap by the Goddess for me.

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

@1992marigold
Do you mean that it's a spread where the image is turned on the side, and thus taller? Either way, I suggest simply combining the pages like this. If you don't have perfect/digital scans (i.e. ones that don't meld together perfectly), you can splice them together by finding the right spacing, and adding a black/white line to fill the space between, like this.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. I, actually, debinded this particular book. Scanned both pages next to each other. They lined up will but there were a number of holes and the line down the middle to repair.

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

On another note, I have been following Yuri Projects guide to resize and save for uploading. A height of 2000 px. I am working with a translator on a seinen, all girl, martial arts manga. This one has some double page spreads. Would I use the same height? This is a first time thing for me.

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Wannabe novice translator here. My Japanese isn't fantastic, but I'm always working on it. Can translate to and from English and Spanish, from Japanese. I have no experience working with this sort of project as of yet.

My most preferred genres: Shoujo, Josei, Romance, Shoujo ai, Yuri, Yaoi, Gender bender, Slice of Life, Comedy, School Life, Drama. Sci-Fi and Fantasy are both fine, as are adult elements, etc etc

If any group is desperate for a translator or proofreader, or is willing to take a newbie under their wing, I would love to help you out.

If you are still reading these posts, I could use some help on Yuri*Kome. One of my translator helpers is very busy and hasn't had much time. Releases are taking 3 to 4 months. Chapter 4 is moving much quicker but I could still use any help I can get.

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

I would say they split the book into 2 parts. The kanji 上 can stand for the first volume of a book, while the kanji下 can denote the last book in a series.
上<星川銀座四丁目
下<星川銀座四丁目

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Crunchyroll will add older series and you will only find them when searching alphabetically.
I have to agree about Miss Kobayashi's dragon maid. The anime has a more overt yuri bent than the manga which seems to be having a slower build up.
I, personally, like the funny, ecchi and even one-sided yuri. I wear my yuri goggles with everything. A lot of people will disdain anime on this list and some you will have to watch a few episodes before you get to anything yurish.
Air Master - if you can get past an EXTREMELY irritating character. The is a one-sided love here and funny.
Bodacious Space Pirates - you'll wonder where the yuri is but there is a side couple who declare their love for each other.
Gakuen Alice
The Nyarko-san series - it's male harem but I love Cuuko who is determined to make Nyarko-san hers. Even though she turns bisexual along the way. I find her hilarious.
R.O.D. - ambiguous yuri, I thought, but it's on some lists and is a good anime to watch on its own merits.
Riddle Story of the Devil -- I haven't watched it but there was a side couple in the manga.

My guilty pleasures, both over the top ecchi in the worst way.
Koihime Musou series- only the general SouSou. Flat out lesbian but only in a few episodes.
Battle Girls- Time Paradox - Flat out bad and a made little sense storyline. One character is secretly in love with another.

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

I was downloading a font today that was free for noncommercial use only. If someone uses one of those fonts, say copying one of the works on this nonprofit website, and then mangafox copies that work to their for profit website is that a violation of the licence?

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Question about Japanes name interpretation. I am toying with another manga to scanlate after YK. I know jumping the gun when YK won't be done for about 18 months at this rate. The manga is Asahinagu and was abandoned years ago after 3 chapters. Meanwhile, the manga is currently at volume 5 or more. Back to the question, one characters given name in the English translation is given as Akiko. When I look up the kanji it is most likely Junko (淳子). How do others handle this type of problem?

Since that name can be read as Junko, Akiko, Atsuko, or Kiyoko, all of which are more or less common names, I'd suggest looking through earlier volumes for furigana.

Unfortunately, this manga seldom uses furigana for anything but the introduction of the major characters. None of the 3rd year members of the naginata team. I got in touch with the Russian typesetter and it turns out that the first scanlation group got the name of the high school wrong, too. The group contacted the mangaka and asked her themselves. I had doubted that the players name was Akiko as the next competitors name uses the most common kanji for Akiko. Also, the Russians used Junko for the first and Akiko for the second.

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Anyone happen to have any complete raws for this series? Having trouble finding any... =A=

Yuri Project has a translation for Ch. 4 and someone must have the raws in order for that translation to have been done. From the YP site it appears that the last communications about it were in 2015. It doesn't appear on their list of dropped projects. It's really a shame because the work done on the first 3 chapters was first rate.

1992marigold
LOVE/DEATH discussion 07 Jan 08:07
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Thanks for translating this last chapter. I wasn't too keen into this manga after reading the first chapter but after the second I thought it was very funny and kinda cute. I've seen part of a couple get jealous when the other just loo at some other girl with admiring eyes. So, taking it to the extreme was funny. Also, a kiss with no spit/drool involved!! Hurray!!

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Question about Japanes name interpretation. I am toying with another manga to scanlate after YK. I know jumping the gun when YK won't be done for about 18 months at this rate. The manga is Asahinagu and was abandoned years ago after 3 chapters. Meanwhile, the manga is currently at volume 5 or more. Back to the question, one characters given name in the English translation is given as Akiko. When I look up the kanji it is most likely Junko (淳子). How do others handle this type of problem?

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Yuri☆Kome could use a JP translation helper. I can do a little translation myself and have 2 helpers now.I can do the easy parts (beginning Japanese student) and my sensei helps with some of the complicated bits (not the yuri parts) and my other helper is now SUPER busy. Chapter 3 needs about 10 pages done to get the release posted. The typesetting and a couple of redraws and it's ready to go. This would be a part time job if you are willing to look over a few pages at a time.
I should have added that you would have access to the entire book in Japanese. I would just ask for help on certain pages and "what do you think?" questions.

last edited at Dec 18, 2016 12:57PM

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

I agree with both of you! I love a series that makes me laugh. Thet are nice pick me ups from crap days after work. I have pre-ordered the English release of Kobayashi no...
I encourage everyone who loves the series to do the same, because once Seven Seas publishes Vol. 1 it will disappear from Dynasty. I ordered from Right Stuf and the release is not till October and the company doesn't charge my card until they ship. Suppor Cool's works!!!

1992marigold
Anime season 28 Aug 09:41
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

I then saw 3 episodes of Amanchu, and not much have happened but it seems... fluffy? It's got this light feel to it. and the art style is very different from anything I've ever seen. Mc's the most blushy thing I've seen in a while, it's rather endearing. The cat (?) is the strangest depiction of a cat I've seen. Oh, and I think the sensei's hella cool

The manga Amanchu is by the same mangaka who did Aqua and Aria. That same weird looking cat is in the manga and anime of Aria. There is a yuri crush in Aria. I love the anime. It has beautiful art, good music and a sweet lyrical quality to it that I find calming and relaxing.
If you don't like those weird chibi faces that Hikari frequently has, you won't like Aria.

last edited at Aug 28, 2016 9:50AM

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

In Yuri Kome there is a misspelled word on
page 3. Should be "because". If needed I can put the corrected page out there to be uploaded again.

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

I'm not sure sure becasue I downloaded volume 9 from forkn and it had chapter 4 with the title and and chapter number erased (?) but on jbox it looks like chapter 4 is in vol. 4?

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Okay, I am trying one more time. Seems mediafire wants you to download one page at a time. So, ignore my last request and I am trying with dropbox this time.

It's cool, I already downloaded the pages. In the future can you Compress the folder into a ZIP/Rar/etc before linking it for upload? I think that's what caused this. Also any idea what issue of Girls Love Story it was in? Thanks for the help and translation.

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Okay, I am trying one more time. Seems mediafire wants you to download one page at a time. So, ignore my last request and I am trying with dropbox this time.

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

I got way behind in my newspaper, but I read the Lifeline sidebar in the March 16th edition of USA Today entitled "Making Waves."
NBC's upcoming reboot of "Xena: Warrior Princess' will make its heroine and sidekick Gabrielle a couple. "There's no reason to bring back Xena if it's not there for the purpose of fully exploring a relationship that could only be shown subtextually in first-run syndication." said executive producer Javier Grill-Marxuach. The updated, openly gay "Xena" is due later this year.
This is the entirety of the article.
woohoo! subtext to full blown yuri. Can't wait.

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Can anyone tell me how to upload something to /u/ or 4 chan? I have no idea how it works or what to do. With the help of some amazingly, kind and helpful people I have been able to finish a chapter of a nice yuri book. I've got no blog, twitter or website so any help on the easiest way to get this out there would be much appreciated. I've got a dropbox and mediafire account.

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Mine is from a manga that hasn't been posted yet. I'm still working on it! The SFX can be "reveal", "unzip" or "undress"

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

But, you have changed Hitori-san you have!!! You have 3 friends now, the rest of the class can't be far behind!

last edited at Feb 8, 2016 2:25PM

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. My heart soared when i saw a new chapter. Payapaya welcome back!! A new battle! Yurika vs. Cecilia-sama. How long can I hold my baited breath?

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

1992marigold posted:

I'm looking for some assistance in doing a little bit of redrawing on one page. A little help with a small bit of translation would be welcome, too. My translation helper is in Japan at the moment but I am in no hurry. This chapter would be almost ready to upload if I could finish these last little things.

How complicated of a page is it?

Not too bad. Two panels. One has a speckled (an airbrushed look) circle that had dialogue through it. The other is part of a uniform. My inability to draw a straight line is hampering me here. :) It is part of the sleeve.

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

I'm looking for some assistance in doing a little bit of redrawing on one page. A little help with a small bit of translation would be welcome, too. My translation helper is in Japan at the moment but I am in no hurry. This chapter would be almost ready to upload if I could finish these last little things.