Forum › Scanlator Recruiting & Project Discussion

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

I'm fairly decent with image editing and can do some assisted translation (not that well though).

I once did a whole page of this Kumiko x Reina doujin as an example of what I can do as a newbie.

Original: http://imgur.com/gzjGjpD
Translation Attempt: http://imgur.com/rx693CE

Reply to this post if anyone is interested in me.

Lililicious can always use more editors, if you're interested.

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

I'd be honored. I'm not certain if I could live up to your standards but I'd try.

If you're interested in Aikatsu! doujinshi (lewd and non-lewd) and is willing to clean every SFX and redraw the pages, I am interested in your services.
January 31st is Kiriya Aoi's birthday and we plan to release 2 books and 1-2 art books on that day. My main concern right now is we only have one cleaner and I'm not sure he's willing to do 2 books.
However, we're not really a popular group and we're currently understaffed. We can't really provide you any benefits (TL and TS support) if you agree to join.

I don't care about lewd or not. In fact, I love lewd stuff. Regardless if you give me more specifics that would be nice.

Lazy_Lily_SHiN Uploader
Aoi-face-template-copy
Lazy Lily
joined Feb 28, 2015

I don't care about lewd or not. In fact, I love lewd stuff. Regardless if you give me more specifics that would be nice.

I've got my eyes set on Nerenai Futari (I got better raws) http://exhentai.org/g/866589/098920d9fc/ and I require you to do the usual thing of removing the text, sfx and place them on a separate layer for toggle ability, then redraw, adjust blacks, etc.

Here's a sample page for you to try out: http://lazylily.moe/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/0011.png

My second option would be to work on Secret x Secret 2 (needs to be scanned) http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=51964806

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Reply to this post if anyone is interested in me.

I can guarantee you wouldn't ever run out of things to do.

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

I'd be honored. I'm not certain if I could live up to your standards but I'd try.

Wonderful! May I email you about it?

joined Jul 22, 2015

Lazy_Lily_SHiN posted:

I've got my eyes set on Nerenai Futari (I got better raws) http://exhentai.org/g/866589/098920d9fc/ and I require you to do the usual thing of removing the text, sfx and place them on a separate layer for toggle ability, then redraw, adjust blacks, etc.

Here's a sample page for you to try out: http://lazylily.moe/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/0011.png

My second option would be to work on Secret x Secret 2 (needs to be scanned) http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=51964806

What file type would you require? Or you could just like separate things that you layer afterward. (I mean, depending I can layer inside a file or outside a file type.)

joined Jul 22, 2015

pkChinensis posted:

Indeed. dWx0cmFicmFpbmlhY0BnbWFpbC5jb20 decrypt with base64

Lazy_Lily_SHiN Uploader
Aoi-face-template-copy
Lazy Lily
joined Feb 28, 2015

What file type would you require? Or you could just like separate things that you layer afterward. (I mean, depending I can layer inside a file or outside a file type.)

A typical PSD file with the text in a layer is usually the best way. Like this one for example: http://lazylily.moe/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Allegro_Break-10.psd

This way I can toggle the original text and match the typesetting, and at the same time be able to produce the cleaned version of the pages with the original Japanese text intact.

last edited at Jan 7, 2016 5:27PM

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

pkChinensis posted:

Did you get my email okay? No rush on replying, just wanted to make sure that I got your address right and the message didn't get put in spam.

joined Jul 22, 2015

pkChinensis posted:

Did you get my email okay? No rush on replying, just wanted to make sure that I got your address right and the message didn't get put in spam.

Yeah it got through. Forgive me I've been very dizzy these last few days and unable to do much.

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

Yeah it got through. Forgive me I've been very dizzy these last few days and unable to do much.

Okay! Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Hope you feel better soon!

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

I'm looking for some assistance in doing a little bit of redrawing on one page. A little help with a small bit of translation would be welcome, too. My translation helper is in Japan at the moment but I am in no hurry. This chapter would be almost ready to upload if I could finish these last little things.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Yuri-ism is currently looking to recruit a experienced cleaner/typesetter. http://yuri-ism.com/about/contact/

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

1992marigold posted:

I'm looking for some assistance in doing a little bit of redrawing on one page. A little help with a small bit of translation would be welcome, too. My translation helper is in Japan at the moment but I am in no hurry. This chapter would be almost ready to upload if I could finish these last little things.

How complicated of a page is it?

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

1992marigold posted:

How complicated of a page is it?

Not too bad. Two panels. One has a speckled (an airbrushed look) circle that had dialogue through it. The other is part of a uniform. My inability to draw a straight line is hampering me here. :) It is part of the sleeve.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

1992marigold posted:

Not too bad. Two panels. One has a speckled (an airbrushed look) circle that had dialogue through it. The other is part of a uniform. My inability to draw a straight line is hampering me here. :) It is part of the sleeve.

If it's pretty simple then I could probably do it for you. Feel free to email me at Onyx_Alpha3173(at)Yahoo.com about it. Sounds like one that shouldn't take too terribly long for me to do.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

1992marigold

My inability to draw a straight line is hampering me here.

I can't draw a straight line either. This may or may not be helpful to you, but when I'm redrawing lines, I usually use the line tool, even if the line curves or weaves. For those, I simply draw it in short segments with the line tool. At least in my case, it comes out much better than using the brush or something; I always end up with ragged lines using that. Well, different methods will work for different people, so this was just a thought.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Yuri Girl 1001 posted:

I can't draw a straight line either. This may or may not be helpful to you, but when I'm redrawing lines, I usually use the line tool, even if the line curves or weaves. For those, I simply draw it in short segments with the line tool. At least in my case, it comes out much better than using the brush or something; I always end up with ragged lines using that. Well, different methods will work for different people, so this was just a thought.

If you're using Photoshop you can click with the paintbrush then shift+click in another to draw a straight line between the two points in case you didn't know. As you said different methods will work best for different people but with higher resolution raws I personally find it a lot easier to use that method over the line tool most of the time. Though with lower resolution scans I often just use the line tool.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Alice Cheshire

If you're using Photoshop you can click with the paintbrush then shift+click in another to draw a straight line between the two points in case you didn't know. As you said different methods will work best for different people but with higher resolution raws I personally find it a lot easier to use that method over the line tool most of the time. Though with lower resolution scans I often just use the line tool.

I don't remember hearing of that feature before, though I might have seen it here someplace; it might be useful. I'm mostly self taught on Photoshop, learning features from the help files, by experimenting, and sometimes by random chance, so I appreciate it. I'm sure there are many other useful features I don't know about.

There's something in Photoshop that I've sometimes accidentally started, so that when I try to use a keyboard shortcut to a tool tip, instead it starts typing into a tiny window in the upper left corner. Everything else works normally. I've no idea how I get into that or what it is, and the only way I know to get out of it is to restart the program; it's really annoying. I don't suppose you have any idea what that is or how to stop it do you? Just thought I'd ask. I'm running the very old version CS2.

last edited at Feb 6, 2016 10:14PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Yuri Girl 1001 posted:

I don't remember hearing of that feature before, though I might have seen it here someplace; it might be useful. I'm mostly self taught on Photoshop, learning features from the help files, by experimenting, and sometimes by random chance, so I appreciate it. I'm sure there are many other useful features I don't know about.

I'm actually the same way. The few shortcut keys I actually make use of I ended up learning after stumbling across one of those infographics pics on Imgur. I mostly only ever use spacebar for navigating the image, 1-0 for brush opacity (this one is fairly recent though), X to switch between my primary and secondary palette colors, and that shift+click deal.

There's something in Photoshop that I've sometimes accidentally started, so that when I try to use a keyboard shortcut to a tool tip, instead it starts typing into a tiny window in the upper left corner. Everything else works normally. I've no idea how I get into that or what it is, and the only way I know to get out of it is to restart the program; it's really annoying. I don't suppose you have any idea what that is or how to stop it do you? Just thought I'd ask. I'm running the very old version CS2.

Unfortunately I'm not sure what that is. I use Photoshop CC 2016 so that may not even be in the version I use. I'd recommend having a look at the last two pages of this though. It lists what keyboard shortcuts do what in CS2 and the last two pages list them in order of shortcut key so you could have a look at things you commonly use and see if you can find it.

joined May 23, 2015

Do you perhaps have multiple keyboard IMEs and are accidentally switching to one that does not directly input the alphabet (such as, perhaps, Japanese kana conversion)?

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Sorry, I'm new in this topic... umm... the positions that are wanted are the ones in the first post right?
If so I'd be interested in being an editor for manga no tsukurikata but I'm still kind of inexperienced so maybe I should pass a test to see if I can do it or sth! I don't know >.<

last edited at Feb 7, 2016 8:19AM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Alice Cheshire

I'd recommend having a look at the last two pages of this though. It lists what keyboard shortcuts do what in CS2 and the last two pages list them in order of shortcut key so you could have a look at things you commonly use and see if you can find it.

Thanks. that looks pretty useful.

moguTL

Do you perhaps have multiple keyboard IMEs and are accidentally switching to one that does not directly input the alphabet (such as, perhaps, Japanese kana conversion)?

I have somehow managed to accidentally switch to the Japanese keyboard IME several times, but that only affects it when I'm typing in a text layer, so that's not it. But you're right it might be something external to the program that I somehow activated. Oh well, I haven't hit it for a while, and when I do hit it, I know I can fix it by saving, then exiting and restarting the program, so it's just an annoyance, not a problem.

last edited at Feb 7, 2016 6:02PM

joined May 23, 2015

It actually can affect keyboard shortcuts, as well, with your keypresses appearing in a box in the top left instead of registering directly until you switch back to direct alphabet input.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

It actually can affect keyboard shortcuts, as well, with your keypresses appearing in a box in the top left instead of registering directly until you switch back to direct alphabet input.

Okay, I just started it up and tried experimenting. I had to go through a text layer to get the keyboard entering in hirogana, but once I got it set right, it did just as you say, so you nailed it. Thanks, I didn't know it could do that. This just might also explain a strange window I noticed once collecting keystroke when I was playing a game, though that game was still getting the keystrokes. And since the game was constantly redrawing the screen, the window kept disappearing.

When it's not in Microsoft IME, or it's in alphanumeric, it doesn't do that so I wouldn't notice it. And of course I notice when in hirogana in a text layer since it sort of underlines it. So it would only happen if I somehow got it into hirogana and then went on to edit other things. And since I wasn't doing text at that point, and I use auto hide on the task bar, I simply didn't notice it was in the Japanese keyboard.

last edited at Feb 7, 2016 7:03PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.