Forum › Posts by AllosaurusJei

AllosaurusJei
joined Nov 7, 2017

Hahahah... That last panel is the best.

Classic leading submissive behaviour from Koguma there too, she's the real saucy one huh?

AllosaurusJei
joined Nov 7, 2017

That little fang was totally unfair... critical damage.

AllosaurusJei
joined Nov 7, 2017

...still chuckling at Akemi basically turning a girl gay though lol.

Just gonna say she probably didn't turn anyone gay. Often the people who have the biggest or loudest reactions to queer situations are those of us who are in the closet. We turn the self-loathing society taught us outwards in order not to poison ourselves too much... Just FYI.

AllosaurusJei
joined Nov 7, 2017

More like "sub"text, am I rite ...

Ha! I get it.

AllosaurusJei
joined Nov 7, 2017

DRAMA INCOMING!

FLUFFY SQUADRON, TAKE COVER!

AllosaurusJei
joined Nov 7, 2017

Watersports and Fluff... Exactly what this manga needed.

AllosaurusJei
joined Nov 7, 2017

Good lord, the chain wont stop

quietly hums Fleetwood Mac

AllosaurusJei
joined Nov 7, 2017

Kotone's story was sad and all, but it doesn't excuse her from pushing her own ideas and insecurities on Mogu, because she was hurt and assuming Mogu is "weird" like her, so Mogu will never find anyone as well, so only option for them is to settle for each other, since they're better off like that. All under the disguise of pretending to know better what is best for Mogu, while completely ignoring Mogu's identity and their own desires. She couldn't even not see Mogu as "just another guy" and reacted with disgust, while at the same time forcing them to "be a girl" so she can feel safe and secure with them. All she did for Mogu was self-serving and focused only on making her life better. Surly the best relationship for Mogu.

This.
But the author seems to love happy ending, so I expect admission of guilt and redemption story, and possibly new love story for Kotone.

Hopefully the love story will be Mei (I don't want a new character, and it would be sweet if she fell for a trans girl)

While that would be sweet, and a brilliantly important statement of the thesis of this manga (that people are what they are, that a person's sex doesn't define how they should present themselves and their identity and that people just need to understand and love this because it's just as human as shivering in the cold)... There's a lot of work needed to be done on that front before it'll be an acceptable thing.

This is coming from someone who is in almost exactly Mogumo's position. NB with a cis SO who has been trying their best to understand me. I know I had some deep worries regarding my best friend when she was on a similar track as Kotone is right now with Mogumo. Granted we were adults and so had a frank fight followed by tear-filled confessions of misplaced and trauma inspired homophobia and the subsequent queer dismissal that usually follows that.

What I'm saying. Seeing Kotone fall for Mei would be a delight. But just being in a cute Yuri relationship with a trans girl won't immediately solve all her problems. More unpacking needs to be done and probably some adult intervention...

AllosaurusJei
joined Nov 7, 2017

That's some full on One Piece Ugly Crying right there.

AllosaurusJei
joined Nov 7, 2017

Bam! Right in the 10 Ring!

AllosaurusJei
joined Nov 7, 2017

What are Y'all talking about? They just explained their relationship and in 53. Like seriously Sakurako spelled out the exact nature of their relationship and the reason the don't label it before having a lie-down on Kasumi. And already resolved to be together forever. It's a frequent event, actually. All bases are covered at this point. All of them. They're in love, They're going to be together forever, they're accepted by each other's family as in-laws, they cuddle often, they kiss often enough tfor it to be casual.They flirt all the time,hold hands, sleep
in the same bed in lingerie. What more do you need?

^I absolutely agree with everything you said here, but to answer that last question:

I do think the label holds some significance. It'd make me happy to see "partner who's something like my girlfriend" becomes just plain "girlfriend" (along with the other stuff still intact) before the manga's end. This is not to downplay the love for each other they've demonstrated all throughout the series, but just as kissing is a symbol of romance, so is stating or at least thinking concretely that the person you love is your girlfriend, at least to me.

I think the perfect label for them might just be "Significant Other". I'm not sure if there's a direct Japanese term for that though, which may have been why Sakurako was a bit muddled about it all when she was nailing it down to Kasumi. But they are, to one another, the most significant people in their lives.

But for the memey glory of it all.
"NAH, THEYRE JUST LIKE TOTALLY FRIENDS YOU GUYS! NOTHING ROMANTIC/SEXUAL ABOUT IT!"

last edited at Apr 5, 2019 2:21AM

joined Nov 7, 2017

Aw... sniff poor little darling. It gets better. I promise! Excuse me, gotta go do some onion things...

bawls their queer little eyes out

AllosaurusJei
joined Nov 7, 2017

Dammit Seiji...

So damn close to just being a bit of a creeper with some heavy gay dude angst.

Assault crosses the line for me though. I kinda hope he gets what's coming to him in as nasty a way possible.

AllosaurusJei
Roid discussion 24 Mar 07:27
joined Nov 7, 2017

Did anyone else notice that arm in one of the panels?

Was that just one of the robot's limbs? Or was someone else around?

joined Nov 7, 2017

"A new rival appears!"

AllosaurusJei
joined Nov 7, 2017

Bisexual...hmmm, from Nekomura...hmm, i`ll avoid this...
I got very triggered by this story
Pd. Toxic relationship...
Really i feel dissapointed and surprised that Nekomura draw this...

The fact that mc is bisexual is like, what matters the least in this story.

Oh no, for me it matter a lot...it said what the story going to, and exactly going to be toxic...I read a lot of yuri stories in the past, and i know when the story become bad...i don't see the art, most the story and this is toxic relationship, besides i have a big phobia (mostly disgusting reading stories that include bisexual girls)...so that count to me, not my tastes.

I'm noticing a pattern in your comments. You need to stop referring to everything you don't like as toxic, and also stop spewing vitriolic hate towards bisexuals. Times like this make me wish this site had a way to report users.

I'm glad someone brought it up. I mean an actual bigot, here on a site almost solely dedicated to queer stories... It boggles the fucking mind.
Maybe ask the Admins if a report system can be done... Admins? That possible?

AllosaurusJei
joined Nov 7, 2017

Wooooooo... Yeah. That's...

That's what's up.

joined Nov 7, 2017

https://dynasty-scans.com/system/releases/000/023/146/[Hachimitsu_Scans]_Kanoboku_c06_13.png

Oh shit! Fuck this girl!
Quick Hime! Punch her in her stupid face!

last edited at Feb 21, 2019 3:15PM

joined Nov 7, 2017

Okay... So my take on this awkward mess of a manga.
Akira strikes me as brave. Japan is not an easy place for Transgender people, especially those who can't or don't want to 'pass'. For her to come out at that age as well is important in a story sense as well as reasonable. We always see in manga and anime that there's wild or horrible bullying that goes on in middle school and maybe some people go "Nah. They're just kids, they don't really do that..."
Yeah they do. They're especially cruel at that age. I won't go into detail about the stuff that happened to me at that age, just sum it up by saying I had an unfortunate name, to be in an unfortunate place and once got told by someone that he wished I'd died in the car crash we had so then he'd have some cake to eat...
They're monsters.
That changes as kids get closer to being adults. More and more the things inside us build til we can't stop them bursting out without considerable mental trauma and then we suddenly find... Only the really stupid bother to make a big deal of it anymore. The people around us are more concerned with grades and growing up than someone telling the world who they are inside.

Now for the bit that got a few people going on the first page of the comments... Hime.

I think Hime's a bit dumb, but in a good way. I'm not sure coming out is in their future but I'll hedge my bets by using my own preferences to refer to them.
In any case what I saw the Crossdressing sequence as is not so much a statement to the world about gender not being what you wear, but more of a slightly misguided and sweet way of saying to Akira, "If people are going to cut you out because they can't see the you I've always seen... Then hell, I ain't letting you be the only 'freak' in school." They're crossdressing to alienate themselves and draw fire and ideally (unlikely they've thought this far) normalising queerness within their community. So that Akira is just seen as a normal person while Hime is the controversial freak...

Problem is 15yo's are dainty as china in some cases and I have a feeling either Hime is explicitly someone who's always been a crossdresser in private or may actually have been struggling with their own gender for as many years as they've known Akira's.

Who knows. The author most likely... I hope they're Trans themselves, otherwise this has a high chance of getting cringy real quick.
Still looking forward to it all though.

AllosaurusJei
joined Nov 7, 2017

WOAH woah woah, is it just me or did this series get (even) gayer after Sakurako snipped her hair? It’s like Kasumi became very touchy after her haircut, which is welcomed. So she’s got a type huh. Albeit Sakurako looked prettier with longer hair. Now she looks cute.

It's the power of the butch haircut. We queers have known this secret technique for a long time.

AllosaurusJei
joined Nov 7, 2017

Huh, 1 chapter into the College arc and we've got some semi-drama with someone else crushing on Kasumi, Sakurako flexing her lesbian muscles and Kasumi just blithely accepting that yes, they'll have a honeymoon, just somewhere not so hot please. Hahahah.

I can't imagine anyone's gonna be going on about "the subtext!" anymore.

AllosaurusJei
Abs-duction discussion 01 Feb 08:45
joined Nov 7, 2017

"What even was that?"

That was amazing is what it was.

joined Nov 7, 2017

gwennie-chan posted:

Honestly I am kind disappointed the author, who used the correct terms in the manga, wouldn't for the title. However, I acknowledge that saying "Kanojo wa Otokonoko" is smashing together both feminine and masculine words together, which is kinda bigendery, but overall yeah could've been worded better.

Yea, I think that is what they were going for, the mix of both genders.

Actually. It's a heartrending reference to how Makoto was forced to out themself to the school. As a crossdresser or "Otokonoko"...

joined Nov 7, 2017

I read this a few weeks back and cried... It was just...

It helps to see that even in a place like Japan, where they do not have a good track record of accepting Trans people in media as anything but "okama" or other offensive terminology, that a manga like this could break the mold and show the realities of a situation like ours... While I agree that the story is a bit lacking, the story isn't the point. It's the characters and how they deal with their feelings vs their surroundings.

I love it. Again and again.
Thanks for posting it here.

joined Nov 7, 2017

“you’ve got some ovaries” is my new favorite phrase now

I've got a friend who uses it all the time.