Forum › Posts by PJammaGod

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Librarians. People think we're all cardigans, glasses and pearl necklaces. Yes, like the manga, we run on sweet things and coffee. Yes, more than a few are thirsty.

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

I personally think it varies on a case-to-case basis. If a person from modern Britain was transported to the middle ages, they'd obviously run into issues like the language barrier and so forth, and would probably die before they get to any major court and inform the nobles about vital political events.

But if, as in Anise's case, they came back as a privileged political figure, they could achieve incredible things with some decent planning and strategy. Most groundbreaking ideas have always been unprecedented, or they wouldn't have been revolutionary in the first place. If a moderner can figure out how to a) pitch a change without getting executed for insanity or blasphemy and b) reverse-engineer progress by gradual advancement (like creating muskets instead of jumping to assault rifles), then major changes can definitely be instituted.

Ascendance of a Bookworm tackles this one in varying ways. Even something like introducing effective hygiene products (soap and shampoo) can have far-ranging consequences. Let alone providing literacy to the masses. Definitely give the LN a go (the anime was a solid adaption too).

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

As great as this is, nothing can beat the translation on MD that gave everyone Australian accents. I almost coughed up a lung at lines like, "Momo, luv, I never considered you ma homie."

(going on a completely silly and in no way serious rant ;) )

As an Australian I feel I must protest. At least to some extent. The 'bout is certainly accurate. But Homie or Lasie definitely not. Sheila is somewhat cliche but much more likely. And Homie... nope it's always mate. Mate if you love them. Mate if you hate them. Mate for strangers or friends. "Some bloke said you canny..." Okay we've got a tonne of ex-pat Irish here. Seriously swimming in Guinness. But nobody talks like that unless you're parodying or joking about. Also known as "taking the piss."

Any Australian would say this parody is "a dog's breakfast" :P .

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Page 23 of Chap 4 caught my eye. We got a brief peek under the long-sleeves Hinako always wears. Bottom right panel reveals what looks to be burn scars. This would line up with the previous flash-backs we've had. Now I'm left wondering just what the heck happened to Hinako's family. And how badly scarred is she considering her penchant for high-neck tops too.

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Flat is justice, Flat is life.

PJammaGod
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

To be honest the text made so much sense to me. It's exactly how you communicate with your closest friends. Then again, hurling casual and humorous abuse at each other is a pretty typical Australian day.

last edited at May 16, 2020 4:05AM

PJammaGod
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Regarding the new chapter, I don't think I've ever seen my cat's tail poof out from curiosity. Surprise certainly, but not curiosity.

Mine does it all the time. It'll frizz and wiggle almost like a dog's tail wagging. Funniest thing.

PJammaGod
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

I'm not a woman normally given to violence. In fact I typically abhor and argue vehemently against it. But Tezune's face in that final panel. I want to break it. Badly.

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Homura Subaru. The breast choice in ecchi material

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Many thanks to Hachimitsu Scans for the translations. Glad to see they return.

Anyway, new arc with "family". Looks like it's gonna be heavy. There are at least some wholesome moments here and there. Favorite is Tetsu referring to his big sister. Very heartwarming.

Meanwhile Sakura may have an eating disorder. Life at home does not seem pleasant.

You called it.

Yeah. This just hit home real fast. Happened with a childhood family friend. For her it's the same reason as Sakura (I'm assuming). It's about control. In a world where everything feels out of control, what you eat and how you moderate your weight becomes the only thing you can control. Eat and purge. The things you alone have agency over. Sakura needs some help and soon.

PJammaGod
Otaku Kimo discussion 25 Apr 06:59
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

I smell the faintest hint of Yandere stalker. I'm okay with this.

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

So did Sister Gigant manage to gravely injured them?
Nah, it was a Bust...

PJammaGod
Semelparous discussion 24 Apr 06:48
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

I've always found the way Ogino Jun does eyes is, well arresting. They really catch my attention. I enjoyed the one-shot so lets see how things go.

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Polyamory as what happens when Greek and Latin do something naughty beneath the covers.

PJammaGod
Shigurein discussion 23 Apr 10:25
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

My day had been pretty crummy up until this point. Now it's rainbows outside. Just what I needed ^_^

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Definitely outside the norm. Going to keep my eye on this one.

PJammaGod
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Homura Subaru. The breast choice in ecchi and hentai ;)

PJammaGod
Overline discussion 31 Jan 00:37
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Author just rolled a Natural 20 on a Bluff check. The fluff lulled me into a false sense of security before the last page critical hit.

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Yuri and Lovecraft on the same website. This officially made my year ^_^ !!!

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Also sees Sakura. My bitch sense is going off

A bitch sensor on the other side of the Virgo Superclusters would be ringing bells right about now.

PJammaGod
Slide Away discussion 28 Dec 23:20
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

KyoSaya. The OTP

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Lol, she will became the god of big boobs drawings.

And I will pray to her every day.

Látom

last edited at Dec 10, 2019 9:34AM

PJammaGod
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

The fact that there is so little Kindred Spirits material out there will never not astound me

One look at your avatar shows that you are a person of impeccable culture and taste. And yes, the world is in severe need of more Kindred Spirits material

PJammaGod
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

fun fact, the manga industry is legally allowed to shut down any series that doesn't include at least one scene where a girl is jealous of the size of another girl's boobs

Learn something new everyday. Didn't think a manga could go bust over something like that.

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

This manga definitely tickles my fancy. Cheeky and with some actual plot. One more to add to the sub list.