Forum › Posts by Ishi Tsuki

Ishi Tsuki
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

cameron posted:

Yuzumori is total yandere. She'll destroy those two for trying to lay their hands on Mimika.

Yeah, she'd better, I don't want Ririha to set the pace of the incomming chapters. Hate it when a mangaka suddenly decides they need a despicable character to drop out the sky and mess everything up including my enjoyment for some cheap drama...

Ishi Tsuki
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

I have nothing to back it up but supposedly it's common knowledge in japan that their ethnic group have slightly lower average body temperature

last edited at Jul 21, 2017 3:16AM

Ishi Tsuki
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Not carefree nor overly dramatic, subtlely diffusing the joy and weight of life and love all over her work, long live Nio.

Ishi Tsuki
Chapped Lip discussion 20 Jul 05:17
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Homu ought to be used to waiting for those lips by now, 6 years is nothing^^

Ishi Tsuki
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

I finally got around to reading this. I guess I'm not going to make friends here, but I have no idea what the fuss was about.
The art was gorgeous, the characters were really interesting and in itself the plot was too.
Except the writing sucked from beginning to end (alright, alright: mostly sucked). Which is a real shame with so many great characters to make use of.
And of course that part really pissed me off "If I fell in love with you on my own then I can kill you". Sure, that's true but... I don't know, you could also, not?
In all honesty the only reason I'm bothering to write a post about it is that I'm sad. It could have been so, so good but turns out it's just a random shonen with a dash of yuri on top.

Ishi Tsuki
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

That's the one, thanks!

Ishi Tsuki
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

It seems I need to rely on you again. I think what I'm looking for is a one-shot that was realeased in a the past year and I think it was part of an anthology.
I also think it was Student teacher but no luck with that in my read list.
The only thing I'm sure about really is the ending: our girl, having noticed her love interest is in an abusive relationship she can't get out of on her own, ends up rescuing her from that person, coming to take her away by force if necessary, in front of the school gates (in a relatively badass way iirc).

Ishi Tsuki
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

One of the little things I really like about this is that while Komari does have the impulse to hide things from Yukio or avoid her shoujo-style, she always and quicly remembers that she just wants to be with her and that she needs to talk with her properly (or Yuiko reminds her, same difference).
They don't avoid each other forever for the sake of senseless drama (or sleep in the same bed for two month without exchanging a single word :D),
I really enjoy a bit of common sense and proper communication in my Yuri

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

llenovo posted:

I'm hoping for something like "Met my rival/bully on a dating site"

That could actually be really awesome, just the thought of the delinquent becomming all meek and mellow...

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Half a chapter of relentlessly annoying she-wolf wannabe just to set up a kabedon reversal? WORTH IT

Ishi Tsuki
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

That was great. Can't wait for more of this author's work to get translated

Ishi Tsuki
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Loved it but for a kiss that was supposed to help her smooth her sketches... It was a bit rough, wasn't it? Not that a penguin kiss isn't cute
Edit: Might be a self-parody? That would be awesome

last edited at Mar 25, 2017 6:18AM

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Is Itou Hachi not used to serials to the point he had to resort to any cliché plotline he could think of or was there an evil producer at Media Factory forcing his hand all along "this needs some drama; doesn't matter how forced it feels, and a love triangle with a two-bit antagonist And don't you dare forget about the cliffhanger! Now, let's make some money huehehehe"
Itou Hachi is love so I'm definitely going with the evil producer.

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Ropponmatsu posted:
Anything from "I like Reimu, because even though she's a main character, she's a greedy asshole in canon, and I find that that's hilarious"

I'm not familiar with that many characters so far but I must say that and her general "oops-I-almost-gave-a-fuck" attitude really work for me

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Blackkitty posted:

A female co-worker of mine always says that I look at her in a mean/funny way

This girl knows what you're talking about At least you didn't get raped, I suppose that's something

last edited at Feb 4, 2017 3:44AM

Ishi Tsuki
Syrupy Love discussion 03 Feb 23:01
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

rederoin posted:

I don't think this series is good, but like everyone else I'm still on board.

You can add me to that list... I'll wait for it to be complete from now on however, the aftertaste it's leaving me with is not something I want to live with until the next release...
Finger sucking remote control sex was kinda hot though

last edited at Feb 4, 2017 12:31AM

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

OL? What's that?

Office lady. Really not sure of what I'm saying about Mira though

last edited at Feb 4, 2017 2:03AM

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Would be nice if those two boob ladies had their doujin though, they've got quite the thing going on...

I think Mira is actually an OL drawing manga as a hobby (?) so short series are probably the best we can hope for. Still, she's quite prolific.

last edited at Feb 3, 2017 1:35PM

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

With so much cuteness and Itou Hachi fluffy style I can hardly see any meaning to the choker. Which is too bad, I usually enjoy that sort of thing hehe (sorry Itou-sensei, I didn't mean that, your work is too cute)

Marion Diabolito posted:
that was probably also "author's own attempt." Google Translate gives: "Je vous enverrai un bouquet demain aussi"

I mentioned google translate as a joke but what you're saying is that it does a better job than the author did? That's a bit sad really... Might just be that article issue. Yeah, that's what it is. No way an author would be that lazy and not care about correct grammar right?

Ropponmatsu posted:

Edit: For example, Japanese doesn't have a definite grammatical article (the) or equivalent, nor is there singular/plural.

That seems to be the big thing they have a hard time overcoming... Which I get honestly since they never had them and never needed them

While I don't speak any other Asian language besides Japanese, I've heard from others that Japanese <> Chinese and Japanese <> Korean is significanly more accurate than Japanese <> European languages, which makes sense.

I read somewhere that machine translators were (a tiny bit) more efficient with chinese than japanese. I wonder why

last edited at Feb 3, 2017 2:02PM

Ishi Tsuki
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

sheska posted:

yups, youre absolutely right nothin can beat yuri genre, no Yuri no Life XD

Biology will agree someday. I believe.

what do you mean by that ? biology ?

i dont think biology input is necessary here

Just a lame joke about procreation, or lack thereof. Nevermind, I'll see myself out

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

You are way more optimistic than I can ever be. It probably won't be unwatchable, might even be enjoyable. But we'll have to forget everything single thing about GITS because the trailer was enough to know that any underlying theme, reflexion, even the mood will be nowhere to be found.
"you are the first of your kind" "maybe next time you can design me better" "they didn't save your life, they stole it" Riiiiight, did you see the anime? Sure you did, but you had to dumb it down, add some good old fashioned american values and sell it, what else.
Sorry, I'm angry :D

That cake looks nice and fluffy as yuri though

last edited at Feb 3, 2017 11:38AM

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

I wouldn't hold to much hope for GITS, but I'll definitely be ready to bash it as yet another let's take a masterpiece, turn it into crap and watch the money flow

last edited at Feb 3, 2017 8:51AM

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Just finished watching Michiko to Hatchin. It has a Cowboy Bebop x Cidade de deus feel to it that is nothing if not enjoyable. Add yuri subtext to the mix and you've got yourself a great, really underrated anime. My only gripe is that I had to keep my yuri goggles on for the ending and there's not a single damn doujin out there T.T

last edited at Feb 2, 2017 6:57PM

Ishi Tsuki
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

The yuri is quite mild but very unique setting and nicely executed, so bump

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

So true^^ It's just so lazy on their part there's no excuse. I won't complain too much about Engrish though because honestly I'm no better /cry
Wait what, Little Witch Academia got a serial? I need to get out of my cave...

last edited at Feb 2, 2017 5:23PM