Forum › Posts by Meursault

Meursault
Official%20beidou%20cropped
joined May 22, 2016

idk, the group currently(?) working on it posted a chapter in january and haven't shown any movement since. you could try emailing them?

Wow, you're really trying to rope people into pressuring drmario, huh.

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

I'd say it's a manga about an adult woman who happens to be lesbian

*Bisexual, different ball game.

Well it's reassuring that you know more about the manga than I do, I suppose.

She literally talks about getting a boyfriend or girlfriend in chapter 2. She isnt in the deep lesbian closet.

2 chapters out of 7 volumes
Are you seriously arguing about something you haven't read
Someone who's read 7 volumes just made a statement, and you're going to argue that, without knowing anything of the circumstances and reasoning of the character? Are you absolutely fuckin serious

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

I'd say it's a manga about an adult woman who happens to be lesbian

*Bisexual, different ball game.

LOL wait did you just correct the translator on a series she's actually very likely read

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

That's... not really my point

I'm not sure you were making appropriate points the whole time tbh. I really disagree with your stance ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Noticing "hey, she's Scottish... wait, no, that doesn't make sense. Oh, right, it's from the translation" does.

There's no reason why you'd think like that though
No one reads manga in American English and thinks "okay they're American". You sound like... a special case.

last edited at Jun 19, 2018 12:55PM

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

?? This is an English translation? Are you saying that a southern US accent makes more sense for a Japanese woman to have?
Or are you saying that you somehow want the Japanese Hakata dialect in... English?

I'm saying don't translate dialects when you don't have to, because it rarely works out well - such as here, where suddenly I'm being presented with an inexplicably Scottish Japanese woman. When did I ever mention Southern accents?

Yeah but here's the thing
You do have to. That's what the translator has been repeating over and over. It's literally part of the character. Character has an unconventional accent, she doesn't speak in standard Japanese. She doesn't speak in a Kansai accent either, so no southern stuff.

every time I see an "aboot" or "dinnae", I'm instantly aware that I'm reading a translation and taken out of the dialogue itself.

That's exactly it? This is a translation? I'm glad we're on the same page here then, would hate for you to miss the point of this being an English translation of a Japanese series.

Please don't be obtuse. As the part of the post you didn't quote said, the goal of a translation is to be as transparent as possible. Every time there's a clear Scottish phrase, I immediately am aware that "hey, look, an artifact of translation" and am taken out of actually engaging with the dialogue itself.

Yeah but that's just like your opinion, man
I'm sure the Japanese readers found the accent quite noticeable in Japanese too, lol
I don't think the translator should fuckin bury it just because you dislike translations of dialects
But alright, if you insist.
Here you go, the Japanese woman in Japan, speaking with the proper accent, no artifact of translation to take you out of your reading

last edited at Jun 19, 2018 12:28PM

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

Okay, here's the thing.

A Scottish accent is not comedic or ridiculous. But a Scottish accent coming from a clearly-Japanese woman, speaking Japanese, in the middle of Japan... well, it kind of is.

?
?? This is an English translation? Are you saying that a southern US accent makes more sense for a Japanese woman to have?
Or are you saying that you somehow want the Japanese Hakata dialect in... English?

every time I see an "aboot" or "dinnae", I'm instantly aware that I'm reading a translation and taken out of the dialogue itself.

That's exactly it? This is a translation? I'm glad we're on the same page here then, would hate for you to miss the point of this being an English translation of a Japanese series.

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

Her skipping school the next day, trying to behave normally, after realising what happened to her

Actually she only skipped the second day after, apparently due to needing some "me time" to digest things. The first was spent being visibly absent-minded at school until she consulted Goggle-sensei in the afternoon/evening.

And that's exactly what I said.
She skipped school after realising what happened.
I meant the day following the realisation, but it's the wording I guess lmao

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

this feels more like a horror than anything even remotely romantic. I wonder if the author is that inept, or is legitimately trying to portray the situation as disturbing and incomprehensible.

This page and the next is an obvious sign.
This page, her comment on liking "transient things" is pretty big foreshadowing
This page and the next, mc is confused, she takes advantage of her trust
Her skipping school the next day, trying to behave normally, after realising what happened to her

GEE. IDK, I WONDER IF THE DISCOMFORT IS INTENTIONAL.
It most definitely is. It is indeed meant to be uncomfortable.
The scenes may be presented in an erotic manner, but it is by no means meant to be romantic and fluff.
The whole series so far just screams of "stranger danger", you gotta be blind and fooling yourself really hard if you're still convinced that it's a cute and sweet age gap romance. At this point, it's like some want it to be cute, and just ignore all the signs and are still confused at why does it not feel sweet.
Because it's not. Everything so far has been the adult making the main character feel comfortable and trust her, and finally taking advantage of it.
So, no, the author is not inept. They portrayed it as uncomfortable, most readers feel uncomfortable, and that's absolutely the point. (Though more specifically, it's like, "hot", and "wrong". The eroticism is built on how it feels wrong.)

Meursault
Image Comments 12 Mar 23:22
joined May 22, 2016
En-972498187075256320%20(1)

4 go to 5? Wouldn't that be asking Kanan to kabedon Riko? Since Kanan is #4

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

How sweet ^^

joined May 22, 2016

we would never think of taking another series unless we got the ok from the previous team that was working on it but thank you anyway. I already contacted them but got not response yet.... that\s why I thought of trying my luck here as well

Probably because they're not the ones working on it but yeah, good luck. I'm sure most would want to know if the actual group is even thinking of working on it anymore

joined May 22, 2016

is yuri ism still doing this manga? if not CHAOSTEAM would love to take over in the near future since we have the raws for the first two volumes.

Yuri ism hasn't been the ones doing the series, just the doujins it seems. Maybe check with the team actually involved. Dunno if they really check this thread, so it might be a better start to directly contact them? Rather than to ask about the wrong group in a thread they may not follow, and take a lack of response and reader enthusiasm as sign of permission with them being okay with it. Might avoid some awkwardness to get a clear ok on it, just in case ¯_(ツ)_/¯

last edited at Nov 20, 2017 4:05PM

Meursault
Image Comments 17 Nov 02:54
joined May 22, 2016
Zfoa2ot

That pocky stick kinda lacks chocolate doesn't it

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

The last page with the worker running off like "NOPE" really made me laugh

Meursault
Citrus discussion 25 Oct 07:38
joined May 22, 2016

Even then, demeaning the guy for him to consider this art to be one of the best is uncalled for. It's by far the most subjective comment they made. For one there's no such thing as "one of the best", people can only mean "one of the best i've seen", how are you to even comment on that not to mention art itself is entirely subjective opinion. Who are you to tell someone that what they perceive as good isn't? People can find accidental paint splatters amazing.

All'n'all that was unwarranted, and this blurb was excessie

Had he opened up his excuse of a response with anything but loose comparisons and less of a butthurt toned offended victimized tantrum, when I clearly stated I wasn't preventing anyone from liking anything but was instead rather curious on the opposite take of my personal opinion/taste, maybe my hostility wouldn't have been called for.

And really, after that explosion of verbal diharrea from them, did you really expect me to take that subjective yet-not-put-very-subjectively statement seriously? I thought it was hilarious, so I made sure to include my giggles on it. I never claimed people can't like things, even if in my book they're bad. Quality discourse and reading comprehension were never the spotlight in Citrus discussions, I guess.

They wrote one or two passive aggressive lines at best
Your condescending hostility however, was overblown and pointlessly aggro, it was far from justified

Meursault
Their Story discussion 25 Oct 03:15
joined May 22, 2016

GIRL! YPUR BUTCH IS SHOWING AND ITS BEAUTIFUL I THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS.

"Ypur"?

Your*

joined May 22, 2016

Ikr? The term "Gross" is such a nasty word that's used towards people who cut themselves! Such discrimination!

You can choose to be a dick if you want. Honestly, you can. But it doesn't mean you should, or that it's okay. You shouldn't be surprised if others call you out for it.
Don't justify being an asshole with expressing honesty.

joined May 22, 2016

Gross the black haired has cuts all over her wrists

This is probably super insensitive and rude.
Can you imagine, walking up to someone and straight up telling them that their scars (wherever they are) are disgusting? Rather inappropriate, very likely hurtful to whom this may concern.

Ikr? how dare someone express their honest views of being grossed-out by Self-Mutilation!

You seem to not realise that this is just straight up insensitive and insulting.
Would you really walk up to someone, anyone, stranger or friend, and tell them that their scars are gross?
No. Because you might have common sense and might be able to imagine how it could make them feel.
Even if you unfortunately had those views, you might realise that these "honest views" may not be pleasant to share.
I'm not encouraging self harm, but honestly, for whatever reason they had, they likely weren't, or aren't in a good place. They don't need or have to tolerate your insensitive judgemental bullshit just because you decided you wanted to be honestly an asshole.

joined May 22, 2016

Gross the black haired has cuts all over her wrists

This is probably super insensitive and rude.
Can you imagine, walking up to someone and straight up telling them that their scars (wherever they are) are disgusting? Rather inappropriate, very likely hurtful to whom this may concern.

joined May 22, 2016

"Do you intent to become a god?"

Same
Head's up

last edited at Oct 2, 2017 2:42AM

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

Was this dropped? It was coming out pretty regularly until right before the last chapter (a week without swapping).

If I recall correctly, Doki usually waits for the tankoubons (is that what they're called?) so that they can translate the version of the manga with the highest quality... and the volumes of this manga take a loooong time to come out. I think that's why there was a one-year gap between Volume 1 and Volume 2. Of course, I'm probably wrong, so feel free to correct me if I'm off base.

Yeah I remember something like that too, but volume 2 still has one chapter left (check the table of contents)

Meursault
joined May 22, 2016

I'm confused by the point of your comment, is there a joke I'm missing?

Hot damn there, FluffyCow
Yes, yes there is
Might have taken that just a bit more seriously than you should have

last edited at Sep 27, 2017 3:28AM

Meursault
Ayakashiko discussion 21 Jul 19:47
joined May 22, 2016

Gosh I just can't stop squealing!!! Everyone in this manga is just so cute and yuri and everyone should cuddle and kiss already!!!

Fight me, boy-o

If your only reply to everyone going to be:
"...
Fight me, boy-o"?

Fight me, boy-o

Meursault
Image Comments 08 Jul 05:55
joined May 22, 2016

From what I understand, it's more that they've started using that tag/taken and involved 'yuri' to actually refer to something yaoi, and it's like, bruh, don't take our word, use your own, rather than ppl believing it's about two male bottoms

joined May 22, 2016

It put in some extra amounts of subtext to get some extra fans.

Subtext isn't anything new.
Besides, I don't see why it being heavy on the subtext invalidates every other single aspect of the series

last edited at Jun 4, 2017 8:46PM