Forum › Posts by majere

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I really just cannot differentiate all these bland S-class couples that all have basically the exact same dynamic.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

A little OT but, these last chapters reminded me why I normally hate the sœur system: it's a very heteronormative way of dealing with yuri relationships. It denies girls romantic feeling and forces them into a pseudo-sisterhood that's supposed to last until graduation.
In the end, it's just a cheap way of making a yuri story without actually committing to it.

I'm so glad these kinda stuff got phased out in the years and nowadays we can have ACTUAL sapphic love represented.

/ Boomer rant over.

Every time someone said "sister" or "sisterhood" this chapter I was struck with a vivid reminder of why I'm glad this genre is basically religated to the domain of satire.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This sort of gb yuri is really hot, oh my goodness. Plus the inner thoughts add a lot to it too. Might need to check out the original now!

The original is...not kind to these characters from what I've read.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Nah, you should absolutely prioritize getting an education over being an idol.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Once again every bad thing that happens to Toudou is her own damn fault because she can't quit when she's ahead. Leave it to this dummie to take the universal gesture for "hug" as an invitation for groping.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Yeah I feel like the central "bit" with the MC has very quickly worn out it's welcome. I'm trying to hold out hope that the series gets a better sense of progression soon.

I think it got tedious as fast as it did because we have Yoshioka's POV and she's such a nice person that Watanabe's shitty attitude towards her is extra irksome. It was a lot easier to overlook her attitude as comedic before we saw Yoshioka's genuine concern for this shallow dumbass who doesn't deserve it at all. Yoshioka is already like a full character and Watanabe's entire personality is still "yuri fan with basic ass taste in yuri."

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Watanabe stop cockblocking Yoshioka while she gets chummy with ghosts and ojou-samas

If Watanabe's going to keep being a clam jam she's going to need to take responsibility personally. Also, she's a bad yuri fan with lame taste, Ghost x Gyaru is in fact some top tier yuri.

last edited at Mar 3, 2022 7:34AM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

And now Tongtong's mom will give advice to them..... I have a very bad feeling. I feel like it will make things even worse. Being the liberal woman that she is, she could hardly empathize with the problems of a responsible mother.

By the way, there seem to be several who disagree with my opinion that Tongtong's mother is a whore, disregarding the fact that she almost had her daughter abused by a degenerate. Shit, if he had really raped her the situation would have been much worse. I think the manga treats that situation too lightly.

Why are you reading manga about women when you hate them this much?

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This series is cute but the lack of any kind of developments is kind of frustrating.

Sir, this is a chapter 5....

I mean the last 3 chapters feel like connected oneshots in an anthology rather than sequential chapters in a story so I wouldn't say this is an unreasonable critique.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

A very reasonable conclusion to reach and in fact a much more reasonable explanation for her behaviour than the truth.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Cousins getting together is not considered incest in a lot of places, because the consanguinity risk is considered negligible, even more so between girls, where it's zero.

But I guess the tag is necessary for some uptight (mostly American) people around here.

People aren't uptight for wanting what is considered incest in their culture to be tagged this is an incredibly weird high horse to be on. Not to mention tags also serve the dual purpose of helping people who are looking for a specific theme find it not just allowing those who wish to avoid it to do so.

last edited at Jan 31, 2022 10:00AM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

they should save innocent people instead of killing bad people,killing is a horrible thing,killing those bad people doesn't make them any better them

at least that's what i think

Really depends on how bad the person is honestly. Killing a highschool bully for being kind of a shithead? Completely unjustifiable. Killing a murderer because it's your best option to stop them murdering people? I'd say that's a lot more justified. The president's general ideals have some grounding in a reasonble ethical position you just aren't going to find many instances where it's reasonable in a highschool.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Meh. I'm willing to give the het that's posted here a chance because it's usually something novel enough to give a shot but this looks like just a pretty generic installment in the "mediocre dude wish fullfilment" genre of romance and it isn't even a particularly well written example thereof.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I don't follow this any more. I took a glance, and I still cofused. How come after 100 chapters,they still use Honorifix?

Because they're awkward dweebs.

majere
Image Comments 02 Jan 05:57
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016
Se2a

Best couple in the game.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Girl gets knocked over and nearly suffers a serious disfiguring injury.

Customer who was sitting right there watching the whole thing: "Hey! Why haven't our orders arrived yet?!"

Jackass.

So much this.
Of course I guess he's not a real person (shrug).

Real customers are absolutely like this too with depressing frequency.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Ah yeah best girl returns with a vengeance.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Forget about "Mary Sues" or whatever the bad writing here is excising entire chunks of really important context that need to then be appended at the end by a third party in order for the story to be coherent. I have to assume this isn't intended to be a standalone adaptation but rather a supplement to the novel.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Are these the same couple from the other chapters? If so, the fact that they're 17 and 23 respectively is... something I would've liked to have known. No idea why y'all are so chill about this revelation lmao

It's definitely sleazy but I just kind of gloss past it unless it's especially gross about it because cutting out all of the yuri media that is sleazy would mean cutting out most of it because Japanese media is just Like That.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I assume there’s more coming then? Isn’t this just a series at this point? Still it’s interesting. I’m wondering what Sakura’a situation is. She has a broken phone. I’m getting a bad feeling.

Sakura absolutely strikes me as the kind of person who would have a cracked phone screen I don't think it's anything more than a bit of character flavour to further emphasize her carelessness.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I appreciate that this manga keeps adding rival characters while also having no real love rivals.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I feel like if you just took away the Prince's breasts it'd be a standard 'dumb love-struck boy being over-assertive about love' het comic.

This feels less like romantic pursuit and more like she was really excited to reunite with her childhood friend and is also a dramatic dumbass.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I was pretty meh about the first chapter of this but I'm down with the dynamic of badass princess and dweeb prince that it's laying down now.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I love it.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Yoroizuka is a classical INTJ (in Myers-Briggs typology): efficient, brutally honest, and bad at interpersonal relations and assessing others' feelings. Her intro scene is a perfect picture of an INTJ at work: she points out her colleague's mistake, loses interest in her immediately, takes over her work and completes it in 1/10th of the time, before her other colleague is done lecturing her -- which she also has zero interest in. The other example is her complete nonchalance to her GF sneaking into her house: she walked in, saw her standing there, immediately figured out what happened, and lost any interest in the situation. From personal experience, I can tell that 90% of her brain power was still engaged with work at that point. Only when her GF proposed the lap pillow did she mentally switch to the here and now because it was a completely new experience for her. Still, a control freak like all INTJs, she completely ignored the possibility of receiving a lap pillow and instead immediately offered her GF one, remaining firmly in control of the situation.

Myers-Briggs is about as scientifically substantiated as tossing a hand-full of bones and divining the future from them. Judging ppl (or characters in this case, but what you wrote sounds way too elaborate to not be applied to actual living ppl too i'd wager) based on these personality quiz categories is a gross negligence at best. Gives me the heeb's

Myers-Briggs is astrology for nerds who think they're too smart for astrology.