Forum › Posts by ravenel

ravenel
School Zone discussion 14 Dec 02:14
joined Jan 8, 2016

All that and we still dont know what Hiragis problem is

...the general gist of it really should be fairly obvious by this point. But I'd say the lower right frame here encapsulates an important part of it.

A broken feeling of superiority over her sister is unlikely to be the whole story

That's what it feels like to me as well. If it was that I'd expect a different reaction, more petulance, whining, not this cold constant bitter anger? There was a point where I thought it was just that, resentment leading to apathy, but the steps she took, hm.

I will say, having a clingy younger Irish twin who was not even a fraction as bad as Tsubaki here, I would be extremely annoyed if I wanted to be alone and he simply decided he wanted to be with me all the time. Of course, I'd just tell him that, lol, and tbh, we got along really well most of the time so it usually wasn't an issue. But in my worst moods, someone else deciding what they wanted was more important, even if it seemed completely innocuous on the outside, would only make things worse.

I wonder if the actual crux here isn't at the very beginning, when young Hiragi's like, I'm enough for Tsubaki, and then she feels that Tsubaki is trying to not only outshine but move past her, so she sulks for a while and then decides to grant her that.

last edited at Dec 14, 2021 2:14AM

ravenel
Pink Ribbon discussion 24 Nov 01:45
joined Jan 8, 2016

Thanks for the upload! Rooting for main girl and Detective Conan.

ravenel
joined Jan 8, 2016

Lol, that credits page. They do be bringing the angst.

ravenel
joined Jan 8, 2016

I like how strong-willed the MC is. As someone who also gets a lot of negative emotions often, I find it hard to keep sight of what matters to me. Seeing MC do her best to fight it and see things in a different light makes me admire her strength. (These are my thoughts from just the first chapter)

Same! I've only read the first chapter so far and came here to comment on her. She's interesting and Flawed but tries to be good (and thus is).

She's fundamentally such a decent person that it didn't even occur to her to let her friends or school or anybody know that she, a presumably known smart student, missed the entrance exam entirely because she was taking care of a sick person on the street. She could have ridden off that story for years.

joined Jan 8, 2016

That was hilarious and also had some emotional moments. Nice.

ravenel
joined Jan 8, 2016

That was just adorable. Goes to show a super simple premise can still be so sweet when done well

last edited at Aug 23, 2021 10:32PM

ravenel
joined Jan 8, 2016

I liked this a lot! Kaguya remains such a fave, what a character.

joined Jan 8, 2016

I love that she was able to apparently track down a world famous assassin but was apparently unaware her husband was married to 30 other women. Oh well, it was cute in the end I suppose.

Maybe the assassin deliberately left a trail for her to follow, that's why she was so prepared. She was waiting for her.

ravenel
Inversion discussion 01 Aug 15:51
joined Jan 8, 2016

I accidentally read a bunch of chapter 2 before realizing but I have to say, they're so hot. And adults? Sign me up.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Oh wow, I'm so glad I read the comments and checked it out despite the Tragedy tag. I think the ending could still be read as quite poignant, more a goodbye than any kind of visit, but the rest of it was so lovely! I love that art and the slice of life loving, often light hearted relationship over the years, just great. Love this ship and this did it service.

ravenel
joined Jan 8, 2016

So... in page 27/65, in response to Mika's "you're lying", Yotsuba thinks "yeah"... is this some dumb being in denial phase or is she really not reciprocating her feelings and accepting just because? Am I being pessimistic or just dense?

She was lying about the extent of her feelings to make up for the fact that she responded happily to the guy confessing with her, she’s still into Mika or she wouldn’t have gone for her over him but the “you make my heart beat more than anyone else” might have been an exaggeration. The experience seems more honest for those conditioned by comphet than her just being head over heels for the girl immediately.

I feel like it's a kind of denial to herself as well, because she DID spend the whole day discombobulated over Mika. She keeps thinking it's "just" this little thing or that about Mika even though it's building up bigger and bigger and immediately negates that "Yeah" with the "But, after all, Furuse Mika, you really are unfair". She's realizing herself she's not exactly being honest when she minimizes her feelings.

ravenel
joined Jan 8, 2016

Ooh, I was so interested in the tags, then a bit wary at the art, but this is great. I love when these slice of life adult couple stories show all the little things, even the bickering, but at the end of the day, it'll always be okay.

ravenel
joined Jan 8, 2016

The art's lovely and it's funny in a silly low key way, I like it.

ravenel
joined Jan 8, 2016

I loved the art in this one! And the nod to how both have long ass hair.

ravenel
joined Jan 8, 2016

That was ridiculously lovely. I love how this manga takes such a potentially mundane setting and moments and highlights the beauty in them.

joined Jan 8, 2016

I really wasn't expecting that! A chapter where the only reasonable outcome would be for her to reveal her identity, I thought as with literally every other secret identity media they'd pull off something ridiculous to avoid that but she just...did it. Nice subversion.

joined Jan 8, 2016

I really loved this! What a sweet, loving...continuing relationship.

ravenel
Autumn discussion 16 May 17:16
joined Jan 8, 2016

Ahhh, mutual Mitsu pining, always hits right

joined Jan 8, 2016

I don't think the one-shot itself was that ominous, we've just been so trained by everything else that demands a dark twist. The manga itself was pretty straightforward, hey, there's this legend about this place, okay, I'll try it, okay, it worked, okay, the shitty husband actually very realistically would make her want to run away if she has the option. Yay.

ravenel
joined Jan 8, 2016

I liked it, not only for the art and the romance, but it was one of those rare mysterious forces sending a message stories where the message wasn't, you're dead or the person you loved is dead.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Oh, this is legit interesting fantasy with some teeth.

ravenel
School Zone discussion 21 Dec 18:31
joined Jan 8, 2016

Ah, damn, I'm nervous now. Being put on the spot like that when you've been so scared of really confronting it you've literally modified your whole dumbass personality around it...

ravenel
joined Jan 8, 2016

Ah, this looks legit interesting with a more complex plot setup than we usually get.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Wow, that was perfect. This whole theme seems amazing and my only regret is that each one isn't a whole series.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Damn, bullies suck. I remember when we found out a new kid at our admittedly small, boring school had this condition and he was basically treated like a minor celebrity for a while even though he was also a normal, nerdy kid. I'm glad this had a happy ending though I wouldn't have minded learning more about the new girl.