Forum › Posts by benja

benja
Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Love that the doujin perfectly captures bocchi s awkwardness while also giving her a bit of courage to get to those sweet boniji moments

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Well I've been in the "hating shiho" bandwagon for a long time and also believe that it's definitely too little too late, buck heck even if she's doing it out of obligation at least she said sorry and acknowledged (to herself) that she was antagonizing Yori and being a complete asshole to her. Like she's still an asshole but at least she's aware of it and is in character for her to not give a damn, so at least she's being consistent.
If this starts an upward trend of her realising how much of an ass she's been to everyone and apologize, even begrudgingly, it'll be a small W in my book. At least is way more enjoyable than her being an oblivious asshole to everyone, even if she's still far from being likable if handled well her "redemption arc" can at least be entertaining

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

We're so back baby, the fuu-train Is rolling full steam ahead AND you can't stop It, mark my words people next chapter yuni Will be back at fuuko s arms where she belongs

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015
D3g_takahashi-1710311903174730029-img1%20(1)

As far as I'm concerned bocchi being nijika emotional support is canon

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

kinda that sad that the anime didn´t show much of how nana´s life changed after revealing her secret identity, i´d love to see the vicepres fangirling over nana and they sharing their love for idols, well can´t complain since there´s a lot doujins with that exact premise

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

"Over 50,000 copies sold! (including digital)"
Well, that's disappointing.

Maybe you misunderstood? That's over 50,000 for volume 8, in Japan so far (not translated yet). "Whisper" is generally one of the best selling, if not still the best selling, current yuri manga. If it were disappointing, they wouldn't highlight it.

Yeah, if it's for one volume it's not bad. Still, Yuru Yuri is getting around 100K or more for one volume :/

Don't think that comparison really works but I'm not going to get into sales discussions beyond this. Overall point is that it's selling well and the number was an ad highlighting it's good sales and public (Japan) reception.

I understan why comparing it to one piece doesnt work but both yuru yuri and sasakoi are published on the same magazine and both are in broad terms parts of the same genre, heck even if we remove yuru yuri from the equation maid dragon sold over 2 millions copies at some point of it´s (still ongoing) run.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Yes, saying that they'd be happy with an ending like that reveals a misunderstanding of their characters. Also, the "scummy" part of our MC is greatly exaggerated. She's mostly just naive, shortsighted and impulsive. She's not really been that bad and almost always means well in her head.

yeah no, makino is really scummy, that´s just a fact and there´s no way around. Even if her parents are the worst humans beings tricking them into giving her money for prostitutes is questionable to say the least no only that but she´s beeing using other people like her sister and classmates to get money to satisfy her hedonistic desires, heck the only reason she goes to cram school is cuz she´s too lazy to work and even then she half assed cram schoo until the risk of maron not being her teacher hit her
The only reason why maron even likes her is cuz she happened to be with her and treated her a bit nice when she was having a hard time and was mentally unstable, heck even then she was openly lusting after someone that just admit that was having a hard time and wanted to end her life wich if you were to ask me is boderline psycopath

last edited at Sep 27, 2023 3:06AM

benja
Kanatanium discussion 11 Sep 18:28
Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Me reading the last page knowing I'll never nap in kanatas embrace

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

I don't even know what's going anymore, the Manga switch topics wildy every two or three chapters. Are we entering the forced marriage arc how long will it last 3, 4 maybe 5 chapters

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Matsumoto fanática de lo sensual

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Let's fricking goooo, the nanao nation getting stronger with every chapter. I swear to god there'll be riots on the streets if nanao doesn't end up with asumi

benja
Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Lol I just love famitsu ayumu, I hope there's some cameo or reference to her in the official material

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Well you could argue that me and other who highly dislike Fuukos psychotic behavior (stalking, obsession, manipulation,abuse, blackmail etc..) lack common sense since there are so many Fuuko simps.

But I hope we all can find common ground in the fact that Yuni is even more unlikable than Fuuko and Nanase. Yuni is such milquetoast, like folks said before I'll give her a few chaps tops before she's scissoring Fuuko again XD

TBF unlike shiho from "whispering you a love song" everyone here knows that fuuko is fucked up and that everything she does is borderline sociopathic, I don't think there's a single soul here that will argue that fuuko is misunderstood, relatable or anything remotely close to a good person.
Really we're all here just to watch the train wreck, sometimes is fun to watch something so unapologetically messed up that doesn't shy away from portraying character as assholes instead of trying to justify their shitty behavior and utterly fail at it

benja
Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015
Mikage_emerald-1571881991272042496-img1

Lol mía looking at the background, truly a motoanexo moment

benja
Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015
Tiffanychou_-1687288478399389696-img1

Pampering will always be the top option in my heart

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

On the one hand, promises to change by your reliably unreliable main girlfriend.

On the other hand, smokin’ hot transgressive sex with your borderline-nutjob downlow lover.

What’s a passive reactive MC to do?

Yeah not even low key I'm really disappointed at yuni, like girl take a good look at fuuko, she's hot AF, emanates powerful top energy, has never shy away of showing her love for you both publicly and in private, she's as crazy and possessive as you. Like damn they were clearly made for each other, what's so good about miss too busy to give a damn about my girlfriend.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Absolutely hilarious, I don't even know what to say, is constantly antagonizing your crush and friends how kids flirt nowdays, is she not gonna apologize for all the times she acted like an asshole. Am I missing something? Did I just miss the chapters where shiho has actual development.

benja
Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015
109201491_p0

TBF romcoms are pretty much animated telenovelas with less violence and less cheating

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

This is garbage

Username checks out.

Everyone else: I'm happy you're enjoying the ride so far, even though it's about to end...!! boohoo...

Man it was kinda obvious that it was heading in that direction but I was hoping for a more spicy approach, you know like maybe snuck a kiss after the confesion or something like that.
Well it was cute tho and I enjoyed the ride, I guess the only thing left is the time skip

benja
Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015
F2w6kxhbmaasqex

Duuude it was mind blowing realizing that this was made by M K. The improvement it's crazy, don't get me wrong I also love the old more cutesy style but damn

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

having a bit of time to think about it, this is a debate between those who enjoy the story despite the negatives, and those who cant enjoy the story because of the negatives.

so, it goes without saying there will be no agreement, since those who like the story despite its negatives will focus on the positives and dismiss the negatives as no big deal.

I think it boils down to how much you think trauma and other external factors as intense emotions deflect responsability for our own actions.

If you believe that no matter what we're masters of our actions ergo we should be held accountable for them no matter what, you're more likely to find shiho, her development and conclusion lackluster and poorly written

On the other hand if you think that emotions are things that are completely out of our control and it's ok and only natural to succumb to them and their most desteuctive impulses, you probably will find the shiho plot relatable and not as flawed as other people think

Also I'm gonna allow myself to be a bit of an asshole here. If you don't mind poor writting as long as beautiful illustrated and portraits really strong emotions you're more like to like this arc

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

they did not have much of a relationship before Shiho started to hate her as far as I recall

What Shiho hated was the fact that she was better at playing the violin than she was, not Kyou herself. It's basically the same thing that happened with Aki: Shiho couldn't stand not being number 1 and decided to cut ties with her entirely.

Before realizing kyo was better a violin they talked like two times, and it weren't like deep or really long ones, they weren't really that close before shiho decided to cut ties with kyo.

benja
Citrus + discussion 23 Jul 11:42
Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Finally, someone with the common sense to drop a manga they don’t like.

I think you're misunderstanding something here, i (and probably most of the people commenting here) love citrus, it was one of the first yuris I've ever read and has a special place in my heart despite how critical I'm about it. Having said that I simply refuse to shower it with praises that simply didn't deserve, i used to love citrus that's why I'm so critical about it, because it pains me to see it's constant declining of quality. if I genuinely didn't liked it I'd just dropped it like I did with so many series
I will never understand the mentality that if you love something you have to turn you brain off and only say good things about it. For me that's extremely condescending and a borderline insult for the author, if I ever created something I'd definitely want people to tell me if I screw up

benja
Citrus + discussion 22 Jul 20:15
Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

True, if this moment and this moment aren't enough to settle her down, Mei might need to do more. It's just that Mei is also going through a lot work wise and is normally reserved so I don't see this settling for a bit. Mei might cuddle Yuzu then have a dinner meeting with Arata and suddenly Yuzu will become insecure again. They need some extended discussions about insecurities and work/life balance. Although part of Mei's current work is an attempt to free herself up for Yuzu.

Like, words are fine and all, but if your partner keeps giving you the cold shoulder almost every time you meet I'd be hard press to call it reasurring, as much as Mei claims that she enjoys her time with yuzu her actions and attitude say otherwise

benja
Citrus + discussion 22 Jul 17:58
Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

"do you have so little faith in me"
Woman what exactly do you expect when you leave her alone on her birthday despite being in the fucking same room and always acts as if yuzu were a nuisance. Like yeah at this point the jealousy trope is been long overdue but it's not like is unjustified, Mei hasn't really give yuzu a lot of reassurance or barely show that she is in fact in love with yuzu