joined Jan 27, 2015

Kase-san
Poor Poor Lips

last edited at Jun 7, 2015 7:02PM

SaxonSun
Bridesmaid discussion 07 Jun 16:20
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

After thinking about it for awhile, I have come to this conclusion. Elle was lying to Fleur, her family, her husband, and even herself.

She lied to Fleur by ignoring her feelings even though they were mutual and then confessing after it was it was impossible.

She lied to her family and husband by deceiving them into thinking she was committed to marriage and loved them, only to cheat with Fleur. She says she was doing it because of her family yet she still confesses and kisses Fleur after she was married.

She also lied to herself by thinking this was the right thing to do. In doing all of this she hasn't once been honest with anyone. Going behind her family and husband's backs, crushing Fleur at the time she was most vulnerable, she did absolutely nothing right.

SaxonSun
Public reading lists 07 Jun 14:51
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

I have one public list that has all of my absolute favorites, which means 5/5 as you can tell by the name. I have 4 other lists that have 4/5, 3/5, etc. and I've been thinking about making those public because I sorta feel bad leaving out some great manga just because they weren't perfect for me.

SaxonSun
Kurau Phantom Memory 04 Jun 20:45
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Well, according to wikipedia, there is an anime, a light novel, and a manga. The manga is also confirmed on manga updates as only 1 volume and complete. As for doujins, I don't know.

I also loved this anime, it was one of those that led me to enjoy yuri so much with that relationship between Kurau and Christmas. I just really like strong female friendships in general but those that are obviously more than that (soul mates or lovers or whatever) and take place in fantasy/sci fi/actions settings are my favorite. An example being Canaan.

last edited at Jun 4, 2015 8:47PM

SaxonSun
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

according to MAL it has 3 more chapters, is it true?

It has 3 chapters in total, so only the final chapter remains.

SaxonSun
Age 15 discussion 02 Jun 02:36
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Loose relationships/infidelity, as mangaupdates says, and a teeny tiny bit of het, though hardly worth a mention. Not too much to worry about. It's Asagi Ryuu so if you're here for the smut, then you're in the right place.

SaxonSun
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Last chapter. It was good, but I regret reading it. I won't be shaking that off for a little bit.

SaxonSun
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

One reason I have always liked this one is because it seems Chika is always in this lethargic and dreamlike state, and I really feel it everytime I read this. It's really quite relaxing and soothing.

SaxonSun
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Here's a question I've often pondered and would like to hear opinions on -- Do you believe it's possible for a male author to write heartfelt yuri? Or will that almost always degenerate into fan service and/or feel insincere by nature? It's obvious that most of the critical favorites are penned by females.

I mentioned Kissing Mars as one of my favorites. Written by a guy and the same one as Virgins' Empire and Maka Maka, so his manga are on the mature side, but they are decent enough yuri series. Kissing Mars however, I think is by far his best. I feel the MC is one of the most real characters I have had the pleasure of reading about. She is not the "ideal" MC and is kind of an anti-heroine at first, but I think her problems are very real and typical of a teenager. Then her eventual development of feelings towards the the other girl of the series is something I won't forget.

SaxonSun
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Chatting at the Amber Teahouse, Ebisu-san and Hotei-san, Kase-san, Kissing Mars, and Fluttering Feelings. These 5 I think have something about them that sets them apart, not necessarily above, my other favorites. Each one of these excells at whatever it is that they do well and makes them all very memorable.

last edited at May 28, 2015 5:16PM

SaxonSun
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

nice fucking place to stop the scanlations...

Well, if you think about it, it was actually a pretty nice place to stop. Could you imagine if it was abandoned just before?

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

How did K-On bait? Genuinly asking, I only watched the first season and read all the mangas.

I wouldn't call it bait, just pretty normal subtext, if only a little. No one got a relationship so no one was led on then surprised by some het. There weren't even any guys.

SaxonSun
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Yeah I-I made that post a little while ago xD, I had big hopes then though, but no matter what, I would not lose my goal, I WILL SUCCEED >:3 ....I hope"

Have you been trying to mirror the site by downloading only 8 at a time?

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Ah, I dropped this one quite early... was pretty boring... If yuri ACTUALLY happens, as in something beyond subtext, I will see the episode were it happens...

I don't think anything will happen.

Is that just because the genre/style doesn't interest you? Because Hibike Euphonium is, whether there is yuri or not, definitely one of the best KyoAni works. From characterization to just general atmosphere, it is great. Up there with Hyouka, Nichijou, and K-On!. Which are, in my opinion, the best anime by KyoAni.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Well this just seems ridiculously complicated and unnecessary.

How much traffic will ONE scanlator generate for his Comico page in three days?

On second thought maybe it's not worth bothering with this community or this comic >_<

Well, I would say it's the ONLY scanlator. Halmoni does all the translations herself (until Yuri Project helps for more "official" releases later on). I am not aware of anyone else that does it for such an audience. What I am saying is, almost all english speaking readers would go through here, or /u/ where Halmoni also visits, in order to read FF. To give you an idea how many that is, Halmoni's pastebin can reach up to 6,000 views for a single chapter and the average being around 4,000. That is decent traffic. Traffic is traffic anyway, it really isn't complicated at all.

last edited at May 26, 2015 11:34AM

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

heyo, as a newcomer, can someone explains what this all means?

Because it kind of looks like the prominent figures in this community are holding everyone to ransom.

idk if that's the case but it's all I managed to gather from that indigestable wall of text ;_;

Sorry for another wall of text, but if you wish to inderstand.

Definitely not anything like that. What has been done so far, is typesets have been uploaded to a public imgur album for the convenience of the readers. People enjoyed that because these typesets were uploaded hours after the official release using Halmoni's translation. However, as it was imgur, once these typesets were uploaded, there was no reason to visit the Comico site, which Fluttering Feelings is hosted. Comico works in a way that the more views/likes it gets, the better it is for the author. Releases are completely free, whether you have an account or not, for the first 3 days on Comico. Anyone and everyone can view a chapter the moment it is released. After 3 days though, you have to "rent" chapters using credits using an account (you are given 100 free credits upon registration, each chapter costs 5 to rent). Simple enough, yes? But despite making it so easy to view and in turn support the author, the imgur album was limiting potential visits/views. To solve this, these "prominent" members that you speak of have come up with the idea to create an overlay on the comico website, where you can view the complete typeset, just as you would on imgur, but still give the chapter on Comico offical visits/views. Everything is still free and still easily accessible. And as a plus, after the standard 3 days where chapters close, the typesets would then be uploaded to imgur, just as they were before. Nothing is being held ransom. The main, and only complaint from what I can see, is that not everyone can easily access the Comico site. Issues on mobile, whatever the case. This may be a legitmaite complaint for some, but it is all a matter of convenience. There were multiple ways to access in browser Comico on mobile, some of these ways posted on this very forum, yet still some take issue with it as they see imgur as the easiest possible sollution, but again, that doesn't help Comico/Ssamba at all.

last edited at May 26, 2015 11:18AM

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Who is Seo Young by the way?

That's the question.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

This is Seo-Yeong

SaxonSun
Citrus discussion 23 May 18:58
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

This chapter was out 40 days ago on other sites . Is Dynasty-scans lagging or understaffed ?

Yuri Project released this one. It's late for probably a few reasons. First thing I can think of is that I am pretty sure they waited for better quality scans. Secondly, Yuri Project does a lot of stuff, so time was likely dedicated to other projects. And finally, Yuri Project always has better quality scanlations. Cleaning, translation, etc. so that also takes time. Not to mention sites like mangahere/fox probably didn't ask for permision to post the chapters they have.

last edited at May 23, 2015 6:59PM

SaxonSun
Citrus discussion 23 May 18:19
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

I will say this about Citrus. It's fantastic at portraying teenage drama. Sometimes it's pointless, sometimes it's petty, and sometimes it's the result of people just not knowing what to do. Mei has a pretty serious past so this only helps to add to that drama. Sure, Sara and her sister seem to have come out of nowhere and just serve to be plot points, but I think to this point, the feelings and actions of everyone have made sense based on their characters. It's not like everything was fine and dandy going into the trip and Mei has been doing this stuff just to mess with Yuzu. I still very much enjoy Citrus because I don't consider anything done so for to be without proper purpose. We are definitely at a crossroads at the end of this chapter though, we shall see how it goes.

last edited at May 23, 2015 6:33PM

SaxonSun
Anime season 21 May 04:58
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Hibike is het! nooo suicide..

The only rational response.

Wait, do you guys know something I don't?

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

So was I the only one who didn't like this manga? I mean it was realistic, and had some interesting characters, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. I don't know why exactly, but I just truly didn't like it :/

You're definitely not the only one, people love this manga or hate it. I have the opinion that it wasn't realistic as drama!=realism. The actions and thoughts of the characters make it realistic and some characters were far from realistic. I'm sure you could guess who. The relationship between Fueko and Asuna involved drama and was realistic. Asuna cheated, she was a sex addict and had a problem and she knew it. Asuna loved Fueko and I'm sure Fueko loved Asuna too but they just couldn't be together. I enjoyed their relationship very much even if it didn't end happy. The Maasa and Meru relationship as well, Meru became dependent on Maasa but she grew as a person because of it. Maasa needed someone like that though and they both grew because of each other. Now, if that was it then I would have really enjoyed this manga. I don't want to waste a comment trashing this because of the other 3 though. I have said what I liked and I really did like it a lot, but you can guess how much I hate the rest if my overall rating for this manga isn't high at all. It's Shuninta so there were definitely some great parts and the story was really well put together, but I feel she just missed the mark on this one, she's not perfect after all

last edited at May 20, 2015 2:29PM

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

So many mysteries and further evidence Miu totally likes Miko. I'm getting really excited for what's to come.

SaxonSun
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Maaaan, I am going to take the unpopular opinion and say I wanted Chihiro and Aoi together. Chihiro definitely played her whole relationship wrong and was a bit manipulative but I don't doubt she truly loved Aoi. Mostly though, it's because I am stubborn and always root for the "first love." Also because I can never understand the whole falling in love with somebody new, while you already love someone, because they "listen" or "are there" for you. Seems like any sorta nice friend can fill that position, but not Chihiro haha, and somehow it overules the love that was formed through years of friendship

Just because one loves someone, doesn't mean they are the right person. If love was the only thing that mattered, we'd be having a lot less relationship problems in the world. Having someone "listen" and "are there" for you, to me, is one of the most important things in the relationship. It means they respect you. Sure any "nice friend" can fill that position, but in my opinion, that's not really any different from the childhood friendship. Just because you're a friend that is there for them doesn't necessarily mean they'll fall in love. Just because they're childhood friends doesn't necessarily mean they'll fall in love.

From what I saw, Chihiro never respected Aoi. Loved her? Yes, but I never saw her respect her as an equal. Like what kind of sane person would purposely drag around someone that loved them and loved them in return, just for fun? Just because it's cute?

Nao was also pretty manipulative, swooping in and taking advantage of Aoi's emotions, but she respected Aoi's feelings and was willing to sacrifice her feelings to let Aoi go after Chihiro. Chihiro on the other hand, hid Nao's feelings from Aoi once she found out the truth and thought of this as a way to get Aoi back in her favor. She's just constantly playing with her. In the end, Chihiro wasn't even upfront to Nao about Aoi's feelings and Nao had to go fight for her love herself.

When you compare them side by side, I'm sorry, but childhood friends or not, I would never want to date Chihiro. I'd take a new friend who "is there" for me anytime over a childhood friend who's been constantly playing with me.

Oh I definitely think Nao was the better one at loving Aoi. It's just I didn't hate Chihiro enough to abandon the Chihiro x Aoi ship. How my brain works is that the first love interest introduced in the timeline, not the progression of the story and in this case Chihiro, is what I immediately latch on to. The more insight that is shown into this character's thoughts makes it even harder to let go, and we definitely got some Chihiro point of view in this. So, as long as this person is not shown to be completely evil or wrong for the MC, Aoi, then I will continue to support them over the newely introduced love interest. On the topic of love, Chihiro definitely wasn't there for Aoi and played with her feelings, but being friends I'm sure she was there for all other sorts of pain so Nao being there for the single issue of Aoi's unrequited love for Chihiro was not enough for me to believe they should be together. I'm stubborn when it comes to this stuff, it always feels like Nao's character is stealing the main girl away because for some reason I like to put myself in the point of view of Chihiro's character, the "first" love interest.

SaxonSun
2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Maaaan, I am going to take the unpopular opinion and say I wanted Chihiro and Aoi together. Chihiro definitely played her whole relationship wrong and was a bit manipulative but I don't doubt she truly loved Aoi. Mostly though, it's because I am stubborn and always root for the "first love." Also because I can never understand the whole falling in love with somebody new, while you already love someone, because they "listen" or "are there" for you. Seems like any sorta nice friend can fill that position, but not Chihiro haha, and somehow it overules the love that was formed through years of friendship

last edited at May 18, 2015 2:19PM