Forum › Posts by Faust

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

On another note, that guy who said to an obviously plastered woman "How about I buy you some more drinks to sober you up?" needs a hard kick to the balls. ◣_◢

I read that as non alcoholic beverage, like water or soda, otherwise it wouldnt make much sense :0

joined Sep 21, 2014

I can't believe she so bluntly destroyed her umbrella, what a bold move

joined Sep 21, 2014

What are their names in Chinese characters/hanzi? Trying to find out how their names are supposed to sound

joined Sep 21, 2014

I can't believe Sei left town, Aya assumed where she went and also left town, and then they coincidentally ran into each other. I guess Aya took the same train but holy–
I guess Sei looks all pleased when she saw those msgs bc she realised Aya got on the same train, and wow thank god. How awkward it'd be if it was the wrong guess

Faust
School Zone discussion 22 Apr 19:52
joined Sep 21, 2014

I think Tsubaki connected the dots there, just like she did for Yokoe and Sugiura

Faust
654321 discussion 16 Apr 01:46
joined Sep 21, 2014

Aside from the final page, I don't really remember/can't really tell what seems to be different from the previous release, can someone enlighten me? I'm kinda too tired to think, is the punchline that this Mari doesn't remember the talk they had before bed?

joined Sep 21, 2014

I thought Nacchan loved Kyouko and would've wanted to go out with her, but I guess there was stuff holding her back

It's not said as explicitly as in many others, but it's the usual stuff, isn't it? Societal pressure to create a "family unit", having stable employment, etc. She missed because she was scared, and later, she hit also because she was scared/already committed to this path and didn't want to feel like sacrificing Kyouko was meaningless.

At the end of chapter 1, she's all smiles and happiness until she is reminded of Kyouko by the gifts and immediately loses it.

hmhm, that's neat, I haven't thought about that. Forgot about all those little remarks and comments in the beginning that ppl around her made too, that set the scene.
Also like dang, wtv genuine level of affection she feels for the boyfriend/fiancé, her insecurity and envy trumps it so hard, to the extent that she gave away the lipstick too (we didn't actually see Nacchan give it away but I can't imagine that Kyouko would just take it).

joined Sep 21, 2014

What if the things she wanted to buy for herself are actually the ones she would buy with Kyouko in mind? But subconsciously? She just doesn't want to admit it. This stuff happens when you put someone on a pedestal and your insecurity reigns. Still, it seems their relationship was never official, pretty vague. Anyway, am staying here for the drama

I think it really seemed for herself, bc of how each gift happened so coincidentally (she didn't just hand them to her iirc, she made Kyouko try them on or held them up to her and stuff). She didn't know if they suited her or not before she tried them either (apparently she just buys shit without checking first, idgi but she calls them impulse purchases), and she didn't know they would suit Kyouko either until she made her try.
The last gift especially, the lipstick is the best example bc she wasn't even the one to pick it out this time. I think the last gift was also the one that hurt the most (besides being the straw that broke the camel's back), bc not only did the bf pick it, not only did she actually think it looked great this time, but because Kyouko reached out and "took" it for herself, when she tried it on. It wasn't intentional on Kyouko's part (i think), but it happened to fit Nacchan's perception of "you take everything that is mine, I have nothing".
Unless I missed something (like how Kyouko feeling lonely and neglected for a while might've have contributed to it, that maybe she wanted to connect to Nacchan again), I think that was probably a coincidence, that this time she took one of Nacchan's items and tried it on without Nacchan being the one to offer it. Not intentionally but Nacchan probs wouldn't have brought it out for once either, bc it's something she thought actually suited her, something she wanted to keep for herself, something she wasn't complaining about.

joined Sep 21, 2014

I thought Nacchan loved Kyouko and would've wanted to go out with her, but I guess there was stuff holding her back, that she never properly dealt with and just bitterly laughed everything off. I didn't expect that ending though, that despite missing on purpose, despite never missing, that she regrets how things turned out.
Nacchan sounds like she's still conflicted and haven't moved on from that, I don't feel like she's truly happy atm

joined Sep 21, 2014

What's the other series they've worked on with dog collars? Can't seem to recall

joined Sep 21, 2014

Next is gonna be too much lip balm

joined Sep 21, 2014

Why is this so weirdly enjoyable

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

Nao and Onibi remind me of katekyo hitman reborn (?). Didn't the mc's head catch on fire and he'd strip? (Only read the first few chapters)

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

Can someone explain the reference, or at least the train of thought? Maybe because I'm reading sleepily, but I don't get how Nao went from 'I have to convince her I wasn't the Nao she say' to 'Old school anime ref'.

@Morter
On my way to catch up on the chapters and checking out some comments along the way
I don't know if you still care about this but I used to watch that show as a kid and from how I understood it, Nao is being presented with an impossible case to prove: how can she clear her suspicions and prove that she is the Real Nao if there aren't two Naos in the first place?
I remember one episode where this Lord bullshits Ikkyu and tasks him with catching the tiger within a folding screen/painting. How can you catch something that isn't real? In response, Ikkyu gets all geared up and ready to go, and tells him to bring the tiger out of the folding screen so that he can catch it.
From how I see it, Nao unintentionally employs a similar strategy; if Onibi can bring out the Minimal Bikini Nao, then she shall concede defeat/admit to being the Fake Nao.
As such, Onibi is deeply amused, because just like Ikkyu-san, that is indeed a very interesting and clever way to go about it.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Adachi's awkwardness level is way too low.

and

Pretty accurate, ngl. But I think Adachi's horny-level could be a little bit higher lol.

fixed that for you

joined Sep 21, 2014

Drawing is hard and I kinda quit halfway through, but Adachi is cute, so I had to try anyway.
https://twitter.com/CaptainJFaust/status/1264850124062314499?s=20
This is how I'd imagine her after the festival, all giddy, despite having to go back to school soon.

last edited at May 25, 2020 6:09AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

I'm over the moon right now. Got myself to finish an exhausting assignment before rewarding myself with these updates and I got to say, it really healed my soul and soothe my fatigue.
Edit: sorry for the word vomit guys, school's been draining and I finally got to breathe. Thank you for the translation Sneikkimies and for the proofreading Shades (and Gilgamesh iirc?) I refresh Sneik's page rather frequently, this series brings me endless joy.
(Also, don't underestimate your contribution/importance in this process @Shades. I love (meticulous) proofreaders so much)

As Shimamura-like as her acceptance was in the end, she came such a long way! From feeling uneasy that Adachi might be coming to school to see her in volume 1, and feeling uncomfortable and then relieved when she thought that Adachi didn't specifically need her to be the one she spent Christmas with, to finally now thinking that she doesn't have an issue with Adachi loving her, no matter what kind of love that turned out to be. She's grown a lot more comfortable with being around Adachi since, to levels no one else has reached with her before. Rather than the general tolerance she feels for those in her life, she's developed an actual fondness of having Adachi around.
She usually acts carefully around others and like her grandma pointed out, she avoids conflict and prefers harmony (out of practicality), but for Adachi's sake, she turned down Taru pretty damn firmly. For Adachi's sake, she had to intentionally ignore someone else's feelings (ouf). That was quite unlike Shimamura actually, who's super diligent about how she navigates her relationships, but still she knew the importance of making sure the message was conveyed properly and actually did it

Also, Shimamura stating that she didn't regret doing that? Immediately finding her mom and requesting a yukata?? Feeling embarrassed about admitting the real reason she was going out of her way to wear one and running away? Shimamura? The lazy and energy-conservative Shimamura running off to not talk about wearing a yukata to made Adachi happy? HMMM.
Fucking delicious tbh

And holy shit speaking of coming a long way, Shimamura ran after her! Brooooo
Adachi left/ran from her at least twice so far and she never bothered or even tried to understand why, because Shimamura just doesn't bother with ppl beyond a certain point! But she ran after her! In those uncomfortable sandals! So much effort for Adachi's sake!!!
Not to mention after she realised Adachi was probably in love with her (madly in love~), she gave it so much thought? Shimamura doesn't usually fucking do that lmaoo, she's always been like huh? I don't get it but wtv, and just brushes it off. The mental energy she spent on Adachi!! Shimamura did so many things and spent so much energy on Adachi lately, it's mindblowing
If you think about it, times before when she'd just casually agree to something like "whatever", she'd do it because she couldn't be bothered spending that much time on making that decision. But she spent sooo much time thinking about Adachi's feelinnnngggs. The end result (her answer) might seem amusing and lowkey a recurring joke (her usual response), but she took such careful consideration before giving an answer, the care that went into making that decision is unlike everything she's done before ( ´ ▽ ` ) the one other being she's been so careful and serious about is Gon, and that says a lot, honestly.
Another sort of reflection between Gon and Adachi:
Shimamura greeting Gon with a hug when she arrived, and then mimicking that greeting with Adachi when she got back home, even the pats on the head and back
Shimamura declining Taru's call in consideration of properly spending time with Gon
Shimamura declining Taru's invitation in consideration of Adachi's feelings

On and lmfao, the fortune teller is such an unexpected gem of a character. She foresaw that Adachi was lovesick and Shimamura would have trouble with women, and then saw them together and was like... hohoho I see. raises arms in the air, go for it. And her sketchy ass takoyaki lacking the tako too lmfao, I can't believe she chased after them and got them to buy some from her. These little random scenes are so funny, like seeing the pair react over the deformed taiyaki and the octopus'less takoyaki (that chapter was also the most I've ever seen Adachi eat. Can't believe she broke off in a sprint after that too)
(Oh and oops speaking of eating, Shimamura usually doesn't bother understanding or asking more questions and just lets shit go. It was mainly for the sake of teasing, but her going out of her way to repeatedly ask Adachi about the fortune telling was great lmao, Adachi getting rektd by all the purchases she could manage

Also, people mentioned the moms noticing what's up, yes! I'm super grateful Shimamura's mom took the sister out instead, likely recognising that the one time Shimamura would go out of her way to bring out a yukata to go see a friend, is probably not the right time for her to babysit.
And Adachi hasn't been to a festival since she was a kid, aka hasn't owed a yukata for a while. We know she doesn't really spend her money either, and suddenly her mom walks in and Adachi's wearing a yukata that she clearly bought for herself. Definitely an "oh shit my daughter is actually interested in something" moment for her. It was super uncomfortable but I really appreciate her trying to reach out and being involved in her daughter's life, even just a little bit. It wasn't a bad attempt at all.

Final remark:
Shima: I wonder how she'd react if I asked her what does she mean when she said that she loved me. I want to see that face to face.
Adachi irl: runs the heck away
Shima: surprised pikachu face

QC side note, @sneik and shades: p328, second line: "There was nothing about [her] that I disliked?" Or, "There was nothing [] that I disliked?"

last edited at May 20, 2020 12:42AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

I'm pretty hyped tbh, always liked the diversity in the yokai they face and how gruesome the enemies tended to be, it was so much fun
Don't know how much of the original cast we'll see again, but I'm pretty interested in how all three leads are girls, because of how unexpected and uncommon it is for an adventure/action series

joined Sep 21, 2014

I lost it when I read the title of this chapter

omg lol you're right. I know the song but just didn't really think about it, and forgot about the title after I was done reading
Assuming we're talking about the song by Oasis, these are the lyrics (first half ish, it repeats). Quite a few of the lines remind me of Sei
Today is gonna be the day
That they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow
Realized what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do, about you now
Backbeat, the word was on the street
That the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before
But you never really had a doubt
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do about you now
And all the roads we have to walk are winding
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding
There are many things that I
Would like to say to you but I don't know how
Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all, you're my wonderwall

joined Sep 21, 2014

I'd definitely prefer to leave and go home to Aya instead too

This, i know it's better for her but that's not how she gonna move their relation forward, dodging the Yoru's issue while only make it worse. She had to confront Yoru and get past it, as unconfortable as it is.Going with Aya will even be better, not only to reinforce her relation with Aya but also to prove Yoru that she wasn't just playing around.

I didn't mean it like that either, didn't say that it's better for her or not, or how what she does is gonna affect her as a person or their relationship, literally just stated that I couldn't deal with the tension and that I wanted to go home to a cute girl too
Does the fact that I find Aya cute prevent Sei from dealing with her inner demons somehow?

joined Sep 21, 2014

That imagined scene of Aya at home waiting was so comforting to me, after how stiff and awkward Sei's talk with Yoru was. I'd definitely prefer to leave and go home to Aya instead too

Yeah but no, the problem is she don't solve anything with Yoru at all. She speak 5 minutes and chicken out. Say what you want about wanting to see Aya but that mean she is still not over Yoru because she can't even face her properly and 2 but that's my opinion, that she doesn't seem to understand Aya's view of the relation. I don't think Aya will be satisfie until the substitue play is dropped.

Wait what does that have to do with anything I've said lmao
Sure but I never said any of that. Literally 0 commentary on their issues. Never said she was getting over Yoru, never said Sei understands what Aya truly wants from her. I just felt relieved to see her get away from such an uncomfortable interaction with Yoru. I didn't say that Sei wanting to see Aya was comforting to me, I said that the scene she imagined was comforting to me.
I'm not sure why you replied to me, I don't think that really has anything to do with what I said.

last edited at Apr 27, 2020 9:16AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Edit: Uh I guess I might as well leave a proper link to find chapter 11: https://mangadex.org/title/42746/warikitta-kankei-desukara
That imagined scene of Aya at home waiting was so comforting to me, after how stiff and awkward Sei's talk with Yoru was. I'd definitely prefer to leave and go home to Aya instead too
Probably unpopular opinion: Seeing dysfunctional characters making nice gesture, aka Sei behaving like a normal person and doing nice things for Aya is gap moe.

last edited at Apr 27, 2020 2:05AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

But ight I'll give it a shot, I think Lilliwyt may have hiccups with English sometimes

English is not my mother tongue, neither do i understand it perfectly. There is also the fact that i don't like putting too much brainpower into understanding what someone said because that mich of a brain. Finally it's also because it's not the first time Blastaar complain about what peoples said.

I think i understand the grasp of it, not that want to discuss about it becauseit's too hard for my little brain.

Yeah, second and third+ languages can be a pain, that's fair

The general idea is just that offering an explanation doesn't mean that people think the actions are okay, that they don't necessarily need to be reminded that bad stuff is bad
"Sei behaves like this because this happened to her" =/= "It's okay for Sei to behave like this because this happened to her"
"I punched him because I was mad" =/= "It's okay for me to punch him because I was mad"

last edited at Apr 26, 2020 4:04PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

I hope it's not too weird/inaccurate of a dumbing down, Blastaar

No, that gets the gist, although I'd say "puzzling" rather than "shocking." And that last part can't be simpler than what I said, can it? lol

An author depicting bad behavior, or readers understanding what makes a character do it does not mean "approving" of that behavior.

Gotcha
And no idea, just swapped bits around, just in case it might help get the idea

joined Sep 21, 2014

Can you explain in simpler words ?

Not simple enough, it seems.

This made me gasp af
But ight I'll give it a shot, I think Lilliwyt may have hiccups with English sometimes

There seems to be a congenital confusion on the Dynasty forums on the difference between “explanations” and “excuses.”

People in the Dynasty forums don't seem to understand that there's a different between explaining things and making excuses for things

Many, many stories of all kinds depict poor choices and bad behavior by characters. Better developed stories allow insight into the reasons that the characters do the things they do, while many others don’t, or do so only sketchily.

Lots of stories show characters making bad decisions and show bad behaviour. Better developed stories help readers understand the reasons why the characters behave that way. Some don't however, or don't do it well (not very in depth)

The idea that perceiving why characters do wrong or misguided actions constitutes advocacy for or justification of that behavior by authors or readers in real life (and therefore it always needs to be called out, lest anyone fail to understand that bad things are bad) is quite baffling to me.

What Blastaar finds puzzling*/difficult to understand: people thinking that those [explanations for why the characters behave the way they do] = [authors or readers defending or making excuses for that behaviour], which means that it always needs to be called out, as if people couldn't tell that bad things are bad

I hope it's not too weird/inaccurate of a dumbing down, Blastaar

last edited at Apr 26, 2020 3:39PM