Forum › Posts by jovewolf

joined Nov 14, 2013

What's Mari looking at?

Birds -
https://justjapanstuff.com/2016/07/13/nature-japan-black-kites/

e - Nevermind I just realized you said Mari, not Arisa...

last edited at May 4, 2020 1:43AM

jovewolf
SHY discussion 09 Apr 22:18
joined Nov 14, 2013

Teru's harem grows.

Teru's harem by now is Iko, Ai and... Pepesha?

Maybe Swiss Nurse as well

jovewolf
Oddman 11 discussion 05 Mar 09:12
joined Nov 14, 2013

After all this yuri build up, if this manga end with het I'm gonna be so pissed

What about a bi harem end? As that seems the most likely ending at this point.

jovewolf
joined Nov 14, 2013

So everyone was the same person,, or am I missing something

Everyone was a construct in Ouka's head, and the real Ouka was in fact the idol Kareha that popped up in various chapters (hence why the true Ouka in the final chapter referred to herself as an NPC who got to occasionally see her constructed Chihaya and Ouka interacting)

Merrick is the personification of the true Ouka's subconscious, both constructing the various worlds to support her fantasy, while subtly pushing Chihaya to the true solution.

The trans lady is likely another incarnation of Merrick, one who may have "gone rogue" compared to the other Merricks. My reasoning for this is that Merrick is usually referred to as male through most of the story (though that may be a translation thing) but the final Merrick we see when Ouka returns to the train is a woman.

jovewolf
SHY discussion 01 Feb 07:35
joined Nov 14, 2013

Woulda been funny (though perhaps too obvious and overusing the running-gag national stereotype) if she'd gone full Snowflame but with vodka mind you...

I'm psyched you name dropped this one! I've been speaking highly of snowflame for years.... Bring him back! DC used to have some good characters back then, I think a batman villain once flooded the streets of Gotham with affordable potent weed? Thems were the days

Yeah that was the Floronic Man who did that, who was ironically on the New Guardians team who was opposing Snowflame when he was introduced.

jovewolf
Oddman 11 discussion 06 Jan 14:02
joined Nov 14, 2013

I see the sister awakened some domme powers in her.

Also, that was definitely Kakashi's "ass shove from underground" technique, right?

That trope is way older than Naruto.

Hell there's even an arcade game in Japan with that as the primary mechanic, complete with a rubber ass to poke into.

jovewolf
MariYuu discussion 25 Nov 19:20
joined Nov 14, 2013

I continue to wonder why localization teams change names, when they already have a perfectly fine name for the language they're localizing for.
Like, Mary's a perfectly fine name in English, no need to change that I don't think. Also where's Gloria's hat?

Usually it's because they either want to avoid a character being confused as another with the same name (usually from a prior localization change) or because they want the same to maintain a similar mystique to the original when they localize it - Mary isn't as common a name in Japan as it is in English speaking countries but Marnie is less common and still sounds similar (see also Tina to Terra in Final Fantasy 6).

joined Nov 14, 2013

WHY the Angst tag in a chapter not angsty?

Angst tag is applied to the series as a whole, so it gets applied to all chapters of the book as well.

joined Nov 14, 2013

But also, what is happening to this cast?! The classmates are getting more eccentric and insane by the chapter.

Aru's beams have unintended side effects. Also everyone feels they must live up to their names.

joined Nov 14, 2013

Isn't Mogumo the protag though?

I'm ashamed to admit that while I was contemplating whether I should read this I assumed Tetsu was the protagonist, because he's the only character on the cover who isn't josou, and he has the most generic design. I really shouldn't argue about a manga I'm not reading though.

Lol, yeah, the cover makes it look like some generic crossdressing harem, but it isn't that at all. It only actually has two crossdressers. Both of whom are shown in boys clothes pretty frequently.

One of whom

HAS A BOYFRIEND

He needs more screentime.

He and Yuzu had a starring role in 3 doujins before this series started.

It's actually here as Kimi Dake no Ponytail, though it's much more sex focused.

last edited at Jun 8, 2019 1:32PM

joined Nov 14, 2013

Oh hey look we got some Stretch in our food manga!

jovewolf
joined Nov 14, 2013

And have her characters been getting more . . . ahem, busty lately?

Not particularly - Kuro in "I await your reply" and "Sorry I'm obsessed" was pretty busty - possibly more so than these two - and that was back in 2013.

She may have more characters in a single story that are on bustier side though in her most recent stories however.

joined Nov 14, 2013

At the very least Sachi has always figured that cutting off her pinky was an acceptable punishment for messing with Ayari's stuff since way back in chapter 2, so maybe Sachi just has secret yakuza plans of her own and is prepping her mind for it?

jovewolf
joined Nov 14, 2013

Chapter 53 pretty much explicitly stated that they're more of a married couple than a literal old married couple.

jovewolf
joined Nov 14, 2013

Wait, does this being serialized (according to the author's note in the end of vol 5) mean that it will be taken off Dynasty, or does it have to be serialized in English for that to happen?

It has to be serialized in English.

Anyway, this series is so peaceful and I love it.

It has two official volumes out in English published by Tokyopop already though - and the third is due out next week.

jovewolf
joined Nov 14, 2013

At this point we really only know one character that either Kaede or Nanaki know from that long ago and it's Reina (or Mirei?), the girl who beat Kaede out for being princess in elementary school and is the first one Kaede said she "never wanted to see a sad look on her face", which between that and the childish character of this newcomer, this points to her being Kaede's "first princess" rather than someone Nanaki knows.

last edited at Mar 4, 2019 8:09PM

jovewolf
joined Nov 14, 2013

I just feel like they're wearing ultra baggy clothes.

I do think there's been a noticeable change in the art after Volume 1.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch01#18

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch07#2

Yes, partly it's the difference in clothes, but overall the shapes have been simplified and the details are less refined. (I also agree that the body proportions, for Kaoru and Reiichi especially, have become sporadically elongated and variable.) The increasingly baggy wardrobes seem to serve as labor-saving devices for the artist.

None of this particularly bothers me--the art is generally serviceable, and from time to time gets closer to the way it was at the start. But I agree there has been a change.

Well volume 1 seems to take place sometime around late summer into fall (based on the school uniforms at the very least), volume 2 over the course of fall into winter and continuing into volume 3, so there is an in-story reason for the clothes to get heavier and baggier as well, aside from art changes.

jovewolf
joined Nov 14, 2013

What that handkerchief was from chapter 12 which was almost a year ago? Time went by so fast

For them only a month has passed AT MOST since the start of the story. The first chapter states it is "a certain day in May" and this is June 1st.

last edited at Feb 18, 2019 10:10AM

jovewolf
joined Nov 14, 2013

Me: (sees title) is that some weird ass Japanese idiom I don't know about?
A literal grain of rice: (is literally stuck between Mikage's throat and nose)
Me: Ok then.

That aside, did she cough blood because the rice did hurt her throat or because she forced herself? Either way, that can't be healthy

No she just sneezed out the rice - Hinata is just imagining Mikage is coughing up blood because she thinks Mikage is either gravely sick or somehow injured her mouth fighting. In reality there is no blood, just rice and, presumably, a good amount of phlegm.

jovewolf
Oddman 11 discussion 01 Jan 11:55
joined Nov 14, 2013

What kind of rough play would wreck 4-5 ribs anyway? Joseph Joestar and holy shit fellows.

I think Nuida is just worried about being unable to control her strength once she gets passionate - that and her only other experience is with Brother Inami, who gets off on pain.

jovewolf
joined Nov 14, 2013

yeahhh same. shes been really iffy in this sequel manga

Kase has been iffy since before the sequel - she's doing pretty much the same thing here as she did at the high school culture festival when she demanded that Yamada not wear the same maid apron as everyone else.

jovewolf
joined Nov 14, 2013

was it a 2 year break or a 2 weeks break?

2 years since she last had a concert/song debut probably.

joined Nov 14, 2013

Hmm... whoever is smoking in that flashback panel (probably Shirokuma but hard to say?) has a large bandage on their cheek as well, which is probably some setup for some upcoming angsty backstory.

joined Nov 14, 2013

... Arisa, you can't ignore the law of the land. It's called the "law of the land" for a reason. XD

Well obviously, after that performance, the next arc will be about getting Arisa elected to the Diet.

joined Nov 14, 2013

Neeko's mom, you are doing it wrong! It's not a job if she doesn't get paid! It's not even volunteer work since she never volunteered.

She technically volunteered to her mom, even if she was guilted into it. It's transitive volunteering.

Besides I think her mom is more trying to get her in the mindset that if she's doing all this work anyway, she might as well find a way to get paid for it.