Forum › Posts by Omega Deuse

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

And that right there is why I will never ever drink Boba, why da fuuk would you want a drink with marbles in it?

I wouldn't really compare them to marbles, since they aren't hard. Mostly, they're just fun to chew and they hold some flavor.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Aya was really unprofessional as a journalist: she already had biases against the Myouren Temple before writing her newspaper and really scary as a youkai. Well, that's Aya being Aya.

Isn't the Bunbunmaru basically a rag?

That said, Aya's reporter getup is a special kind of cool. I want more manga with girls in suits and cabbie caps.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 24 May 22:29
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
E1qomafuyayedzm-orig%20(1)

Wait, what was the context for this in the show? It doesn't look like bugs was cross-dressing or anything like that at the time?

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 24 May 22:27
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
E1shzqcvuaaiczy-orig

I haven't kept up with Genshin since launch, but why is there a character named End User License Agreement?

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

First Lovecraft and now Stoker? Both are unexpected, yet rather welcome, especially with art like this.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Imagine going on a plane trip anywhere

Not just a plane trip. They had actual armrests and leg room. I'd peg that as business class, at the least. So imagine being able to afford a spur of the moment plane trip, where you don't have to travel in coach, and then having enough money to afford a suite, with similarly last minute booking.

One of them has Money.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 04 May 02:56
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Ezqlolhuuaaj9rm-orig%20(1)

With all the flirty things Bugs has done, being a girl is the culmination of it all.

I mean, with how often he cross-dresses, I'm not sure if it's a culmination so much as it's Tuesday.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Yes!! Thanks uploader!!
Does Junyeon count as gap moe? Or what's the word to describe the type anyway?

I don't think so? Gap moe is generally when there's a gap between someone's personality and their appearance and it makes them seem unexpectedly cute. Junyeon just has a big personality, but it also seems to go fairly well with her appearance.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

There's just nothing here to hold on to; it's about a relationship that barely exists and two people who seem to be pretty happy with it that way.

Seems to sum up what this story is all about.

Which I don't think is a bad thing? The main message is that they still care about each other, appreciate each other, think of each other, but they don't always need to be around each other or always talking. I think the relationship humble and wholesome.

I think that's a large part of what these last few chapters have been trying to get across: Their relationship doesn't have a lot of the hallmarks you'd expect from a traditional marriage, because they're not trying to fit into a mold. Karumi's personality type and work don't really fit well into a ... let's call it a Hallmark marriage, since that's what people seem to be expecting. Trying to constrain her to one probably wouldn't end well, regardless of who it's with, but Ruriko doesn't seem to place much value on those things either, so giving them to her wouldn't be a real benefit.

Instead, what we're seeing is them creating a structure that works for who they are, rather than what other people expect. Karumi may be physically absent more often, she also frequently thinks of Ruriko and what she would like. More than that a lot of what we see is her subtly attempting to make their time together more meaningful or to share things that are important to her, even if this behavior isn't explicitly called out and she doesn't consciously realize she's doing it.

Take Ruriko's walk home, this chapter, as an example. It's filled with memories of Karumi excitedly sharing something with her, despite the other girl not being there. You could view those scenes as showing how head-over-heals she is for Karumi, while Karumi is only focused on things she likes, but I don't think that really lines up with thoughts like "Just by walking around, I get little bits and pieces of the world Karumi-san lives in. It's a really lovely feeling."

Karumi engages with the world in a way most people don't and she brings a lot of that back to Ruriko, because she wants to share her experiences with the person she cares about. She tells Ruriko about the book and the movie, not because she enjoyed them, but because she things Ruriko will too and because she wants to have that shared experience with her. She tells Ruriko that she's craving curry not because she wants to eat some — she's more capable of eating out on her own —, but because she want to eat curry with Ruriko.

Yes! This is exactly what the whole story is about.

I’m surprised this story is getting so much hate because this is a website devoted to WLW fiction so getting caught up on heteronormative ideals of what marriage means feels... kinda silly

queering marriage by just having it be a disinterested friendship

But that's the thing: They're explicitly not disinterested in each other. They care about each other a great deal, they just express it slightly differently.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 10 Apr 21:07
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Eytpbfsweamyky8-orig

I'm surprised Overwatch is still popular enough to get Yuri fanart

It's art direction is one of the main things it has going for it, even if the game's popularity wains. Honestly, most of the stuff that leads to fanart isn't even part of the game.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 10 Apr 21:04
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Diantha

^What if the glowsticks are filled with glow in the dark lube?

Two words: Plastic Shards, because the contents aren't the only concern.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 10 Apr 21:03
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Exkc-8pwqaqups6-orig

It has to be Ryoko in the middle, because Mako isn't enough of a useless lesbian. She'd have already gone for it by the time you could give her the encouragement.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

There's just nothing here to hold on to; it's about a relationship that barely exists and two people who seem to be pretty happy with it that way.

Seems to sum up what this story is all about.

Which I don't think is a bad thing? The main message is that they still care about each other, appreciate each other, think of each other, but they don't always need to be around each other or always talking. I think the relationship humble and wholesome.

I think that's a large part of what these last few chapters have been trying to get across: Their relationship doesn't have a lot of the hallmarks you'd expect from a traditional marriage, because they're not trying to fit into a mold. Karumi's personality type and work don't really fit well into a ... let's call it a Hallmark marriage, since that's what people seem to be expecting. Trying to constrain her to one probably wouldn't end well, regardless of who it's with, but Ruriko doesn't seem to place much value on those things either, so giving them to her wouldn't be a real benefit.

Instead, what we're seeing is them creating a structure that works for who they are, rather than what other people expect. Karumi may be physically absent more often, she also frequently thinks of Ruriko and what she would like. More than that a lot of what we see is her subtly attempting to make their time together more meaningful or to share things that are important to her, even if this behavior isn't explicitly called out and she doesn't consciously realize she's doing it.

Take Ruriko's walk home, this chapter, as an example. It's filled with memories of Karumi excitedly sharing something with her, despite the other girl not being there. You could view those scenes as showing how head-over-heals she is for Karumi, while Karumi is only focused on things she likes, but I don't think that really lines up with thoughts like "Just by walking around, I get little bits and pieces of the world Karumi-san lives in. It's a really lovely feeling."

Karumi engages with the world in a way most people don't and she brings a lot of that back to Ruriko, because she wants to share her experiences with the person she cares about. She tells Ruriko about the book and the movie, not because she enjoyed them, but because she things Ruriko will too and because she wants to have that shared experience with her. She tells Ruriko that she's craving curry not because she wants to eat some — she's more capable of eating out on her own —, but because she want to eat curry with Ruriko.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

No. Bad Mistress. If your cat maid is nocturnal, have her work at night. Forcing people with different circadian cycles to work normal hours, when those hours aren't necessary for their jobs, is just mean.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

And that's what happens when you don't read Asimov

It's worth mentioning that Asimov's stories were largely about how his famous laws don't work, and generally cause problems.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

It wouldn't be an Ikeda Takashi yuri if there wasn't at least a little bit of angst now would it? Interesting to see where this casual relationship goes, if this will change anything in the long run.

Ataru's line saying she can afford to take things slowly because Kyouko's hot, especially coming immediately after Kyuoko's line, makes it pretty clear that she's angling for a more serious relationship, despite her tough girl act. Similarly, Kyouko's clearly dissatisfied with the state of her faux-relationship and one sided feelings.

The current state of affairs in unstable, so I think it's almost guaranteed things will be changing sooner, rather than later. That change could be Rei deciding she has actual feelings for Kyouko and the two of them getting together for real, but that seems unlikely without some sort of major shakeup and because it would be a real anti-climax for Ataru's ark. I think the most likely scenario is Kyouko and Ataru get together and that causes Rei to realize what she what she could have had and how much she regrets the missed opportunity.

That said, I'm really rooting for the dark horse option: Rei realizes her feelings, but and all three of them go the poly route.

Omega Deuse
Date Night discussion 04 Apr 20:51
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I am very much enjoying both the characters and the art style. I think the color palette is what really does it for me, though the Tattoos and freckles definitely don't hurt.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

That's the tattoo she wanted? Weird choice...

I wonder if it's supposed to be Ein from Cowboy Bebop, but I'm not sure. He's definitely a famous corgi, but he has a slightly darker coat and I could have sworn I've seen an orange corgi in an anime before, I just can't remember which one.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 04 Apr 20:42
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
88132285_p0

It's cool and all... But where are the hands? Can't really see them

The tattooed girl's hands are reaching under the other girl's shirt. Her arms kind-of get lost in the black on black of her dress.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 04 Apr 20:40
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Eewaf4ixoaaqh1w-orig

Speaking of which, here's some official Ochako x Toga art (which is what inspired me request this picture in the first place).

Huh. Have they done any for Momo x Kyoka? It seemed like it would be a bigger thing, given some of the earlier openings.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 04 Apr 20:37
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Exebn7ju4airyme-orig

@ I guess its meant to be light?

Also- drawing good looking rain and a wet environment is pretty hard and takes effort lol
(more than you might wanna put into a meme/gag image?)

Eh. Everything looks pretty dry, there's a decent amount of lighting, and the background's shade in autumn colors (rather than rainy greys and blues). I'm not familiar with this series, but it could be a play on the imagery surrounding lovers sharing an umbrella. (Sort-of like how you'll occasionally see two characters write their names under an umbrella symbol in some anime.)

My other guess would be some sort of sun shade, but it doesn't seem like the right type of umbrella and it still wouldn't really match the fall scenery.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 04 Apr 20:29
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Mochi547_87694394_p1

Honestly, what was she doing holding her skirt up like that if she wasn't trying to tempt Reimu? That's like leaving a bottle of Sake out and not expecting an Oni to come by and drink it.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 04 Apr 20:27
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Evmbugvxuaicrcb-orig%20(1)

No! You should have a sexy nurse outfi for free, every one should have a sexy nurse outfit!
We have to seize the means of production!!!!!

Wait, is that what they mean by Universal Health Care and socialized medicine? Because, if so, sign me up!

I mean, I was already onboard for those things before the free sexy nurses, but I'm not going to say 'no' to such a lovely bonus.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 04 Apr 20:24
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Exxsznuweaa8w4a-orig

Raven x Jinx definitely felt like a bigger thing in the show, but Raven x Fire seems to be MUCH bigger in fan art.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 30 Mar 04:01
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

You can tell the girl on the left is cool 'cause she's wearing her jacket on her shoulders. A telltale cool person sign.

'Tis one of the quintessential cool but impractical looks. It's like wearing a cape without actually needing a cape!

last edited at Mar 30, 2021 4:02AM