Forum › Posts by elevown

elevown
Fake Girl discussion 10 Jul 11:54
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Lol- thats funny- serves him right for turning her on to girls.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This seems to be a one-shot not a series to me.
I dont mind open ended so much in one-shots - there simply isnt room to do much so its understandable- tho ofcourse i profer tehm to end well too :) But if you get a series with an open end- THAT is a lot more annoying.

elevown
Love lab 09 Jul 22:53
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Lol - yup i agree sol that basicaly said it all :) I wish they'd change how it goes in the anime but i cant see that happening :( It even said it was a yuri show in a tag for it on the anime site that lead me to check it out- such a shame since i like the characters.

I wish the show suffered viewer wise because of this and the feedback said 'because it wasnt yuri' - but unfortunately it will probably do better with the 'guys' in it :(

Ok - off to check out mosaic.

last edited at Jul 9, 2013 10:53PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

The cockroach... I would cry too

Not sure why she'd be ok picking up a beetle but not a cockroach- surely they are beetles too? Dont realy see why one sort is worse than another. Not that, living in the uk, ive ever seen one.

last edited at Jul 8, 2013 11:49AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

LOL - that last page - senpai sure has a knack for carrying her :)

elevown
Love lab 07 Jul 13:35
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

In the manga they get boyfriends so if it's following the manga, it isn't a yuri/shoujo-ai title. However, it's funny and got me to actually laugh out loud a good number of times in the first episode so I'll keep watching it. =)

Thats a damn shame- my interest just droped alot lol.. But i will watch at least until the pointless guys insert because it is funny.

elevown
Love lab 07 Jul 13:10
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Anyone watched the new anime love lab? What does anyone think?

Its clearly going for a comedic angle, so maybe we shouldnt expect anything too serious, but I do like the characters and humour.

But if it ends on some kinda note where it was all 'just practice' - then it will realy piss me off.. but if it develops into real feelings that they aknowledge, even if the show doesnt dare go all out with it, then thats fine.

But im a bit wary because of that premis- 'just practicing' or 'pretending' or 'it dosnt count with another girl' - is used negatively quite a lot.. BUT- could also be used as a fun vehicle to lead to real romance..

I guess we will see where it goes. Is this from a manga anyone know?

p.s anyone who hasnt seen it, its an all girls school, the two most admired girls, a bad girl and the student council pres end up in some kinda, 'lets practice at love' comdey together. Tons of yuri potential obviously.

last edited at Jul 7, 2013 1:14PM

elevown
Kase-san discussion 07 Jul 13:02
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I dont get how anyone could think this came AFTER chapter 5- or ANY chapter- its made very clear its a prequel.

I think they were referring to the Chocolate and Kase-san chapter not this new one.

Ah - that would explain the confusion lol. That chapter isnt very clear in its placement.

elevown
Kase-san discussion 07 Jul 00:10
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I dont get how anyone could think this came AFTER chapter 5- or ANY chapter- its made very clear its a prequel.

Page one starts with a 'Back in early april' box- and we see kasa meeting (watching) yamada for the first time- she dosnt even know her name. (page 10 - kase says 'whats that girl doing?' - page 11- 'dont i know her? isnt she in the neibouring class?'

The event we see, that kasa watches and picks up her spirits, is the thing that made her aproach and greet yamada in chapter one.

But i do realy like this manga and hope to see more soon:)

I hope it dosnt go all angsty tho- lets keep it fairly short and sweet and to the point :)

last edited at Jul 7, 2013 12:16AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Thanks for another chapter Zefi :)

I see Mylandah is as psycho as she was in the anime's. I seem to remember she was alot worse in one version, forget which- the ova?

I always thought they went way over the top with her- she's obviously insane and no way she'd be on the satalite - she'd be locked up in a padded cell on drugs and never let out.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Minase Ruruu is so awesome. Very clean, well-styled artwork and general silliness always combine to make an enjoyable read.

That makes it sound like theres a fair bit more by this mangaka - Have they done any more yuri beyond 'Your Fragrance' ? Thats a one-shot I do really like - and this one was good too, so i'd like to read more- assuming anyone ever translates them IF they exit.

last edited at Sep 28, 2014 10:57PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This is the same as holiday of the black cat - just its name not translated.

elevown
Gokujo discussion 03 Jul 01:18
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I don't like the art and there is nothing to like in the characters either - and its not funny to boot.
Well, thats just to my tastes, so I can't read it :(

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This manga is by the azumanga guy yes? Is it anything like as funny, and has any of it been released in english?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I assume these arnt a pair or even hinted at in the manga?

elevown
Aiura discussion 29 Jun 19:01
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I normaly dont watch these 3 minute long anime- it kinds pisses me off they are so short, but i've enjoyed watching this show- character and humour wise its a lot of fun.

But it woulda been alot better full length.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was as cute and fluffy as a box of kittens - and made me smile as much :)

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

What makes it better [for me] is that the artist is only fluent in Thai, but wanted to write something everyone could enjoy. Is there a better way of doing that than getting rid of text entirely?

Thanks for the link - didnt know about that thread :)

As for ONLY speaking thai - thats like his ENTIRE country - and others in the world who speak it- i wouldnt call it a tiny group he can share it with. Also- that would apply to ALL japanese manga too- they dont worry the rest of the world cant read it . And as we see, if there are alot who want to- they translate it themselves.

last edited at Jun 12, 2013 3:31PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I detest no text manga. There are a very few cases where some short manga dosnt need words- for example a lone character observing a beautiful sunset and night in introspection, with extremely well done atmospheric panels, and its all about the 'feel' - that sort of thing.

Unfortunately they are not usualy like that - but like this. Where you actualy have characters who are interacting and SPEAKING! and you try to vaugely get across what they are saying with gestures and pictographs.

These ARE language- just very imprecise - its why language developed furthur so we can convey depth and subtlety. If you want your characters to speak just write the DAMN words!

It makes me think the author is so crap at writing dialouge - or thinks they are- they must have to resort to this. They need to get better at dialouge or get someone to write it for them.. Or stop wasting time on manga and use their artistic skill on something else.

I've over-reacted ofcourse, but except in a manga short where there IS no human interactions- or you have people but they dont speak - and you dont NEED words, then there is no excuse for this.

Can anyone give me a single good reason for having no-text when there are actual words being obfuscated or hidden by gestures, icons and unatural silences?

Theres a reason we dont write in pictographs and wave our arms about and gesture when we wish to communicate. And If a manga needs speach bubbles- then they should have text in them.

last edited at Jun 12, 2013 8:48AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

How come this and other stuff that used to be here is now back again?

Not that im complaining:)

last edited at Jun 3, 2013 8:24PM

elevown
My Heart discussion 25 May 18:37
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

The download for this seems to be corrputed.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Hmm- i dont realy like the art much or colouring, but i did realy enjoy the story.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

just finished reading chapter 1. I was taken over. is it alright to dream of a happy ending with this?I'm actually afraid to proceed and ruin the good impression i already had. love the two main characters

Well, im not gonna look at it (totaly not my thing) but it does have a 'Tragedy' tag so i'd guess it dosn't have a happy end.

last edited at May 14, 2013 8:14AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Yay- all working :) Sorry for messing you around.

elevown
My Steady discussion 13 May 18:17
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Many thanks for your work on this - age gap yuri might be my all time favourite type :) Really enjoyed it.