Forum › Posts by elevown

elevown
Gokujo discussion 03 Jul 01:18
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I don't like the art and there is nothing to like in the characters either - and its not funny to boot.
Well, thats just to my tastes, so I can't read it :(

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This manga is by the azumanga guy yes? Is it anything like as funny, and has any of it been released in english?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I assume these arnt a pair or even hinted at in the manga?

elevown
Aiura discussion 29 Jun 19:01
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I normaly dont watch these 3 minute long anime- it kinds pisses me off they are so short, but i've enjoyed watching this show- character and humour wise its a lot of fun.

But it woulda been alot better full length.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was as cute and fluffy as a box of kittens - and made me smile as much :)

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

What makes it better [for me] is that the artist is only fluent in Thai, but wanted to write something everyone could enjoy. Is there a better way of doing that than getting rid of text entirely?

Thanks for the link - didnt know about that thread :)

As for ONLY speaking thai - thats like his ENTIRE country - and others in the world who speak it- i wouldnt call it a tiny group he can share it with. Also- that would apply to ALL japanese manga too- they dont worry the rest of the world cant read it . And as we see, if there are alot who want to- they translate it themselves.

last edited at Jun 12, 2013 3:31PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I detest no text manga. There are a very few cases where some short manga dosnt need words- for example a lone character observing a beautiful sunset and night in introspection, with extremely well done atmospheric panels, and its all about the 'feel' - that sort of thing.

Unfortunately they are not usualy like that - but like this. Where you actualy have characters who are interacting and SPEAKING! and you try to vaugely get across what they are saying with gestures and pictographs.

These ARE language- just very imprecise - its why language developed furthur so we can convey depth and subtlety. If you want your characters to speak just write the DAMN words!

It makes me think the author is so crap at writing dialouge - or thinks they are- they must have to resort to this. They need to get better at dialouge or get someone to write it for them.. Or stop wasting time on manga and use their artistic skill on something else.

I've over-reacted ofcourse, but except in a manga short where there IS no human interactions- or you have people but they dont speak - and you dont NEED words, then there is no excuse for this.

Can anyone give me a single good reason for having no-text when there are actual words being obfuscated or hidden by gestures, icons and unatural silences?

Theres a reason we dont write in pictographs and wave our arms about and gesture when we wish to communicate. And If a manga needs speach bubbles- then they should have text in them.

last edited at Jun 12, 2013 8:48AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

How come this and other stuff that used to be here is now back again?

Not that im complaining:)

last edited at Jun 3, 2013 8:24PM

elevown
My Heart discussion 25 May 18:37
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

The download for this seems to be corrputed.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Hmm- i dont realy like the art much or colouring, but i did realy enjoy the story.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

just finished reading chapter 1. I was taken over. is it alright to dream of a happy ending with this?I'm actually afraid to proceed and ruin the good impression i already had. love the two main characters

Well, im not gonna look at it (totaly not my thing) but it does have a 'Tragedy' tag so i'd guess it dosn't have a happy end.

last edited at May 14, 2013 8:14AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Yay- all working :) Sorry for messing you around.

elevown
My Steady discussion 13 May 18:17
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Many thanks for your work on this - age gap yuri might be my all time favourite type :) Really enjoyed it.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Should be fixed now. The lack of page 2 is intentional, there is no page 2 in the original scanlation either. 50 thought was a accident.

Uhh- well, page 50 seems ok - but now 20 and 29 seem corrupt?

elevown
Pravda discussion 13 May 08:49
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Page 2 seems to be missing in the online version, and the download has an error for page 12- strangely if i use 7zip page 12 extracts fine though it stil says theres an error- but using winrar, i dont get a page 12 at all.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This download says page 50 is corrupt, and I notice there is no page 2 or page 50 in the online version.

elevown
HK4 discussion 12 May 18:32
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Page 4 of this is corrupt in the download rar file- and I noticed there isnt a page 4 on the online version either- does that mean your copy of it is messed up too?

I've got quite a few corrupted downloads here of late so i've updated my extracters to see if that was the issue- but didnt help in this instance.

Otherwise a good release :) I love konami or the rarer kagasa.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I think I liked this more than how this bit went down in the animes - where she starts off depressed and not even trying. I like how she helps people along the way, how they wait for akari on the beach - and also how the end of the race isnt stupid.

In the anime she falls with like a few hundred meters to go- and dosnt get up till Icchan shouts at her to. Then somehow even though she and jessie were previously on a par more or less, she gets up and beats jessie who by this time must be a hundred meters ahead at least- i.e she'd have to literaly have run 3 times faster than she did previously - and she just isnt THAT fast. This manga version was just a realstic sprint between the 3, all pretty close together.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Don't think I'll read this one- had a glance through and its not my taste- seems seinin- all serious and not cute / fun / romantic etc - very little evident yuri, love polygons of some nature, and I realy dont like the art- too messy and a bit old school- i dunno - i wouldnt say its bad but I dont like the style - look at battle athletes, thats probably alot older, but the lines are much cleaner.

Im sure some will enjoy though.

last edited at May 11, 2013 4:06AM

elevown
Selfish 2 discussion 04 May 01:59
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

2 page 25's.

Otherwise fun :) Gotta love Lucky star!

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

since the tankoubon and the magazine was slightly different, which one does people prefer?

The tank version is alot better- the 3 addition pages arnt in the magazine version, and 1 other page if i remember.. where the magazine one has just one page that isnt in the tank.

And is should of been removed- while its humourous and not bad in itself, - i can see why it was cut- it was totaly at odds with all the surrounding pages in tone and style- it realy disrupted the emotional atmosphere of the final scene.

But if you want to see that one page so you never missed anything - maki maki had a link to the magazine version.

P.s makimaki will be doing a few remaining bits- 4koma from the dvd releases or something.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'm really bad at picking favourites, but I'd say my top three are Sasameki Koto, Girl Friends and Hanjuku Joshi,

the first i heard hanjuko joshi in this type of discussion, i agree,

I'd Agree with these too- and add first love sisters (3 volumes, so not that long, shame it can't all be on reader) and ofcourse Aoi Hana to my best yuri series.

And Hanjuku Joshi- should be alot more well known and rated i think- it maybe may favourite of all- only girl friends equals or betters it.

I think it has the best positive messeges overall for a lesbian couple by FAR - whereas morinaga milks works kind of seem a bit more rooted in the past ways.

SK i thought was great earlier on but about half way got bogged down, so I agree it could of been better if shorter and more focused - or better planned for its length. But I still like it alot overall - and loved the characters - and the ending was very satisfying :)

Now to read it all the way through in one go :) I think reading a long manga once finished gives a much better feel for its overall story than it spread out over years.

last edited at Apr 26, 2013 7:24AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I dont think its missing, rather never got translated / couldnt find raws etc - maybe even just wierd naming issue ? But i've looked before and nowhere on the web seems to have a chapter 11.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Thanks for this :) was both fun and cute! Everyone mostly focuses on Mio, Azunyan and Yui - which I understand, but Mugi sure is cute too.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I think this has to be my favourite ongoing manga that is not licenced.

I realy love it even with its slow, or, i'd rather call it - laid back pace. It reminds me of 'The amber tea house' in this regard. So it dosn't have to 'go' anywhere realy, even by the end, for me to enjoy it.

Im kind of expecting it to end 'positively' but noncommitaly - like just with Matsuri working in the sunflower bookery - and it clear miss sunflower knows she is important to her, but leaving it open..

We have already seen a few times, including this latest chapter, Miss sunflower realising Matsuri is important to her and has changed her life for the better - but It dosnt seem to me to be the type of series where we will get to the point of a mutual romance.

What does anyone else think? The manga would require a change in tone - Matsuri has declared her love from the start, but she never directly persues it, and is fairly 'airheaded' and just not 'serious' enough about it in a romantic sense to move things into romance without change.

So while I'd love for things to develop, and certainly they are getting closer, and miss sunflower is realising Matsuri's importance - I dont see how you go from where it is to wanting to kiss and go out together.. Except maybe if its either a) a fair bit longer or b) has a time skip or two in the story.. (Dislike time skips myself).

p.s

Actualy, i wonder how long has passed during the story? it SEEMS to be about 2 years since Matsuri is a second year and saying its a year till graudation- and it starts out i think not long after she gets in highschool... One way i've though of it could do it, is for Matsuri to start maturing more (which there is some signs of) - for her hormones to start realy kicking in and her getting more serious about Miss sunflower romanticaly.. I could see a more agressive and blatent pursuit by Matsuri proving fruitful before too long:)

last edited at Apr 21, 2013 4:06PM