Forum › Posts by elevown

elevown
Heartbreak discussion 18 Sep 08:04
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Enjoyed that :)

Only thing though.. since when can you surgically remove a tattoo? Cut out a big chunk of skin (they go deeper than just surface too) and then kinda stretch or graft skin back over?? There's no such gross tattoo removal method i've ever heard of..

As far as i know its done with a laser and requires multiple applications- getting about 25% fainter each time- i'd guess each visit needs a while between them too? You are maybe left with a very faint mark- but certainly no scar.

So unless I am missing something it seems very silly and the author misunderstanding and not researching tattoo removal ?

Edit - ok it seems older pre laser methods like abrasion + acid and skin grafts even were used some - but i seriously doubt you could get it done like that now when such a simple way as laser has replaced them- and a graft wouldn't leave a single vertical scar either way.

Its a fairly minor point in a good story but..

last edited at Sep 18, 2014 8:08AM

elevown
Konno Kita discussion 06 Sep 07:36
elevown
Afterglow discussion 31 Aug 16:47
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

A good story- but i don't think it should have a yuri tag?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Harsh, but deserved. You can only burn so many bridges before people stop trying to build them.

Also despite the title I find Emi's reaction to be far more Rational than how most characters would act.

I think the irrational one is the OTHER woman- her actions to be noticed/make Emi jealous were the irrational in the title i'd guess.

last edited at Aug 31, 2014 7:28AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I like the story, but they look like aliens lol- their limbs, and especially necks- are way too long.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Hmm- not bad but i didnt like the art- its messy and ugly imo.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Thanks for another chapter Cryss :) I enjoyed this one- there was nothing in it that was in the anime versions so it was interesting to see.

I like these aliens better than the anime ones- though, unless their top speed is a slow jog (for them) I don't see how a human could beat one in a race lol- if they were capable of sprinting , at 7m tall, you'd need a fast car to keep up!

Btw in this version, is Anna on the right satellite?

last edited at Aug 30, 2014 7:01AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wow- been waiting so long for this- part 2 of my favourite Sono hana pairing :)

Pardon me while I just toddle off and get it.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

There probably won't be any relationship development until it gets cancelled. If I'm lucky I'll get Banana no Nana ending.

I believe this is a web series, so it has very little chance of being cancelled, outside of the author themselves doing it.

Unfortunately Banana No Nana was serialized in a mag and subject to pop polls and readership #'s, a web series on the other hand goes as long as the author wants it to. Though whether this is good or bad depends on a lot of things.

Well- it still has to make enough money to be worth it for them- i mean when like in this case its how the mangaka makes a living - not just some hobby. Not sure if in this case they do their own print runs or its only sold digitally- but they couldn't justify doing it instead of something else if they couldnt pay their bills etc.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Kissing someone to 'bully' them into crying? Doesn't seem very right to me.

Thats not it really- they can say its bullying but it wasnt really. She could tell she was very sad and it was a totally fake smile and she really felt like crying but was holding it all in- so she made her release it all- and im sure she would have felt a lot better for it than pretending it was all ok. Cathartic and all that.. Not that she didnt want to kiss her too..

last edited at Aug 16, 2014 5:40PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'm surprised no one posted the video for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQk1_4ctCy4

if you want to see it in all its' glory I suggest you watch this cause the song really is.......yuri filled.

I was surprised no one posted it too! Pretty much best yuri song. Almost the sole reason I started playing School Idol Festival. The joy I feel when the song is up on daily!

When I found this song I was so surprised how straightforward it was with yuri now I can't stop listening to it XD

Ive been playing School Idol Festival for a few week now (fun for a tablet game) but never had this track- are you playing the japanese version? or does it unlock at a higher lvl? Or i guess its not in the B side rotation any more?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Still waiting on this to be finished before i can read it or my vol 1 & 2 i had to import second hand from some obscure american sites :)

Anyone know how many more chapters to go?

8 more plus extras.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_last_uniform_ch29#15

Lol- thanks :) since im holding off reading it yet i hadnt seen that.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Quite fun :) But why does it have a Maki x Niko tag? I dont think her cardigan being in it rates a tag really?

last edited at Aug 9, 2014 9:02PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Still waiting on this to be finished before i can read it or my vol 1 & 2 i had to import second hand from some obscure american sites :)

Anyone know how many more chapters to go?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

People seem to want the futa works of this guy, I'll add them tomorrow if that's the case.

I couldnt want them LESS- but feel free to add them for those that do if you like- but to me futa is just the fastest way to ruin a good yuri manga.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Im assuming the rushed ending wasnt deliberate - its like the mangaka finds out it wont be continuing in the magazine and they have 2 chapters left to finish it- i think they'd of liked more.

Anyways it was still a nice if cliche ending - a mutual love confession is always good :)

Overall really enjoyed this series. It was very funny in the best chapters, and i liked the characters.

last edited at Aug 8, 2014 11:52AM

elevown
HELLLOOOO WORLD 07 Aug 13:48
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Yay thanks for the release Dynasty. I really liked all these pairings- a shame its over - and we didn't get to see any of the pairs kiss! But fun reads anyways:)

elevown
Opapagoto discussion 07 Aug 02:11
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

ketsune - thanks for explaining the prevalence of this plot device - in Japanese and only Japanese stories (because it USED to be like that back in/before the Meiji era).

It actually answered my question as opposed to just being a derogatory comment demanding everyone share your view or gtfo. Like some people do.

elevown
Opapagoto discussion 06 Aug 23:09
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

What problem are they even hoping to solve?

Just what i thought- why is the premise single child families = dysfunctional kids? Its just not the case - single children get to interact at school with tons of kids- and their friends- this is just not an issue needing solving?

Step 1: human slavery. Step 2: go read something else.

I also hate this idea- you see it in a lot of manga and anime (like Hayate combat butler) where the kids are somehow responsible for their parents debts if the parents cant pay/be found - or even worse sold for the debt.

I've no idea where this comes from unless Japan has incredibly weird laws- but a kid cant possibly be held responsible for the parents debts- even if they were a legal adult- which they never are anyways.

last edited at Aug 6, 2014 11:13PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Art was quite nice- but did i miss the explanation? I've no clue why having long nails means she has to get off..

elevown
Opapagoto discussion 06 Aug 21:04
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This is about the dumbest, most artificial setup I've ever seen, even in yuri. Which means it might well be entertaining, we'll see where it goes.

Also, i can't fight the feeling that this is somehow fake yuri. I know i am probably wrong but it just feels like the whole "phase" thing.

I'm feeling it too, to be honest. The whole Lesbian Until Graduation trope, I'm hoping it won't be like that in the end but...

im getting that feeling too, hope im not right though

Got to agree on both counts- the setup just seems artificial/random/mad/ unnecessarily complex - dunno if i can get into it - but will give it a try.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Not a pairing id normally think of for GnP - it was ok though :)

But i thought Yukari's 'Sir' kinda weird - i'd of gone with Erwin or Matsumoto dono - or left it off entirely.

last edited at Aug 6, 2014 8:53PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sakana_no_miru_yume_ch06#5

The second panel- i dont think the artist meant her took look like a psycho about to attack you with an axe here did they?

But she does- dosnt look like a cute natural smile at all but like she's insane lol.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I liked it but i will add my voice to the consensus that its tad confusing interweaving two time frames with 2 girls who look similar. A bit more thought should of gone in at the planning stage- like making the 2 girls look different.

elevown
Ayame 14 discussion 03 Aug 23:35
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Hmm- not bad, but not sure what to think of it yet- it kinda seems like its going to have love polygons- triangles at the least, and thats not my thing. But it was quite different and look forward to seeing more and hopefully proven wrong.

As for schoolgirls being being well-worn ground, i feel just about every setting has been done thousands of times, in ALL media- personally i like the school settings but still- as razzl says- whether its good or not is down to its quality not its originality in my opinion- though a unique take on a theme can add interest.

Also- its middle school setting- i feel the younger school settings arnt done nearly as much as high school. middle schoolers really should behave different and have different concerns etc if its well written.

I wish there were more elementary school set manga too- and i dont mean loli- like ichigo marshmellow - they can be really funny and cute.