Forum › Posts by Yuki Kitsune

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I feel like Amano-sensei is all over the place. Some of her work is really deep and dramatic, some is fun and fluffy, and some of it I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole. But she does all of it well. Such an amazing talent.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

This must be a pen name or something. There's no way I can't find anything else by such an amazing mangaka.

Yuki Kitsune
Oddman 11 discussion 05 Mar 00:32
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I thought this was ending. Only, it keeps going. And I feel so lost. WTF is going on anymore? Is there still a plot, or has it evolved into slice-of-odd-life?

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

This story is such a contrast to Even Though We're Adults, where the guy is worthy of sympathy. Here we have an explanation for why he's such a dick, but it's definitely not presented as excusing his behavior. From a story-telling perspective, I hope it actually comes back around in resolving his story arc and isn't just throw-away background for the character. Chekhov would not approve.

I am glad to see Midori finally showing some traces of expressing her own wants and preferences. She's always just gone with the flow, it feels like. (Is that what she calls her "bad habit"?)

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I vote for simplifying the tags: Yuri, Lots of Sex, Anything Goes

Because the way things are going, this series is fixing to include the whole catalog before it's done.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

More like Het for Pay.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Yay! So excited to see this one featured. (And the title's been fixed, too!)

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I wonder what kind of "development" is it that people expect from a gag comedy manga

The kind of "development" that means the basic premise for the one joke in the series goes away, usually.

fify
I get where you're coming from in that, once you have "development," the tension that makes it entertaining goes away. But that doesn't mean we can't have a bit more variety in the humor. Used to be cute, but it's gotten old.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

^

But this one is still listed an Ongoing. Does that mean it's been suspended in favor of the new one, or that there are still untranslated chapters in the pipeline?

last edited at Feb 1, 2020 9:40AM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Hmm... I feel like I've seen this notebook somewhere before?

"Chapter 9: Stalker vs Scumbag"

One down, two to go?

last edited at Jan 26, 2020 8:16PM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I have a ton of respect for any author who can take their characters and premise and rework them on a subtle yet significant level like this. No one died. Switching it to Touko's place makes a lot more sense with both her personality and Akari's willingness to cook and stuff. Touko comes across as less of a creepy seductress. And as an added bonus, I'm left imagining: just what was Touko's relationship with Akari's (single) mother?

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

...although my first read of it i thought the woman who got pregnant and who the main character turned away in Chapter 1, was Taneda and the whole story was how they got to that point. But nope I misread the whole thing. I see reading through this thread that I wasn't the only one.

Ditto!! And the misconception wasn't cleared up until the story definitively ended. Girl in the first chapter is "Mihashi-san," but we don't find out Taneda-san's name until chapter 7! (If there's an earlier reference, I haven't spotted it.) And they look enough alike that she could have passed for a younger version of Mihashi.

Maybe we could add something to the landing page, since there's no description there at all right now?

last edited at Feb 25, 2020 12:44AM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I wish there were more of this

Specifically, I'd like to see one or two chapters somewhere between 2 & 3. The build-up works, and the conclusion kind of works, but it just felt like they jumped over a whole section where they start to realize their feelings.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Going to try to avoid ones that are already here, but it's tough to check them all...

Chapters:

Anthologies:

Series:

Ya know, for a series that's mentioned on so many people's lists here, it's surprising that Out of the Blue has so few comments. Was going to skip it, but clearly this one needs to be shared more.

last edited at Feb 11, 2020 10:03PM

Yuki Kitsune
Their Story discussion 12 Jan 19:58
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

"Take off your clothes before getting in the bed." If this were any other series....

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

"Now it's my turn." Truly the roles of frog and salamander have now switched!

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

1) I feel like it should have been "Orcanado" (Which works really well when you consider that Orkan is German for "hurricane"), but that's just me being picky.

2) Kei-chan needs to have a chat with Kine-san.

3) My ferret passed away this past weekend, so seeing her playing with her tube-rat makes me sad.

Yuki Kitsune
Yuri Moyou discussion 18 Dec 10:27
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Minor effects at most. Pheromones will make even really ugly people seem more attractive to those affected, but that doesn't really affect their actual appearance much.

Not saying you're wrong, just that, as with many such beliefs, there's a kernel of truth to it. I guess my point is that I get how such a myth, silly as it seems, could come about.

Yuki Kitsune
Yuri Moyou discussion 18 Dec 09:37
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Love this series. I just wish there were a way to read each sister's arc as a stand-alone.

Sex does not make people prettier and is not good for the skin. That is one of the weirdest rumors I see in Asian culture for some reason.

Well, not sex per se, but being in love does cause hormonal changes that are associated with clearer skin and pheromones that make a person more attractive. (Not that those effects last more than the first couple months of a new relationship.)

Sex is also no replacement for workouts...

Yer doin' it wrong. ;)

Yuki Kitsune
Kabedon discussion 03 Dec 13:26
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

LOL, the things you learn when you hang out around here long enough. Just had to explain this term to my otome game-obsessed wife.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Grr... Okay, hair ribbon, make up your mind. Which side do you want to be on?

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Wtf this was released here in 2011 and its a sequel to a story that was released in....2015 I'm so confused.

Those are just the scanlator release dates. The one in 2015 was from the July 2011 YH magazine. But since releases for YH:WR.6 go back to Dec.2010....

It's not really a sequel so much as a crossover or shared universe. It wouldn't even matter if it weren't for the Extra in Sayuri-hime.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

After comparing the art between Moke and Mani versions, I have reached a conclusion: Moke can't draw legs.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Harem?

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

It's almost bittersweet ... only someone forgot the sugar.