Forum › Posts by elevown

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

One thing I thought from the show is Maki seemed to love song writing & not to want to go into her parents hospital - I'm not sure she would do it - or if she had any pressure to. Also her parents own it/run it right? If they wanted her to take over, wouldn't she be in management? A doctor isn't gonna know the first thing about running the place.

elevown
Image Comments 06 Jul 03:45
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Tumblr_npmyqlenjq1uq1ik1o1_1280

My Japanese sucks - does that writing at the bottom say 6/9 Nozomi-chan - happy birthday? From what I can make out it seems to. If so then I missed the joke at first - the position is due to Nozomi's 69 birthday date lol?

I checked - her birthday IS listed as 9th of June :)

last edited at Jul 6, 2015 3:50AM

elevown
Image Comments 05 Jul 23:25
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Untitled-3

^ LoL :) If only they would solve it that easy in the show.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I thought at first Matsuri would be the next Miss Sunflower and that would be the end but (a) that wouldnt happen if they were a couple and (b) even if they never are, it would mean this Miss Sunflower has to die young, too, which would be pretty far-fetched.

I've said it before but that is one of the main differences between the current miss sunflower and previous ones relationship and Matsuri's to the current one. Miss sunflower loved the origional miss sunflower but not romantically - and admired her etc- and wanted to become her / like her.

Matsuri on the other hand is in love with miss sunflower - she doesn't want to be like her - but WITH her - as she tells us here.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/miss_sunflower_ch18#18

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

God, 36 chapters and we still reached 1/9 way to there. This will be long..

I think this comment is meant for some other manga?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Why do people here hate the guy so much? To be honest, he is the most decent character throughout the series. Always rooting for yuri but considering how much the two girls hurt each other later, I rather have her ending up with him.

With 12 posts I'll guess you are new here? and not been lurking for years with that question. About 70-80% of the stuff here is yuri - at one point DS put up nearly only yuri stuff (though they kinda ended up like that by accident not design i think) then started diversifying more broadly again.

But it is still a major site for yuri fans if you didn't know. Its not so much most people here hate guys - just that they want yuri :) If you compare how much het or even yaoi manga exists to yuri it is still a tiny minority so we don't exactly need more het in our yuri mangas. Thus when it looks promising but then starts going het, yuri fans get upset.

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 7:18AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

The end is not bad or good. It's quite open, with a timeskip of 7 years. Not necessarily a yuri ending, but at least it's not a het ending.

Personally that sounds like a bad end to me.

Yup to me too. Though from the start it didn't look like the sort of series to have a positive yuri ending tbh.

last edited at Sep 25, 2015 9:28PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Hum... don't they look a lot like Mari and Akko?

Morinaga often uses the same archetypes. They were the same in Secret recipe and many others - in fact they didn't originate in girlfriends either - the 2 same character designs started out in 'even if we're not friends' as Hitomi and Nana.

last edited at Jul 2, 2015 7:40AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Yay a new Morinaga and it looks very promising :) And Hana x Hina look different enough in face / height, personality to distinguish them from her other characters that use these archetypes. I like that the smaller girl is the sempai - even if it's only by a year.

elevown
Image Comments 29 Jun 05:39
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
April-fools%20(1)

I agree the second strip is too sad - they need a real baby not nico-chan lol.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Can somebody give me a character recap for Matsuri's classmates? Haven't heard from them for a while so I have forgotten who is who.

OK lets see...

Nanase Nanako - (Nana) joins the story first back in chapter 2. Matsuri's class president - had a problem with books when we met her messing up the school library. Long black hair in twin tails, wears hair clip. Admires miss sunflower. Is a big fan of the author Kuroizato - (miss sunflowers brother). http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/miss_sunflower_ch02#6

Minami Ami - First joins in chapter 11 - Short black hair. Small and cute, but sometimes Matsuri thinks says scary things. Likes horror?. Manga fan. http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/miss_sunflower_ch11#4

Tachibana Ritsuka (Ricchan) First met in chapter 14. Long brown (purple?) hair with a clip / braid - sometimes big braids. Reads a lot (too much at the start). Joins Matsuri's class in year 2 - but first met her the year before when they went to the festival together. Admires / bit of a crush? on miss sunflower. A bit of a queen / Tsundere type. http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/miss_sunflower_ch14#2

last edited at Jun 29, 2015 5:30AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

does any one know how many more chapters to come ?

As far as I know it's still ongoing so no.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

but not in a relationship - that will be left an open question.

I pretty much agree with you other than this bit. I don't think it being left up in the air is going to happen at this point since it's clear that Miss Sunflower has some sort of feelings for Matsuri too, even if they may not be romantic ones. Though I am curious how that situation might be handled if she doesn't end up returning those same feelings since the series mostly avoids drama and that sort of outcome would typically be very drama filled.

I agree miss sunflower certainly has feelings- she definitely loves Matsuri imo - but it isn't romantic love yet- or she hasn't realised that it is. What I mean by an open question is if it ends with Matsuri still in love with her - working at the store so they are still together all the time - miss sunflower loves her - but its not totally clear in what way - like right now.

That would leave it plenty open for your own interpretation of what their future would hold- just because the story ended on it never being specifically said what miss sunflowers feelings are doesn't mean they can't develop into more after the story ends.

To not leave that open you would need Matsuri to not just declare her love like she does all the time but ask for it to be returned and miss sunflower to say that she can't. And I don't think this story will do that.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Alright, I like this series, but in all seriousness, how much longer could it possibly be? I just don't see where else it could possibly go without dragging itself out (which tbh its already shown signs of starting to do exactly that). I'm just worried that this series is gonna do what so many shounen series are guilty of in that it'll start of super lovable but then go so unnecessarily long that I start to hate it cough Bleach cough. Because honestly, this series could ended itself in one or two volumes or so and I would've felt perfectly satisfied as long as it had an ACTUAL conclusion.

I think reading it with the expectation of a goal - or end it was aiming for - such as matsuri x himawari - is bound to make you impatient. To be honest I dont think that was the story the author set out to tell.

It is a simple slow paced slice of life story about these characters. Yes matsuri is in love with miss sunflower- but that doesn't mean the story is all about that and it ends with them together.

I think it will go on telling the simple daily life of these characters getting to know each other better - perhaps for as long as the mangaka enjoys writing it and the magazine will publish it. Matsuri will end up working in the book store at a guess- they will both be closer - but not in a relationship - that will be left an open question.

That's my guess anyway. And while I would love it if it would move on to romance developments and them ending up together - I'd be surprised to see it happen - and can still enjoy it a lot without that because I love the characters. The story is the journey not the destination.

That said - Matsuri is in her final year already taking extra lessons for maybe going to college - so her finishing high school may well bring big changes or the story to a close.

last edited at Jun 28, 2015 7:10PM

elevown
Image Comments 25 Jun 18:57
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
6a02ab0eb603d268079aeb1cdf7cb456

I can't enjoy pics with major problems - in anatomy or whatever - it's too distracting - I'm an artist myself - I know what goes into a picture - even if I couldn't do better I know I wouldn't make certain basic errors.

Also with this one her tail seems to be coming out of her lower middle back instead of her tailbone - which is a fair bit lower.

elevown
Image Comments 25 Jun 11:52
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ Ok, lol I forgot about sliding doors- that's most likely it - but still the futon shouldn't be placed right in the doorway.

elevown
Image Comments 25 Jun 03:41
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I don't understand the view point - there's no door - its very narrow - a window? dosn't seem to have glass or handles in it and it goes way too far down to the floor - if its some kinda narrow doorway with no door and an odd frame, why is the futon placed right it the doorway?

If you can make sense of the scene please explain?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Oh come on! Inugami never said "I should screw you." in the anime! And why the foul language in the manga? They never had Inugami talk like that in the anime either. Someone please help me! I mean, it's not like I don't like it, but the changes from the anime and manga totally surprised me. Especially this chapter from episode 7.

You do realise the manga came first by a long way right? The anime is a poor clone that tamed down and made 'safe' - the original manga version. They changed stuff to make it friendly for day time broadcast.

Almost everyone thinks the anime totally sucks compared to the original manga - and in making it family friendly they have lost most of what was enjoyable.

Personally i still quite enjoyed the anime ok - but there's no doubt the gfx style and sharper / naughtier humor of the manga is a lot better still.

last edited at Jun 25, 2015 3:45AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

So...she was basically just raped, wasn't she? I mean, unless that's some kind of arrangement they already had but...she literally couldn't even move when they left. So yeah, I'm calling rape.

I got the impression they were a couple - didnt look rapey at all.

elevown
Image Comments 20 Jun 03:23
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Chykqvguyaafytz.jpg%20large

LOL! She's gonna get eaten.

elevown
Image Comments 19 Jun 01:13
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Tumblr_nq665xmji11tbrceao1_1280

Lol- ive not even seen the film and thats funny - wtf is that guy trying to do? I hope they ate him seconds later - and Eli looks so silly doing that lol especially with cute Alpacas.

last edited at Jun 19, 2015 1:14AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was a great chapter :) There maids playing twister - poor Akina with all that thigh to thigh lol.
And It's a maid! Lol- nearly everywhere they went.

Anyone know why on page 17 Kaede is holding a salmon lol? Given the content of the panel a carp would make sense but what's a salmon got to do with it?

elevown
Image Comments 18 Jun 14:52
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Tumblr_npuycwhgta1tmyi9to1_r1_500

^ Nope- no 'Ma' either.

elevown
Image Comments 17 Jun 23:31
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
9fbc0b53f2b22fd1ad57f84b54f3d73e

What type of ship is the small girl - something tiny?

elevown
Image Comments 17 Jun 23:29
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Tumblr_npuycwhgta1tmyi9to1_r1_500

That was funny & cute! I bet Maki will never forget those 2 elements symbols now :)