Forum › Posts by elevown

elevown
Image Comments 02 Apr 12:41
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
56142724_p2

Don't really know anything about rwby but it was cute :)

elevown
Yuru Yuri discussion 31 Mar 04:59
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Those were great chapters :)

elevown
Image Comments 27 Mar 16:15
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
19262005_p0

Why is 'no' a question?

Also - I think it would of been a lot cuter if it was Mio who was pointing at yes with that expression - it would make more sense she needs the pillow because she can't say it out loud.

last edited at Mar 27, 2016 4:17PM

elevown
Image Comments 25 Mar 14:25
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
19262005_p0

If it wasn't tagged I'd have no clue it was Mio and Ritsu..

Also - does anyone else think stockings with no toes seem really dumb / don't look good / would be really annoying to wear?
I don't get them.

elevown
Steps discussion 24 Mar 01:14
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was nice :) Now I want to see more of the other couple in the aroma chapters :) On Page 7 - 8 that IS Miyano the art teacher stand in from the other couple right?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I really enjoyed this chapter and all the references :) I feel the TL notes though shouldn't have just covered shrine visits but mentioned WHY the Washinomiya shrine is an otaku pilgrimage (most people wont go to check a website) -

The Washinomiya shrine is the shrine Kagami's family run in Lucky star - (And she & Tsukasa sometimes help out at as shrine maidens).

P.s coincidentally the author of my favourite lucky star fanfic talks about this shrine is his notes last chapter - they really do have tons of otaku go there - they even have prayers from Kagami & Tsukasa as though they really worked there :)
He even managed to find Kagami's house number lol if you want to see it in street view! The shrine is right next door.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10926205/11/The-Rabbit-and-The-Puppy

last edited at Mar 22, 2016 11:29AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

It was ok - not really my thing when there's zero story - but I'm curious - why doesn't Remi have any wings?

I proffer her with small cute wings than big ones - but you can't draw her with none!

last edited at Mar 17, 2016 3:59AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wow- looking forward to this :) As long as they don't show us any of the game couples have broke up - But I get the feeling it will be 90% about the new pairing not the old ones.

The game is english text /subtitles - Japanese voices - as is the best way :)

I totally loved it - I sure hope every yuri fan on here who could afford it has supported it :)

The names have mostly gone but I really loved some of the side couples - the smaller teacher and tall girl were my favs
but Maki and the girl who always helped out were great too, as were sasa and the hyper girl - and the rock chick and the disciplinary girl :)

I wasn't mad on the track couple - though they were sweet when not being idiots - and I was hoping you'd have a choice of who Yuna ended up with - I thought she suited the other option who seemed a possibility - you know who if you've played it.

P.s I know its not cheap but it's totally worth it :) People happily pay that much for a doujin or tank import - and the game is VERY long for what it is - how long are the sono hana games each - about 3-4 hours? My play time for kindred spirits is 38hr!
You can't put a price on that much yuri :)

last edited at Mar 16, 2016 1:01PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I know and I don't want to go there. I am (and was) takling about what " I " specifically mean from the word "shoujo ai/yuri". So if I say shoujo ai/yuri, you can assume that I am talking about the soft one. You can take it as my personal definition. :D

That's fine - I used to use it like that years ago - It was more used like that back then than now - but don't be surprised when everyone misunderstands you when you have a personal meaning most don't share.. The point in languages is we kinda agree on what words mean or it doesn't work. Why not just say soft-core or non explicit yuri then you will be both accurate and understood.

Also -Yuru yuri is amazingly wonderful - probably a lot more yuri fans like it than don't - it has great characters and some great ships -and is very funny - and it was never gonna have serious yuri - it's a comedy show - with bonus yuri subtext /undertones.

Compared to azumanga daioh for example - it's got WAY more yuri - does that make azumanga daioh naff even though it's one of the funniest such series to exist? It had a tiny bit of yuri subtext too. Both series are primarily comedy shows - yuru yuri is not ABOUT the yuri.

That said - I'd love it if it developed serious yuri too - but I can't see it happening. At least in Shinozaki it MIGHT happen down the line - but like people said - it would have to be near the end because hooking them up normally brings these kinda manga to and end - and no author of a popular manga making money wants to rush to end it if its their only income and who knows if they can duplicate that success?

I do think there is more room for character development though - and the author is using various gags / ideas a lot - but the development doesn't HAVE to be about her feelings for Kaede - there is also the otaku stuff. Part of the problem seems to be Shinozaki makes progress in one area or another but then seems to backslide the next chapter.

last edited at Mar 15, 2016 5:11PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

The fucking food items in the credits... 10/10

Lol :) Had to go back and check - i missed the stuff on the blackboard!

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I really liked it - is it a one shot? I assume so since it doesn't say chapter 1. There were quite a few English errors - also,
If Mikan has loved that shop forever, presumably she buys stuff there a lot - so how come she doesn't recognize the owners daughter who works there?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Still really enjoy this manga :)

Out of curiosity - on the credits page he says Marisa is 'basically' the main character in Touhou - would most fans say that?

I mean I know she is right up there in the top 3 for sure but if you had to name one character as the main wouldn't it be Reimu?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Yup - not sure it needs a yuri tag.

elevown
Image Comments 08 Mar 22:17
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
037810d24a2eb8a0bd440ad7aeea330e

@loudsea Lol - you are right that's what it's meant to be - been a while since I watched it - but I still think the tuft and hair in general are a bit off (not messy enough with, too few strands) and the face is a bit off for her and it combines to make her look like a cat girl - though I see it isn't deliberate now.

elevown
Image Comments 08 Mar 20:44
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
037810d24a2eb8a0bd440ad7aeea330e

^The El Cazador one would look better if Nadie didn't have cat ears- makes it not look like her much.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was good :) I like this pairing too. The last page threw me for a minute though - it's too sudden a transition and looks like it follows directly on - I thought Koromo had entered the bredroom too - whereas it is actually some time later. Would of been better with some kind of transition panel or words.

elevown
Their Story discussion 05 Mar 09:42
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

There was some funny stuff in this :) But I have to say, is nobody doing QC on this? There were a lot of obvious english errors.

elevown
Image Comments 05 Mar 00:58
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Ojsy37v

^^It is a thing - see link in first post - order away lol.

elevown
Image Comments 04 Mar 23:03
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Ojsy37v

LOL :)

I can't really make out the reflection in Eri's eyes - is it meant to be the shirt a lot higher revealing part of a breast? it looks kinda weird.

last edited at Mar 4, 2016 11:03PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

There seems to be quite a lot of Aikatsu stuff popping up recently - how come?

I've never seen it but it doesn't have any yuri subtext really right - like at precure levels maybe?

elevown
Pack discussion 01 Mar 00:56
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Nice art - tho it's more like a flash back than a time skip - but since there's no flash back tag I guess it's close enough.

elevown
Image Comments 25 Feb 07:30
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
11326042_p0

Its surprising that their pairing tag was totally empty when they are 2 major characters - though I guess they don't have much call to interact normally. But I'd like to see a doujin for them too :)

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was good :) A bit large on the DL tho at 100meg - I think you should resize stuff that big and save some bandwidth - we don't really need such huge images - you could probably get it down to 30 or less with barely any loss of quality.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I enjoyed this a lot more than most of his stuff since I don't care much for his milk fetish - but what I REAALY want to see is more of that second image on page 14! (Rize X Sharo)

Rize looks incredibly sexy in that black lingerie / stockings!

I don't suppose anyone knows if the untranslated writing on the last 2 pages says this is what he's working on next or 'please buy this other already out doujin by our circle' or something?

last edited at Feb 21, 2016 10:23PM

elevown
Image Comments 18 Feb 11:55
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Yaiaeo7

^ Thanks for the link :) That page also seems to be the precursor for this one - so now it makes more sense!