Forum › Posts by Jeanne Mathison

Jeanne Mathison
Anime season 23 Jan 21:36
joined May 24, 2019

I looked up "Manga no Tsukurikata!" and it's a huge thing, 46 chapters. It's hosted here in Dynasty archive. What's so bad about it?

In ch1, two girls start dating
They have strong feelings for each other (one suki, one akogare) so we, the readers, we all guess their intimacy (romantic and physical) can only grow from now on
About 45 chapters later, there's finally some growth: one of them gives the other a kiss on the forehead....

Even the scanlators dropped this thang, in bitterness, 3 years ago.......
The name of the author has become infamous among fans

Jeanne Mathison
Anime season 22 Jan 15:55
joined May 24, 2019

Hope springs eternal.
But Auri Hirao is bad news.

I looked it up in mangaupdates.com and Oshi ga Budoukan Itte Kuretara Shinu is tagged as Comedy, Drama, Seinen and Slice of Life. Other series by Auri (like Manga no Tsukurikata) are tagged Yuri or Shoujo Ai, but this one doesn't have those tags.

Ohmahgod Manga no Tsukurikata! that wreck! now I remember why the name Auri Hirao triggered a feeling of danger, dread and doom... :((

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Kaoru is totally in playful kitty-cat mode. I guess her last encounter with Bou-chan left her in high spirits...

Of course she is! and why wouldn't she? she has earned the right!
Before, Bou-chan was cold and emotionless to her. Totally apathetic, she looked at her with indifferent eyes, unmoved by her attentions.
But, last time, Bou-chan got so furiously angry at her she threw everything in the room at her!

That's progress! :))))))

Seriously: in romantic affairs, anything's better than indifference.

last edited at Jan 21, 2020 8:28PM

joined May 24, 2019

Oh but lately she's been badly hit by the cliché trope of "Casanova no girl has ever resisted falls madly in love with the one girl who rejects their advances!" Nobody's perfect...

I wonder where that one trope comes from? The idea that if you want to win the heart of an irresistible womanizer who has all the girls in the world at his/her feet, the right way is playing hard to get. Imho it doesn't seem to make sense... but maybe it's just I don't get it.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

But she said she will be ok if Kanda is a girl if she stay with the same cool attitude.

Were I in Kanda's shoes, I too would take that statement with a grain of salt...

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Újfehértói fürtös ágyas meggypálinka ftw!

You say tomato, I say tomahto.

You say újfehértói fürtös ágyas meggypálinka, I say kirsch.

Germanic languages sure make it short. :D

Jeanne Mathison
Still Sick discussion 18 Jan 13:26
joined May 24, 2019

I would excuse her if this was the deadline, but in her inner dialogue she kept saying how she was the best of them all, and how she was annoyed that Maekawa won instead of her.
She's envious and jealous, but the author will redeem her too. There's not a single bad person in this manga.

Eh? But... does this mean nobody will grab Toudou and throw him off a cliff?? Poo. :(

Jeanne Mathison
1 x ½ discussion 10 Jan 12:40
joined May 24, 2019

Taiyaki just announced she's updating tomorrow on Twitter. ❤️

Wonderful news! <3
Now all we need is sum scanlators who'll drop everything rl to work fast on this, lol

Jeanne Mathison
Still Sick discussion 10 Jan 12:35
joined May 24, 2019

If my lover deadpan said that to me...

https://i.ibb.co/nR7C8SH/Clipboard01.jpg

I think I'd nearly die of embarrassment. >.<;;;

And you'd well deserve it, too..
Pretending to sleep to deflect your lover (who wants to talk or cuddle) is bad bed etiquette....
kids (and adults), don't try to do this at home!

last edited at Jan 10, 2020 12:36PM

joined May 24, 2019

In my humble opinion, I think this demon is somehow a high class demon that wasn't supposed to show up there, a being that shouldn't be given orders but instead you give offerings... I bet she expect the witches to give their souls to her for all eternity, with one look this demon can see the very nature of each witch, she saw that the protagonist is "tainted" and that the crazy bitch doesn't know her place or what she's doing (I even dare to say that with one look, she even knew her lineage and powers so she laughs).

ANYWAY in short, we are not supposed to understand, because the kids clearly don't know with who they're dealing with and the risk.

Well, looking at it that way at least it makes sense, so I guess you're prolly right.

That's one mysterious kitty by all accounts, that's sure.
Btw I wonder if I'm the only one who heard here the voice of Tsukino Usagi / Mitsuishi Kotono: "Ne...neko ga, neko ga shabetta!?"

joined May 24, 2019

Oh, oh, as for me, I would LOVE to discuss in depth and detail how this story (and all the other lovecraftian manga by Tanabe Gou) compares to Alan Moore's lovecraftian trilogy of Courtyard/Neonomicon/Providence!

Yeah we could discuss how Moore is 100 times more controversial that Lovecraft. :(
In his books, the lady MC is shagged by a dagon and then happily gives birth to Cthulhu.

It's like with Tolkien: those guys are darlings of the fan and the media even though they're way out extreme, but Lovecraft is the one who gets the bad rap.

joined May 24, 2019

Oh fun looking forward to this new yuri!

What do you mean there's only thinly-veiled racism and weird monsters.

If you want thinly-veiled racism, try Tolkien. In Lovecraft world, the whities get eaten as often as the colored people. Actually, much more often.

joined May 24, 2019

Summoning a demon who bannishes your classmates to hell. So is that like a week's detention?

Pfft I can see it
The teacher finds that those three girls summoned demons to harm their classmates, and scolds them:
"Bad witches! Very bad witches! You will be sent to bed without dinner!"

Btw I don't understand AT ALL what's the meaning of all the weird stuff the cat demon said. She asked if they were witches, if they knew her name (she didn't get any answer), then she said "Perhaps if you were my slaves, have you forgotten?" (huuuh??? forgotten what!!??), then she said to someone "You have come to know your role..." (not even sure to whom she was speaking ^^;;;), then she turned into a sexy woman and banished Mari (and Alice). All this sounds like total gibberish to me.

Jeanne Mathison
Still Sick discussion 03 Jan 12:46
joined May 24, 2019

Tell Shimizu you love her.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

I thought food binges were for the times you're depressed?

It's the first time I see it done out of exhilaration, lol.

Exhilaration? When was that?

Jeanne Mathison
Image Comments 27 Dec 16:37
joined May 24, 2019
Ts_lastgift1

Yuri is strength!

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Ok so here it is:

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/16307-yuri-kabe

A Christmas gift for everyone. Hope you like it. :))

Jeanne Mathison
Yuri Kabe 27 Dec 16:07
joined May 24, 2019

Yuri Kabe: a 8-chapter yuri manga by SetaSeta.

SetaSeta is a well-known author in the Spanish-speaking community of yuri fans (her works have been translated to Spanish) but it's very unusual to find anything by her in English.

Imagine my surprise when, surfing through a comics archive, I happened by pure chance upon this: the Yuri Kabe manga, completely scanlated in English!

Here are the links to the 8 chapters:

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Jeanne Mathison
Image Comments 26 Dec 23:10
joined May 24, 2019
Spoiler_en-1209594618406301697

A classic, never gets old.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Actually, me too, I have a little Christmas present for everyone...
Is it okay to use this thread for the post?

Jeanne Mathison
1 x ½ discussion 23 Dec 18:18
joined May 24, 2019

What I want is for Taiyaki to support the thesis, “Given the right circumstances, mother/daughter incest can be a good thing,” by showing us those circumstances.

Agree, that is what makes this series special. She has done a good job so far - particularly managing to make Asuka a massive mothercon, but without making her helplessly dependent or immature (also she isn't entirely isolated/inexperienced, she chose Ayako over alternatives). Taiyaki has also avoided toxic clingy parent tropes for Ayako - as much as she likes having Asuka around, she doesn't sabotage or infantilise Asuka & her first impulse was concern early on when she thought Asuka might be regressing.

That's when Asuka confessed to her and she realized her daughter's feelings, right?

There's a moment (that comes in the timeline a while before Asuka's confession) that illustrates even better (imho) Ayako's change... it's the scene where she muses that recently Asuka looks different... strangely cute... oh of course she was always cute... but recently she looks a different kind of cute... what could it be, hmm... then her coworker walks by and comments "oh your bento is so cute, it looks delicious, I totally want to eat it, yum yum" and Ayako spits her drink because she comes to a big epiphany: that's more or less how she sees Asuka now! :)))

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Tengo un regalo de Navidad para todos los miembros del foro que leemos y escribimos en este tema. (A los demás, que les den morcilla. :P )

La autora de Yuri Kagi, SetaSeta, tiene otro manga yuri que se llama Yuri Kabe. Yuri Kagi quiere decir "La Llave del Yuri" y Yuri Kabe quiere decir "La Pared del Yuri."

Yuri Kabe tiene 8 capítulos, y es tan delicioso y divertido como Yuri Kagi. Yuri Kabe nunca ha sido traducido al español, pero ha sido completamente traducido al inglés. Sin embargo, no se lo encuentra aquí en Dynasty, ni tampoco en ningún online reader de mangas en inglés.

Ah, pero adivinen qué: ¡he encontrado en un sitio de archivos la versión inglesa de Yuri Kabe COMPLETA!

Así que se las traigo a todos ustedes como regalo de Navidad. :))

Todos los que disfrutamos Yuri Kagi podemos ahora disfrutar este otro manga de su autora. (Y además a diferencia de Yuri Kagi a este no le falta el último capítulo, jejeje.)

Aquí les dejo los enlaces para los 8 capítulos de Yuri Kabe / Yuri Wall / La Pared del Yuri (en formato jpg largo, tipo cascada):

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Y con un poco de adelanto les deseo: ¡¡¡FELIZ NAVIDAD A TODOS!!! :))))))

last edited at Dec 24, 2019 1:16AM

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Why Michiru and Airi talking about Airi's childhood is strange ?

It's not. There are many possible explanations. And all are equally good.
Pushing your favorite one as the Only Right One is not cool.

I just point out that no, Michiru don't know everything about the training like someone mention. She just answer you should thanks your grandfather AFTER Airi explain who her grandfather was and she have practise bowling. It's not remotely close as knowing everything.

Okay. It's one way to read it. Perhaps other people put more weight in other details.

Like, say, after the split everyone is shocked except Michiru (p13), Airi needs to explain her past to everyone except to Michiru (p14), Michiru asserts that "Airi's good for real" with a poise and confidence that suggests she knew it from the start (p15).

Maybe it's one thing, maybe it's the other, there's no canon exegesis. I'm fine with all the proposed explanations. No need to dismiss any of them.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Why Michiru and Airi talking about Airi's childhood is strange ?

It's not. There are many possible explanations. And all are equally good.
Pushing your favorite one as the Only Right One is not cool.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

To hear some readers you'd think we're the judge and jury in some kind of moral small-claims court.

One wonders where the custom of simply enjoying a good story went... :(((((