Forum › Posts by elevown

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

As the title says.

https://twitter.com/liar_railsoft/status/845205907331989505

I think that's what it says?

Ofcourse it won't be English text version too I assume.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Its nice to see them just talk through the misunderstandings :)

Also - Kasumi's way of using her own name when refering to herself is deffinatley NOT a deliberate affectation to seem younger or cute I've realised.

The 1 or 2 times she doesn't do it are either the author forgetting, or the character speaking differently than her normal way because of, like in one case, it being a single word of denial/agreement she wanted to blurt out quickly, and it took precedent over her own name being first or something - I mean her normal speaking was over ruled by some situation that made her talk a bit differently.

I think anyone can alter how they speak without meaning to in some circumstances without that meaning their 'normal' way is not their real normal way but a choice. Like someone might regain a lost accent when angry without even knowing - their 'new' accent free way to talk is not a choice though hiding how they really talk in private or something.

Kasumi maintains her speech pattern in all the stressful circumstances - after just being kissed, when she thinks she is being dumped, while being confessed to by the girl she loves - and the thing that settles it for me - is Kasumi THINKS like that too. there is no way her internal voice would think in that speech pattern if it wasn't her real natural way to speak and think. If the author wanted her to be affecting a speech pattern deliberately, all her thought bubbles would be 'atashi' instead of 'Kasumi'.

last edited at Mar 30, 2017 2:00AM

elevown
Anime season 29 Mar 20:23
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I can't explain how happy I feel that today's episode of Kobayashi... Wasn't the last episode! I was so scared ....

Yup :) same. I assumed it was the last ep - so glad we get one more :) People already guessed it would end on this event - it's a natural place to stop.

I hope it did well enough to get a s2 - it's been great.

elevown
Image Comments 29 Mar 12:50
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
61544507_p0

I don't recall it ever saying her first name?

elevown
Image Comments 29 Mar 00:10
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
61544507_p0

^Also it hasn't happened in the manga either.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Where it's from?

Notes From The Garden Of Lilies

Wow you have missed out :) One of the best yuri manga on the site :)

Go read it - and don't miss the postscript in vol 2 special after authors notes!

elevown
Image Comments 26 Mar 10:46
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Kase%2002

^^^ Yeah just one 5 minute vid - maybe it will lead to more? Either way it will be nice to see them in motion :)

last edited at Mar 26, 2017 5:58PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Avocado flavored Fanta?

What abomination is this?

And the T/N note about using your own first-name to refer to yourself is incomplete. Talking about yourself in 3rd person is considered "cute" or "childish" in Japan. When she says "Kasumi likes it too", it's a conscious effort to sound like a young child.

Surely that's not necessarily true? I mean 'conscious effort'? If a character does it all the time - like say Akari in yuru yuri, I usually assume the character to BE childish in nature - not trying to seem like they are.

If this is a way young kids speak but they stop as they get older, then still speaking like that when most have stopped but you were still pretty young would to me indicate they are just maturing slower. - Or are maybe particularly introverted / insecure.

Obviously it CAN be used deliberately to sound cute - but that would be one off separate 'acts'.

I can't see someone talking like it all the time like Kasumi does here if it wasn't natural for them - it would get tiresome fast and you'd keep forgetting to do it.

last edited at Mar 26, 2017 10:48AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

The ending page of the first chapter. It has a part that the transalator didn't translate yet. But I guess It's reading as do-kyuuuuuso (I don't know what that mean either)

its dokyuuuuuuuuun which im assuming is a ba-dump taken to the max.

Yup it's dokyuuuuun - which is a sfx comprising doki + kyun! - so kinda heart throb + heart shot / clutch (from cuteness) max!

last edited at Mar 26, 2017 2:27AM

elevown
Image Comments 23 Mar 13:30
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Untitled

P.s - The free Raven add-on came out today lol - just a day after I mentioned looking forward to it.

elevown
Image Comments 23 Mar 11:07
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
C4ew_-iuyaad8j8

On another note, Kanna is about half the size she should be.

elevown
Image Comments 23 Mar 05:44
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
C4ew_-iuyaad8j8

^ I think they they did alter that memory - but even if they didn't she wouldn't know they were dragons - just that they were somehow throwing a ball about at 500mph :) They never were in dragon form.

It is odd in the manga though - it seems in the later chapters some of the humans know, or seem to - they are dragons - like Takiya - but there was never any time you saw them discover it?

All I could think of is the same bit in the anime where he sees Tohrou transform in ep1 to fly the drunk Kobayashi home.

He says something like 'Well, lets just say I drank too much' But later when Fafnir was moving in and Tohrou says 'are you sure he is a dangerous dragon' Takiya gets a floating ? so I assumed he forgot or thought it was just drunk imaginings. But maybe in the manga while he said the same thing, he did really know what he saw.?

Because like I said in the later chapters, he knows and they are even in their human/dragon forms around him (tails and horns) - but it seemed to skip when or how he came to know and they knew he knew?

I don't think Saikawa knows yet though even in where the manga is up to? Don't recall seeing evidence of that.

But I agree with Mimiyaah - I look forward to her finding out :) I can't see it effecting Saikawa's love for her in the slightest :) But I want her to know the truth - it will be better for Kanna too.

last edited at Mar 23, 2017 5:49AM

elevown
Image Comments 22 Mar 22:56
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Untitled

^ Agreed :)

Looking forward to the free dlc where we can play Raven!

last edited at Mar 22, 2017 10:57PM

elevown
Image Comments 22 Mar 22:50
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
45809968_p0

Isn't it less than a year since Locodol aired?

But I agree - I really like this ship :)

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

nyahappii - Did you read that on here? If so maybe it isn't on any more or your remembering is a bit off - I couldn't find anything to match - There doesn't even seem to be a pencil shaded Akagi x Kaga.

All I can suggest is opening the Akagi x Kaga tag then checking each one - there's only about 3 pages of them, and most you will be able to instantly rule out on size (many are very short) or style etc - if it's here you'd probably find it within an hour.

I took your advice and read every one, but it seems it's not there. I'm pretty sure I read it here now, since I don't read Akaga anywhere else. Most likely it was deleted. Thanks anyway!

NP - Sorry you can't find it. Another possibility is if it isn't really Akagi x Kaga enough for a tag - i.e they are not a couple and/or one of them isn't in enough to get the tag - Like it if it was mostly about one of them and the other was hardly in it but for 'dying'. It would be very hard to find though if that is the case since there are no tags for individual characters.

I had a case like that once for a Touhou doujin - so basically just read through ALL of them lol! there are hundreds so it took like a month even with skipping ones I had already read a lot - or had tags I wont read. But Since I love touhou it wasn't a chore - and I found some great doujins I'd missed.

last edited at Mar 21, 2017 12:35PM

elevown
Image Comments 20 Mar 12:09
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
24341382_p0

Friday is the other person on the island with robinson crusoe - the only other significant character - ofcourse the darker aspects like cannibalism are usually not found in the various family film versions, just the book.

And since this is yurified robinson crusoe the native girl must be meant to be Friday - I seriously doubt this version is a cannibal either :)

Well - she might eat 'Robin' - but not in THAT sense ;)

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I always thought fujoshi (lit rotten girl?) was a term for basically a female otaku - of any kind - not specifically BL only?

Their AN seems to say it was only for female BL fans/otaku?

last edited at Mar 19, 2017 9:13PM

elevown
Image Comments 19 Mar 14:09
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
61614799_p0

I wonder how long Saikawa will last lol? And will she return the favour?

elevown
Image Comments 19 Mar 12:56
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
24341382_p0

So - Robin and girl Friday?

Is this just a one off pic or is it from a doujin or fanfic or anything?

I can just imagine the setting.. 1700's ?

Rich, sheltered sweet noble girl, only survivor of shipwreck, washes up on deserted island. Has no idea how to look after herself - get food or water on an island - even back in Europe she was always taken care of - but thankfully a native girl from a near by island who was out in her fishing boat was blown miles out to sea and washed up here too by the same storm.

The native girl gradually teaches her how to survive and they learn each others languages and grow close over time. She is from a tribe that has same sex marriages and she likes girls, rapidly becoming infatuated with this blonde Goddess (they are all dark haired).

Robin is not a yuri girl, (except that tiny spark buried deep) but Friday is all over her and very persistent and over months and months gradually 'converts' her to the yuri side :)

After 2 years and now very much in love, they have nearly finished preparing to leave the island. They have built a big enough boat to make the few week trip to Friday's island, with enough food and water on board - but just before they set out, a ship from Europe arrives - hired by Robins rich parents to find her.

At first she is very happy, but then given how the crew treat Friday, and a letter from her parents going on about arranged marriage and her duties once she returns, she realizes what returning to Europe will cost her.. So in the middle of the night they slip away and sail off in their boat for Fridays Island, never to be heard from again.

Err, something like that lol :)

last edited at Mar 22, 2017 10:46PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

It has yuri or at least heavy subtext I heard - but It is only the first half of the story? So I want to wait till part 2 comes out - it probably ends on a cliffhanger.

That's not the case. The game is a complete story, and while it has multiple endings, some of which are quite sad, the "true end" is quite happy and complete. In fact, you should be able to infer what happens from this doujin. In any case, the game is strongly yuri, and well worth playing on that basis. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Thanks for this release, Motto Yuri.

Thanks for the info :)

Some other posters say a NOA 2 is due out soon so that is probably what I heard - and assumed it carried on the same story - but they say its years later with new characters so I guess I will buy this asap :)

elevown
Image Comments 18 Mar 23:17
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
59851419_p0

No idea if the characters are very yuri / subtexty in the game, which would make this worth tagging yuri - but on its own merit I wouldn't call it yuri. Girls who are just friends hold arms all the time.

It's a shame they stopped letting you choose between a male and female protag in persona.

last edited at Mar 18, 2017 11:19PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

It's a game that came out on steam recently - Nights of Azure - It has yuri or at least heavy subtext I heard - but It is only the first half of the story? So I want to wait till part 2 comes out - it probably ends on a cliffhanger.

I think it came out years ago in Japan - not sure what platform/s but only now in English.

It's not vn but an action rpg I think?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I have to say, I keep coming across really nice things because of this thread.

Edit: Sorry; off topic.

Me too :)

nyahappii - Did you read that on here? If so maybe it isn't on any more or your remembering is a bit off - I couldn't find anything to match - There doesn't even seem to be a pencil shaded Akagi x Kaga.

All I can suggest is opening the Akagi x Kaga tag then checking each one - there's only about 3 pages of them, and most you will be able to instantly rule out on size (many are very short) or style etc - if it's here you'd probably find it within an hour.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Милая (Milaya) [Me-la-ya] - that's the closest to what it should sound. You're welcome.

Google says Milaya too.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ I knew I'd read it before :)