Without her permission? Lol what

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Same, the original ones are quite good

Faust
Stretch discussion 01 Oct 20:01
joined Sep 21, 2014

I don't remember the miscarriage at all, what chapter?

joined Sep 21, 2014

This was an amazing chapter, I got so much feels right now
Glad Meguro punched her in the fucking face

Faust
Stretch discussion 30 Sep 20:41
joined Sep 21, 2014

;-;
Can't believe shou made it so ambiguous and let us dread this for months

joined Sep 21, 2014

Blondie has issues, they need to communicate more, but asides from that they're adorable <3
Part 3 is already being translated by Yuri-ism, I can't wait!

Faust
Murcielago discussion 29 Sep 13:19
joined Sep 21, 2014

I wonder if the girl's mother was the girl that old guy seeking back then.
Say do you guys know what the main publishers say in releasing this manga series in the West?

Holy shit youre right. A clue is that the lil girl is wearing hand me down rain boots and that the mother and child reeeaally look like each other.
I think you're likely to be right.

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

In conclusion, side characters promote main characters and plot. In most yuri, where the focus is on one or more female pairings, guys often have a smaller role.

Yeah, i totally get your point there, still i wish authors put more effort on their stories, after reading tons and tons of yuri everything is starting to get repetitive. :P

Stories with diverse characters are always good.
The lack of substancial male characters bothers you, and yes it could be potentially an interesting change, for guys to be present and fleshed out and not just be obnoxious douchebags.
But for those present in Netsuzou Trap, it is clearly not happening, and I am not supporting Takeda at all.
He's basically that boyfriend your friend has that seems super sketchy; does he like her for her, or just wants to get laid?

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

I just reread all the chapters, and I don't see why Takeda is so well liked.
Takeda is a horny ass kid. I don't value his relationship with Yuma not one bit.
He's been sulking for the last two chapters because despite being so nice he's still a virgin. Wow. Likeable af.
They had kissed just once, and he was already thinking about having her spend the night, when his parents wouldn't be home, he's really just thirsty af
His character the entire manga is literally just being the nice guy so he can get laid, if he was the mc in a het shoujo manga, none of the readers would find him pleasant at all, he's super sketchy. In his own way, he's manipulating Yuma as well. At this point, he's literally trying to guilt her into sleeping with him.
If he was a guy irl that my friend was dating, I'd be reaaally put off by him and keep a close eye on my friend, this is the kind of guy I'd worry about the most, those that act nice to get what they want

Literally everyone in the manga is manipulative af except for Yuma, who's just so dense and perhaps even intentionally choosing to turn a blind eye to what favors her situation the best.

No wonder the author is surprised at readers liking Takeda, she only wrote him as a shallow af character who just wants to get laid.

last edited at Sep 29, 2015 2:15AM

Faust
Murcielago discussion 29 Sep 00:50
joined Sep 21, 2014

Goddamnit Kuroko, seducing a single mom this time? hahaha
Well she got her threesome at least

Faust
Yuri Danshi discussion 28 Sep 23:05
joined Sep 21, 2014

dayum, he spotted the gay in his classmates pretty fast haha
Altho I have to admit, sometimes, when I see girls at school seem,ing very close, I do ship them a little haha

joined Sep 21, 2014

Imouto is blushing more and more ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

joined Sep 21, 2014

The Maid-Dragon author has another manga. It looks like this:

Chinese: http://manhua.dmzj.com/yaoguaihezhu/

having trouble loading pages, does it have any yuri-stuff?

Here list of all Cool Kyoushinsha mangas, Komori-san wa Kotowarenai! seens to have some subtext, from what I remember Metsuko ni Yoroshiku have a one-sided crush and Peach Boy Riverside is drawn by Yohane so I guess we can expect subtext, all Cool Kyoushinsha mangas are really good like Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon so I recomend read even the ones that are het romance, you won't regret it, Danna ga Nani o Itte Iru ka Wakaranai Ken and Komori-san wa Kotowarenai! have anime, and that rabbit girl that shows up in the comiket chapter seens to be from Frau Rabbit, a oneshot I think he made before Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon, I'm not sure as both are from 2013.

Maybe upload the rest of his translated works here eventually?

Oooh I def wanna see the Komouri-san one uploaded her
The subtext is pretty cute

joined Sep 21, 2014

That was solved quickly XD

Indeed. In a way, was kind of anticlimatic

Definitely.

Strange, sudden drama

Faust
My Path discussion 28 Sep 02:02
joined Sep 21, 2014

I still dont really get it, but as long as they're not dying, its all good

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

As a yuri manga, the male cast is only present to push the girls further, I don't care much, nor expect a lot from them.

Well... it shouldn't be like this. We should expect more from a good story, we should expect good characters.

I don't know why but i think that korean manwhas handle this stuff better. Look at "their story" or "fluttering feelings", they both have a male cast as a part of the story, and they're nice and relatable, they have a personality. I don't like the idea of boys being there just to push the girls further, i mean, that doesn't happen IRL. I feel that most yuri fans hate men on their yuri just because they're always written as plain as Takeda or as wicked as Fujiwara. If authors put more effort on making these characters this won't happen.

You're right, a realistic story has more diverse characters, but often, the authors choose to only focus on the girls, and most of the other aspects of the manga promotes the evolution of their relationship. Often, guys aren't present at all.
I suppose that what I should have said, is that in THIS kind of story, where CERTAIN characters aren't as important and fleshed out as the couple the author is trying to get together, aren't very important and so I don't care about them as much.
I care about them, as much as the effort the author puts into making them important.

In Their Story (which is a chinese webcomic btw), the male cast are pleasant because they're all bros and hanging out and Sunjing's guy best friend is supportive of her. In cases where guys are obstacles, like any obstacles, they aren't well liked.
It really depends of what role they play. People tend to dislike the foil of what they want, right?
I guess that by korean, you really just mean FF, and Their Story is chinese.
Even in What Does The Fox Say, there is pretty much ONE recurring male character, and he's really just trying to get close to the new pretty blonde coworker, his affections towards her PURELY physical. He's also used to push the main cast to further develop their relationship.

In conclusion, side characters promote main characters and plot. In most yuri, where the focus is on one or more female pairings, guys often have a smaller role.

last edited at Sep 28, 2015 1:03AM

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

Can't wait to see how the girl characters evolve. As a yuri manga, the male cast is only present to push the girls further, I don't care much, nor expect a lot from them.
Yuma is thick af, but when she does FINALLY open her goddamn eyes, it should be interesting

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

Oh shit, this was really good
This mangaka makes such fun characters and all
This is was great, absolutely amazing

joined Sep 21, 2014

I cant wait!

joined Sep 21, 2014

I really liked this one, the kiss seemed very gentle, I felt so absorbed while reading it
I read it over and over 4 times maybe, can't wait for the next chapter

last edited at Sep 26, 2015 2:22PM

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

Face it man. Hotaru is more important to Yuma than you are.

She forgot about you the moment she thought Hotaru was in trouble.

That makes sense though, because Hotaru is her best friend/childhood friend after all
I'd ditch a date if I thought that my friend was getting beat by her boyfriend

joined Sep 21, 2014

omfg this is amazing xD

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/netsuzou_trap_ch06#39

nice guys always FINISH LAST

he will lose for the greater good though!

Yup, he is the sacrifice to the yuri gods.

he's not THAT nice
he IS sulking for not getting laid tho

joined Sep 21, 2014

I always loved this one, read it three times

joined Sep 21, 2014

goddamnit