Forum › Posts by Nevri

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Anime is way better. It is my all time example that manga isn't always better than adaptation. Second half of manga dragged too much and plot was making even less and less sense. There is like only 1 good scene in second half but it is barely worth getting through manga to read it. Also anime did mankind a favor and cut most annoying character in entire series. Is anime less violent and depressing? Not really. It just works better, has better pacing and in general tells a really sad, but cathartic story. If you focus on story rather than bad gore animations and nudity, it is really touching. I watched it several times, one time not that long ago and I still think it holds up even now.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Faust posted:

What were the chapters removed? Like, how many were translated until now?

It is so hard to google it. 5,8 and 6-8 and they uploaded 8 chapter week ago. In it they mention that they are not allowed to upload any Ajiichi work on dynasty. After talking with my Mai, I really don't like approach Dynasty took on this issue.

Nevri Uploader
Image Comments 22 Oct 22:39
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015
[kamui87]_59308563_p0

Honesty get you laid.

Nevri Uploader
Image Comments 22 Oct 17:10
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015
Beatsbydre

Guys, it was just a "totally no homo" joke. Take it easy.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

adyatma16 posted:

i suggests mind break tag, lol maybe i read too much hentai

Lol. There is no really any mind breaking going on here. While I had mixed feeling about first half I really liked the real reason Saori was doing all of this and the resolution after she broke out with all her "girlfriends" was pretty sweet.

last edited at Oct 22, 2016 11:42AM

Nevri Uploader
Image Comments 20 Oct 14:16
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015
53113116_p0

I think as long as you don't profit from it, it should be ok.

Nevri Uploader
Image Comments 19 Oct 15:51
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015
50760275_p22

They are 2 completely different characters!

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Faust posted:

Hngg I can't, those little smiles
Who's the one speaking here? Is it Towada/the kouhai?

I'm pretty sure it is Kouhai

Reference to author's high school days, so there's sorta that older feel to it I guess?

Then "Onee-san" works perfectly.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

She probably was referring to her as a "onee-san" which depend on context, can be a pretty formal way for younger person to address a bit older girl, when they don't want to be rude. Translating "onii-san/onii-chan" as "mister" is pretty common from what I saw, so it would work the same way.

last edited at Oct 17, 2016 10:31PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

gamagoori posted:

a junior in high school dating a seventh grader? um

Meh. Saw worse.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Kisa posted:

But it felt as if the author rushed to end it. There were many storylines and characters that were developing nicely, then boom, rush to the end.

My first guess is that it was axed. Probably wasn't selling as good as they wanted it to. Sadly that is a big issue in jp. If your work isn't popular there is no mercy.

last edited at Oct 17, 2016 2:28PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Vankomycin posted:

Ah, same for Saejima then?

Yup

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Vankomycin posted:

Ah, so it looks like Ichiha is her family name and Shirasu is her given name.

I think I am about to ship these two in a serious way. My head is aswim with story possibilities.

Nope. It is given in western way. Kanji are written in jps way so it is Shirasu (surname) Ichiha (first name)

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

In Poland, at least from my experience, it is normal for girls being touchy-feely with each other while it would be awkward between guys (most likely cos too gay). But when I attended a few anime conventions event, something that I really liked, was the idea that as long as you don't mind, everyone hugging everyone was common place. You could find people walking with sign "Free hugs". It really made you feel like part of open community. So to me hugging is basically like the universal way of showing closeness that you can share with even strangers in order to connect. Like if you don't know what to do, hugging is way to go and you can't never go wrong with it. Hugs are like purest way to express concern. It really breaks my heart it isn't that way for everyone.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

It is so sad hearing not everyone likes to be hugged.

Nevri Uploader
Futanari discussion 14 Oct 12:51
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

I like the genre when the futa girl is really horny and cute

In that case you might like this http://g.e-hentai.org/g/318530/b6a779180b/
It was the first yuri ever I read and I still remember it because of how adorable it was. Also only one of two futa works I enjoyed so far.

Nevri Uploader
Futanari discussion 14 Oct 12:18
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Well while I don't mind futa and can see it as yuri just alright, I can't help but feel like entire reason it exist is, because author had no clue how to draw 2 girls having sex without a dick and/or needed some way for guys to self insert.

Nevri Uploader
Futanari discussion 14 Oct 11:45
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

MacySan posted:

Like guys in yaoi having female genitals.

How they would have sex then?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

You missed it completely. It isn't the abuse from Yasuko. It is abuse from everyone else. She was abused and thrown away, so when Yasuko accepted her, she felt like it was the first time someone actually cared about her hence "only one person in the world to call me family". So she clinged to Yasuko as her last hope. So people say her feelings for Yasuko are not ok, because she wasn't really attracted to her or anything. She needed emotional support and Yasuko give it to her, so she just blindly started to rely on it and rebuild her entire world around Yasuko. It isn't as much a love but trying to copy with years of abuse.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Cute ♥

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I thought it was probably some quote or something but wanted to make sure ;P

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

You ok Anon?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Kyonne posted:

Can't say i remember anything like it being used between boyfriend and girlfriend, unless it's one of those over the top girls who keeps calling the dude "daaarliiing" and stuff, but a married couple often has the wife calling the husband "anata"

Married couple would usually call themselves "husband" and "wife" (otto/tsuma) and indeed "anata" is japanese equivalent of darling that jps wifes usually use. Alternatively and it applies to couples too, they just use their first names without any honorifics, as it shows that they are really close, or some kind of nicknames.

Chiya-chan i guess?

Chi-chan would probably work better and be more cutesy. In this case honorific is ok as it works as sorta nickname.

Only a very polite example comes to my head (as in yakuza polite) but i've seen "Anata wa moshikashite Franco James(-san) desu ka" which would translate to "Are you by any chance Franco James?"
Changing the Anata wa to Omae wa would make it a little more rude but the english translation would remain the same i guess, unless you wanna get a little creative in the localization

Actually when jps speak directly to someone they drop "anata wa" etc. as it isn't necessary cos it is obvious who they talk to. So they would usually just approach someone and ask "Moshikashite, Franco James-san desu ka?" or simply "Franco James-san desu ka?" Depending on relation, they could add "excuse me" first (sumimasen). If they are closer, they could call them casually, only indicating question by voice "Franco James-san?" and yes, jps would use their order of surname, first name and then honorific so Franco James-san. Adding -san is ultra important, otherwise it will come as really rude, unless they are closer then they can drop honorific or use other they usually use like -kun or -chan.

Nevri Uploader
Image Comments 12 Oct 20:21
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Especially since there are restrains as well, I'm pretty sure the room has BDSM equipment ready to go.

I can't quite make if it is just a wall, cos it seems to be shaped like a star which is torture device as well, but then chain restrains don't match with it.

Nevri Uploader
Image Comments 12 Oct 19:52
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

As a wooden horse maybe?