Forum › Posts by Cannibal

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I wasn't talking about modelling on that post but about the whole "get Mimika into a party with other child models" bit

Except you are talking about the Japanese child modeling industry like it's vastly different from any western nation.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Oh and I trust you're aware of the way the modelling industry is in Japan, yes? Japanese readers will have an even easier time than me to make similar readings of Ririha's character.

Still don't understand why you are so hung up on this child model stuff. Name one western country that doesn't have child models.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

You can find first one easily just following the person. Second one is harder, indeed.

She transferred schools to allegedly stalk Akira, pretty sure she would be able to steal her phone while she was in PE or something.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

All of those points you mention is precisely what makes obvious that Yuzumori is confusing her longing for companionship and fill the void left by her absent mother for actual romantic feelings for Mimika. Mimika is in fact aware of this.

Oh, no, she just got mad when Mamika played off her confession as "just friends", was bummed out that Mamika sets up the rules that they couldn't kiss until they are older, was the one that snuck in a kiss on Mamika's cheek, and confirms a couple of tries that "her heart is being filled with Mamika". Not to mention she knows exactly what a lolicon is and decides to date one.

Totally no romantic feelings. /s

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

(what kind of insane stalker can't find their stalkie's email?)

Akira has no friends.
The only way she would get her email is by hacking into her phone or stealing it.

But she can find out where Akira lives and what she likes to eat with ease?

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Be pretty uncool for Akira to think Pure is just a crazy stalker this whole time and turn out that it's true. From what we have seen her story might actually be true. I mean, she is a beautiful girl that transferred from a completely different school just be with the otaku Akira. She knows what Akira likes to eat, knows big deal stuff like where Akira used to live but doesn't know her old teenage contact details (what kind of insane stalker can't find their stalkie's email?), and she speaks english perfectly. She might be telling the truth that she used to live over seas but that might be a cover story for the fact that she learned english in the future in order for her and Akira to move there to get married.

Besides, the time travel makes the story more fun.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Yuzumori actually acts like one would expect a child in her circumstances to act. Even her affection to Mimika comes off more like her seeing Mimika as an older sister or a foster mother than anything romantic.

Are we even reading the same manga?

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

That argument doesn't hold water when Ririha is not only well aware of the existence of lolicons but she actively tries to use her own (or perceived at least) sex appeal to win Mimika's favor. To not mention the idolization her classmates indulge in.

In the meantime we have Yuzumori who also is aware of the existence of lolicons and is attempting to date one. Really, child models is very common in the west.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Ok, this is getting real weird, mainly because the whole thing of fashion model children. Like, what the fuck Japan.

Your country doesn't have children models?

Well, since Mimika likes Yuzumori, and Yuzumori is a loli, Mimika was led to interpret this as she being a lolicon... But if she really is a lolicon, then she would at least feel atracted by Ririha and Isuzu (trying to get then is not a requirement), which wasn't the case. Of course, she still might be a lolicon, but considering everything, assuming she might be, as random said, a Yuzumori-con rather than a lolicon is completely valid.

No, Mimika calls herself a lolicon so I don't even know why this is up for debate. Mimika deduces that because she was attracted to Yuzumori at first sight that she is a lolicon. She admitted it after being questioned several times. She then says that even if she is a lolicon that she will still love Yuzumori when she gets older because of all of Yuzumori's other aspects.

And she is attracted to Ririha, she calls her an "incredibly pretty girl" while blushing. She just doesn't feel like befriending/hitting on them because she already has a girlfriend.

I'm predicting that this arc is going to be a test for Mimika, to see if she keeps her word that her love for the other aspects of Yuzumori keeps her lolicon self in check. That she can withstand other young girls hitting on her and remain faithful to Yuzumori.

last edited at Jul 21, 2017 10:51AM

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Why are all these little girls gay. Its amazing.

I think only Mimika is the only one represented as 'gay'--I don't think Yuzumori has wanted much more than companionship.

Yuzumori wants more than just mere friendship, she was mad at Mamika for trying to play off her confession as "just a friend". She seemed bummed out that Mimika sets the rules that they can't kiss until they are much older and was the first one to give Mamika a kiss on the cheek. Later she even confirmed to herself that she really does like Mamika beyond just friendship.

last edited at Jul 21, 2017 6:51AM

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Ririha trying to seduce Mimika and failing is pretty great. I wonder if this means Mimika isn't a lolicon tho since she doesn't seem to wanna lay her hands on Ririha or her friend.

Mamika already admitted to being a lolicon, she wouldn't have fallen for Yuzumori on sight if she wasn't. But she is a one girl woman. She is already dedicated to Yuzumori so why would she just try to get every girl she meets?

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

8chan uses a photoshopped Nazi symbol for their credit pages. A couple of people get triggered and throw a fit. Dynasty staff decides to delete everything about it and asks for 8chan to upload a new credit page without the symbol in order to avoid shitstorms like this in the future. 8chan refuses and instead threatens to have all their works taken down instead. Dynasty staff backs off and says that the credit page will stay. Triggered people are even more pissed. LazyLily comes to 8chans aid because apparently they support the use of Nazi memes. Thread gets locked, but apparently LazyLily and 8chan have much thinner skin than assumed and go through with the takedown of their works.

Edit: Not Nez' decision, only relaying message from staff.

last edited at Jul 18, 2017 10:26AM

Cannibal
Image Comments 18 Jul 08:37
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016
C3va2xavcaatiin-orig

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

And I didn't explain it? Literally Google "Nazi Germany". Nevermind, let me do it for you. Here you go. Now compare the official Nazi emblem to 8chan's symbol. Literally the same thing except they edited out the swastika for their double headed snake thing. I guess the swastika is where they cease their ironic nazi meme.

the claim was that the symbol is older than nazi germany. you said you could refute this claim, and you lied. what part of that don't you understand and why did you need a wall of text to say "my evidence does not support my argument, but forget about that goy"

Oh, alright, so you're just going to stick straight to the bullshit, right? They literally use the exact symbol created by the Nazis for the Nazis and you are going to sit here like a child and pretend they didn't.

Whatever, stick to your bullshit, I'm done. No point to continue arguing with an obvious troll who just made an account to defend shitty memes. This thread is going to get nuked anyways once Nez wakes up.

last edited at Jul 17, 2017 12:18PM

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

The 8chan guy got caught in a lie stating that the symbol goes beyond Nazi Germany, that's what ticked me off and you have no actual defense for it.

i have no idea how that is a lie and you have not explained how either, but that's easy for you to say when the comment is deleted and no one can review it. i also have no idea why that would be an issue for you even if it were true, considering you keep saying they are being edgy

why does being edgy bother you, o' yurifag? that's right it doesn't this is just an excuse for you to make a political statement, all the while claiming that was done to you. the jew cries out in pain as he strikes you

Is this real life? Why is your reading comprehension so terrible? How many times do I have to repeat myself before you understand?

I initially didn't care about the credit page, even called out VivianGames for being a hypocrite. What I cared about is 8chan scanlations lying about the symbol as a defense for it. And you are going to sit here and act like they didn't say that even though you just replied stating that it wasn't their only defense for the use of the symbol? You already admitted that they used that lie in their now deleted comment, and now you are going to sit here and act like I'm making the whole thing up? And you want to accuse me of gaslighting? HAHA

And I didn't explain it? Literally Google "Nazi Germany". Nevermind, let me do it for you. Here you go. Now compare the official Nazi emblem to 8chan's symbol. Literally the same thing except they edited out the swastika for their double headed snake thing. I guess the swastika is where they cease their ironic nazi meme.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

You quoted me, so why wouldn't I assume that you were replying to me?

why even bother making this excuse, i was there for the whole discussion and so were you. this gaslighting stuff is really weak, you can have a mulligan just try something else. read again if you can't keep track of what you are arguing about

The irony. I replied directly to you, you replied directly to me, and now you want to talk about some bullshit "context" for this "bullying" claim someone made that has absolutely nothing to do with anything that I said just so you don't have to come up with some bullshit excuse to steer the conversation away from my initial point.

The 8chan guy got caught in a lie stating that the symbol goes beyond Nazi Germany, that's what ticked me off and you have no actual defense for it.

I don't even agree with VivianGames and with how they are reacting. But when 8chan threatens to remove all their content because they're so dead set on this ironic nazi shit it's just as childish. Sometimes people need to grow up and realize that stupid jokes that cause reactions and backlash like this just aren't worth the effort.

last edited at Jul 17, 2017 11:41AM

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Haha I got to love that telling them that their Nazi based memes are garbage is equivalent to bullying them.

i only used that term in reply to someone else who brought it up. these things can be a little confusing when you take them out of context, maybe try not to do that

You quoted me, so why wouldn't I assume that you were replying to me?

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

you intentionally left out the part about how it is an in-joke on the website and an important identifier for an 8chan based group. moreover, do you normally order around complete strangers like they are your property? do they normally listen? they are trying to do a nice thing for you and you try to dictate the terms, it's not even a matter of what their opinions are they acted completely in good faith and you are just trying to start fights

this is absolute not a mutual thing, you are the ones trying to start arguments and bully them off the site. it's bad enough that you are a small community and they are trying to hold you together, it's not even "take what you can get" they do good work and they do it for your sake. how in the world can you reaction be you are ok with less yuri being translated and mangas being removed from the site??? your priorities are completely fucked up and you are thinking about politics

these people are your friends

First off, I initially didn't care about the credit page or the shitty joke. But their explanation for why they used it and refuse to remove it was just offensive, like they didn't think we were smart enough to do a simple Google search.

Haha I got to love that telling them that their Nazi based memes are garbage is equivalent to bullying them. If they are dead set on sticking to ironic nazism then I might as well wait for other scanlating groups to do it. Scanlating groups come and go, it's not like these guys are a huge group with a catalog of amazing series that I can't live without.

And, no, they are not my friends. A friend wouldn't keep on repeating the same tired offensive joke if I asked them to stop.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

OR they can just not use the literal Nazi emblem. Don't know what that's so hard? It's not like they paid for trademark or anything. Just stop it with the old Nazi memes, why is that so hard?

maybe you would have your answer if it was not deleted

No, I read it before it was deleted and it still didn't explain it. I even replied to their reasoning and my post got deleted too. The 8chan guy said that the symbol goes beyond Nazi Germany, which was a bold faced lie. Their symbol is literally the Nazi emblem, they just replaced the swastika with their two headed snake thing. Then they said that it was just an ironic meme, which, like all memes, needs to die eventually.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Edit, I still have no idea where this threaten and bully idea is coming from, after being accused of absolutly anything in the book, they considered just pulling the whole thing because of the negative feedback they got when they actually asked for a reason, so yeah, quite hypocritical..

they considered pulling the whole thing because their attempts to talk it out amicably were deleted within seconds. they kept trying maybe an hour, and it was several people. mod only allowed criticism of them, not defenses, and you can see people itt demanding all of their mangas be removed

the options were get pushed around or leave, and big surprise when they try to leave the mods are magically willing to listen. it's to be expected that chan people get upset when censored since they are used to being able to talk about any subject, no matter how contentious (and yet they were the ones being polite here, go figure). it's completely fucking insane that we now have image standards for piracy groups who are explicitly translating out of passion and sharing their work out of good will

this is a much more serious problem than "negative feedback" its people claiming they would rather have no yuri than let go of politics just for five minutes. why in the world would anyone do charity work for such ungrateful people who scream bloody murder every time you give them a free gift, and it wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt being enabled by staff who willfully insert politics into the discussion and take sides

its this stupid drama that chased people off of /u/ in the first place, nothing to do with 8chan/u/ being "too hot to handle even for 4chan" they extended the olive branch to you and you spit in their faces, why cant you all just let this go

OR they can just not use the literal Nazi emblem. Don't know what that's so hard? It's not like they paid for trademark or anything. Just stop it with the old Nazi memes, why is that so hard?

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

There's a dozen or so 'professional assassins' and not only are they not smart enough to actually enter the room where the target is? They cannot hit anything, anyhow! And when someone is killing your team, you point a gun at them and... ASK them to stop?

...huh? They literally shoot the door down and enter the room where their target is after literally killing all the regular guards. Your criticisms make no sense.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

We have needed a new action yuri series for a long time, hopefully this one is a long runner.

@VivianGames For someone who has "DIE CIS SCUM" as their avatar you seem to be quite the hypocrite. Do you actually believe cis people should die or are you just being "ironic"?

last edited at Jul 16, 2017 11:10AM

Cannibal
Pulse discussion 15 Jul 02:16
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Oh, look, even more reason to hate Sue more. If she gets anywhere near a happy ending I'm going to throw a chair. Ratana, don't let me down!

last edited at Jul 15, 2017 2:16AM

Cannibal
Image Comments 14 Jul 07:23
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016
Hfglqvx

Well, I don't have to translate for my ship, I can just watch the show. My main complaint is that canon couples don't seem to get as much love as I think they deserve and that goes beyond just Flip Flappers.

Cannibal
Image Comments 12 Jul 08:38
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016
62100188_p0

@ZuljinRaynor you are 100% scientifically proven wrong. The FMA dub shits on the sub version in every respect.