Forum › Posts by Kisa

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

I still don't know what to think of Katooka. I felt sorry for her at first. But the fact that she wants to uncover everyone's feelings. Get it all out there, because she feels despair over unrequited love. Who benefits from that? No one. What does it make better? Nothing in the short term.

It just spreads the hurt around. So everyone can hurt, as much as she does.
She's being selfish.

last edited at Dec 14, 2016 9:03AM

joined Dec 27, 2015

All I have to do is hit resize, and 'bam', it's there clear as day full screen.

We seem to be breaking down walls, as in barriers that the school has set up to separate the students into factions. As far as plot, it's average.
But I do like characters. So I'm hoping for more development.
And a kiss.

Kisa
Opapagoto discussion 08 Dec 08:40
joined Dec 27, 2015

That President is creepy!
So is the fact that there is a market for girls worn undies .
Super creepy !

joined Dec 27, 2015

It's funny how Subaru and Tsukasa have the same 'OH SHIT' expressions from time to time. I guess it proves that they are really siblings. It's cute.
I guess I understand Katooka's desire to blow up her friendship with the other two. I mean she's hurting. And I know when something hurts, it's just so damn exhausting to continue putting up with it .

joined Dec 27, 2015

The last panel before impact LOL
#worth_it!

'BONK'!

joined Dec 27, 2015

It's nice that Kai-chan made the sacrifice so that Bocchi would grow as a person. I'm not sure I could have done that.
Kai has a lot going on for her.
Including an antenna .

joined Dec 27, 2015

In case of a real fire, that class probably doesn't make it, sorry to say.

Kisa
Opapagoto discussion 01 Dec 14:06
joined Dec 27, 2015

It's back? Christmas miracle? Thank you

joined Dec 27, 2015

When he says love at the end, I'm wondering does he mean his love for Tsukasa, Asakura's love for Tsukasa, or is he falling for Asakura?
Or love in general?

joined Dec 27, 2015

The images work well on an iPad. And on desktop.

I sense that we've reached the point where things going to get tense.

I am so curious why our mc wants a peaceful life. What happened in her past ? And her mother seems to be part of the plot as well.

"Wash your neck and wait for me"? Hmm Game of Thrones reference ?

last edited at Nov 28, 2016 8:52PM

joined Dec 27, 2015

^
Thank you very much for your hard work! After I resized the one single image you provided it is wonderfully clear and easy to read.

last edited at Nov 28, 2016 1:26AM

joined Dec 27, 2015

I and about everyone else already probably felt that at some point Subaru would take his sisters place at some point for some reason.
And somehow I guess, and I'm probably wrong, that since Asakura and Subaru already share their love of Curse Rangers, I'm betting Asakura also likes to cross dress. Maybe.

joined Dec 27, 2015

It's cute. Very sweet. Though questions about Yukino's mom and Nobara's parents remain unanswered. Nobara's so strong. I wonder if she's really human?

joined Dec 27, 2015

Ropponmatsu

@Nya
I have yet to read anything too saccharine for my tastes, lmao. But I fully understand the criticism Hana and Hina is getting, even if I enjoy it a lot myself.

Same. Yes, I like it fleshed out and world building. But I like fluffy and sweet and straight forward too. I like cake. Bring on the frosting!
This chapter made me feel excited, romantic and sexual. I like the tension of discovery of feelings. It's not A masterpiece. Doesn't need to be as long as it's sweet and tasty!

Kisa
joined Dec 27, 2015

Love Chinatsu. She gives the manga a lighthearted feel. Her facial expressions also add humor.

joined Dec 27, 2015

I am loving this manga!
But it also makes me a bit sad to read it. I had a similar situation in high school. So it hits close to home. I know I chose "friend" over lost love.

But this is three. It hurts because it feels like in the end, no one gets together. From my experience it's both sad and satisfying. To put friendship above all else. There will always be a little bit of hurt. But the satisfaction of being a close friend, is worth it too.
So I think this is the route we end up with. They will all choose friendship over lover. With Katooka's guidance.

joined Dec 27, 2015

I began to wonder which character was trying their hardest to suppress their innermost feelings?
While I was tempted to say Subaru, I thought that he's actually acting on some of his feelings at least.
I decided it was Kotooka. Because it just seems that she's acting in a way to seem "normal", trying to get Tsukasa to hurry up and date guys, so she can give up her feelings. It comes across to me as the saddest situation of the bunch. She's trying to act in a way to basically lie to herself, and others, about what's truly in her heart. Whereas Nadeshiko just hides behind indifference. And Tsukasa gets caught up in the flow, wanting to hide her heart.
So I feel most sorry for Katooka.

last edited at Nov 14, 2016 6:33PM

joined Dec 27, 2015

Sotoka-chan needs some love, seriously. Bocchi seems to always unintentionally hurt this girl every other chapter. Or so it seems that way anyway.

joined Dec 27, 2015

majere said, "Heteronormativity ruins everything"

So true! Guess it adds drama now and then.
Like this series. Like the drama. Or else everything is just 1 chapter short stories with no expectations. Think of it as dinner. Instead of someone slapping a protein down and some water, you get nice atmosphere, several good appetizers, something good to drink, your main course, and desert.
I like this story because it's giving me a lot of things to enjoy and process. But it better finish spectacularly.

last edited at Nov 14, 2016 12:56PM

Kisa
Image Comments 31 Oct 15:43
joined Dec 27, 2015
Mel%20x%20lynn

Very nice!

Kisa
Image Comments 31 Oct 15:42
joined Dec 27, 2015
Cutgrpsumaakt5u

Cute!

joined Dec 27, 2015

It lives!
It lives!!
Thank you translation team!!!

joined Dec 27, 2015

^

Kisa posted:

But it felt as if the author rushed to end it. There were many storylines and characters that were developing nicely, then boom, rush to the end.

My first guess is that it was axed. Probably wasn't selling as good as they wanted it to. Sadly that is a big issue in jp. If your work isn't popular there is no mercy.

I admit I thought the same thing. Authors don't seem to have much say on how long a series can go, especially if the publishing company doesn't feel it's selling well. And that's too bad for this series.
The author had done an admirable job of creating a fascinating universe. A likable heroine. A mysterious backstory about the tree. There was romance and comedy. But as you say, probably wasn't selling well.

And that's a shame.

last edited at Oct 17, 2016 3:41PM

joined Dec 27, 2015

I liked it. It's been a long while since I read it. But it's good. Could have been great. But it felt as if the author rushed to end it. There were many storylines and characters that were developing nicely, then boom, rush to the end. I liked the art in particular.
Would have loved it if it could have gone a couple of more volumes.

joined Dec 27, 2015

Love Mira! Loved the plot twist. Mira's works are so hot, but cute and loving too.
And moist of the time both girls can get assertive.