Forum › Posts by Lyendith

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

"Now go straight." I hope it's not a bad premonition. >.>

I loved this chapter so much. Sayaka confessed in a way that fits her: with courage and resolution, despite her apprehension. The best part of the chap was Touko seeing it coming and telling her to stop, but Sayaka pressing on like "Don't fuck with me. I mean, yes, please do." Her gestures, her tone, her words, it was all so sweet…

It might seem to come at the worst moment, but it might be for the best. Touko now has to consider that there are two people who love her for who she is, flaws included, and maybe she'll start to see how… arrogant it was of her to think only her perfect self deserved to be loved.

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I'm surprised that Furuka, when recalling her "kiss" in the previous chapter, goes all dazed and dreamy-eyed just like Kon.

I thought Kon was the childlike one, while Furuka was much older and more experienced... I must have gotten their relative ages wrong...

If Furuka grew up enough in 3 years that her uncle didn't recognize her, I suppose she isn't that old. I think her expression at the end has a slightly different meaning than Kon's though. Kon is like stuck in a dream and revelling in that memory, while Furuka only starts to reminisce when her uncle mentions that she could have died.

My guess is that Kon will actively look for her while Furuka with hang out with her a bit reluctantly.

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Aaand enjoy this new chapter! All 13 pages of it! \o/

So it turns out the reason Furuka was on that cliff was pretty stupid. But she's clearly running away from someone, probably her family. And Kon… well, one thing's for sure, she's pretty damn smitten. It's like she's drunk on that real-fake kiss.

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^ It can do that, yes. =3 Or that, maybe.

float

Finally read the anthology. All of the stories were great in their own way, but my favorite was probably "Let's Write a Script", about the early ideas for the play. Everyone ends up doing their shipping fanfic while Koyomi is like "Yeah, maybe I should write this alone."

My other favorites would be "Bitter Coffee Time" about Riko and Miyako (because any scene with these two is gold) and "Let's Play with Senpai!" although sadly we don't get to see maid!Touko.

And also Canno outing herself as a Touko × Sayaka × Yuu shipper. :þ

last edited at Dec 28, 2018 3:45PM

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

They really did an excellent job at making this episode feel semi-conclusive despite ending mid-story. Even if there's no season 2, you can still sorta get where the story's going just with the extra-bits of foreshadowing they included, so it doesn't feel abrupt. Ending the episode on Yuu sending a title idea (that was mistranslated in the subs…) to Koyomi was clever too. And then, "time to change trains"…

The song sung by the two VAs at the end was also pretty nice.

edit: Re-reading the chap, that little shot Sayaka took at Miyako wasn't in the manga. That was pretty funny. XD

They did cut the moment where Touko got suspicious of Yuu yet again

Hm? Where?

last edited at Dec 28, 2018 12:24PM

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

And each blu ray is $80

They separate the season into 4 blu ray 'volumes'. This is just episodes 1-3, I think.

heartattack

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Chapter 48 preview… And yes, I know that we haven't released 46 and 47 yet. XD We're on it.

But anyway, I kinda like the approach of this last volume. Every couple in the series makes a comback to explore its significance for Ayaka's case, which in turns helps her define her relationship and feelings for Yurine.

^And what a kiss that was. <3 Both sweet and epic.

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Oh damn, it's early. Thanks for the link, but I'll buy it anyway. :þ

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Yeah, the word "suki" is clearly covered up.

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…So is the season over? Seems that way, but my streaming site says "12/13"…

Anyway that bedroom scene was… Wow… I don't think I've ever seen an anime use silence as effectively as this one. You could feel both the sexiness and the sheer pressure Touko was putting on Yuu… the vocal performances were particularly amazing in this ep.

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Yeah it's funny-cute, but the music is more… bittersweet? Not really what I imagined. It's no big deal anyway, it still works.

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I expected a slightly funnier music for the "I'm glad there's three of us" scene, but other than that they nailed it. X) Sayaka's embarrassment was especially great.

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…Yup, that's exactly why replacing last names with first names is stupid. You end up hitting walls like this later on.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

In the meantime, have some cute yuri oranges.

shirayuri

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

HnK isn't rlly cute fun tho. It's suffering.

Is it? I only saw comedic excerpts so it might have given me the wrong idea. >.<

Excuse me, but is Jojo even on this list? I don't think so. The Jojo fanbase in Japan is absolutely insane, they would murder this ranking beyond recognition.

It's currently no. 17, between Girls' Last Tour and Asobi Asobase.

AoT deserves that praise. The animation is ludicrously high effort. The plot also is starting to get to the more profound side of things after season 2, so this is fair. Like I said, AoT season 4 will be top 3 for sure next year.

Oh yes, it's absolutely deserved. The adaptation of the uprising arc was overall brilliant, and it wasn't an easy arc to adapt. Well, I say it stands out, but Banana Fish isn't particularly "cute and colorful" now that I think of it…

And oh, Zombieland Saga has jumped to 6th place. =O

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

It also amuses me a bit that in the middle of all those cute, fun and colorful shows, you have Attack on Titan of all things. XD Eren×Levi shippers I suppose.

A bit surprised to see Citrus so low though.

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

For those who can't Japanese

1 - Banana Fish
2 - Idolish Seven
3 - Dollifes! R
4 - Sora yori mo Tooi Basho
5 - Yagate Kimi ni Naru
6 - Osomatsu-san Season 2
7 - Houseki no Kuni
8 - Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3
9 - Shoujo*Kageki Revue Starlight
10 - Yowamushi Pedal Glory Line
11 - Hataraku Saibou
12 - Yuru Camp
13 - Free! -Dive to the Future-
14 - Zombieland Saga
15 - Violet Evergarden
16 - Hataraku Onii-san!
17 - Idolmaster - Side M
18 - Meitantei Conan
19 - Boku no Hero Academia Season 3
20 - SSSS. Gridman

And for some reason, Dynamic Chord is no. 35. Wut.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Since the comment is from September, I assume you're referring to this one?

Hanebado

It's from "Hanebado!", a manga about badminton. Not a yuri series, but with quite a lot of teasing.

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/e/2PACX-1vQX6hyTn5qMpgEDM8l23HyiSrpV1qtAyXGPrRvQOJDHvHeWiUbCvECQ8KhJeCi81Q3-ziwuOXT1zzbY/pub

That's a pretty interesting interview! Especially regarding the role of an editor in a manga like this… That little detail about the legs was brilliant!

Also, someone who recommends Blue Giant cannot be a bad person. :þ

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Episode 10 was cute, but… the "Riko trying to kiss Miyako while she's on the phone" scene was funnier in the manga. That's all I have to say.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Well, at least they didn't skip straight up to hand holding.

They did in fact. <=D RR is more aggressive than she looks.

'Twas better paced than the first chapter. I'm really digging this.

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…How the hell did I forget a scene of Touko French-kissing Yuu?

Well, the anime sure added a lot more intensity to the chapter in any case. It's cool that whoever animated the bedroom scene in episode 5 came back for this one. Though I think the scene of Yuu gazing at a running Touko is a bit too long.

Also it's silly, but I loved how they nailed the "Yaaaay..." scene. XD

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

So yeah, chapter 46 and 47 will probably be released simultaneously later this month. Sorry for the delay. Though they're probably better read in a row anyway.

Lyendith
Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I'd say the chapter suffers from its relative shortness; it basically ends where I thought it was really gonna start. And since the author seems to go for a very comtemplative style, he focuses more on creating that quiet mood than on the characters. Although, since the chapter is titled "part 1", I suppose it will function in parallel to chapter 2, which might be the same events told through Furuka's point of view.

Not sure the series would really benefit from more comedy though, it would clash with the general tone.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Ah… So it was outright announced, huh. X) At least now we know.