Forum › Parasol and Evening Dress discussion

joined Mar 15, 2015

At first I was like, "Yay! Renko x Maribel!", but this is pretty dark. I think I loved this story a lot, but I can't quite pinpoint the reason why.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Ultraviolet rays are violet just like Yukari is violet.

Sometimes I look at the Girl x Girl tag and think, "why is this not yuri? Isn't this the definition of yuri?" These are the questions that keep me up at night.

When I read introspective works, sometimes I think, "This doesn't have to be depressing." But the characters are still so self-depreciating. If philosophy is sorrow, people should really just stop thinking about things. Renko and Mari are staring at pieces of truth all the time with their special eyes. Being closer to truth than any other person can be scary, but it can be uplifting too. Girl x Girl tags without an accompanied yuri tag confuses me.

last edited at Jan 28, 2016 12:09AM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Ultraviolet rays are violet just like Yukari is violet.

Sometimes I look at the Girl x Girl tag and think, "why is this not yuri? Isn't this the definition of yuri?" These are the questions that keep me up at night.

When I read introspective works, sometimes I think, "This doesn't have to be depressing." But the characters are still so self-depreciating. If philosophy is sorrow, people should really just stop thinking about things. Renko and Mari are staring at pieces of truth all the time with their special eyes. Being closer to truth than any other person can be scary, but it can be uplifting too. Girl x Girl tags without an accompanied yuri tag confuses me.

It's pretty much used for works focusing on a pair of characters, but not really yuri, or even subtext. Friendships, drama between them, non-romantic love and all that. Tagging it yuri would be misleading, but it's still something that would appeal to fans of that pairing. And it's a accurate description of the manga itself too.

Ezgif-3-bff3e4c8bc
joined May 25, 2021

is this missing a prequel?

To reply you must either login or sign up.