Forum › ShioPomu - Harry Potter AU discussion

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

I was confused until the end note since I only read a bit of the first Harry Potter book. I still don't understand how telling Ayumu about her Patronus would burden her though

last edited at Jan 24, 2021 2:04PM

Yujacha Uploader
Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016

I was confused until the end note since I only read a bit of the first Harry Potter book. I still don't understand how telling Ayumu about her Patronus would burden her though

I interpreted it as the stereotypical "It would make things awkward if this person found out I was in love with them, because what if they don't like me back" kind of thing.

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

So, like, is every HP fanfic cursed with the "My patronus is related to my crush and now I can't tell anyone"?

Also how many Dementors are attacking these kids? Why are there so many of them? How come the kids constantly half concious when their friend decides a patronus is nesessary?

I have to assume that literally all of them take place during Harry's enrollment, the Dementors are only there because of him.

Yujacha Uploader
Rinpana_smol
Yujacha
joined Nov 15, 2016

So, like, is every HP fanfic cursed with the "My patronus is related to my crush and now I can't tell anyone"?

Also how many Dementors are attacking these kids? Why are there so many of them? How come the kids constantly half concious when their friend decides a patronus is nesessary?

I have to assume that literally all of them take place during Harry's enrollment, the Dementors are only there because of him.

Yes, because everyone has massive boners for angst/unrequited love (including me lol).

There's no reason to cast a Patronus if you can just run away, so that explains the horde. The Dementors need to be present to make the Patronus Charm a necessary plot device because otherwise there's no good reason to cast it, and the whole point of the artist drawing this AU is to show off the fact that Shioriko is in love with Ayumu via her Patronus form. I'm guessing that Shioriko didn't want to have to use her Patronus and only did so because Ayumu was passing out and on the verge of being overrun by Dementors.

It's an AU, so anything can happen. I'm pretty sure everything's just handwaved with "artistic license" anyway. In the first place, Shioriko and Ayumu would never be at Hogwarts since they're Japanese, so there's no use in trying to apply logic to any of this. Just let the artists have their fun~

Areyougonnatouchem-17sq
joined Jan 27, 2019

Presumably either Yu or Ayumu herself would be subbed in for Harry if there were more to this AU than what's here. Definitely cute, though, and I'm always glad to hear from Sasuke.

To reply you must either login or sign up.